•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
inkog77

best air cooled reflector

ok here we go.

what is the best air cool reflector? there are so many on the market! i have never used one but there are reason why people use them!

am very interested to see what others think about this!

will post some more soon,

peace inkog

High ya Ink, I'm thinking of getting a few diamond aircooled's. for my situation they would work perfect, as summer is coming, i would then be able to vent out a lot of the bulbs heat, thus cooling my room a bit. these one's have no glass. i like them massive blockbusters or whatever they are called, but at around £200 each they can keep thatnoise,lol. mack.

hi mack

i have seen then and they look really nice, i totally agree the buster styli are expensive. but as you say possible a good investment.

the only thing in i dont htink anybody has done a really good test of A / B to see what the out come is.

ok dude all the best

No matter the brand...You have to look if its well built and ergonomic/efficient. It depends on your room design , there all been made for special purposes depending the emplacement /setup.

jah bless

My favorite models aren't cooltube, just square or rectangle and have a hinged glass cover to easily clean it regularly and change lamps easy. the glass cover should be sealed with a gasket.

ye the buster type looks really nice, and if you can get it at the rite price then great. mite buy some and run it with opticlimate, that sound like nice set up. plus co2, ok back on topic.

i am lead to believe that cooling the bulb reduce output, by up to 10 /15 % so your superlumen styli ballest then become a standard electronic ballest.

how ever you can get rite on the canopy.

yeah, i looked up the buster, that model looks really nice. should be a fun setup you have planned. soleur & palau has served me well for a really quiet inline fan. i stopped my search with them.

i've read the same about the light loss, whazzup has mentioned it many times and he's a lighting expert. i run around 100 cfm through my hood, so i don't think i'm cooling the lamp too much compared to some of the 300+ cfm fans. cooling for me i know i'm losing some light, but ive read estimates of only about 10% using this style reflector. i can tolerate 10% for something i think is safer, and easier to cool in my very small environment. i have no business running a 600w in my space, but i can with the aircooled reflector...right to the glass....but no touching :)

i know a good place to get some stuff like this, so mayb soon i update, about the qulity of the buster styli. i dont use aircooled yet. i also got so quite big box fans so i can use a lot of reflector.

i dont think i go down the water cooled co2 generator. i am think more opticlimate with aircooled shades, no dimming using maxi controller.

more autogrow intelliclimate. plus co2 generator

o man your got sum deep pockets there fella :showoff: big boys toys for sure B)

by the way.....did you get that dwc system ?

grtz carper

hi carper.

no mate never got iit, i like it very much, but have discussed this with other dutch growers and the one thing that comes back ever time is because it is one system circulating the water etc, you do not have any buffer, so what they mean is that if something goes wrong,,, your fucked,

where if you do like a esko racker mapito flood and drain the the mapoti has a buffer, so mapito if rh is correct then you flood are every 36 hours. something like that.

so now i plan new system with opticlimate, aircooled shade, intelligrow controller + co2, autogrow intellidose pimped version. mapito flood and drain styli.

thats a badboy room ahahahahahahah. it in the planning stage, design sourcing the kit at the ritee price hahah :innocent: :innocent:

BEST AIR COOLED HOOD...................

the one laying in the closet while the non air cooled ones are rockin in the grow room!!!! :punk:

JK JK i just had to do it

I like the magnum xxxl a lot. It has a really even and wide light footprint and puts off very little heat when ventilated properly. I too preferr to run my lights open air with co2, but it's gets too hot here in the summer for that.

I like the magnum xxxl a lot. It has a really even and wide light footprint and puts off very little heat when ventilated properly. I too preferr to run my lights open air with co2, but it's gets too hot here in the summer for that.

hay JMF any picture of your set up ,,, sound nice. the magnum xxxl,,,, it really big reflector, i myself like this but i sort of think it to much,! which one you use the 6 inch or the 8 inch. also storage is an issue with these reflector, plus transporting etc, am sure you know all about it.

i mite add that i also like the reflector from gavita, look really good, for me i like this very much, all though not air cooled, so off topic.

plus the adjusta wing styli

ok dude all the best .... peace

inkog

been looking into the magnum also, either that or the big kahuna. i definelty need a bigger foot print. im currently running the euro reflector, its nice but i need nicer. lol

WUP dude,

Like most things you have to fit the AC hood to your circumstances, while also factoring in that those circumstances might change . so the idea of not having to upgrade should be considered when u purchase an AC hood imho.

don't get cheap quality stuff, and check the warranty 411 too. after all that is done it's about the foot print and the wattage you plan to use.

General hydroponics as well as other sites can make comparisons easier to do, and it's better to do those comparisons instead of a quick buy based on enthusiasm.

i'l;l check my old shipments list and see what i chose based on quality & price. gOTTA GIVE ME SOME TIME TO FIND THAT LIST THOUGH.

Hi Ink

I have run the sunlight xxxl 8 magnums for almost 2 years .The newer ones are hinged makes a lot easier to clean the glass. Some of these other hoods are twice as heavy as the xxxls plus some do not seal all that well.I have recently changed up because the quantum 1k ballast that i had made the wires rattle in the bulbs & they would flicker from time to time.

Gavita Power now no regrets .

Good luck Drip n

hay JMF any picture of your set up ,,, sound nice. the magnum xxxl,,,, it really big reflector, i myself like this but i sort of think it to much,! which one you use the 6 inch or the 8 inch. also storage is an issue with these reflector, plus transporting etc, am sure you know all about it.

i mite add that i also like the reflector from gavita, look really good, for me i like this very much, all though not air cooled, so off topic.

plus the adjusta wing styli

ok dude all the best .... peace

inkog

I could snap off a pic of my lighting set up but currently, I only have one magnum. I'm still using a couple of daystars and a radiant reflector as well. I want to upgrade to all 4 magnums, just need the funds. Those magnums aren't cheap. Also, I plan to run open air as soon as I can and supplement with co2. I'm a little over 5000 feet above sea level so I figure it should cool off enough here by early September. Until then, I'll be air cooling. The magnum honestly doesn't look as bright as the radiant, but it has a much wider footprint and it seems to be a lot cooler than the radiant and the daystars. Oh yeah, they are the 6 inch reflectors.

ARdiU.jpg

yes it looks like it put more light in to the corners, the foot print looks good, they are expencive but mayb worth all that if you have a great controller.

thanks for the sharing the picture, the plant look happy

thanks again.

@dripp wet. man gavita, pro series look great, have to say i like there reflectors aswell, :grinning_respect:

ink