•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Visidious

Sugar punch in soil. First grow.

I can tell the buckets are causing drying out issues with my soil. Debating if I want to transplant them(scared) into smart pots or if I should let them be. I can tell the gnats have been fucking like crazy I see more hanging out in the soil daily. I am buying some predators later this week fuck this.

I want to transplant as I think the bottom of these buckets are staying wet inside as they are hanging out by those holes. I guess I have to decide with trying to kill bugs and water my plants less, which I really want to flush them at the moment but cant, or go ahead take the risk of shocking the shit out of them transplanting them.

Tough decision.

dont transplant them, one thing at a time, smart pots nice idea,

but i would leave that for another time. before water ing just do the simple test, look feel then water etc.

you are in risk on trying to manything and then not nowwhich was hte righy way. suck it and see

This reminds me of my first grows, I too was always stressing about everything when I should have just let it be. The good news is, I don't see many ways you can truly f this up, If you just take it easy you will be rewarded with some great buds. The plants might look a little roughed up but luckily it won't affect the buds much. Of course your yield won't be optimal but that's for the next grow! Hopefully you have clones as I think the best way for a beginner to learn the ropes is to grow the same clone two or 3 times and see for him/herself what's good for the plants and what's not.

So do what you have to to get those gnats under control but other than that leave those plants in peace to do their thing, take clones and next round start again a bit wiser :)

And remember: DON'T GIVE UP because of these troubles, if this grow had gone perfectly you wouldn't have learned a thing! Your patience with these problems will be rewarded in your future grows!

oh and I have to "translate" this sentence a bit Inkog77, hope you don't mind! :D

you are in risk on trying to manything and then not nowwhich was hte righy way.

you are in the risk of trying too many things and then not knowing which was the right way.

Listen to this man, he obviously knows what he's talking about!

Yea just thinking out loud mostly. Still sticking with my current plan of letting them dry out a couple more days then just PH'd water. I am debating maybe adding cal mag to it as I see that deficiency very much, but I am not sure yet.

That plan sounds good. I can't give you advice about the cal mag though, I guess I'm just lucky to have really clean tapwater with enough trace elements to keep my soil plants happy. I bought some epsom salts like 4 years ago and I've used about 2 teaspoons of it :) I don't know about your tapwater but it should contain enough of these elements.

The worst thing about problems is waiting for the plants to recover, I've learned this the hard way :D Now my growing technique could be called the Buddha Approach. Infinite patience and positive thoughts

Picture%207.png

I read somewhere on a random forum (google search) that fungus gnats hate cinnamon.

All I did was sprinkle ground cinnamon over the soil of each plant and I never saw them again.

I cant say for certain thats what did it, but the change was immediate and it was the only thing i tried.

Sexy update time. I used the Mosquito Dunks and I have seen a huge reduction in gnats, and gnat larvae when I look through the soil. I just watered/feed them an hour ago. I used 1/3 of the recommended FF schedule and 1/3 of the Cal Mag plus. Things are looking good I think. My arms smell amazing just from moving branches so I could water them. I am very big on good tasting, strong marijuana and I am very picky and forward about it. This is the most amazing smell ever! I am very excited to smoke this.

I just stopped feeding them Beastie Blooms and I am now using Cha Ching in supplement to Tiger bloom, and Big Bloom

SP1

I just want to turn my head and start gnawing on this. I am so very tempted to pick a lower useless bud to get a taste, but I assume its useless to do so for a couple weeks.

gallery_6519_2770_329593.jpg

SP2

gallery_6519_2770_352071.jpg

gallery_6519_2770_438969.jpg

SP3

gallery_6519_2770_342526.jpg

gallery_6519_2770_182931.jpg

SP4

gallery_6519_2770_956685.jpg

gallery_6519_2770_919788.jpg

Hey,

Like i said before you shouldnt feed her anymore right now. Look at the leaves!! Way to much Phosphorus lile you see on the Leafs, that curling expands on the SP.

Therefore it starts a deficiency of N ,Z and K wich just looks like it cause there is enough K,Z and N in your soil its Just blocked cause of the Phosphorus abundance.

Plain Water with a Ph of 6.5-6.7 would be verry appreciated . You`ll see they love it and the buds will expand again.

Wich week are they in right now?

Have a look at my Grow (in my Sig), i run also sugar punch but this time i just fed her 1 Time and also the P+ was just used once and only 1/5 of shedule. Its much!!! better then the last grow where i used 1/3 of producers shedule.

They have had those burnt tips forever. I have not feed them in 13 days, and when looking at them they seem hungry to me. I flushed them previously before that last feeding very much which I assumed took out the nutes already there(most of them) then I feed at 50% strength. This time I feed at 30% strength.

You think I should stop feeding them this late in the flowering stage? Like the only nute burn I see are those tips, and the Nitrogen overdose from before, but the rest of the plant looks hungry, especially on that tall green one, lower leaves are turning necrotic and falling off.

They are about 4-5 weeks. Right now it just seems I never should have given them 100% of the nutes, that and over watering early on seem to be the issue. I have never watered them the wrong PH. I use a meter and the test vial every time. I am afraid to let them go without nutes :( Especially knowing that I flushed them two weeks ago. Ill keep this updated. As always I really appreciate your input.

Plus there is also the Cal mag issue that I wanted to stop before it takes its effects on the buds. I will give them straight water next time as I am suppose to, then the big question will be what to do after that. I will post pics and discuss it with you fellas/ladies.

I have 4 kolossus and 1 SP a week into budding I will post another journal for that.

I need coffee!

Maybe it is from the earlier N overdose, for the cal/mag deficiency u could use a foliar, have u tried flushing with enzymes.

I never give my plants the 100% nute that the producers prescribe, i always start with 25% then in full bloom peak with 75% max and then flush ;)

Short of a soil analysis, it's tough to call where everything is at right now. You sure wouldn't want to burn those tasterino's up at this point.

After a good couple doses of straight water, what about a 1/2 strength general purpose fertilizer (1 : 2 : 2) with micronutrients at this point, just to keep any bad deficiencies at bay? Sorry if this seems like a stupid idea, but I know I would be hella confused about what to do next.

To clarify I feed them 400-500 PPM's of nutrients this last round. Close to 420 :)

I picked up Fox farms Sledgehammer and microbe brew. Ill do a flush with this next round I am thinking and add a little of that microbe brew possibly. I am not using this soil next time or if I do I am certainly not feeding it anything till I see signs of deficiency.

Hello everyone. It is getting close to harvest time :) About to be eight weeks into flowering.

I have four different phenos which makes my first grow.....fun lol. Since it seems like all four phenos are amazing I am going to crack one seed and just clone that and learn that pheno until I get it down perfect. Due to the fungus gnat issue(I have under control I believe) I want to make sure they are completely gone before I do anything else.

The plan is to feed them nothing but PH 6.5 Water. Any opinions and advice is welcome as you can see there are some issues. The first issue being I overfeed and over watered them. I will use less nutrients, and I am using root pouches next time. I am debating using a different medium next time due to the FFOF having Gnats. My choices are FFOF, Just Right. I am going to add dolomite lime next time as well possibly.

SP1 A little nutrient burn. The bushiest of the group. Smells Dank. Green.

gallery_6519_2770_573917.jpg

SP2 The purple/fruity lady. Sorry for the bad picture. I can not explain how much I want to just start eating this plant lol. It is amazing, and will quite possibly be the best smoke I have ever had. I am very, very, very, very big on my smoke tasting good. It can be super strong and have no taste, and I will not like it. As someone said in a previous post I think this is going to taste like cotton candy, it truly is the best way I can describe this plant. However it seems to want a large amount of Calcium and Magnesium due to the rust spots I dealt with through flowering. I have another purple pheno SP two weeks into flowering already exhibiting the same symptoms. I will post a picture when I can there is no good light to show the damage on the leafs. The buds look fine.

gallery_6519_2770_295007.jpg

SP3. The CLAW! It needs some support on side branches, I am hoping this is due to bud wight and not week stems. Probably both. That dark green is gone from the leaves.

gallery_6519_2770_668420.jpg

SP4 She smells a little fruity like the purple pheno, but she is a light green and coated like I rolled it in sugar literally. She has given me issues as well.

gallery_6519_2770_66626.jpg

You have done good. Chasing the same thing we are all chasing the biggest production possible. Anyways, growing in soil has been a stress relief for myself. Couple of thoughts that work for me since I have had alot of the same problems you encountered.

1. I don't feed or add any nutrients every watering. I usually give them ACT every other or every third watering.

2. I too had watering issues my first couple of grows in soil. I read the solution is to measure the watering. That in mind I usually water no more than 700 ml or 4 cups per plant . This way I don't overwater . Very rarely get runoff and if I do very little. I have been watering on 3 day cycles and getting ready to increase to 2 days , that due to plant age 30 days flowering.( This schedule has reduce the fungus gnats tremendously to almost non existent)

3. Because I am using Supersoil I never ph my water. I do collect lots of rain water in 5 gallon buckets on a downspout.

Looking at your plants you did ok. The lesson this year is watch the plants and do not panic if you see something . I think there are alot of post where people over react because of the fear of the worst. I am still trying to get to the golden number of .5/g//perwatt..

Don't Worry be Happy