•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
WalterSobchak

ROC SilverPurps

Thanks guys! It looks like the Silver Haze mom came out strong in this cross, #1 is my favorite atm as well. She looks like she is going to go a week or two longer than #2 and her smell is more aggressive. #2 could have the yield edge, especially if she finishes faster.

They will both be run in my next round which is shaping up to be a fun show. Confirmed participants, SilverPurps 1 and 2, Black Cat (Catalyst x the Black), Black Rose, PK Capers, Original Capers (Purple Kush x Thai different pheno than PK Capers) and Skunk #1 (Cultivator's Choice). I have some more seeds to pop to get the full line-up.

WS

A little green for St. Patty's Day weekend! Tomorrow they will be 8 weeks old.

SilverPurps #1

gallery_3086_1815_18790.jpg

OgK x Purps, probably gonna take her down in the next week...

gallery_3086_1815_201044.jpg

WS

Oh my. #1 is just a fine example and it looks like you're taking it to it's full potential...so healthy and happy looking. How many weeks left on her? Maybe 3?

Fine work Walt, and TBL is one of my favorite films :)

Peace and happy St Patrick's Day!

RM

Walter, Did you supplement your supersoil or just straight H2O from the faucet. I too am using Super Soil although I like to bump it a bit with ACTs and using alittle Budswel starting week 6 for that added boost of Flavor.

I didn't supplement the supersoil. I think I ran into a ph issue since I decided to amend purely with guanos instead of the blood and bone meal. I will be giving them much less veg time next round, so I am going to keep the Roots organic base soil in 3 gallon smartpots and feed them after week 4 Botanicare's CNS17 Ripe.

No. 1 looks outstanding. Beautiful plants , been lurking and admiring.

You have to be careful with guanos as they can be hot. I put some in my winter veggie garden ( I grow kale and broccoli and carrots in the warm Ca. winter). and they got stunted and freaky. It was fresh bat guano from a place I found with 2 foot deep piles of bat guano on the floor.

Guano can lower ph, but done right it can bump flavor and yield. Be interesting to see how the Ripe works. Even though I've reluctantly gone organic, I still add MOAB or Koolbloom powder as a single dose in week 5. No harmful effects beside an increase in yield. You have to be careful doing that with guanos too. It can stunt a plant. I've done it.

I have been considering adding bloom boosters, but I am holding off on adding it until I have a better feel for the plants. I feel like a major contributor to the issues of this round have to do with technical issues on my part (possibly letting the soil get too dry a few times and overvegging).

Spring Cleaning and reconfiguration are coming in the next few weeks after the harvest, mostly in a week or two...

Yay, harvest! Geez, that bud looks nice. Such a nice light green. Looks easy to hang; just throw it at the wall, and when it comes unstuck and falls, its ready to smoke. I shouldn't cheapen it with my silly jokes, though.

Nice job on what has to be some potent stuff. Looks like it will be a real pleasure to smoke.

Man, that last pic especially looks dense and heavy. Let me know if you're going to need any help smoking it. :)

Nice looking weed.

Outstanding grow. You put some love and care into this work and it shows. Thanks for sharing.