•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_48391.jpg

This is only affecting 1 of 4, and this one was topped in veg only once and has since sprouted 2 main branches with 2 extra super long side branches that are half the size of the main 2.

I also had to use the double potting method for several reasons so now it sits in 2/3s of another 5 gallon pot. The roots are still white and healthy and growing into their 2nd pot rather nicely, I have noticed a few inches gained on the plant overall because originally I thought I only had 3 real good branches from it, it's turned into a complete bushy monster since putting it in double pot just no buds forming...white hairs all over the place on even the mini branches.

Nutes:

Fox Farms Open Sesame (Finished using)

Fox Farms Beastie Blooms(1st dose 6/1/11)

Fox Farms Cha-Ching(not used yet)

Dyna Gro Bloom (Has had this arbitrarily only twice)

Good ol' water

The fox farms combined only make up close of 1g it's some mini-packs I bought not the whole bottle so plan is not to use them all the way out and mainly use Dyna-gro.

Reason I throw in good ol water is because this girl also tends to dry out quicker than the others and pot gets light feeling before my in between feeding of every 3 days.

Pics are all of the 1 in question. I have checked it everyday and there are no balls to be seen so it's certainly not hermie, I honestly didn't mark what strain this was but I only used three different ones and since I'm unable to determine it like the others the closest it looks like is Breeders Choice Anesthesia, as I only used that New Blue Diesel and Seedsman Narkush, I have 4 total and the 3 I have that are doing fine luckily are 1 of each.

The one that hasn't bloomed looks like Ana, same leaf structure.

I'm also noticing that the fan leaf branches are turning purple-ish like they have been bruised and these are the ones I have been moving out of the way for all the inner growth to get better light penetration , is this from bending it like that or something worse?

I also accidentally snapped one today when I moved it so yeah thats great :whistling ...any idea why this 8-10 week strain is procrastinating? ALL are Indicas/Indica Hybrids.

gallery_7547_3195_107494.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_62570.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_108938.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_15631.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_69981.jpg

gallery_7547_3195_56003.jpggallery_7547_3195_37922.jpggallery_7547_3195_49860.jpg

• Like 6

They look about 2 weeks into flower to me. You say 28 days, so im assuming thats 28 days of 12/12 cycle. I would say you flipped them, and it took them about 2 weeks to sex, which would put them about 2 weeks in actual flowering and not 12/12.

When you did your second repot, did you repot and stick in the 12/12 cycle, repot and let it veg before 12/12 or did you repot after some time being in 12/12?

Lastly what medium are you using and what are your temps?

I personally dont use beastie bloomz till about the 5/6 week mark, then cha ching starting about 6/7 week mark, and then i allow for a 2 week flush. I tried using them earlier over the years but they seem to stress the plant more and dont quite have the disired affect until later on.

Is there any chance this plant got a high dose of nitrogen that the others didn't get?

Was the soil in the 5gal pot new or had it been previously used? If it was used soil it could have high N levels in it.

You can re-use soil, but you may want to flush it beforehand to make sure the soil is clean... flushing releases the salt buildup left behind by fertilizers. These salts are bad for the root systems.

Budding plants still need a little N, but not very much.

They look about 2 weeks into flower to me. You say 28 days, so im assuming thats 28 days of 12/12 cycle. I would say you flipped them, and it took them about 2 weeks to sex, which would put them about 2 weeks in actual flowering and not 12/12.

When you did your second repot, did you repot and stick in the 12/12 cycle, repot and let it veg before 12/12 or did you repot after some time being in 12/12?

Lastly what medium are you using and what are your temps?

I personally dont use beastie bloomz till about the 5/6 week mark, then cha ching starting about 6/7 week mark, and then i allow for a 2 week flush. I tried using them earlier over the years but they seem to stress the plant more and dont quite have the disired affect until later on.

Yes 28 days of 12/12 cycle, I didn't know I wasn't suppose to include the sexing period, they were vegged for 2 months straight and I did the repotting during flower as the roots started coming through the bottom of the pot. I repotted them from 3 gal pots 2 weeks before I flipped into 12/12 for sexing and after sexing was over I noticed the roots just busting out crazily and when I cut off the bottom I was just in time before it started to wrap around and attempt to get rootbound, since I have repotted it has grown again but prior to repotting it was at the same height no nothing happening.

I'm averaging a temp of 78-80 degrees at night in it's dark period it's getting well below 70 using two side by side 400W HPS lights. I'm using soil, fox farms ocean forest mixed with Miracle grow moisture control which is well past it's 3 months included feeding.

Only other thing I have given it was Hygrozyme, the only place it could have got a spike N from is when I was using Open Sesame on it..I used 0 nutes during veg only Hygrozyme and have only used that 2 times since flower and mainly on this plant due to repotting..I did use old soil I didn't flush it but it's soil from veg period which nutes if already not gone from me just giving water to the bottom every other day by now then Idk what else to say about the source of N.

After giving it a shot of beastie which I will lay off of for a bit the leaves feel sticky to the touch

Was the soil in the 5gal pot new or had it been previously used? If it was used soil it could have high N levels in it. You can re-use soil, but you may want to flush it beforehand to make sure the soil is clean... flushing releases the salt buildup left behind by fertilizers. These salts are bad for the root systems. Budding plants still need a little N, but not very much.

It was a mixture of both old and new ffof and mircale grow moisture control, so I should just flush the hell out of it is what your suggesting? Since this is two 5 gal pots stacked I should flush with about how much and from top to bottom or just the bottom?

Is there any chance this plant got a high dose of nitrogen that the others didn't get?

I'm really not sure other than Fox Farms Open Sesame which I have stopped using as I ran out of it last week but I gave it 1/4 the strength in a 1 gallon container that all 4 received the same day. Only had enough for about 3 feedings.

did you identify what the sex was before you flipped to 12/12?

you can sex your plants whenever you want... all it means is flipping your lights to 12/12 so you can see either female or male flowers, with out having to veg until the plant would show sex...

they look 2 weeks in to me as well.. be patient my friend dank will come in time :)

once you see female pistils on a plant, thats day 1 of flower.

All great answers here. I as well do not start counting "flowering days" until the plant is actually in flowering...producing domes of hairs and stacking top nodes.

The reason I asked about N is that over fertilization with N is the only way I've retarded flowering in my illustrious growing career. It can hold them back for weeks. That doesn't mean that you don't have some freakish sexless plant, but I've never heard of a sexless Cannabis plant.

Nitrogen is very water soluble. Add water from the top until it starts draining out the bottom of the pot. Then add another couple of gallons and allow that to drain. It should remove available N.

Plants have a tendency to take up "luxury N." They're N pigs, and the effects of high N concentrations can linger due to that, even after flushing.

did you identify what the sex was before you flipped to 12/12?

you can sex your plants whenever you want... all it means is flipping your lights to 12/12 so you can see either female or male flowers, with out having to veg until the plant would show sex...

they look 2 weeks in to me as well.. be patient my friend dank will come in time :)

once you see female pistils on a plant, thats day 1 of flower

No I didn't sex them until I flipped them to 12/12 despite fact I vegged for 2 months they didn't show sex until the HPS lights were put in. Within the two weeks I was able to identify the males quickly and by the end of the 2 weeks out of 8 I Was down to just 4 females. Yeah I have noticed more pistils on the one I have posted since I double potted it but before it was double potted there were pistils but not as many as there are appearing to be now and they are getting longer too...it just didn't take off like the other 3 which already got buds and trichs forming...I can find 'hints' of scattered trichs here and there on the top top fan leaves around the pistils though I do see it but it's not as frosty anywhere near her sisters

All great answers here. I as well do not start counting "flowering days" until the plant is actually in flowering...producing domes of hairs and stacking top nodes.

Ok I think I'm understanding what you guys are saying, I first put these gals under HPS lights June 5th, I was thinking tomorrow would make them an official month old in flowering but what I'm learning now is since sex was not achieved until within the first 2 weeks after putting them under hps lights on june 5th I'm really at only 2 weeks of flowering as of tomorrow and not a month right? Since the first two weeks were 'sexing'

The reason I asked about N is that over fertilization with N is the only way I've retarded flowering in my illustrious growing career. It can hold them back for weeks. That doesn't mean that you don't have some freakish sexless plant, but I've never heard of a sexless Cannabis plant. Nitrogen is very water soluble. Add water from the top until it starts draining out the bottom of the pot. Then add another couple of gallons and allow that to drain. It should remove available N. Plants have a tendency to take up "luxury N." They're N pigs, and the effects of high N concentrations can linger due to that, even after flushing.

I don't believe she is sexless white hairs and pistils are all about since double potting her but I do think your luxury N theory possibly holds some weight in this case, I am just going to give it nothing but water and a heavy dose of it especially tomorrow since that is feeding day, oh and the nute dyna gro does have a small amount of N its 3-12-16 so it has been getting N from not just Open Sesame 5-45-19 so should I just stop using dyna gro since it is supplying N?

If so that means I am going to have to abstain from giving it Nutes up until I'm at official week 4 which at that point Beastie Blooms (0-50-30) and I'm not sure about Cha Ching since it's 9-50-10 and suppose to be used at the 9-10th week and these strains are due to be finished 8-10 I don't understand why I would still need to give it nutes like cha-ching when it's suppose to be getting flushed at this time? And then there is just the fact it contains N

Same question I had. Only comment other than that, she's probably not gonna be your keeper. Looks like a healthy plant tho! Patience my friend...

Not much has changed so far besides the white hairs pictured have gotten longer and a little more bushy, the stretching has stopped and she hasn't gained any new inches but I am noticing that the leaves are starting to get sporadic hints of trichs to form is this normal without any buds??

Same question I had. Only comment other than that, she's probably not gonna be your keeper. Looks like a healthy plant tho! Patience my friend...

I'm trying to be bro, I'm starting to think this might possibly be one of the free kush sativas I received and possibly not even an Indica at all because my Narkush,NBD, and Anesthesia are all doing fine..only reason I'm saying it's sativa is because I do know these take even longer in flowering so I would assume it would take longer to show buds too right?

Yes 28 days of 12/12 cycle, I didn't know I wasn't suppose to include the sexing period, they were vegged for 2 months straight and I did the repotting during flower as the roots started coming through the bottom of the pot. I repotted them from 3 gal pots 2 weeks before I flipped into 12/12 for sexing and after sexing was over I noticed the roots just busting out crazily and when I cut off the bottom I was just in time before it started to wrap around and attempt to get rootbound, since I have repotted it has grown again but prior to repotting it was at the same height no nothing happening.

Simple problem here..... I think... :)

You say you transplanted during bloom?..

My guess is that she's undergone shock which can sometimes take 2wk recovery(or more), and actually putting her back 3-4 weeks behind schedule while she's setting her roots and acclimating.

I always allow time or plants to set roots from a transplanting before shifting them over to bloom. It's much more consistent growth this way... I understand they were not sexed yet tho, so that's where this issue possibly arose from. (maybe old dirt didn't help either..?)

Hope she comes around for ya buddy ;)

Cheers

Thanks Dynasty I believe you are actually right because after I sexed her it really didn't take her long to fill thru the 5 gal pot and I ended up having to double pot her and the roots have been settling into the new pot and it actually wont move at all both pots are stuck together now due to the roots and I noticed today one of the side branches is starting to form a lil tiny bud but not the main stalks or anything yet so I will give this one an extra month or two to finish her thing! I was getting worried but now that side branch development has made me chill out.

You've got a couple theories to try out - i would grab, let it root well and after a couple weeks, throw it in flowering. See how the clone reacts.

Hopefully she gets her act together and the extra time under the lights just means more bud later!