•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Jane Doe

How to upload multiple images (bulk upload)

With the new version of the forum software came some changes in the way some tasks have to be done or where to find some functionality. The most anoying one was to find how to upload more than one image at the same time in the gallery. It IS there, but it's somewhat hidden. That's why i wrote this tutorial.

The first part is for the people new to the forum. All others will find the answer in step 6.

So in text, with images and big red circles and stuff, here it comes:

1: Go to your gallery via the link in the pop-up window which appears if you click your name in the right hand corner under the page header.

gallery_1997_2572_30315.jpg

2: In the Gallery select an album to which you want to add the photo's. By clicking on the album you open it.

gallery_1997_2572_10931.jpg

3: In the above right hand corner you'll click the upload button....

gallery_1997_2572_38214.jpg

4: In the bottom left hand corner you'll find a box with the button 'bladeren' next to it (still have to translate these things....). This will let you select ONE image you want to upload from your computer.

gallery_1997_2572_26286.jpg

5: Once you have selected the image click the 'upload' button to the right. This will place the image in a qeue waiting for the final upload command.

gallery_1997_2572_34948.jpg

6: For more images repeat step 4 and 5! You will find thumbnails for the images waiting for upload just above the 'bladeren' and 'upload' buttons. When you've selected the images you wanted to upload you can click the button 'Review & Publish' on the bottom right hand corner. The images will now be uploaded to your album.

gallery_1997_2572_6651.jpg

7: If you want to upload the images to a new or other album, use the buttons you'll find by the selected album.

gallery_1997_2572_62552.jpg

8: If you want to use an image from your album select the image and then click the 'Options' button on the top right corner.

9: Click the bottom link 'Share links'

gallery_1997_2572_40192.jpg

10: In the pop-up window which will appear copy the third URL called 'Image link'

gallery_1997_2572_24386.jpg

11: When you write your post or reply look for the button with the tree on it in the toolbar above your edit window.

gallery_1997_2572_20492.jpg

12: Now paste the copied URL in the box and click 'OK' and the image will appear in your editing window and in your posting.

gallery_1997_2572_10209.jpg

That's all folks!! :wave:

• Like 15

Thank you Jane Doe

for taking the trouble of helping us all navagate around the new forum :comp:

but i have a question for ya?

how can i post multiple pictures in a reply or thread

every time i try it is just wipes out all what i have written in the reply screen

grtz carper

I tried all ways you said in the other thread Whazzup, and I still havent been able to upload more than one pic at a time. Ive tried the shift key, control, etc. while trying to highlight, nothing happens except they either get deleted or just disapper..Takes forever for me to post a thread or new one currently

Really NOT a bulk upload.

Can we improve this please....as 20 odd pictures takes FOREVER and EVER.

Sorry guys unless i'm missing something theres no pics uploaded till system improved I simply don't have 20mins to que review and upload stuff.

Grtz HillCrest

• Like 1

This work for all of us Hillcrest ! If you have failed the Lush seeds simply tell that, not bashing... :thumbsdown:

Nothing failed. If you wasn't so impatient and read the lush thread you'd see.

Uploading one at a time is pain full as not possible to hi light all.

As for bashing.... I am simply stating Fact,

Grtz hillcrest

One at time ? you need read better the topic that cool people have did...

I can upload more than 5 pics at a time, i don't try more but i'm sure it's possible.

Look in the step 6 from info, you have 3 pics uploaded shown. ;)

Greets

One at time ? you need read better the topic that cool people have did...

I can upload more than 5 pics at a time, i don't try more but i'm sure it's possible.

Look in the step 6 from info, you have 3 pics uploaded shown. ;)

Greets

Step 6............. UPLOADS it does NOT queue...the images shown have uploaded to the server.

The next step verifys you want to use it.......... IT IS ALREADY UPLOADED to the server. If you don't do the next ste0p the images are deleted

30 odd pics takes just under an hour. REALLY need to be able to highlight more than 1 image to upload.

I have helped as admin on many boards.......... this can be changed........ it should be a priviledge adjustment thing ;)

Grtz HillCrest.

Well, in a way you have true but personally, it don't take one hour for me upload 30 pics, maybe 10 minutes... with an pretty old PC.

Also i never upload 30 pics in one time... to make a good update 10 pics max, take me 5'.

I only resize my pics before uploading in 1024x768 as the old board did, i guess this new board can take more size but i don't know exactly what is the size restriction ???

If modos or admins can highlight me or change this as Hillcrest want... but for me it goes this way.

Peace Hillcrest :innocent:

I only resize my pics before uploading in 1024x768 as the old board did, i guess this new board can take more size but i don't

Peace Hillcrest :innocent:

To be fair mate if I took lower res images I'm sure it WOULD be alot quicker. If the priviledges are not changed I will consider resizing before uploading ;)

To be fair mate if I took lower res images I'm sure it WOULD be alot quicker. If the priviledges are not changed I will consider resizing before uploading ;)

You can use ACDSee to resize pics, it's free for testing 30 days. Or you have many torrents available on google...

Uploaded on their site i prefer the pro version but other is pretty the same only colors have changed and it's a bit more easy to use. You have already 1024x768 size automatically and you can record an OPG size for vertical pics 768x1024. It's easy !

Greetings

Screw that...I aint resizing shit! I can barely friggin take the pics, but im in Hillcrests shoes...It just took me over an hour to upload 5 pics then post em in a thread. I showered and drank 2 cups of coffee in the time it took to uppload 5 pics....I was slow before, you guys may never see another plant of mine if this shit cant be fixed!

Screw that...I aint resizing shit! I can barely friggin take the pics, but im in Hillcrests shoes...It just took me over an hour to upload 5 pics then post em in a thread. I showered and drank 2 cups of coffee in the time it took to uppload 5 pics....I was slow before, you guys may never see another plant of mine if this shit cant be fixed!

You win really much times with ACDSee resizing before uploading Indican and pics are better quality too cause software pics low resolution also. On the old board it did this, test it !

What is the size restriction for resizing pics on this new board ? please ?

Thanks per advance...

I uploaded 13 pics yesterday of 2.5 to 4.5mb. Took me about 17 mins, in amongst doing other things.

I even like stoned wang, forgot to publish the first 8 and started again.

I think for the amount of pics any member might want to up, its okay as it is.

Multiple uploads for all users is a setting...I had a screen shot of where it was, but didn't save it, and forgot to bookmark the link.

It does work like whaz said, but only if the box is ticked in the forum config screen.

That setting is not enabled, so it doesn't work for the rest of us.

Also, I read that there some issues with certain custom themes that makes it disappear even if it's enabled under the forum's configeration panel.

I have a 50mbit connection - currently, when using "tor", it still takes about 5 minutes a picture.

It's ALWAYS taken forever though - with multi-uploads, at least I can actually grow some weed TO TAKE PICTURES OF, while the shit uploads in the background.

Just give me r00t, I'll turn it on.

You won't even need to change your password - as soon as I puff away, I'll forget that I even WAS an admin.

Clepter: Oh look, multiple uploads works now - they finally fixed it.

Ugh... still can´t bulk or multi upload anything... :-(

I have Safari as browser, but I don't see the upload button Whazzup shows in step 1 in his 'how-to'.

Only when i'm in an already existing album, and even there I can select only one picture at the time. I have to wait for it to be uploaded, after that I can select the 2nd picture.

Could the browser be the problem?

Could the browser be the problem?

I do not see it in opera :( but my uploads on this dial-up connection appear to be working pretty

quickly so I can't complain

could be that I am drug , so who know

Multiple uploads for all users is a setting

maybe time to RTFM

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

I had a small problem uploading yesterday.... it did seem to take forever per picture... probably about 3 minutes per picture

my size may have been the problem, but i could not figure out how to select more than one picture at a time to upload