Vlaanders

250w hps micro grow

Hello all, this is my first growreport here and my setup is the following:

*secret jardin DR120W

*250W HPS

*500m³ softbox

*Gtools temperature and fancontroller

*Sonoconnect for less noise

and 3 female seeds, i accidently killed 1 who apeard to be not unpopping.

I planted 2x Chocolate Berry and 2x ShackZilla, but cant remember wich strain was on the right side and wich on the left :P

Anyhow here are some pictures! Btw, did i put the green-yellow wire good under that screw on the VSA? Just checking, i couldnt see something else where it should belong so i was pretty sure about it.

gallery_2202_2598_5369.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_43346.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_33924.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_79740.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_80002.jpg

They are still under 24houres of light, thats till tomorow or the day after for 18/6.

How long should i keep them growing? Its a prety large area for 3 plants i think no? The plan was to make a scrog or halfpipe scrog

Thats about it for today, another update next week!

Greetings

That is a nice start, Vlaanders!

I would say to grow them long enough to be able to take cuttings from them & then give em another week or 2 before flower. I can't give you a specific time on how long to veg.

Your cuts should be rooted by then & they will be able to be scrogged well.

I always found that my vegging plants would stretch more when under an 18/6 lighting period. I pretty much kept my veg @ 23/1or 20/4.

My veg boxes had some serious vertical constraints so i tried to keep my veggers short & bushy.

Peace...wpw

Thx fuzz

Thx wpw well, there stretching a little bit atm because i'm afraid too put the lamp closer when there so small, if somebody could tell me when they can handle the 20cm lamp too plant that would be welcome :) atm there at 55cm away from the hps. Also forgot too put a fan inside, so they get strong, they look a little bit fragile now ^^ but growing very well!

I believe u make a point that they wont stretch that much when giving them more light, and that's probably because they grow and drink the most at the dark period, i'm switching too 18/6 tomorrow

Anyhow, everything going well in here!

Nice for a micro grow ! wish you all the best dude and welcome on board... Will see what the fem will do ? :rolleyes:

Have you put the blue cord from 220 on the F domino, or brown on F and blue on N ???

You must put one F one N for 220V & the yellow/green goes on the ballast at the down left screw as you said.

Lamp on LR and LF. that's all ! :)

Hey hiwatt, that is correct :)! tyvm

Hey roodni, already heard of it before, never tested it, i'm still worried the space is too big for 3, for scrog or lst i probably should veg for 3-4 weeks, pretty long since they will bloom for about 11 weeks.

This is day 5 (today)

gallery_2202_2598_29080.jpg

Good evening all

Olla Olla Vlaanders... Welcome back on trake m8!!! Look's good,, take it down low for a cople of weeks. ;)

All the best,,i'm inn to thisone! take care...

Cerio Leo :smoke

Hey leo, tyvm mate!

I just took some pictures but will update later, would be nice too let you guys see how fast there growing the past couple of days :)

Past sunday they got 500ml in total Ph 6.0 with 1,5/5 ml grow nutrients since there on coco's with a little bit of standard soil mixed trough, i noticed at the last update they where coloring more light-green, and that payed off pretty good i must say, since then there growing allot faster and showing more color :)

Tomorrow 200ml each, and the day after i will update and re-pot them into there 20L pots with special mix gold label soil, hope that aint too soon for heavy soil? There 10 days old today.

Also might not feed them tomorrow, i don't want any problems with too much neutrients, might buy myself a EC meter soon!

Greetings :spliff:

just wana come back on this hiwatt,

You must put one F one N for 220V & the yellow/green goes on the ballast at the down left screw as you said.

Lamp on LR and LF. that's all ! :)

Today i noticed the lamp is on LR and LA, i'm sure it must be right this way ;) just checking ^^

Ty silver surfer ;)

29 november (day 10)

gallery_2202_2598_150748.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_23859.jpg

Today, day 12 of grow cyclus (10 too 14 too go...)

HPS not warm yet:

gallery_2202_2598_802.jpg

I think i have 2 shackzilla's and 1 chocolope, the shackzilla's i had outdoor were very similar too this plant:

gallery_2202_2598_874.jpg

The other shackzilla (if i'm right :P)

gallery_2202_2598_15895.jpg

And the left side plant which i think is chocolate berry

There having a bit too worm i think, leaves curling up, temperature is 20°C lamps out and 26-27 max lamps on, changing too 26 max, 25.5 in average

also need to buy myself a clipon fan fast, will make a big change

Potting them tomorrow, topping them later this week (the 2 big ones)

Greetings :dope:

Hey DJP nice too see u 2! Sup? Still growing éh ^^?

Day 18 of growth

Need to find me something to blow away the warm air under the lamp, dont want any more fans with an adapter, they always fail after a while... Got a 2000w thing on them now :/ not cheap in electricity!

Anyhow, pictures, i topped them 2 days ago and the small one today. My soil is still drying out after using black/white foil over the pots... Hate that, the water just drips trough if it gets too the sides -.-

gallery_2202_2598_65283.jpg

left plant probably shackzilla, the others are too bushy for shackzilla i think.

gallery_2202_2598_123740.jpg

middle plant

gallery_2202_2598_107755.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_157204.jpg

So thats it again, next update when switching too 12/12... Might check my tent for any light leaks this week... Don't want shemales!

I think about 6 days till switch? They both grow prety long after 12/12, no?

Grts :spliff:

Yo Vlaanders! Good to see you in the micro-section ;)

Did you look for a clip-on fan?

What kind of soil did you use when transplanting the one on the left? Make sure you keep an eye on the nutes if it's already (heavy) fed.

Haven't grown Shackzilla, but from i've read she tends to grow for 3-4 weeks after the flip. I guess with some bending you can tame these girls ;)

Good luck!

Hey BF,

yea i did but i cant find em near by in a store, so i have to order it, an opportunity too buy myself an EC meter too...

There all in the same soil, gold label special mix since a day or 4... if ur worried about the yellow dots on the first leaves, those were there since they stood in cocoso + normal soil, i gave em a littlebit of nutes extra in that time, the yellow dots appeard few days later but they didnt grow larger or appeard in other leaves, since there in the special mix they show more dark green color, i just give em clean water ph 6.0

pictures dont show the color good, because of the hps bulb, nexr time ille put them out of the darkroom for pictures ;)

I've grown them outdoors this year so i know how to handle them ^^ i hope the choclate berrys will be able to keep up :P still not sure witch is witch, if the smaller plant gives more indica like leaves than there both chocolate berry's! Would be nice since the shackzilla's have such a grow potential to keep up with 2 plants maybe :P

tyvm! You too!

edit:

now i see why u think the left has other soil ^^ i had too make a top layer from normal soil because the pots are 20L each and i only had 50L of special mix ^^

I think it would be wise to cover the soil, the top layer gets to dry to absorb water. Or do you use a wetting agent like Yucca? If not, let the black/white foil on the soil until the leafs cover most of the area.

How much water do you give them?

Edit: Maybe a DIY market sells small fans?

Yea ur right bout that, i give them about 300ml every 3 days at the moment, i always stick my finger in the soil to check if it feels dry or still wet... Special mix advises about 250ml/10 liters of soil, but since there still small plants i give them abit less than that for now..

DIY? never heard of

hey Vlaanders,

you said

dont want any more fans with an adapter, they always fail after a while...

are you talking about 12VDC fans on a 220VAC/12VDC power supply?

I'm using 12VDC 12cm fans on universal power supplies, they are cheap, quiet, the most powerfull of them are 8W only, and they never fail... and this is possible to adjust the speed, turning the power supply to 9V or 7,5V...

pictures dont show the color good, because of the hps bulb, nexr time ille put them out of the darkroom for pictures ;)

sometimes it is possible to adjust the colors directly on the camera, with a white sheet as reference, maybe your camear can do it?

Getting a cliponfan and ec meter next weekend, that will solve the remaining "issues" ^^

@silver surfer i used computerfans with a 3-speedswitch on a nokia adapter of 12v i think... Or 9V dont rly remember, but they all died on me, 2 adapters and 4 fans so not considering using those again :P

i will check on the camera, its just a pocket-camera or how do u call those in english :P 12 or 14mp dont think its HD yet, i should check but i dont think it has something like that, i can adjust the flash and macro stuff, also some extra settings witch i cant really remember..

Anyhow temperature is completely under control now, just takes me 18hr's a day extra electricity unfortunately for now...

Today is switch-date, they will get only 12hrs of light since today ^^

Its gonna be a challenge since they will grow on for 3 weeks or more...

Some pictures after 22days of growth (today):

gallery_2202_2598_37462.jpg

Now, am i right saying the left plant is shackzilla and the right 2 chocolate berry? I never grown chocolate berry and couldnt rly find a good example too compare them..

Strain wich i think shackzilla

gallery_2202_2598_12337.jpg

And the one wich i think is chocolate berry (middle plant)

gallery_2202_2598_117691.jpg

Leaves dont look "perfect" due to warmth i guesse (28°C light on, 21°C light out), but they look very healthy anyhow! ^^

gREETINGS :spliff:

Hello everybody, today is day 3 or 4 on 12 houres of light and my Ec meter + clipon fan arrived today!

Just wondering, u have too messure the drain that comes from the pots, right? And what are good values too keep? I'm not using it yet, that would be abit too soon i think for extra nuts.. Anyhow i'm gona try to test this thing out :P

New pictures soon, i accidently broke the headbud of the bigest plant, makes it even big as the others now ^^ tried too bend her down but she just died on me lol... Never seen that before, ille have to be more carefull next time, i guesse i cracked her abit while bending...

Never measured EC Vlaanders, can't help you out with that one.

Big difference with the clipon fan?

Hey bf!

Yea bro, very big difference, controller stays on 30% now, without it has too be 50-60% with room temperature of 20°C and 26 in the growroom.

Anyhow, some pictures of day 5 12/12

gallery_2202_2598_96965.jpg

shackzilla?

gallery_2202_2598_140602.jpg

chocolate berrys?

gallery_2202_2598_93914.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_19792.jpg

Day 8 12/12 (yesterday)

gallery_2202_2598_143426.jpg

Same order

gallery_2202_2598_71877.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_152332.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_160073.jpg

gallery_2202_2598_22924.jpg

As you guys can see theres still some space, should i start bending them soon or something? I'm not quite sure what to do, they seem to grow wide themselves, specially the left plant wich i think is shackzilla.

Peace :dope: