•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
El Tiberon

Good chance to learn to use a camera

Thank you Dequelo. I finally found the 100 ISO. The photos that are taken by the growers here make me feel so inadequate sometimes. It brings out a cometitive nature. The one thing I love about this place is nobody says your photos suck or your bud looks ugly. My photos are getting better because of the support network here at OG. The last two shots were taken in 100 ISO with no direct sunlight and a simple curtain used to filter the sunlight. I did not use anything to tweak the photos. I really like the natural light and the shadows that come into the photo.

I have a question. As you can see in the first photo, the background blurs out and focuses on the foreground. Is there any way to prevent this or is this something only a really expensive lense can do?

That is some serious photo tech stuff Wazzup. I read up a bit. I do understand more about depth of field and specifically circle of confusion now. I now have to learn F-stop and how to use it. Depth of field with equal photo length is what I see as being the most important part of the photos I need to take. I am taking this slowly and absorbing what I can. Am I on the right path?

How do I reduce my depth of field in order to compensate for shorter focal length?

In all my days I could never have imagined asking this question. You guys make me think too much.