•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

rhead

Delete your older albums

RHead I think if you will do some reading you are going to find that they can not be deleted. This topic has been discussed on numerous occasions. Eveytime it is the same answer . NO TO DELETING.

Unless something different has been added with this skin, and somehow I doubt that.

Yeah Rhead, like other said, it's impossible to get anything uploaded over OPG Gallery to be deleted.

Yeah, it's totally illegal, you're the lone to hold rights on your pictures, unless you SIGNED a PAPER mentioning that some pictures, including picture infos such as location, date, time are given to OPG, you should be able to delete your pictures.

Since it's a forum about "illegal" activities for most of the growers ...

Uploaded some, once wanted to delete, been told "no" the hard way, none of my pictures will hit the gallery anymore. Simple as it :D

You got lot of online hosting websites, that provides a link to delete your picture if you want it offline for any reason, just copy/paste those links in a text file, then, the day you wish to remove pictures, you can :)

Posting them over the forum is even easyer than from Gallery, so i advise every OPG user to avoid using OPG gallery, unless to upload a picture for the POTM poll :)

Best regards.

Jim

I find adding pictures is a way to give something back to the communitty. You get so much free stuff here, whats a few pics if it helps the newbs?? That was exactly how I taught myself to grow, going through galleries on a now defunct weed site.

A topic with photo not in the opg Gallery is a worthless topic in my eyes.

Nice to see a grow report or FAQ without photo`s (Delete).

You got lot of online hosting websites,

Those are so slow with loading.

/zODd

And what about when it represents a risk ?

And when it represents a risk, do you care more about yourself or about online growers ?

Showing pictures is nice, it's like passing the joint through the internet imho :)

But when you spot a policeman, maybe you'd prefer to walk away, than to hand him a joint while he hands you handcuffs ;)

I think peoples can be better judge about their own life, than the whole "internet" could ever be :)

That's why i uploaded pictures, but the day it became hot in my previous area, like cops every where, that you live in a house you just rant (and has some pictures on internet ..), and you by mistake show some pictures starring that place and weed, you'd maybe want it to be removed pretty fast :)

I now moved, it's no problem any more, but then, i was really pissed off at admins here, basically telling me "Come on, it's no big deal, you should have thought about it before posting, i won't remove your pictures", pretty cool guys !!!!! (I'm calm by nature, and that day, i was really pissed, felt like pregnant after being raped !! Peoples should maybe put more credit in other peoples life than in some stoopid "forum rule" .. lol)

So now, posting on random online hosting, the day i decide to remove, it's gone every where i pasted the link.

And yes, i do care more about myself than about online growers, no offense :)

Jim

To avoid pictures deleting is the only way to maintain sustainability of the contents of the forum over the year.

Whenthere is a risk, ask an admin and explain why, he will did it like he did for me when i had security issues with the new gallery Exifs.

Maybe it is in the chart, but maybe also it will be a nice idea to mention somewhere in a better place that deleting will be forbidden.

If posting a pic is dangerous to you, then it is a risk to even speak here for you. To expect others to clean up/deal with the fall out from some other persons foolishness is asking a lot.

If "you" cannot be a genuine part of the community I suggest maybe you should not. Not only is it potentially foolish for your security but in the end it weakens the forum by diminishing the content and that sorta angers a bit. It is incorrect to act as if the forum harms you when the actions seek to only takes away from the forum. I like the place as it is not about the person, but the knowledge and plants.

Personally if the picture is not posted in an album I won't open it up to check it out. How do I know what I am opening up? It might be worse than a can of worms.

I wish i could upload to my album

need help uploading photos please ask maybe we can help you :)

the day i decide to remove, it's gone every where i pasted the link

that is true but more then likely not from the host (photobucket , filicker , etc) as they do have

backups

but what you feel you need to do is what you need to do

if you posted a photo to your gallery that was self incriminating I believe an Admin here would do the right thing and delete it

I could be wrong :) as I have been in the past

I know I have been posting photos all over the web on pot forums for ten years now and it has yet to bite me in the ass

but I am sure some prick that wanted to prove a point could out me with a little effort as I have used the same handle

on every forum

but I will take the chance but that is by my choice

in the end we all need to make choices

all the best to you and be safe

Dequelo

EDIT after some thought I wanted to add this the above is just my two cents

and by no means is it to justify what and how OpenGrow is run

Sannie runs this site as he sees fit as it is his he foots the bill and gives us this place

I thank him for that

many of us here have posted together for many many years on many a forum

lots of us started on Over Grow and went to other places after the fall

some of us are in cached threads all over the web from back in those day as the web never forgets

or is ever really deleted

I for one am in a state where one plant or a hundred would buy me about the same time

in jail :(

but I post here because I want to as this is the only place I talk shop about growing

in the real world I don't tell,sell or smell

so if I don't talk about it here I don't talk it

all the best in your grows and be safe

Dequelo

Dequelo- My issue is different i know how to upload, and such i just cant due to my album being full. Just poking a little fun at the complainers

Heya,

After re-reading what i wrote i was maybe a bit mean in my words :)

I'm just expressing my opinion, not the best possible way, but still :)

@hempy : "I like the place as it is not about the person, but the knowledge and plants."

Yeah, but knowledge and plants exists because of persons holding them :) Remove the persons, no more plants, no more knowledge !

I deeply think private life is even more sacred than out loved plant :)

One should be always allowed to protect his privacy, the way he thinks it's best for him, that's what i meant to say :)

Jim

Hola everyone,

So now, posting on random online hosting, the day i decide to remove, it's gone every where i pasted the link.

Jim, if you really believe what you wrote you should NEVER post any picture on any site of the web. Have you ever heard of Google cache or archive.org ?

Check this link... I can tell you they are many sites like that...

Peace, Harvest and Safety for everybody. ;)

I'm just expressing my opinion, not the best possible way, but still

and that is a good thing :) because we are all in this together

After re-reading what i wrote i was maybe a bit mean in my words

Thank you for saying that because that is very important how we speak to one and other

it is not us against us it is us against them

Remove the persons, no more plants, no more knowledge !

but not the person as Hempy stated but you are correct with your statement persons which indeed is all of us

all the best my friend and be safe

Dequelo

Weedstiti you are correct nothing on the internet goes away and when you are using any network there is no expectation of privatize

sadly that is just how networks work in the end

peace and be well

But i don`t understand one thing.

This a public site so we already know the risk for uploading here (i did).

But i know for sure that when there is a real reason a admin will do the right thing, To procect some ones private life.

Just my 1,5 cent.

/zODd

But i know for sure that when there is a real reason a admin will do the right thing.

and they will ;)

Yeah, about those cache websites, funny too :)

They are all totally either "illegal" or "dumb" :)

Caching something make the one that cache that thing at least as guilty as the one hosting the stuff at first :)

OPG is "legal" as it's hosted in NL, run by some NL guys, i don't know what's the statement today, but seem it's still ok to sell seeds and to talk about weed unless it's about selling end product :)

Google is not. Google.fr for exemple is a french part of google. French law unallow to speak in good terms about cannabis (you're allowed to open a website against marijuana, no problem, but you go in jail if you open a weed grower forum ..), so if google.fr cache some pages of OPG that speaks in goodness about cannabis, they'd be next to me front of the juge :) (in fact they do, but what's cached cannot be used against you, as no one can say it hasn't been altered or modified somehow ..)

The case you own an account on a forum, upload pictures, get busted, they success to make a link between you/your-computer/the-website/the-photos, photos are owned by an user, if they succeed in finding clues about you beeing this user, they got clue about you spreading pictures about weed, so you make some sort of "good speaking" about cannabis, so it's one more charge :)

About free hosting websites, carefully read they rule of use.

Most of them disallow you to post canna related pictures. They should check and remove pictures. If not, they are the one "owning" the pictures, as long as you uploaded anonymously, and if you don't put any watermark on the pix, remove exif and other shit, there are a really few way to make a "legal" link between you/pictures.

Then again, if those pictures, that shouldn't be hosted at the image hoster, got cached by a 3rd party website, that himself is unallowed to carry weed related pictures, who's in charge ? I don't know.

And last but not the least, THE thing that may get them to you over internet (beside GPS info in EXIF, name of the owner of the photos in EXIF etc etc ..)is your IP. 3 simple solutions.

- Use a proxy (but proxy should log every connexion ie your ip / the website you visit for at least 2 years in europe .. don't know if it's not more in some country ..)

- Use a multi-layer hiding software, such as TOR, I2P, etc etc. Either you trust the programmers when they tell you "My software is superrrr secure, even aliens couldn't locate you" .. but i dont .. and got many proofs i'm right :D

- Go the VPN way, best is to rent some stand-alone servers in places that aint got no deal with your country to give them any infos if they ask. (and as weed is not terrorism, there are still places where you may want to host your server ..).

That being said, if you wish to get more in detail, MP :)

Jim - No one ever heard about Exp dates sat on file types in Apache vhosts config ? Disallowing bots in config is easy too .. so no more caching .. but no more refs in Google, no more visitors, as long as this website is some kind of "Show Room" to the shop .. it's better if it's cached .. but any website can easily be kept out of caching website .. it's up to the webmaster :)

And last but not the least, THE thing that may get them to you over internet (beside GPS info in EXIF, name of the owner of the photos in EXIF etc etc ..)is your IP. 3 simple solutions.

>apt-get install aircrack-ng 

is another solution... :P

Jim - No one ever heard about Exp dates sat on file types in Apache vhosts config ? Disallowing bots in config is easy too ..

Which directive are you talking about ? mod_expires ?

And for the robots.txt, c'mon they really don't care. Should use iptables against them but good luck finding all baidu's IP's !

But we're not talking weed anymore... :whistle:

Peace

But we're not talking weed anymore...

that we are not ;)

peace and stay safe

i wish i could delete old pictures,that way i would be able to free up space,to update my threads

that are in neglect now for 3 weeks

grtz carper :thumbsdown: