•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

skunkleberry

"Death By Chocolate" Grow Report by Skunkleberry

First of all a big THANK YOU goes out to Fusion Seeds for tgiving me the opportunity to do this test grow for them. I am truly honored and hope that this, being my first grow report online, will be a great show and that I will be able to contribute to the knowledge of this strain.

On to the grow:

I have cracked 10 seeds on 9/16 and have had all come up which is a great start. I have also germ 10 of my own "El Nino" seeds, that I have been working on for about 16 months(ElmonstroXChocolateRain), side by side and will probably do a seperate grow show on that in a different thread.

The seedlings are germing under 4x32w flor on a shelf in one of my 60x120 tents

gallery_2930_2476_25960.jpg

My grow will be done in soil of my mixing that I have been working on for aprox 3 years and I think that I have got it exactly where I want it. I have gotten it to a point where I only have to add a very minimal amount of nutes during the entire veg and through the first 4-6 weeks of flower. At the sixth weeks for most of the strains I have run is when they start to go pale. Depending on the strain is when I start to supplement some nutes. The only draw back is that my soil is very heavy and holds a lot of water therefore overwatering is a slight issue for some strains for example.... Chocolate Rain is very sensitive to water here are two pic's of 1st week of flowering

Chocolate Rain overwatering

gallery_2930_2493_1968920.jpg

This was the 1st week of flowering they were bending over right in front of my eyes I wish I could have gotten them on video! ;) They were back upright in about 4 hours! :bier

Chocolate Rain overwatering

gallery_2930_2493_1825706.jpg

This was the second week of flowering, all of the 5th set fan leaves curled into heart shapes but recovered in about 30 minutes,also right in front of my eyes the was crazy to see!! ;)

Then no more watering issues.

The next report will be everyweek untill done and will document with pictures al the way.

Thanks for watching and wish me luck!!!

Pulled up my chair :bier

Good luck and have fun.

Grtz

HillCrest ;)

Here they are 9/27, 10 days old from the date I started germ. There are 10 DBC and 7 El Nino in this picture. The El Nino's will not be in many of the rest of the pictures in this grow I am just trying to make use of all the light. I have added a 150W HPS light to the 4x32w.

These are the plant at their first repot.

gallery_2930_2476_1538129.jpg

They are getting straight tap water, B1 , Sannie's Bacto, and Silca Blast. The rootballs were dusted with Azos Powder, and the hole filled with Sannie's Myco fungi. :bier

Thanks for watching

Skunkleberry

Pulled up my chair ;)

Good luck and have fun.

Grtz

HillCrest ;)

Thanks Hillcrest that was a fast reply. I have been watching some of your grows lately, looking good!! ;)

10/6/11

Plants are still getting tap water now ph down to 6.4 as my tap is around 7.8. Plants are now about three weeks old and are doing great not the fastest starters I have had but that just gives me more time to watch and decide what is going to happen next.

gallery_2930_2476_531961.jpg

Repotted into .75 liter pots and dusted the rootballs again with the Azos Powder, filled hole with Sannie's Myco. Real standard stuff. Watering with Silca Blast and have folier sprayed under the leaves with Cal Carb.

gallery_2930_2476_2281610.jpg

By the way any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

10/10/11

Looking good nodes staying fairly tight and and a nice little tell in the leaves. Almost all of the first three sets of leaves have the same characteristic. The center leaf of the three is as wide as it is long and some of the leaves sets are crowded and starting to "swirl" (see picture number 3) to one side. I will show some pictures as they get older probably next week.

gallery_2930_2476_787229.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_737929.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_1864724.jpg

These plants are showing great vigor :bier and will be getting fairly big if you let them ;) and the side branching should do very well will definetly be topping these in the next week or two.

Later, Skunkleberry

10/16/11

There were a couple of seedling that were lagging pretty far behind the others as they germed up later so I have put them into my flower box at 12/12 with no topping and the are in 1 gallon pots. I do this a lot as the plant will not flower until it is ready to preflower. So rather than just preflowering it goes straight to full flower and I usually get pretty good results from the runts as they catch up and sometimes surpass the others. That extra week or two of 1000w light before they are ready to flower really gives them the jump on the rest of the batch.

#8, #10

gallery_2930_2476_1114128.jpg

Sorry I did not flip it before I uploaded it

I also do this when I am testing a batch of seeds just to see what the possible potential is of the genectics. I germ and veg for 1 week and pot into 1/2 gallon pot and put straight into 12/12 they flower when they ready and then just cull out males. The plants will all get between 2-3 feet tall and produce 1/2 to 3/4 oz each depending. But what you learn in a short period of time is the length of time that particular plant takes to preflower and you can judge when to put in the full batch of plants. If you put a single in really early then you can judge the length of time to complete the flower cycle and will know exactly when the rest of the plants will be ready for harvest.

Anyway 10/16 updates

They are really taking off and are very healthy plants and have no complaints about their progress.

gallery_2930_2476_404427.jpg

#1,#2,#3,#4

gallery_2930_2476_1002218.jpg

#5,#6,#7,#9

10/16/11

Here are some pictures of some of the leaf crowding on plant #9 in particular. It is producing even number 10 set leaves and below that 6 set. It is only on one side of the plant. Actually pretty cool if you ask me looks really interesting. There are four maim leaves on each side then a small center leaf in the back that kind of points up and the center leaf in the front is underneath and points down it is most pronounced on this plant but can see this type of deform on some of the others.

gallery_2930_2476_1014773.jpg

this is under the front of the leaf also the leaf stem is almost twicw as big as the other leaf stems

gallery_2930_2476_500327.jpg

this is the top view :bier

Later, Skunkleberry

10/22/11

Feeding is the same I have topped and repotted into 1.5 gallon pots dusted the rootball, myco, and silca blast.

gallery_2930_2476_1481517.jpg

Again sorry I didn't flip the photo, they looking really good and have topped today and they are about a 14 inches tall and 16 inches wide. All side branching is progressing very nicely. We are having no issues with overwatering and the nute level in the soil is just where they seem to like it.

gallery_2930_2476_483472.jpg

I am going to repot one more time then go into flower. The flower box is a 4X4 and has a six inch fan pulling the box and a 95cfm helper fan pushing in to cool a 800w hood.

Flowering in about 3 weeks. These should be real nice and full when they get into their 3 gallon pots!!!

Will be updating next around Saturday.

Later, Skunkleberry

Olla Shunkleberry..you do good m8!!! All the best on your green m8! Cerio Leo :bier

Thanks Leo, really appreciate the vote of confidence.

Later Skunkleberry

Looking good. Hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair.

There is always room on my sofa for you Useless tahnks for stopping in

well, then i'll be sitting down as well and be blasted away

by your so much better-looking DBC-plants than mine !!

its looking really great so far, skunkleberry ... keep it green, mate :popcorn:

well, then i'll be sitting down as well and be blasted away

by your so much better-looking DBC-plants than mine !!

its looking really great so far, skunkleberry ... keep it green, mate :popcorn:

Thank you so much santero

Now that's a grow journal!

Well done sir. :tu

Plants look fat n' happy.

Peace

Welcome awake thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate the support.

I will be updating today or tommorow

Update for 10/31 of the grow. Not much to report but I have a feeling that I am going to have a bunch of boys as they are not showing preflowers and in my experience is that the longer they take to show the more the probability that they are males.

But who knows? They are going on 12hr cycle under 800w dual bulb hood (400 hps, 400 mh) , into a 4ft x 4ft box. Here are individual side shots...

gallery_2930_2476_174995.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_1866614.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_39554.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_176918.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_1142408.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_1320886.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_594772.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_996148.jpg

gallery_2930_2476_1184973.jpg

and this is a group shot of the 4X4 tent DBC in the middle and El Ninos around the outside...

gallery_2930_2476_2106979.jpg

That the news so far just waiting on flowers or balls to show. I will update in a week or so when they start to pop out.

Thanks for watching and comments and suggestions very welcome!

Later

Skunkleberry

I have a feeling that I am going to have a bunch of boys as they are not showing preflowers and in my experience is that the longer they take to show the more the probability that they are males.

Hola m8,

my experience says quite the contrary so let's hope some good f/m ratio B)

Peace

Hola m8,

my experience says quite the contrary so let's hope some good f/m ratio B)

Peace

Thanks for the good vibes and for stopping by but I will update tommorow or the next day and only have two females as they have all shown in the past day or so.

Later

Skunkleberry

Olla Skunklebery, your on the good run m8!! Get a look on No. 1,2 and 10 for hit the bitch! hoop so you find mutch you need..hahaha all the best on yours....!

apricieed this run bro...

Cerio Leo :smoke