•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
thor

soil vs. hydro

I have found with growing any plants you can make it as hard you want it to be and the plant we grow is a ..............weed ;)

Ain't that the truth! :j

Peace...wpw

I'll post up some pix later once the girls light comes on.

thanks I would like to see them and ask some questions

I do run a 100% perlite and there is no difference imo.

am sure you are right I did fifty/fifty as i did not have enough of perlite for one plant

and 100 % vermiculite could be a problem

I used to be by the book guy

whatever works eh?

With the 5 gallon buckets I am to use plant supports (round with the screen built in) and scrog the plants maximizing my light foot print.

nice I have seen a couple of different ways I would love to see your way

move the plants around

I grow in pots outside :) I am so into being able to move my plants

thanks for the info

Ain't that the truth!

well being a weed could be a point of view ;)

good to see you W'

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

4 plants........8 days into flower kush variety...scrog hempys gallery_5621_2585_886950.jpg

You can see the green rings in this photo

If you still confused I can find a web pic without plant but got em at Home Depot for like $3.00

gallery_5621_2585_2919994.jpg

Here's a little better shot

gallery_5621_2585_27278.jpg

And the tent with Sannies gear in it. My first purchase from Sannies, have some seeds in the waiting but some jacberry, herijuana, and killing feilds up front,

I start in the papertowel methos, go to rockwool, then the solo cups, then the 2 quart containers, then 5 gallons with screens.

I don't have any in full bloom right now, but you get the idea, with 2 600's I just basically pull a nice harvest a mth.

Questions, or need better pix let me know, I know these aren't the best, but i hate uploading pix...for some reason it is taking forever

thanks for the look, the photos work for me :)

thanks for taken the time to up them

I use a plant cage like that for my tomatoes

I am going to just use some 4 foot fiberglass stakes I pickup at a tack sale

my problem was my plant was too big for the small pot

gallery_164_1217_37046.jpg

gallery_164_1217_27020.jpg

they grew like rockets I will do it again for sure

thanks for the update

all the best and be well

Dequelo

well i knew pretty much that you could get killer results out of both.i was just mainly thinking of my cousin who has that bad hepatitis and the dro they have been getting was not really helping her that much,just the like one post said just grown and cured quick for the dollar.although i have faith in my ability to grow some fairly decent smoke i wanted to have all of you to back me up in case i could not get the message across.since i turned my cousin on to some of the extrema that i had curing i can really tell a difference in her,seems to be really helping alot more than the commercial dro.i always have a little extra and i am glad to share it with her and try and get her old man into not throwing so much money away when it is not doing the job.thanks all

well i knew pretty much that you could get killer results out of both

in the end it all about what works for you that is what will give you good results

all the best in your search and if I can ever be a help

please feel free to ask :)

be safe and be well

Dequelo

Id love to see this topic be done with once and for all and see an outstanding soil and hydro gardener run the same cut and cure conditions. Label samples and blind smoke test 10 people. I dont really dabble in soil anymore love to see this done and the bigger crossection of people asked the more exact answer. I grow in hydro for speed it gets me where I need to go faster and with the right cuts taste has never really been an issue for me. If someone wants to do this it would be great it would just be important to blind smoke test many people and try and make it their first smoke of the day the soil oneday and hydro another so the person testing can appreciate the full appeal of the smoke grown in soil and the smoke grown in hydro. A full night on the soil cut and full night on the hydrocut wud be even better lol :yummy:

Urban Oasis

with the right cuts taste has never really been an issue for me

I hear you there I grow in soil but I grow for the head not the taste

I grew a weed call Wakeford back in a day it had a taste like silly putty

but a stone that was like you had been kicked by a mule

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

experienced growers can get the exact same results out of both in the end, with hydro providing faster results.

piss poor drying methods used by cash croppers gives hydro a bad rap for taste.

I have to agree with this quote also its just a personal assumption so hopefully it doesnt offend any fellow hydro growers out there ..hehe im gonna run with that logic anyway because its not often a hydro grower gets sympathy because of the speed of growth, medium and often method :yummy:

@ Dequelo the longer I grow I will admit I really love to see great soil grows. I like to eat reasonably well I shop round for what I buy. I notice what goes into the meat and veg I eat makes a difference in the finished product. To me its logical soil would eventually edge hydro out in the taste department.

I guess if your cropping hydro and taste is an issue its overferted and or not flushed right, coupled with a nasty cure yeah I have sampled some road tar from others in my time. If a grower is just learning fair enough but if they just dont care they are really screwing themselves down the line to be honest. A good cure really brings out smells.

Urban Oasis