•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Misterdirt

Blueberry Sativa & NYCD f3

Greetings.

Well, the single Lemonberry and single Hericules plants that survived my seedling murders during my fall grow produced about 225 grams of manicured bud between them. The little Jackberry produced another 30 grams, and my ultra-small, almost no veg time Chocolate Cheese and Herijuana plants each produced around 10 grams, so in spite of myself, it wasn't a total loss.

Now I've got five Blueberry Sativas (BBS) and three NYCD f3s in veg. Here they are after 24 days:

gallery_3138_2778_61742.jpg

Here are the five BBS plants. Three are already pretty big, and two are more squat. Will this translate into 3 males and 2 females? We'll see.

gallery_3138_2778_93047.jpg

The three taller ones are on the right.

Those of you who can count might have noticed there are 9 plants, not 8. This pic shows the three NYCDs and a single anesthesia in the back.

gallery_3138_2778_77864.jpg

(The plant in the lower right hand corner is a BBS.)

Five of five BBS seeds germed and survived my seedling-killing ways. Four of five of the NYCD seeds germed, and then one never raised its head above the soil level after planting.

They're in organic soil (2 parts Dr. Earth's Gold, 4 parts Fafard potting soil, one part perlite, 15ml powdered dolomite/4 liters, 5ml Fox Farms Happy Frog/4 liters). They are in about 12 liter containers, and will be transplanted to 20 liter square containers tonight or tomorrow.

They were fed once. The NYCD and Anesthesia got half the recommended dose of a 4-3-3 formula, the BBS got 1/4th the dose. All seem happy about it, with no nute burn.

I'm figuring another 4 days of 18/6 before flipping to 12/12. They were under 400W HO fluoros for the first week or so of life, then had to be put in the ~secret~ flower room under 1000W MH for the rest, when guests came by for New Years. Sort of a waste of electricity for such small plants, but that's the way it goes.

More when they start showing flowers.

Brief update:

Oddly, all five BBS are males, all three NYCDs are females. the Anesthesia, which is looking find and branchy, hasn't produced a flower yet.

This slightly fucks up this grow. Luckily, assorted cheese x chocolate/cocoa seeds fell out of the sky. I germed 6 Cheese x Cocoa Kush crosses and 6 Cheese x Chocolate Rain crosses, all of which popped through the surface of the soil on Saturday. After a short veg, I'll put them in the flower room with the NYCD and Anesthesia and harvest them as late as possible. Sometime in April, temperatures might get too warm in the flower room to continue, but hopefully not.

Bummer on the BBS, dude. Some gooey cheesychoc. types don't sound like a bad thing. :)

Oddly, all five BBS are males

I found BBS very hard to "read".

With other strains im usually a good guesser. As you said, usually short plants turn out to be female the longer ones male.

Not so with BBS. Out of the 5 plants the 4 lovely short plants were male, one sky high plant female :P

Anyways, good luck with their successors :)

The girls have been flowering 8 weeks now, and the single Anesthesia plant is popping 'nanners left and right. I saw the first few a couple of days ago, and snipped them out, but she wasn't done showing me her masculine side, so now she's hanging upside-down, disconnected from her roots.

I would have kept her growing for another week to ten days, I'd estimate. Only some of the pistils are red, and almost all trichs are still clear. She STINKS in a classical stanky weed kind of a way -- a bit skunky and earthy. I smell some diesel, too, but that's probably from the NYCD girls that she rubbed against when I pulled her out of the grow room this morning.

Here she is, in all her glory.

gallery_3138_2778_84110.jpg

A close up of a bud. See all the yellow anthers starting to peek out from among the pistils? Two days ago before this pic was taken, there was only one small cluster that I cut out.

gallery_3138_2778_197564.jpg

Here's another bud, with an obvious 'nanner about 1/4 of the way down the bud, right under a fan leaf.

gallery_3138_2778_225819.jpg

This is the second time I've grown Anesthesia, and it's the first time I had to harvest a plant slightly early, due to 'nanners. I don't consider a few 'nanners a week before I'd normally harvest a serious problem -- but I might if I didn't catch it. I look forward to drying and curing her.

Too bad 'bout the nannaers, but she looks great!

Hope the NYCDs are doing well.

Peace

Hell, that doesn't sound too terribly early. Sure it'll be fine smoking. Who knows, maybe that masculine action will give it a special flavour.

I can't complain. I'm sure she'll kick ass. I see this as the Great Reefer Spirit telling me it's time to chop.

The NYCD is looking pretty good. Not nearly as frosty as the Anesthesia, especially the fan leaves, but when you look at the calyx's buried in the bud, THEY are covered with trichs thoroughly. I've heard NYCD isn't really very diesel-like, but it sure smells like diesel to me. Maybe that changes during the cure?

I can't complain. I'm sure she'll kick ass. I see this as the Great Reefer Spirit telling me it's time to chop.

The NYCD is looking pretty good. Not nearly as frosty as the Anesthesia, especially the fan leaves, but when you look at the calyx's buried in the bud, THEY are covered with trichs thoroughly. I've heard NYCD isn't really very diesel-like, but it sure smells like diesel to me. Maybe that changes during the cure?

mine is @ day 4 in drying room. great smell !!

enjoy her !

maybe it will be especially speedy and racy since you chopped it early. looks phenomenal in the trich department! do a early tester and let us know the early uncured green bud fast dried report. lol

Chief, I don't think it's possible to get Anesthesia speedy and racy. Though it could put you in the mood for a 100 meter mosey.

Here are a couple of pics of the NYCD that I took last night, about the end of week 8.

gallery_3138_2778_414673.jpg

As you can see, about the second week of flower, I either overwatered, or added too much P. I'm not sure which, because I was going away for biz for about a week, and gave them water before the soil was dry, with the first dose of flowering nutes. When I got home... eagle talons. The Anesthesia, which got the same treatment, wasn't bothered at all.

The three NYCDs are quite similar. Two have a powerful diesel scent when rubbed. The other is more floral. One of the diesel-scented plants is frostier than the other two, but not by much. A branch of the more frosted one was partially broken, and bound up. it came undone again last night, so I decided it was time for a sample. I'll check it out in about a week.

gallery_3138_2778_109952.jpg

Lovely NYCD's, i have a clone about a month in flower, she smells like Garlic-meat. Very funky just not too strong

Garlic meat! I don't think I have that one, but you never know how the scent will develop after drying and curing.

Unless you rub against the plants, the don't smell much while growing.

Thanks WS. I'm not disappointed with the Anes. It wasn't going to go much further.

Bonedaddy: The New Blue Diesel? I've read good things about it. This is my first in the diesel family.

Your plants are really very beautiful you cultivate with what as lamps?

These are under a 1000W HPS. The CFLs are UVB bulbs - the kind sold as reptile sunning bulbs. My HPS has almost no UV at all.

Tried a taste of the NYCD. Holy shit, I'm impressed.

It's not cured at all. Tastes and smells more like grapefruit now than diesel. It's fairly powerful, but not couchlock. You can really function well on it.

I had to cut it down a little early. It was 10 weeks, but it looked to me like it needed another few days to a week. My grow area is starting to get too warm to run a 1000w HPS.

Here are the NYCDs just before chopping. Pistils are way too white for my taste -- they only just started to turn red -- but that's the way it goes in an attic grow room. Closed for the season.

The least frosty of the three. She smells mildly fruity.

gallery_3138_2778_86133.jpg

This is the second plant, and one of the frosty, diesel-scented plants. Now that she's drying, she's smelling more grapefruity, IMO.

gallery_3138_2778_158372.jpg

This is the third plant, slightly frostier and stinkier than plant #2.

gallery_3138_2778_107677.jpg

Here's a closeup of some of the buds on plant #3. I was actually trying to focus on one of the larger colas, but my cheap auto focus camera zeroed in on a couple of the minor buds, so I cropped the pic.

gallery_3138_2778_261384.jpg

i love the structures of 1 and 2, did you do any topping for the towers?

all plants look dank nice grow MR.dirt

They were all topped once, and LSTed. The LST wires were half loose when these pics were taken. The third plant lost a large cola a couple of weeks ago. It didn't HAVE to lose it, but I was curious about the buzz, and suddenly major surgery had to be performed.

it's nice to hear the heavens have provided you with some new CC beanz.

i hope you finde the phenotype you ahve been looking for, my friend :)

so it would not be the end of the world if i come up with some CCxDBC

instead ... btw, your NYCD's are looking very ... verrrry tasty, misterdirt.