•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

HillCrest

K.C. Brains - Northern Light Special Indica/Sativa ...Anyone Grown?

Hey all,

Afew of you may know I'm a fan of Northern Lights....always have been, especially Sensi's.

I have grown out many other Breeders versions of this strain and crosses, but always gone back to Sensi.

Curently I have no NL on the go :( and I'm missing it dearly. Apart from one 'NL x Big Bud' which is smelling just beautiful and looking so NLish :D...anyway getting side tracked hehee...

I have had a look around and am looking to try a few more NL versions or even NL dom crosses. Any recommendations would be welcome but I have tried MOST already ;) so ;lease stay away from main stream breeders.

I have my eye on K.C.Brains - Northern Light Special Indica/Sativa << Hempdepot link.

I would be interested to know if anyone has grown this strain and what they thoughts were regarding it's NL parentage after growing and smoking it. Any input to K.C. Brains as a breeder and his other strains are welcome as I have NOT grown any of K.C's strains before.

Any info on the strain BLUE DOT would be VERY welcome too :D

Grtz HC :P

• Like 1

i dont have much info on blue dot except i have smoked it a few times.

gave a real creeper high and i felt social even though i hardly talk when im high.

im sure its sativa dom with some indica in the background since i had bumped my head

and wasnt complaining about pain.

real great smoke imo i wish you luck on your hunt.

I haven't tried KC's NL, but just got a pack of his Leda Uno as I have always thought his stuff looked really good and his prices are great. I would love to see his NL grown out, or any of his stuff for that matter, lol, I can't find much on his stuff.

I would suggest Dr. Atomic's NL, he has an old Sensi male that he uses and I have heard great stuff about his NL. Damn, now I want a pack!

i only grew KC36 once (just one pack of beans) and had some issues with them popping.

only 4 of them popped but gave me two very nice females (didn't have the space to keep them, tho).

i read that the germinating-problem is fairly common with KC-gear ... so, make sure to buy at least

two packs (and get them on his site, since they're about 1/2 the of the price as they are in the depot.

i hope that helps you a bit, hill ;)

Heya Hillcrest I haven't grown anything from KC Brains, but you could check http://www.kcbrains.com/ for other strain descriptions.

By the way Hemp Depot is rather expensive concerning seeds from KC Brains.

Take a look at http://www.growshopa...en-uk/d163.html

For info on the Blue Dot check out: http://en.seedfinder...e_Only_Strains/ :lol:

Hi all......

I've grown out Dr Atomic's or to be more precise I bought the seed and got a friend to grow as I had no room :D . I liked it but it didn't do it for me. I'm tempted to buy more and grow myself this time...just incase :D

Yeah I know KC Brains site it was just the first link via google in a hurry.

Being on the other side of the pond I wouldn't order from there anyways but thanks all

Running water ........ yeah cheers for alien link......haven't looked there in ages.............nearly went on a silly spending spree but managed to hold back. I'd forgotten Alien have MANY of my favorite brands.

Grtz HC :P

Hello HC.

I once grew out a KCB NLS. I have some pics of it somewhere on here. It had long Sat dom colas. I was learning how to make seeds so it was half pregered. I wasn't really happy with it, but I need to add that I was very new to growing. I still consider myself a noobie :D , but that was like the second or third time I'd ever grown pot so I wouldn't put a lot on what my experience of her was.

Here are some pics of what I grew out.

gallery_1867_1489_909501.jpg

the ones with the blue pipe cleaners are KC's NLS

gallery_1867_1489_48148.jpg

I recall not being very impressed with the smoke, but I don't blame the plant for that.

Anyway, I hope this helps

:)

• Like 1

hello ive tried to grow these out but there were problems and never got them over a foot and a half tall.it wasnt any thing to do with K.C. stuff. out side of that i can tell you these seeds were out of the ground and3 inches tall before anything else kinda like the blue Hammer were. super vigorous. also you can git K.C Brains seeds for under 20.00$$ almost any where all of his stuff used to be less than20.00. his Mango is one of my buddies favorite strains. i allso read and wrote it down but cant find it now that the genetics were a combo of all of the Northern lights around like#1,#,and #5 and #2 im pretty sure. its one of only a few of his strains thatdid not have one of his secret strains in it. these are thing ive read and i believe it. he has been called a master breeder for quite some time. oh yeah i gave my brother some of his haze special and he gave me some of the finished product andit was very good. its a quick plant, this last year my bud had some Bahia blackhead plants single colum very fast plant of over 160 plants of all types this plant was done three weeks faster.and you could grow a shitload of em in a small area and there only 20.00$ fo 10. i got to go hope this was of some help to ya. also if ya can find em my friend had some bahia blackhead X og kush . that were just as fast better smoke and huge easy to trim monsters. and some what we think was tnr X bahia black head that were fast and the kind. the last ones i mentioned are worth trying to find for sure .. strong and huge . Peace Andmoreagain

• Like 1

My Kc Brains NL Special Plants were very indica dominant - short, not really fast, one main cola developed and the resin production started early. They didn't look or smelled special. They got killed by spider mites (other strains didn't die!) in the first weeks of bloom, so I can't say anything additionally. But I also made good experiences (outdoor) with Kc Brains strains!

I bet normally Northern light is spider mite resistant with his thick & dark green leaves.

I have got better results with the 11 pack from High quality seeds than KC brains, cost less 30€. (24€ on Hemcy dot at)

Very compact but long bud, so spicy, sweet and resistant as a hell... No germination probs.

http://en.seedfinder..._Quality_Seeds/

old pics from a single plant week 6, almost done, in 1 or 2 weeks... precision: i had used only 5 seeds.

gallery_804_571_280774.jpg

gallery_804_571_2247714.jpg

Edited by hiwatt
  • Like 2

I'm about to chop a NL from a little known Canadian breeder(will try and upload pics later), he's an old-school guy that has really nice skunk genetics as well.

Company name=Peak Seeds BC. His prices are very reasonable, but he doesn't have a modem to take electronic payment...I mailed cash.

I have few genuines Northen lights From 2000-2001 , I even still got like 50 seeds of it (gave em to a friend , and it still got em)

I haves 2 mothers , and I always have like 4-5 of those somewhere in one of my flowering rooms.

I always grow son Northen lights from this seedbatch to see I can find an even better mother...Its a so good plant to use as male plant for breeding project , a safe value for a good offspring that will look like the mother while givin yield

My main father plant called Pine skunk (aka raymond) Is from this northen light batch , I used it to make Bigberry aka North Berry (aka white raymond haha , it depends who Im talking with , there is some insides)

Wonderful plant , very strong buzz , effects are kush-like , tastes sweet and piney/skunky , hard to descrobe , smells very strong in the bag....Its one of my friends favorite , because its remember the goold old time :)

When I know hoe to post pis ill post all the strain that Im talking bout at the same time eheh

So it might be actual good weed , but wont give you the old times flashback

I dont think nowadayz The NL they are selling is the real deal , it has been propably cross with 20 strains with years lol

They want to improve thc level so a couple year ago they mixed ak 47 and W-widow in almost everything .

So you wont have the good buzz and taste that will reminds you of backthen I guess.

It will be overpowering im sure..

Real Northen lights is kind of bland weed , It taste like pot.

Smells like pot , nothing fancy at all but sometimes thats what you want.

Thats why is so good for breeding , it will let the female give the taste , while he is intensifyng it and givin vigour and resistance to pest/mold , and often shortening the flowring time off the offsping

iNL is more like Chemo , acid , not hazy at all. a little fruityness in background...

Hairs are not very oranges more brownish but buds looks white.

It grows like Indica but leaves are often sativa-like , Ill say like Real white widow

55 days , 48 or 60 if you want

That is one sweet looking plant JGS! Holy crap. The first weed I ever smoked that made me "trip out" and see stuff was NL in the early 90's. I am dying to find that weed again, and am on the hunt for her. I am under the impression that Dr. Atomic's or BCSC's are they best examples in seed form right now?

I am eagerly watching this KC thread to see how they turn out.

• Like 1

Mine are from bagseed , found around 2004 , but the NL that produced the seeds was allready old aged , so I almost could say its pre 98 like the trend

I dont really knows about tje companys youve mentionned...But Im sure all the northen lights currently avalaible are not the old stuff we used to smoke. But im sure its good dope , if the company is good.

They based theyr strain on critere , des dont really matter bout the genetics.

They want a short indica plant that is white , taste good and finishes in 50 days , and when they find a cross that fits their expectations , they call it northen light ,

who is in theyr grow rooms to see their mother and father plants?

Its not a strain that you can easily indentify by taste like kush , widow , haze , afghans since its kind of bland , and all strains we smoke today have NL roots.

Now lets roll some cannadential :)

I know this thread is dead, but fuck it. This topic sparked interest in me when I came across some really good NL at a greatful dead fest. Did some hunting and opinion searching and decided to get Dr Atomics NL, PeakSeedsBC NL, Jordan of the Island NL and Nirvana NL. Going to grow them all out, save moms and the best dads, reproduce the pure lines and do some crosses between the different breeders batches. I'll post back here after I have some results. :)

• Like 5

I know this thread is dead, but fuck it. This topic sparked interest in me when I came across some really good NL at a greatful dead fest. Did some hunting and opinion searching and decided to get Dr Atomics NL, PeakSeedsBC NL, Jordan of the Island NL and Nirvana NL. Going to grow them all out, save moms and the best dads, reproduce the pure lines and do some crosses between the different breeders batches. I'll post back here after I have some results. :)

Have fun buddy

I have been growing Peaks NL for a good while now in crosses as well as the pure line

which is BC Seed Company early stock NL#5 x Oasis from early Dutch Passion stock (Hindu Kush F3 x Northern Lights #2)

You get a lot of nice plants in there with a variety of fat stocky afghans and the occasional thai sativa long bladded leaved sativa pheno's. A lot of pineapple scent as well as some have the hard to deny hindu kush odour, a bit of pine and some orange if you pop enough seeds. It produces fat stems and strong branches. Pheno depending it grows like a kush pole plant (with afghan bud sets like herijuana) or a small chrismas tree if left untopped.

Produces a very nice buzz cerebrally as well as physically and worth the time to grow her.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2016 at 5:23 AM, Wildcat55 said:

Back in the 90s if I'm right I met a Dutch Guru in Greece and it he blessed me with some of the original Northern light weed it was one of the best smoke I have ever smoke .

I remember I had this weed about a month and it was one of the best moment of my life .

So I am on the hunting to find this one .

I grew at the moment a norther light from Suzy seeds let's see what it will look like 

• Like 1