•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Schizoid Man

My first grow, Sugar Punch on soil

Update:

They seem to be growing faster under MH and the relatively cool temps, though not enough to compensate for my previous errs that led to the slow growth earlier.

gallery_4203_2410_598393.jpg

gallery_4203_2410_1114219.jpg

Is it time to flip?

What say you?

nice recovery from the litle over feeding .

if i was u i putted them 12/12 now for sure .

for the rest is looks good , just let ure plants dry a litle pick up the pot ,

water the plant pick up the pot again and feel the difrents , next day u will feel if u need to water or waite an other day .

do u gonne buy an hps for the bloom periode?

greetz DJP

I already have a 250w HPS, so I guess its flower time tonight.

I didn't undertand your instructions about watering, is it something I should do before I flower? Currently, I just water them once in 3 days.

I think DJP is saying that you should tell when they need water by the weight of the pot. So feel how heavy it is dry, and then again once you've watered, and you should be able to tell when to water from how heavy the pots are.

The plants are looking lovely dude :)

Peace

Hey schizoid, plants are looking good so far.

I've never used those easy rollers, I just use chains. Chains are fail safe. I've heard of people opening their grow rooms to find their lights sitting on top of their plants because their adjustable light hangers failed. They lost a few plants as a result. So be warned.

keep feeding them growing nutrients till u see the first female pistols .

then u can switch to flowering nutrients .

i geus i can even say to still feed root stimulator till then .

SM: It is likely that you'll NEVER need to add the full amount of nutes recommended on the side of the bottle/container. In soil, virtually every strain I've ever grown, with the exception of Whazzup's Anesthesia, was perfectly happy at nute dosages below 1/2 the recommended amount, and they often burned above it.

People always want to help the plants by adding nutrients and other amendments. Cannabis usually doesn't need much. if you grow other plants, you might notice that Cannabis is a light feeder in comparison with just about everything else.

As far as stretch goes, that happens after you flip to 12/12. I've never grown Sugar Punch, so I don't know what kind of stretch you'll see, but I would anticipate a doubling of plant height or more.

DJP: There are already visible pistils for some time, as I vegged for a pretty long time.

Misterdirt: About the feeding, yeah sadly 'I learned that on my flesh'(In a direct translation form my mother language =) during veg, 1/2 nutes was plenty good, things went wrong when I increased it.

the curling is frm over feeding again mate, in soil dnt feed at every watering, youl get salt build up like your getting now causing the curling.. only feed every other watering, in mid bloom when their packing it on then its ok to feed with every watering but other than that its feed then water, feed then water,ect ect hope this helps.... c

Thanks, I took your advice and didn't feed them this time.

I just wanna be sure for next times, should I do it even if I feed with a 1/2 nute solution?

hi mate... you mean you only feed em half strength on the last feed?? still alternate between feed and water.. like i say its only in peak flower when you can feed at every watering but i jst stick with feed, water, feed, water the whole way thru. youl save on nutes and provided environments right youl yeild more.. alway remember, its better to under feed than over feed! any other help jst ask, been at it 15 odd yrs so not much i haven't seen, lol... c

Thanks for sharing with your experience, with all the info I read about growing, it seems to be lacking when I actually start doing it.

Here's a small update:

gallery_4203_2410_923153.jpggallery_4203_2410_1420103.jpg

Beginning of week 5:

gallery_4203_2410_705338.jpggallery_4203_2410_174218.jpggallery_4203_2410_1315247.jpg

Even after I reduced the feeding cycle, I still get a bit of clawing, should I stop feeding for a longer period to handle the salts buildup?

The clawing probably has nothing to do with salt buildup. One of the Sugarpunch phenos I had was a clawing mutha all the way till the end. While the other 3 were fine.

It had no effect on the quality at all. =)

Good to know, I was worried...Anyway, here's a small update:

gallery_4203_2410_1006179.jpggallery_4203_2410_99328.jpggallery_4203_2410_1127120.jpggallery_4203_2410_510529.jpg

I had a bit of a burn on some top parts(not on leaves though), so I moved the light further away, I hope it didn't do too much damage.

That's a pretty impressive result for a first-timer:)

She's about ready to switch to flowering nutes, if you haven't already. Expect those buds to fill in solidly over the next couple of weeks, and you might have to start supporting the branches, she will get heavy indeed over the final weeks.

Be patient during the cure time, the result will be worth it. :yummy:

Thanks guys!

I was actually worried for a while since its cooler than usual around here this winter, temps inside are 63-68, but eventually it didn't seem to do any damage, and even turned the buds of one of the girls a bit purplish, which is nice.

Its currently beginning of week 7, not much is left!

About curing, since you brought it up, what is the best method in your opinion?

The only one I heard was placing the buds in cork jars after they're properly dried by hanging, and opening the jars for 8 hours a day..

Humidity outside around here is rather low(50-40), if its of any importance.

Already starting to plan what to do next grow, might be at a friend's place, I think we'll build a better and bigger cab, and grow some more stuff, maybe add something from escobar's gear(Chocolate Berry?).

Oh and here's a pic...I would've uploaded more, but the battery ended:

gallery_4203_2410_2015921.jpg