•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

soopy

soopy's quest...

yeah i feel like the two cuts of OG i like the best are the fire and the larry. i like the lemony smell. here is the last fire run i did at day 56 and finished.

gallery_2984_2011_95733.jpg

gallery_2984_2011_380948.jpg

Nice and powerful. this was the clone only cut of the fire.

Beautiful flowers man, thanks! Yeah I am in love with the lemon leaning cuts, I find they have a great energy to them that really allow me to focus on the task at hand while relaxing me from the inside out. I like the funkier ones like the Tahoe too but I just can't get enough of the lemon OG. The batches of Legend that I have tried have been an awesome combination of full on lemon smothered in fuely kush, I am excited to grow it out.

Mine is my only clone of the fire cut, lol. Not sure it's background, my buddy is kinda forgetful when it comes to the details. I am in love though.

Have you ever had/heard of the Respect cut or the Trill OG? The dispensary I used to work at had them on a few occasions and they were killer. The Trill was super up, racy head that had you stuck in a corner if you weren't careful, and the Respect was a real sharp OG pine/lemon. I know the Respect is out there but I have a feeling the Trill was just a name slapped on some killer OG or maybe Chem91.

Thanks for stoppin in 44H, any input is greatly welcome.

Call me weird but I really like to see coverage photos of plants. I love to see the leaves and the branches and the battles they fight for dominance. There is something in each that speaks of yearning to me. You have some beauiful girls.

, Dang, wish I'd a found this earlier, but now that I have I'm along for the ride! Nice grow, bro - those girls are loving it!

ET, thank you sir! I love the structure of the plants, they are like a wonderful combination of sculpture and architecture. I am of the opinion that the first 2 weeks or so of flowering is the most beautiful point in the plants life, the vibrant green of the accelerated new growth against the lush green of the older growth.......Oh and the graceful stretching and branching......... :wub: lol. I will try and do full plant shots throughout the grow.

44H, word. Thank you.

Ibezphil, thank you man! I You are more than welcome to join the ride. Asise from the Lemon Thai being a very sensative plant and the Chem d needing more calmag, things do look good right now, I am happy. The tricky part is keeping them happy!

Thank you for stopping by everyone.

i actually just popped some Larry BX3 seeds that i did a while back and also some super skunk X larry. i did 2 of each just to stick in the corner of the room.

i also got some sour dub x tahoe which keeps the tahoe look and adds the sourness to the tahoe taste. alot better yield then the tahoe too.

btw, the ethylene has to do with female to male ratios in seeds and germination - by putting a banana peel in a bag and sealing it with the seeds inside, something in the ethylene gas helps with female to male ratios, can't remember the whys but I do remember the article - very interesting, especially if you are coming up with high male to female ratios or having trouble getting seeds to germinate. Later fellas!!

TMG, thanks for the kind words and thank you for stoppin' by!

44H, what did you use to outcross the Larry? Was there a particular trait in the Larry that you were breeding towards or away from? The Larry x SS sounds killer. Bigger, chunkier yield? What Super Skunk, Sensi or some crazy clone only that you "just have hanging around", lol jk. Sorry for all the questions, I am a total nerd when it comes to this shit. Sour Dub= Sour Diesel? Sounds tasty. The Legend I have sampled (from the same cut I have) has tasted like the description you give. Super deep funk/fuel with an equal amount of lemon/pine.

Ibez, that does sound familiar. It is something I would like to try. Maybe when I germ my seeds for my outdoor this year. Thanks for the info bro.

the original larry was bred with a good male i found in a pack of cali connection Tahoe before they were cali connection (yeah pretty hard to believe you can find something good in a cali connect pack huh) then worked back to the original mother finding the most lemony males to work

the larry x super skunk is some good stuff. its a super chunk monster that has that funky skunk smell with lemon fuel. the super skunk is the "raskel" clone only cut.

the sour dub is the original diesel (pollen) x ECSD

Sounds like a nice cross. I believe you on the cali connection find, I have an older mix pack that I found a nice keeper out of. Sounds like a solid breeding plan,

I had a feeling your super skunk was the Raskal clone, that cross sounds badass! As for the diesels, I am flowering out the Original Diesel for the first time. Can't wait to see what's up.

make sure you have some carbon scrubbers ready for the OD and have fun, its a good one!!

i like the shape and look of the ECSD but the smell of the OD is super fuel funk x10. will burn the inside of your nostrils out.

Thanks for The heads up 44H, I was just noting that I need a new scrubber. The Chem d is putting a hurt on the old one I am running now, and will surely kill it come harvest time. I remember the old, real headband out of Norcal from about 10 years ago, and remember it being like sour d but on roids in the smell department. A true fuel smell. I had a friend gag when he stuck his head into a QP, lol.

LOL.......OD is good stuff, same nostril massage as the D, but a bit lighter. I tend to build tolerance to her faster than the Chems, but its a real good high. And fairly stinky to grow,but not in ChemD territory at all. Funny thing I had some of the 4 go for 13 weeks and its a real heady experience.

One thing I was surprised about with the 4 was that it was almost unsmokable after 4-6 weeks of curing, real harsh to smoke, today after 6 months cure, its really smoke for gods. I must say she is my #1 undisputed, unfurtunately my 4 looks worse and are more zebrastriped than my D which is actually very healthy. I am doing some S1 of the 4 and D next grow, maybe cross pollinate them for variation.

I think that the CC Tahoes were autoflowering real bad, when rootbound, I have never grown them out, as with my Rez's Sour Diesel and so much other stuff filling the fridge. I keep making seeds and I seldom grow them, I must think I live forever Haha.

Funny thing about Swerve, though, he says that the D grows best horisontally and that the 4 best laterally, What kind of BS is that, they are growing completely like were the identical twins. they want to be topped and spread out, not grow uncut at all. Made me a little worried that he says such thing, being the big expert n all, but he is good at marketing and hype, thats for sure.

Any of you ever used or considered using Co2 ?

Satyr

13 week Chem 4?! What did the bud look like? Did it get any foxtails or just keep getting bigger? After I read your post, ( sorry for the delay man, I have been pulled in so many directions lately....) a buddy of mine got a tray of Chem 4 cuts and I snagged one. I love the 4, it was the first one I grew and I love her high. Super heady and up, for me. I plan on having her around for a while. S1's of those two would be a bunch of fun to go through, to see what comes out and guess what the origins could have been. A 50/50 D/4 pheno would be spectacular!

I think that the Cal Con got too big too quick, and is now operating with far fewer members than it started off with. Part of me thinks a lot of the seed growing/producing has been outsourced, at least in the last few years. That is when the hermi thing started, but a lot of the older, pre-alien, SFV bx's and crosses were pretty good. I too have been confused, to put it kindly, by a lot of what Swerve has said regarding lineage and history of certain strains. What confuses me the most is what happened? There are still some killer gems being pulled out of TCC gear, but an absurd amount of junk too. I think Cannarado, on the farm, found a killer Tahoe OG that swerve has used as the photo of the "new" Buddah Tahoe line. Not a new line, but an insanely frosty kush from a pack of TCC tahoe beans. Oh, and don't "horizontally" and "laterally" kinda mean the same thing, lol? Sounds like sound advice..........

I haven't used CO2. In a cruel twist of irony, my tiny little grow area has a natural gas line running to it that would make installing a CO2 burner a pinch. It is just so small that it would be of little to no use! I think that, from what I have read, CO2 is best used at certain times in a cycle? Does it increase actual resin/oil production. or just more "green" matter, leaves, branches.....?

CO2 is best used at certain times in a cycle? Does it increase actual resin/oil production. or just more "green" matter, leaves, branches.....?

During flower production, after stretch has the most benefits. Overall weight, if dialed, is vastly improved.

Thank you for the info Awake, that seems to jive with what I have been reading. One day.....lol,

Update. Hell's Angel OG kush, full of HaOG x Lemon Thai. Super heavy lemon fuel smells, like lemonhead candy's soaked in gasoline, yum!

gallery_2521_2495_383149.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_138811.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_74543.jpg

Not the biggest yielder but I hope the Lemon Thai will add some bulk and shorten the node length. I think... I will be chopping down the Chem D with seeds from the same male soon, as well as a Lemon Thai female with some F4 seeds in her. Now I just have to find the time and space to run all these seeds, lol!

thanks for stopping by.

Looking good Soopy! How long are you vegging for?

I'm running a tester of the Tahoe OG in a one gallon . Probably will yield enough for a joint. But at least I will get a taste. The other I kept as a mother.

I'm thinking of running the D again soon. Love smoking it, but it's a bit too strong for a casual smoke.

Did you get a chance to try that Blueberry? I have two extra rooted Cherry Pie clones ....

LThanks man! I vegged these HAs for maybe 10 days. Not long, that's for sure. I did a Tahoe in a one gallon and it yeilded something like 14 to 20 grams, didn't weigh it but it is some awesome smoke. I am going to flower out the bluberry here in a week or so, just finishing up the Chem d and the Lemon Thai. I have my first run of the OD going now too, about 3 weeks into flower now, i think lol. I have a really nice looking Killing Fields male that i want to use on some cuts. I just can't stop myself! I have a feeling that Lemon Thai x Killing Fields would be nice.

I love pie, of any sort.......

Thanks for stopping by man!

Overdue update time.

Harvest went well with the HA's, Chem D, and Lemon Thai. The LT is some strong smoke, heavy pulsing pressure behind the eyes and has a really great HIGH to her. Sativa all the way, kinda "lubes" the brain if you will, lol. Really nice lemon, cedar, herby smell and an almost smokey eucalyptus taste. I love it. I will post some pics of the buds soon.

Here is the next lot. I hadn't planned on making any seeds with this Jedi Kush ((ECSD x Sensi Star) x SFV OG) but he was thought to be a she and was the best growing, most beautiful plant of some 10+ mixed seeds I planted.He reeks of black licorice and an oak/pine/citrus smell. It only took a couple of days of 12/12 to show his sex and an awesome flower set. Looks pretty OG to me. I am not sure if I am going to do a full on pollination, that is a TON of seed, I might just chop some branches and collect the pollen. Here he is.

gallery_2521_2495_801468.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_352033.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_228881.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_517032.jpg

Here is an SFV OG clone I picked up. No idea if it is the real deal, looks pretty non-OG like so far. I didn't keep a cut of her, if she looks really good maybe I will try and reveg her. Her frame and flower set look to be a good match for the JK male, providing she has buds that pass the test.

gallery_2521_2495_70299.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_545648.jpg

Here is Chem D. She is hungry and on the rebound. This is one of the strongest plants I have had the pleasure of growing.Both in stone and growth vigor. She is a beast. With really weak stems, lol, but man she is a great plant.

gallery_2521_2495_1476352.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_962033.jpg

Lemon Thai lady. Love this one. Just went into 12/12.

gallery_2521_2495_461066.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_923066.jpg

gallery_2521_2495_1180609.jpg

This should be fun, I am running the 707 Headband (Norcal cut) and the Original Diesel/Daywrecker/Headband side by side. The 707 is about 2 weeks ahead of the OD, but they don't look totally dissimilar. Here is the 707 Headband, which is a Sour Diesel x OG Kush cross.

gallery_2521_2495_1030094.jpg

Original Diesel (Chem 91 x Mass. Superskunk) on the left, 707 Headband on the right.

gallery_2521_2495_601169.jpg

And the OD on her own. She will need an up-potting in the next day or two.

gallery_2521_2495_1404964.jpg

Some others are in there as well but I have been trying to upload these photos all day and am just glad the server was up and running long enough for me to post this, lol. More photos to come.

wow, you got some mighty excellent strains running, soopy ... very impressive :)

gotta love this outstanding jedi-male. i would have kept a clone of him for sure.