•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Scone_Of_Ark

Vape VS Smoke

Ive been vapeing lately.

First thing I noticed aside from the fact I can vape about an ounce in a half hour without realizing it, was the buzz is different.

There were several things different but the buzz stood out.

It was like I had the psychedelic preamp turned all the way up and the volume low. Almost like the high was clipping my brain after a while.

I looked in vain for a good discussion about the difference between vaping and smoking as we stoners see it. I found very little and it conflicted badly.

There were several who thought vape a down high. I sure didn't get that impression.

There were a few rocket scientists who would say either THC or everything else would vape first or that more of the stuff would decarboxolize in a vape stream with the lower temps and on and on.

You would think some of these people would sit down one weekend and try smoking and vaping the same pot, and see what the difference really is.

So I did.

I took some of the Chem D Blueberry that Esco cooked up and vaped all week long, now I'm smoking it.

When I vaped it, I didnt feel the buzz near as much, so of course I kept vaping till I did, but by then I'm so freakshow high I cant find my own face staring at me in the bathroom mirror.

The high is unlike anything Ive smoked, and seems the same no matter what pot I stuff into the whip. Its like a flywheel with nothing holding it back.

The scarey part was a huge hit of vape, while I could barely taste or see it, expanded like the most pungent bong hit.

Still there was no physical sensation to tie stoned to, I just didn't feel it. Oh it was all around me, I had that hazy eyes feel and my pot monkey was very well fed. But there was not that heavy buzz I am feeling now that Ive got out the bong.

The vape high once set in, is not all that different than the bong high, just no body high.

But the smoking high is so much richer, and fuller. I am not only enjoying the music intellectually, I am really feeling it.

I think the vapeing thing may need practice to get right. I have the temp perfect, and the draw down so I get a steady white stream of clean vape leaving yellow vapor poo with no scorch.

It tastes allot like buttery popcorn.

Maybe I should have used more benign pot for this.

• Like 13

www.fuckcombustion.com is a great site for vaping. What vape do you have?

First thing I noticed aside from the fact I can vape about an ounce in a half hour without realizing it

28g in 1/2 h ???

I'm not on the same planet ! :)

Peace

Yeah, you have to picture me sitting here vaping hit after hit thinking "its not working dammit".

I use a vap bros classic box vape with a whip. None of this sit here while it fills a bag stuff.

Yes I can poke a whole jar of pot through the thing in under an hour.

The high at that point is more like eating too much pot than anything else.

Vaping is not for everybody but something does not sound correct.

What temp are you using, dial setting? A medium to medium high setting I would start at and go forward or back. Depending on what the actual temp, different things are being vaped off.

Describe how you draw? It should be slow, not like taking a hit off a bong.

Effect, should take about 3-5 minutes after taking a draw. It is a bit slower than smoking sensation wise.

Do you grind your herb prior to vape? Should be ground but not fine, generically and should be properly dried.

Do not pack the wand hard or over fill and stir after every few draws.

What does your ABV look like. If you take a pic of it, it will potentially tell me a lot about how you vape in terms if it is under or over processed.

Vaping should use far less than smoking but it is not everybody but the amount you claim to go through is extremely off. Also, some herb, simply just does not vaporize well. Strangely enough, mids seem to vape better than higher quality but this varies and I cannot find any way to predict it. I have seen this personally about a handful of times.

I come to vaping due to health and I happened to like it greatly. Not everyone does and in my experience I see long term smokers tend to like it less than others at times. This simply may be the case.

I've had similar experiences, Scone, with a Volcano (wait until a bag fills type). You are definitely getting a different blend of cannabinoids than when you burn it. I just can't get that same wrecking ball to the gray matter hit off a vaporizer than a pipe.

I know what the Volcano people recommend in their directions, but I find that if you crank the temp higher it is more like the smoking experience. It seems to take a lot of experimentation, and I just haven't spent the time to know all of what a vaporizer can do.

they make all the weed just taste like popcorn after a good smoke., well vape. i do like the up high, but i prefer smoking,seems more satifying than vapeing nd i usually revert back to big fat blunts:@) mack.

You Clowns!

You honestly think I weighed out exactly 28 grams of pot and set up a clock?

I vaped a whole pickle relish jar full while watching A Scanner Darkly.

This experiment had nothing to do with dosage, this was more of an exploration of the vape high.

Had I tried to smoke all that I would have fallen asleep about a quarter the way in if that.

So;

Vape is an Up High.

I am delighted to find that theres no cieling to hit, its like smoking a good sativa almost.

But the high lacks something, something that not even turning the thing up to almost burning it will fix.

Its similar to the high from that fake THC I tried last year.

Its there but its faking an orgasm.

Though once I did burn some, and found the combination high Delightful.

Its possible we can use vape like we use nitrous in a high performance engine.

It seems possible one can bong some and vape some to add some pep to a boring high.

I also miss the bong.

The pot I grow all of it comes from this place, so you know how high I am.

When I vape the stuff it totally flattens the personality of the high, every strain tastes like scorched popcorn and they all feel alike.

When I smoke each strains different buzz can be felt clearly.

I get the full rich experience.

What you describe is vaporizing at too high a temp generally. The burnt popcorn taste is a dead giveaway but also it is the direction to go in if you want a similar smoking high so likely its not for you. You can use your vaporizer with a bong as well. I recommend it.

• Like 1

I love your analogys scone... :)

It was like I had the psychedelic preamp turned all the way up and the volume low. Almost like the high was clipping my brain after a while.

Love it.~

Stupidly however, I cannot elaborate much with regards to experience, I once made a lightbulb vape, and only noticed that the taste, of which the weed I was smoking was my first grow, was tasteless TNR strain, smelt like socks with a combo of the genetics and my poor drying attempt, but when vaping the taste was phenomenal. Absolutely blew my mind with the tastes that were revealed.. Naturaly I broke the sodding thing, and it was my only screwcap light bulb.. So that was the end of that.

You have provoked me now, to make my own electronic vape, I have been toying with the idea of building a peltier cooled bong, but a vape would be better, they have a ceramic element right? Are you using a volcano, care to share the temperatures in centigrade for best vaporization?

Looking forward to vaping now :D

Peace.

Silent.

I'm using a vape bros box vape, the old one with only a dial to turn and no temp display.

I run from a pot flavor at low temps (this is how I vaped so much without turning into a sand worm) through a buttery popcorn like taste to a toasted popcorn taste at higher temps.

Yes I did notice there is a difference to the high as you raise the temp, but it doesn't really kick in till you have actual ignition.

Any hotter than that it ignites and you get that rubbery smokey taste. The 'weird' thing is after two bong hits I can no longer taste that 'toxic' aspect. Could just be my brain telling me it tastes okay even though it really tastes like a roach.

I am convinced that there is more to the high we get than THC CBD and CBN, its way too complex for that.

Its as though my brain is a giant tongue tasting different seasonings for the input my senses are sending it. Some pot is salty some sweet some savory some creamy some is all mixed up in exotic combinations like Chinese food. Im talking about the high here not the actual flavor of the pot, though that is a reliable indicator of the personality of the high you will experience.

There is more to it than just vape.

Smoking, while using what we call a 'Zeppelen', a pipe shaped like a bat with a large cylinder holding pot at one end with a small hole in it. This thing will heat up the half gram of pot it holds much more than a bong bowl at a faster rate. The taste is very distinct, and none too pleasant if you cough it back up.

But the high is fantastic, deep intense and almost instant. Much richer than the usual smoked high I got but as I said this is kinda harsh if you dont get it just right. The trick is not to clog the thing first off, a clear draw will make the whole experience smoother. The second is to breathe in some after the hit. This will stop it from burning your throat and keep you from coughing.

Coughing smoke is bad enough, this smoke is like coughing up chlorine gas.

Did you try vaping Pure Kush?

If so, how was it?

Sativa?

My vaporizer was broken (dude broke it) before I had a chance to try it on PK...I used to use a vapolution.

Did you try vaping Pure Kush?

If so, how was it?

Sativa?

My vaporizer was broken (dude broke it) before I had a chance to try it on PK...I used to use a vapolution.

Everything is the same in a vape.

There's alitle difference in taste between strains, but the high is always pretty much the same.

Its like being yelled at by Kafka and Kubrick at the same time while trying to explain Skeffington to your friends.

I want to go the other direction.

I want a metal plate that one can dip a few times in solution to deposit a precise dose of hash which is heated instantly to the optimum temp by electric current through the plate.

Like an electric Hot Knife!

Ill carve that Turkey.

interesting observation scone. thx for posting on it.

also want to thank hempyfan for his comments .

though i'll get 1/2 vapes especially to do hash/harsher types of weed. i love the taste of a doobie! yet i also really like the affect of the edibles done right.

eating it is believing in it lol. thx yall good 411 and i'll check that vape forum too

I have to disagree. Taste and high are just fine in vape and dosage is 0,2g for me and I'm good for hours and no I don't have kiddie tolerance but just like you endless hunger.It's just no good feeding the hunger with more weed small dosage goes a long way.. Also no throat/lung problems that I easily get with my minor asthma. Bong hits taste like ashtray compared to vape imo. Doobies are ok but still very dry to throat and you can easily throw grams in it. Being so harsh to throat is probably the reason why you feel you couldn't smoke the whole pickle jar

I remember it took me around 2 weeks to get used to vaping but I would never go back to smoking continuosly.

overfed hydro buds also taste fine from vape.

Ark do you mean E-nail?

• Like 2

I know what you mean with the sativa high

that was also what i did not like about vaping

but its a temperature and also a vape dependend thing and the other big point is the strains you use,

some vape better, some smoke better that you need to figure out

the best hitting vapes for me are the ones with a short vapor way

and the bong vaporizers where you breeze in deeply.

The daisy from triihouse (dicontinued but remade by stickybricklabs) would be a nice choice (if you are in the usa)

its kind of a pipe you use with a torch lighter

(always good for a ex smoker to have a lighter to play with),

this thing gets me wrecked when i put in some nice indica weed.

Or the Lifesaber by 7thFloor is a great vape,

used with a male/male conector with screen through a bong rocks

(i do not like to use it with a hose, thats not so statisfying)

The Mighty by Storz and Bickel for a good portable battery vape that works and has a good airflow

There are many good vapes to choose but also many that are shitty

vapes with a hose are not working for me or the ones with a restricted draw i do not like it and they do not get me as high

you need to inhale deep and hold it some seconds its pure vapor so all you exhale is lost

you should vape it till its dark brown! for a more body/relaxed high

greets Silas

• Like 1

mighty is exceptional and price has dropped a bit and they've updated it with enforced armor etc.2years warrant it's worth it tbh! And it doesn't produce only "head high".. I've vaped so many strains that I feel that I can say this.

for 10years I sweared to good old bong hits but after my lung problems I'm really glad I bought this because it makes it so much smoother and the taste that I get from strains is just unreal. It's like it actually tastes 'like it smells' most times but I don't get that burned it burns too hot or something..

Bought a PAX 3 a few days ago. Tried MANY strains through it.......................tried many settings...................I just do not like it. Way different than

hitting Bud. There were small taste differences, but NOT like the difference in burning the Bud.

I much prefer the Bud to vape..............................looks like i have wasted 275 bucks....................it is gonna sit in a drawer till forgotten about.

Guess I am staying old school.......................it does burn Rosin well however

I got some vapes, Ascent and Pax, and for the most part they collect dust after running similar trials, nothing like that "burned" flavor to me. I use the vapes for stealth puffing but other than that a bit less for my taste buds. Its always been called smoking a bowl.

Vape off.

I've owned my vriptech for over 10 years and its the best thing i have ever spent money on. period.

It is a heat gun or a wand (depending on how old your set up is or how clumbsy you are with your gear :)) that fits into a two part glass bowl. The top half of the bowl is a cylindrical glass sheath and it slides onto another piece that looks exactly like a traditional bong bowl. This is just like taking bong tokes but its vapor instead of smoke. It gives massive draws that come out so thick that you cannot see through it.

The heat gun has an lcd screen to allow to adjust to the temperature you like. In about 14 years I have owned 3 heat guns from steinel. They are workhorses. The all glass bong-bowl set up produces a great taste; it is the exact terpene profile of the flower being consumed.

I can put 0.2 in the bowl and have a 10 minute session that will keep me free of pain for 2 hours. If I put 0.8 in the bowl I can hit the bong for 45 minutes and be good for 4+hours. This set up gets you a full body buzz and you feel the waves for about 45 minutes before it settles down into a nice mellow glow.

I understand that a lot of vaporizers are not up to par on the market and people have had negative experiences with them. With that said, I am never going to smoke pot again and haven't for 5 years. I vape all day long everyday or I eat edibles as a medical patient and its because I feel it supports my symptomatology better than when I used to smoke for pain relief. I am not saying its better or I am righteously superior, not by any means, my discourse is merely to show another perspective about vaporization and its wonderful pain relieving qualities (when the device being used is properly engineered).

If I wasn't getting completely blasted, doing bong tokes and not having to cough up gross shit every morning in the shower on top of having to clean gross shit out of my bong everyday, well then I'd do something else to consume my cannabis instead of vaporization ;)

And the reclaim/resin buildup of non combusted cannabis is golden sap from heaven!gallery_9702_4743_1281663.jpggallery_9702_4743_997824.jpg

P.S. I just received a very good deal on a Volcano and I am going to add that to the medical support team for the days I cannot draw on the bong because of my nerve pain. It provides a steady, reliable result which will be nice for the days I am neither of those things haha.

Love and Respect to you all

• Like 2

yep I always hear about people buying the wrong vape and after that its /bye for vaping.. My first vape was Magic Flight Launch box. People kept saying "it works and is super stealth etc". Fuck them it didn't work at all or if it did work you had to be extremely careful with pressing the BATTERY as power button and it just sucked it also tasted like the wood that it was made from..

Stop being greedy when it's time to buy vape and spend some money and buy one trusted people such as storz & bickel.. Even their 'plenty' which is sucky home device beats all of the other same price range things and it's the wors vape they have..

I trust in Storz & Bickel and I would buy mighty again and I swear I have no connections to them whatsoever! Volcano tokes are much different than mighty ones though. They are cooler and you can hit a lot from that bag if you want but it's colder and you can even go higher temps in Volcano than you can go in mighty. That's one negative but I think mighty's 210c is enuff. But Volcano base holds 4grams or so so that's the negative side about volcano imo because mighty base holds about 0,2-03 depending from the bud..

Also as said that vaping takes time to get into is true.. I had 2 weeks really worried season but when I understood it I was sold. I do smoke bong hits raw at friends because I don't like to travel with mighty that much at the streets but I still like the vape high more.

JetDro clean the pax and return it if you can and get the mighty.. My friend atleast returned used vape because he didn't like it after like 5 days and it was kay... Don't know about around there tho

• Like 1