•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Joe Dirt

Cree LEDs

I recently bought a head lamp for night time mountain bike riding. It uses one Cree LED. The bulb looks like a microchip and is a suoer bright 3000 lumens running off of less than 9 volts. It lights up the dark just like a car headlight. The light is tiny, you could fit a ton of them on a unit. Problem is the one light I bought cost 600$. If they get the price down enough, we are going to be growing with these soon. They are amazing!

Here is the company link. http://www.cree.com/products/index.asp

Just gotta get them making some grow bulbs now!

These things blow the current leds used for growing out of the water. Its like trying to campare a new v-8 mustang to a 79' pinto.

Cree are well known for their LEDS.

As for growing soon with these lights... you can grow now...... but they are still are not as efficient as many believe.

Your still going to need MORE wattage than a HPS light to get anywhere near close to HPS results.

LED still interested me greatly that being said. But I won't be buying one anytime soon even though I LOVE to PLAY.

Grtz HillCrest :P

Its not going to be too much longer until we all can be growing in a 5'x5' room using only 200W of electricty, and producing the finest buds this planet has seen. I would say 10 years maybe, Being opptimistic.