•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

growhi

strongest sativa/favourite sativa you have ever experienced ?

Hazes from MNS, incense SSH pheno is crispy clear high as heck.

Love Potion is awesome sunny high weed.

Extrema is badass too. will lay newb flat.

and some unnamed outdoor weed from around here, heart thumbing shit.

It seems that my favorite sativas are usually the ones I grew a few months back, but I'm completely out, as of now.

In 1969 tru 1972 I had Panama Red & Acapoco Gold which was a new seedless experence after being used to brown brick Mex.

In 1973 in Okinawa we had Thai sticks 7" x 1/2" brown on bamboo with hemp strands. Some said it had poppy juice on it but I do not think so. It was mostly tripping in the head to me. In the 1980s in cali there was what they called Mendicino Greeno big 24" colas sweet & skunky. In the 1990s in the great white North I had my first indoor grown white strains, one time after being dry for a few months my friends made me smoke too much and for the first time in my life i felt like I ODed and spent 3 hours laying on my back on the floor tripping like the room was spinning and I was floating.

My father always speaks about Panama Red, Acapoco Gold, and Thai Sticks when he was younger, wish I could get my hand on some of those seeds ^_^.

The most potent strain i've tried was(I know it isnt sativa) Skunk Special, it was way too intense. I felt like I took shrooms and I never seen such vivid colors in my life.

Sativa? WTF is this sativa you speak of? Just kidding!!!! Man, I remember 87-88 time frame, the Panama Reds and shit were FIRE! Red chunky buds that Ive never seen since. I dont kknow if I have a favorite weed to smoke. Ive got preferences in growing, but as far as smoking, my tastes change as much as the time on a clock. Variety is my spice of life! Oh, that reminds me of sweet tooth! Dammit, I could type here all day...

Sugar Punch is the real deal sativa cross, and Selene is probably top 3 in my all time favorite smoke. I saw someone at the beginning of this thread asked about a pure mexican haze...I think e$ko would be the man to ask about that....

My father always speaks about Panama Red, Acapoco Gold, and Thai Sticks when he was younger, wish I could get my hand on some of those seeds ^_^.

The most potent strain i've tried was(I know it isnt sativa) Skunk Special, it was way too intense. I felt like I took shrooms and I never seen such vivid colors in my life.

Dude, go to Hupla and Useless (Fusion Seeds) if you want some Thai! Im sure they got a bean or 2 of it. Im POSITIVE actually! ;)

Heya Indican,want to ask you are you know what Hupla and Useless do recently?I am interested in Lemon Thai long time now but i dont see this strain in shop.

Greets,DJ

Guest UfoDisclosure

For me, the best smoke is always the purest sativa.

Then come the purest indicas

Then those delibilitating/paralyzing hybrids

For example

-Hawaiian Snow is FAN-TAS-TIC in terms of effects. Very motivating and no parano. just energizing. No trace of indica whatsoever in its effect. The smoke is particular though, very incense and spicy, very oriental in defitive

-Amnesia Haze from Soma is the best smoke/taste/effect you can think of. I don't know the real lineage but the effect is really energizing and clear and the taste is so refined.

Those are the 2 I like the most among all the sativas I've smoked.

Now for the strains I didn't like, all the too intense hazes like Neville's Haze, and most skunk hybrids (yeah I know..)

-Lemon Skunk is not fun to smoke, really induces parano

-Pineapple Chunk is the same, but 10 times stronger. Hardcore weed. wayy too strong for me.

Lemon Thai is listed in Fusion Seed like Indican said but it is out of stock. I read in a thread that it will be back in stock at some point.

Thanx Barney,cant wait to have them in Sannies shop.

i'm a grower near the equator, we get 12:30-11:30 year round, so i veg most of my seeds indoor for 1-4 weeks (strain dependent) and then shove em outside for some intensely lit flowering. my local indian landrace seeds though...they start straight outside, i can plant them whenever, and if left untopped they grow for a good month (3-4 feet or more) before starting to flower. if i plant them after february and before july, i can expect an 8-12 month growing season. if planted in feb i'll wind up with bloody massive bush-like trees 3-4 metres in height (after repeated topping and supercropping) and 6-7 feet in diameter. it is all strain dependent, and there are some that do flower sooner after germination or faster, but it's not very common. the best phenos come from the plants that take 18-20 or more weeks to flower, i say or more because there was a beautiful one i grew once that flowered for 4 months before i saw the first amber trichs, and 5 months before i cut it at 50/50. i did find a beautiful pheno that only took 14 weeks to flower (ridiculously short by local standards, being located between 8-14 latitude), i planted it last august and it started blooming with vigour unusually early, by around mid september, and finished unusually quickly, around new years. yield was pathetic for a plant that was 5.5 ft in height, i believe it was hardly 3 oz (and we are used to getting 300+ grams dry off of a plant sewn after july, and farmers i know have grown plants that have yielded over a kilo, dry (although the pot wasn't really good, in taste smell or potency) but my personal record is 800 grams off of a plant i started last may, it just finished about a week and a half ago, i weighed her in yesterday and it was about 788 grams trimmed. the high from these landrace sativas is, to be frank, nothing like the so called 'sativas' in the growing scene. these are REAL DEAL sativas, they cannot be grown indoors, as the light will never be enough to penetrate a massive bush, or if untrained, a 12.5 foot tall christmas tree. these offer a very VERY functional high, really clears your head out, de-stresses, relaxes, and then goes into a functional mode like i mentioned. whereby you're high but you don't bloody realize it. until you start sobering down a bit. it's just beautiful. no other weed apart from my indian landraces have made me, for a respectable amount of time, completely oblivious and forgetful of the fact that i'm high. several friends disagree and says that happens with several strains for them, it's my personal opinion though, just my .02

wait i have a few more cents worth, i forgot to mention - the SMELL. oh heavens i've purchased strains from mandala, they smell beautifully aromatic (some of them, others are scentless, and most are relatively less potent than what floats around the market) and they always fail to capture the scent i love in indian weed. most south indian plants tend to one of two types of strong smells. one is the raw mango scent, unbelievably sour smelling and tastes of a not quite ripe fruit with a beautiful aftertaste, or unbelievably spicy, tasting like a (spiced mango??), equally amazing, although i prefer the former. the other tendency is that very very distinguishable sandalwood scent. sandalwood and a bit of...the marijuana smell i guess, can't word it right. more often than not, the sandalwood phenos have a denser bud structure (still fucking airy because of our native humidity) and are earlier finishing (by a month or two). they are also not great yielders and are a bit harder to come across. buds are generally coated with hairs, although the calyxes aren't quite as large. the more common phenos are the spicy mango and sour mango. both are just ridiculously green, like florescent green, parrot green...many orange/amber hairs, but a lot smaller hairs/pistils than sandalwood phenos and the hairs really don't catch your eye's attention against the bright green mango phenos. the sandalwood phenos, on the other hand, look more orange than green, as the hairs are completely covering the buds. the buds have an equally lush green colour. the high is a little more lazy when smoking the sandalwood pheno, but the mango phenos are absolutely energy filled. im a bigger fan of the mango phenos personally, partially because they're a lot easier to get a hold of and therefore, find a good pheno. you can identify which is which from the time the plant's got a few nodes, gently pinch and rub the stem; the mango phenos will smell like raw mango, and the sandalwood phenos will smell sweet, that's the only word i can come up with, you'll smell it and in big block letters, S-W-E-E-T will be floating across your brain. i have a 4.5 ft sandalwood pheno growing, it was planted in oct, started flowering in nov, so it's been about 10 weeks, i'll probably give her another 4-5 weeks, pistils are already half brown, normally something which occurs across the plant in a matter of a couple weeks.

Great Info Elchupacabra.

I see you are new here.gallery_1115_1138_107123.jpg

I was just about to mention here the Kerala weed that a scottish backpacker brought over in the 80's. In a wrapper of of the bombay tea company. It took a about five minutes to kick in, but then you got very happy, but also social and talkative.

Still one of the best I have ever smoked. It had a distinct spicey smell and taste. I grew the seeds that I found in them outdoors in holland, optimistic after three hot summers in a row. The plants all came out female and went hermie later on. the poor summer didn't give me much result. But I remember crazy amount of hair in the Kerala, it was brownish, might well have been orange.

Any chance of some pictures, Elchupa?

Did you make an album yet?

A mod might come soon and and ask you to introduce yourself in the proper topic,

But I don't mind you show them straight away!

these are REAL DEAL sativas, they cannot be grown indoors, as the light will never be enough to penetrate a massive bush, or if untrained, a 12.5 foot tall christmas tree.

Never say never, try me!

gallery_1115_723_226804.jpg

155 days from seed to finish, 120 days HPS and scrogging in halfpipe, last 95 days on 12/12

The Blue Hammers took me almost half a year

I love Sativa.

got it here we go

IMG 0256

here's one of my favorite landrace strains, i call her the virgin brahmin ;)

i can't take any responsibility for the breeding, it's an open pollinated

strain that's become pretty much an IBL, no real variation. everything

is tall, lanky, sraggly buds, low yield (in comparison per square metre)

but beautiful plants and up up up highs

IMG 1230

heres a landrace planted in october, started flowering in november,

finishes up sometime soon hopefully, i'm guessing middle-end feb,

it's been almost 12 weeks now...

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Those are some lengthy flowering times your telling us about.

Did you make an album yet?

A mod might come soon and and ask you to introduce yourself in the proper topic,

So let me welcome you to OpenGrow. We have an introduction forum where a new member can say hello to everyone and a little about themselves. I do hope that you will start a thread and show us more of your hobby.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Those are some lengthy flowering times your telling us about.

So let me welcome you to OpenGrow. We have an introduction forum where a new member can say hello to everyone and a little about themselves. I do hope that you will start a thread and show us more of your hobby.

thanks a lot, this site's users seem a lot more relaxed and much much less egoistic than the folks on RIU or grasscity. i'll have my own thread up shortly, i'm sowing my seeds this week and everything will start then : )

Hello and welcome Elchupacabra :)

If you do love sativa, i do love also and grow some. For nice landraces, see in the Underground Seed section of the forum or follow my profile, you'll find some (but not only on mine).

You are in the place with "so call" wise people- The truth is that we are all also tired of other forum flame and like to keep this place between gentlemen. Fight are only going at the Dawn with two witnesses, and a joint contest, the fastest the winner, or the looser the one who cough first ;P

Back in the late 70's/early 80's, we used to get a lot of Chocolate Thai, Vietnamese, Central/South America and African strains from sailors around the Naval base next to the town I grew up in. There was this one sailor that always had Oaxacan Highland... it was fantastic weed, with a great high and it was only $10 a lid!! It was a much needed break from the usual Mexican Redhair dirt-weed that was always around.

These days its a little difficult to find most of these strains that are still in their original pure form... but it's not impossible if you look hard enough.