•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

So I just popped some of these freebies as well as my own kush hybrid cross. Bubba kush x original haze (reeferman), with these plants im just gonna let them grow out do an open pollination with my haze variant, mainly cause i want to add in some new kush variations to my library.

Any one who has grown them feel free to drop off some tips on the free kush.

well i figured id report back on the seeds, out of 5 seeds, 4 germed, 3 males (2 hermi males), 1 hermi female. The plants had a great structure but too many hermi issues to consider future breeding, the female was pulled too early for any type of smoke report

Sorry for your issues. Are you gonna try another project?

well i figured id report back on the seeds, out of 5 seeds, 4 germed, 3 males (2 hermi males), 1 hermi female. The plants had a great structure but too many hermi issues to consider future breeding, the female was pulled too early for any type of smoke report

You're previous post was on the 11th of December. How did you sprout and sex seeds in two weeks?

you have a point there, the midnight gardener ... but i too sometimes say

"i just popped ..." and they've been put into the medium for a week already.

u can't have an idea of what a strain is when u just pop 5 beans!!!when starting a real selection u go for 20seeds minimum i think!

freebees are kind of "gift" it's like lotery depending on the seeds u get!i've find beautiful phenotypes in two pack of freebees!

peace ya'all

Anyone with any new input on this cross? I have one lady going in 12/12 who seems somehow sativa-leaning in structure; bud shape so far looks golf-ball indica style. Weird, green, almost mentholly smell right now at 3 weeks.

Pretty much bet the herm is an enviromental issue and NOT Genetic. IMO

Esp0ecially showing show fast.

Grtz HillCrest:P

Ive got 2 that are on day 76 of flowering today. By looks alone im guessing im going to like it, enough that i even picked them again as my freebees with my latest order. Both look pretty much the same and are really purple and covered in crystals.

Edit: i found nanners on both of mine in the last probably 2 weeks. Im guessing its from almost being done though, and not herming on me.

Ive got 2 that are on day 76 of flowering today. By looks alone im guessing im going to like it, enough that i even picked them again as my freebees with my latest order. Both look pretty much the same and are really purple and covered in crystals.

Edit: i found nanners on both of mine in the last probably 2 weeks. Im guessing its from almost being done though, and not herming on me.

You are probably right. A lot of strains will hermie if left to flower for too long, and most strains can hermie with lots of stress.

Environment environment environment!

such pollen must not even be potent, most of the times it is not.

plus: in the last two weeks it is of no real concern, since seeds

need more than that to form out of such a pollination.

@mafia

11 weeks is a lot for a strain expected to be only a 7 to 8-weeker. there is your explana-

tion right there. well, enjoy your free kush, mate ... any chance you'll show her to us? ;)

I believe the pollen taken from flowering moms past their prime so they "then" hermi, as they make pollen to be used to make quality fems.

Just an update:

I, too, experienced 'nanners with this cross, though I believe,like others, it is attributed to her being almost done. I panicked and cut her down, haha. Heads are all cloudy with some amber, maybe 80/20 at best. She's drying now but test nuggets make her seem like a potential one-hitter quitter. Sad that by you all's accounts she may have had another 2 weeks to fill out. Oh well!

Her sister is at the middle of week 3, showing good initial calyx development and putting on a bit of a kushy funk. She looks like she is going to purple, but I am a novice and that is my intuition; haven't worked with a color-changing strain yet.

Peace!

@hempyfan

yea, soma writes about this technique in his book, but i think it is

only a way to cascade his real way of feminizing to the "masses".

@b.ver

enjoy your free kush, mate :) some nanners right on the end of flowering

is not a big deal, as long as you did not want to cross her into something

else. would love to see some pictures of the free kush plants. would you

be so kind to post a pic or two of your beauties?

ya this strain showed sex fast for me, i will say being that itvwas a freeby i didnt give it the same love i do for my known females and strains i purchased. so though to say what was the factor going into it hermying. however with the multiple reports of this happening i doubt it was environmental.

as far as projects go.... next up for me is kolossous, and my newly aquired arcata trainwreck cut!!!!!! i still am slightly doubtful its the real deal, only time will tell lets say two months ;)

I mixed a bunch of ko kush and free kush seeds together, dont know which is which, but there about 4-5 weeks in. Had about 2 hermi's, one crazy virus or somethin having male. Got one female thats goin FAST, Smells sweet and tasty, and coverred in trichomes. Will update when they get dunner...

(motarebel's) star kush x (sannie's) k.o. kush

no picas, ... i didn't grow it yet :blush:

(i tenderly call her "balboa kush", but names are just shadows and dust :))

hi got no problems whit hermis have 3 going at 7 weeks bloom and took one today one small indica looking smell berry fruuti.

one indica style but big yield smell kush.

one whit sick yield big plant sativa looking indica buds.

last look sativa indica buds smells realy nice fruuti.

can upload some pix when i get the time.

yes, please do so, cannaholic ... it would be the first pictures of the free kush (known to me).

qnuxs2.jpg

this one got the biggest bud in my grow whit ko kush and heri smell spicy sweet,

fast grower this plant got only 3 weeks veg and is 150cm whit pot now had to cut alot of the lower stems cus it took so mutch space in my room.

this one smels so nice and fruuti long main bud look very sativa but done in 8/9 weeks i think hard buds.

jrqv09.jpg

cant get in to the last one today and take pic

Got 2 phenos, one may be a keeper, this is at bout 6 weeks....

gallery_3109_1789_642968.jpg

gallery_3109_1789_925329.jpg

pheno 2, better yield, but less smell and less crystals, plus some wierd growth:

gallery_3109_1789_727740.jpg

gallery_3109_1789_751707.jpg

both got a similar smell to bubba, pheno one way stronger tho. I accidently mixed some ko kush seeds with this when germinating but Im pretty sure these are the free kush, as the ko are much taller and have a different smell. You can tell the free kush has more bubba in it. Got about 4 herms I killed on site out the batch of seeds too. Got one real strong smelling male that didnt herm when everything else did enduring a freeze and harsh weather in a busted greenhouse, got some pollen, might hit up a chem valley kush plant I got and see what it do... peaceout!

your welcome Santero can you show some pic whit full plant structure GEt MO they dont look any thing like the free kush i have must be many phenos i can post some better pic of bud next week when i harvest and get some day light whit them. there on 9 week soon, heri ko kush and free kush :smoke i think that one whit the big bud will yield way over 100g