•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

hupla

xmass edition POTM december

Ola!!

This month we will have a xmass contest.

I will open a poll right after x mass to get a winner to join the PIC OF THE YEAR contest.

All winners of this year will be added to a downloadable calender or something :)

GET THOSE XMASS BUDS IN!!

Prices will be up soon :) (i heard some breeders are pulling up some great prices!)

greets,

Hup

Hup

are the breeder able to vote as well?, I only ask becuase of the white stick syndrome hahahah!

all the best

inkog :innocent:

looks like its done me faver not being able to post pictures yet

going to keep them for the christmas poll......stay tuned :dribble:

grtz carper

I'll sling this in for the christmas mix. It has been tonemapped to bring out the colours and definition and is a NYCD gifted seed.

gallery_2091_1182_670670.jpg

Greats jwf, very beautifull picture.

for this month, degraded of automn Super Thai x Skunk, good contest all

gallery_3160_1971_340324.png

gallery_4056_2628_938730.png

This is my first grow. Being waiting for my buds to get big enough to enter the POTM. It is the Hericules strain from Sannie.

GET THOSE XMASS BUDS IN!!

Prices will be up soon :) (i heard some breeders are pulling up some great prices!)

Assuming 'Prices' = Prizes ;)

Or the global financial crisis effecting the price of seeds now lol

Grtz

HillCrest :P

Kolossus - no need for photo color tricks.

gallery_3695_2629_114485.jpg

Theres no need for 'photo color [uSA spelling] tricks' here either rev. Just experimenting with canna photography to see what is possible. Thats why l specifically stated how Ive processed the picture. Wishing you the best for your grows and an enjoyable xmas.

Regards

jwf

well, I know my bud is mediocre but I can make it look much more appealing in 2 seconds using something like GIMP.

here

gallery_3695_2629_369075.jpg

Your buds not mediocre Rev, I like it. Looks mega crystally and certainley the best entry so far. I do like the highly saturated ladybird bud though.. I just dont appreciate people saying 'tricks' are involved. That would imply deceit. If it irks you that much I`ll remove it. Or as you say you can always pimp yours up with a bit of gimp. No deceit intended which is why I clearly stated how it was processed.

Regards

jwf

I really didn't mean it as saying you being deceitful, as you mentioned it in the pic post. I don't think you should take it down just because you actually said something, but I do think (and this is just my opinion) enhancing a picture artificially should be against the rules and that's not just you, there are many pics posted in pasted POTM's that have been doctored and nothing said of it. There isn't a rule against it, so hard to enforce something that doesn't exist. Let's face it, green nugs don't get much notice around here :)

Peace

Rev

tonemapping rules, so does HDR photography in general and personally i woudn't consider it a "trick" nor a "cheat". It's just art, that's all.

It also has a lot to do with the camera. I am using an expensive photography camera by canon. It has a setting for flowers which brings out the color a little more. With cameras you get you get what you pay for.... as with buying bud.

The bud above is my experimental bud. I haven't posted my experiment yet, but this is as good as time as any.

As you guys know Trichomes (crystals or tiny hairs) protect plants from UV rays, insects, and environmental factors such as low humidity. And with bud the more the merrier. Not that I am an expert on this stuff, but I did a lot of research before growing. We all want more stickier and frostier plants and there a lot of ways of doing this such as starving the plants of water (soil based),lowering the humidity and giving them certain nutrients. I am not sure if these procedure work, again this is what I have read. Now you can do certain things to a plant to make the plant grow faster and bigger, and create more buds and this can be achieved with some sort of stress whether its LST, topping, or ect. So that got me thinking. What if you can stress the trichomes (crystal or hairs) to produce more. About two weeks ago I picked one bud from my plants and decided to do an experiment to stress the trichomes out to produce more. I took a clean razor blade and gently started scraping the leaves of the bud that where forming trichomes essentially scraping them off. The trichomes grew back and it seemed like they were more trichomes than previous. So now I am doing another bud and I am taking before and after pictures to document this. However, I am about to harvest in a week or two so my window of opportunity may have passed so I might not get the same results before I have to harvest. Also it could be my potion of molasses, salt, Fox Farm Cha Ching, and Grow Big that I have given my plants. But, of course my experimental bud is my frostiest. Anyway I thought you guys might find this interesting. I will posting my other bud experiment in a couple of weeks so look out for it.

Digital photography IS the future. Touch ups... air brush, toning... any kind of alteration to a photograph is standard now across the photographic industry.

To be honest...... if you aint going to touch it up a little then it's pointless moving to digital.

Nice to see folks declaring that they have touched it up alittle though, instead of NOT mentioning :)

Good luck folks with the POTM (think I'll wait awhile before posting my entry :D )

I'll throw some extra beans into the mix for the prize. ;)

Grtz HillCrest :P

a shot of a plant I have been growing cuts of for the last couple of years

gallery_164_2593_68749.jpg

gallery_164_2593_2626.jpg

this is the mother plant that I grew out under a 600 watt light as a single plant grow this spring

she finished in june 2011 and did 578 grams dried and cured

she is a Jackberry x Blue Kronic male from seeds crossed to a GDP cut both gifted by a couple of kind members

thanks again Guys ;)

I just love the way this cross grows the more I grow it the more I love it :)

not retouch and shot under a HPS light

some great looking buds folks thanks for the look at your work

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

I will vote in all honesty. A nice pic is a nice pic, whatever the strain is, from whoever it comes.

I wont vote on u, because u grow my strains. clear? okay, great.

I keep my promise.

The top 3 gets rewarded as equals.

These people can speak straight to me and request.

Xmass = partytime.

Grdz e$ko,

Hello, I have not seen any rules stating that it was forbidden to touch up the picture slightly.

And I find that I'm not alone either, for me mine was just a passage with hdr cs5.

I can play with if you prefer the original pics, whatever.

I joined following the opinion of betatester and hillcrest.

Edit : If the first is validated, thank you delete this post useless.

cordially

gallery_3160_1971_3031906.jpg