•           ai.php.gif

e$kob@r

How to Grow Hydro Flooding Style

Found this: https://vid.me/oCTp

In written form: This is from Growpito.com

NEW GROWPITO - FLOOD AND DRAIN - SOAKING AND WATERING INSTRUCTIONS

To prepare the new Growpito for use, it must first be soaked to assure that the medium will achieve its full potential. To soak the Growpito, two 30 to 50 gallon totes are ideal.

Fill one with water. Add 0.500 of your grow nutrients, not including the water's EC. Adjust the PH to 5.5.

Fill the other tote with Growpito and pump the solution into the tote with the Growpito. Make sure there is enough solution to cover the medium with at least one inch of water.

Let this set for 1 hour.

Drain the water.

Fluff up the Growpito and loosely add to the container you will grow in. Fill the container to the top with Growpito. (We recommend 3 gallon pots, or 5 to 10 gallon totes.)

Growpito is now ready for planting.

Now you can set your plant. Make a small hole to accommodate the cutting or seedling and fill in around the sides with Growpito.

Add water to a separate WATERING container and make a nutrient and enzyme solution.

Add 0.800 grow nutrients to the water's EC, and set PH to 5.6.

USING one liter per plant, pour around the main stem to encourage the roots to follow the water to the bottom of the container.

Wait 5 days, with no watering.

After 5 days, you can flood the tray at 25% of the height of the containers. (Your reservoir should only hold enough water to flood the containers to 25% of the grow container.)

Fill reservoir with the desired amount of water and add 1.000 nutrients and additives to the water's EC, mix and flood the tray.

Next, drain or pump back the solution into the reservoir. No need to let the solution sit. (FLOOD AND DRAIN OR EBB AND FLOW)

After the solution is back in the reservoir, you will want to check the values of the return solution's PH and EC. This will tell you how the plant has reacted to the solution given. Ideally, the PH and the EC will come back as close as possible to the original number.

If the EC comes back higher than the pre flood number, you can give the plants a bit less EC at the next watering. If the EC is lower than the pre flood number, then you can give more. We recommend keeping what is called a flat nutrient schedule. With new Growpito, the PH should return the same.

Wait 3 days and repeat. Your plants will drink readily and a refill of the reservoir is needed every three days. Refill your tank to the desired amount (your reservoir should only have enough water to flood the containers to 25% of the height of the container used), and adjust EC and PH to the flat schedule (PH 5.6 and an EC of 1.000 plus the water's EC).

Remember: WATER EVERY THREE DAYS, 1 hour after the lights have come on.

Never let the containers dry out. If they get dry, the EC will rise to dangerous levels and the plant will be damaged.

If you follow these instructions, you will have a repeatable, successful growing experience.

Thanks, and Karma Up!

Hope that helps.

Keep in mapito/growpito. When it is done correct, it is great but if you have a problem it can be unforgiving. I ask that you understand the media and process before jumping into it. I say this to protect your grow and no other reason. With that said, I look forward to seeing your grow and if you choose this method keep in mind, EC needs might be lower than other methods and do not allow to dry out. Normally every 3 day feeding.

• Like 1

Thank you so much that has made it so clear I will post pictures of my set up and equipment in next few days thanks so much all peace and harmony small steps but taking it all in I have a lot of time and patience 2 months studying reading this forum over and over again I will start with 2 30ltr crates with 3 plants in each as this will be my first grow ever hope I have learned enuff still nervous wanna put all this knowledge into a first time grow and we shall see the results I will do my very best God bless good luck and thanks so much guys .

Welcome to Opengrow Ian :)

Just keep a clear respectful head when asking questions here and you have the best growers in the world to assist in all of your growing :)

If today "me" was to go back in time and give advice to "newbie" me... I would say that the smallest, simplest and most basic little things you do in growing (PH, EC, Environment, Nutrition) are the most important things for success or failure.

Esko preaches these very things in this thread... just because the system is simple doesn't mean that the little details are not extremely important ;)

Dont be nervous, we all had to start somewhere ;)

The joy of growing is you don't just get one shot... you have a lifetime of shots ;)

Rose

• Like 5

Thanks so much for all your help guys any one have a link were I can ship growpito to the uk I have found some good Mapito but would like to try use both thanks so much guys:)

Thanks so much I've emailed them a day or so ago so will be patient for there reply as a first time grower you guys have gave me so much confidence and help forever grateful peace and harmony

• Like 2

hey!!!! i'm a few years behind on this topic... but.. doesn't matter.. what matters is that i got here finally!!!!

thanks a lot for all the info... i'm reading this slowly and carefully before i ask my questions...

peace!

• Like 3

*Dracula voice*

I have come.. to revamp.. this thread!

Curiosity question in case I missed it..?

@ E$kob@r

On the first page in your feeding chart I notice you do a gradual increase of PK 13/14 over the space of 3 week in 1/3 strength increments.

If im understanding correctly, full strength PK 13/14 is 1.5ml/L... so first PK 13/14 dosage would be 0.5ml/L?

My question is in the second dosage of PK 13/14 the next week at 2/3 strength, is this adding 2/3 strength (1ml/L) on top of previous week or adding another 1/3 strength (0.5ml/L) to now bring the nutrient mix up to 2/3 strength (1ml/L)..?

(And after the 3rd week of PK 13/14 arriving at a total of 1.85ml/L... a smidge higher than traditional "week 5" PK 13/14 hit)

Just wanted to clarify for myself and others please :)

Rose.

• Like 1

normal nutes:

i don't drop a full 1.0 EC on my tap, i add so much that i end up

@1.0EC in total each time and end in late flo with a max of 1,5EC

(strain dependend, tho. since different strains eat more or less ;)).

esko means, PK13/14:

first week = 1/3 of the 100% amount of what the bottle recommends.

second week of use = 2/3 of the recomended dose on the bottle

third week = bottle recomendation, full strenght

but depending on strain it can burn them.

i personally go a bit less each time here too.

i go: 1/4 first, then 1/2 and stop at 2/3 to 3/4 of the recomended amount.

(hopefully esko can chime in, tho ... he knows best :))

• Like 1

@ rose some have there ways of adding p.k 13/14 i give them just a little taste in week 4 ill add 1 mill to 15liters of water then in week 5 they get 30 mills to 65 liters then in week 6 45 mills then i start to lower the ec back hope this helps

space

Thanks guys :)

E$kob@r wrote the feed chart correctly in my eyes using fractions instead of dosage as PK boosters have different strengths.

Concisely he has also written it in a way that "this is what you add/top up with every week"... so I read it as the increased dosage is independent every week :)

For myself I can read and judge the plant as to what I dose, but I more so ask on behalf of somebody I put onto the tutorial that does not yet share the experience to read plants as well and would follow this to a "T" ;)

E$kob@r does not appear a whimsical grower in his methods, so im sure he chose his delivery of PK 13/14 for a good reason and with trial and error :)

Im always about "why".. :P

Hey fellas this thread is still alive :verrygood

I have try it this methode now for 1 year and the results are 0K not awesome like my first grow.

Maybe i put not enough PK 13/14 ?!?!

My Water Tank got 600 Liters in total i use PK from Hesi company

so first week 1/3 of the 100% amount what the bottle recommends in my case i have to put 300ml right??

300ml sounds alot for the first dosage!!

My EC is 1.0-1.4 with nutrients...

any reply would be nice

how you are starting with clones put 2 week veg time or longer?!

I put 2-3 weeks veg and at 30cm i put on 12/12....

@ henny

Welcome to Opengrow henny :)

If your aiming for 1/3 dosage of Canna PK 13/14 that would be 0.5ml/L... so for a 600L nutrient mix, you would add 300ml yes.

Most mono potassium "PK's" are roughly the same, just sometimes differences in ratios (11/13, 14/10 etc) depending on company and sometimes different strengths (some are slightly stronger or weaker than Canna)

Despite the 1000 copies of Canna PK 13/14, it is still probably the strongest, cleanest and most trusted PK available.

As for Hesi's PK 13/14, I've never used it so I could not comment on its consistency.

Id say it would be the same or similar, but honestly dont know.

As for veg time before 12/12, I think at least a week of veg before flip does wonders for extra yield due to extra root platform and allows you to "level/top" the clones more easily going into 12/12 for a more uniform canopy :)

• Like 1

@ rose thanks buddy for fast reply :wave:

One question

I put 2-3 Plants per Crate 1 Crate size is 23 Liters.

1 Plant looks pretty shitty other one god like very strange any one knows what could be the issue?!

Clones are from same Motherplant.

Maybe my Mapito is bad Quality any one knows a good online shop for Mapito in EU?!

thanks in advance

@ henny most times you will get one or 2 shity clones that will not grow just rip them out a place a new clone in its place thats if you have spare clones hanging about but its all ways best to cut more clones then you will need that way you can pick the ones with the most power and dunp the rest just like HD would say and i am sure esko wpuld say also hope this helps

space

• Like 2

@space thanks a lot next run i will do it cut more clones :tu

how much you get from 1 plant dry?! my best result was 40g from 1 plant.....from northern lights clones now i have cheese and critical kush and next run i will try critical plus 2.0

any one got expierence with these plant?!

I heard a lot of these 2.0 slow veg but flowering time very fast 50 days only!!!! and big yield.....

hello henny,

theres no sense to speak about plant weight..space and light make big difference not the strain.

if u get 100g dry in a 30x40 cm crate with 600w/m2 u are doing good,,, and getting more will be a real fight between u and nature:)

happy growing

• Like 5

Hi guys I have a question hope someone can help...

Right I have a 200ltr res I fill with my tap water which has an ec of 0.5. I add 1 ec of nuits taking total to 1.5 ec. Now I use this to flood 4/5 times when I refill the res my ec could be say for example 0.7 ec with the tap water and the little bit of nuits left in there.

Now do I add 0.8 ec of nuits to again take my overall ec back again to 1.5 or would I add the 1.0 ec of nuits that would take it up to 1.7

Any help appreciated

The way I do this is fairly simple.

If you used just base nutrient, it would be easy. Tap water (0.5EC) + 1.0EC of base nutrient.

When you top up the resevoir with water, just add base nutrient till I reach 1.5EC again and adjust PH.

With additives, I start my mix with tap water (0.5EC) + 1.0EC base nutrient = 1.5EC

Instead of "putting away" my EC meter, I then add my "calgel" and "enzymes" etc.

My EC will now be say 1.7EC in total meaning the additives added an extra 0.2EC to my mix.

Now when I top up again with water, I just add my additives first at dosage (which will bring me up 0.2EC higher) and then top up with base nutrient until I reach 1.7EC again.

Of course you can do it the other way around too also.

If your say 1000L reservoir was down to 250L, you would top up with water and your EC would now be say 0.9EC

Top up with 0.6EC of base nutrient (bringing you up to 1.5EC) then add additives per dosage for the water you replaced (750L)

This should put you right back on 1.7EC again ;)

This keeps my base nute/additive ratio in check :)

Rose.

I count water EC plus nutrient EC combined. For me 1.5 EC is a bit high but others do run that high so I say as caution. Your plants will tell you.

With return of .7ec in rez, I would take tap water + EC to = 1.5 or your desired range.

Their are many ways to calculate, I am for generally going low in EC and let the plants show you the way as you increase EC until you know the genetics. I say generically.

Hope that helps.

Hempyfan.

Hey Fellas its me again :wave:

I have now the RFX 1 from Agra wool and i Start it few days ago a new Grow this thread says first time flooding after 5 days BUT

the mapito in the bottom box is still wet and i can squeez it easily!!

The surface is a lil bit dry i cant squeeze it

So what i have to now?!? Wait a 1-2 days longer or flood the floor?!

thanks for reply

greetz henny

Hi Henny,

I have also been trying to tweak out the moisture gradient that rockwool works really well for :)

The 'wet and dry' cycles for rockwool/mapito is what makes it potentially amazing as a media. You need to find a line between letting it dry out enough to allow the rootzone to breathe but flood enough to recharge media with nutrients. The ammendment of drainage in rockwool (mapito) assists this.

Still it would appear the Euro lads appear to dry out faster for some reason and flood every 3 days with success.

I found a 4-5 day flood worked better, but perhaps a healthy mychorhizal population in their rootzone helped to drink faster.

My little secret mapito tip I have discovered is to dose the nutrient with 2ml/10L of H2o2 (50% strength) about 30mins before flooding. This pumps the rootzone with oxygen for the initial 24-48hrs to stop the plant "bogging down"... works amazing ;)

Dont be deterred by RW/mapito... once you get it tweaked and understand "moisture gradient" and "steering" it is an incredible media to work with :)

Hopefully the pro's chime in shortly for you :)

Rose.

• Like 3

Growpito flood and drain Video: Official and not a grower made one.

Flood and Drain:

Transplanting in Mapito: