•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Wrecks

90 watt LED grow

Hello all. I thought maybe I should put my grow in this section, as I'm not using the most powerfull lights out there, and I don't have huge spaces either.

I have a 2' X 3' veg. / mother / clone area, lit by 1 90 watt all blue LED.

The flowering area is 2' X 6', partitioned into 3 - 2' X 2' areas with 3 - 90 watt full spectrum LED's

2 gallon pots / soiless mix / organic solid nutes and mineral nutes combination

Having an even height is the emphasis on everything, as these lights have limited (none) penetrating power. However, when I was purchasing, I made sure to go for the 45 X 2W bulbs, as opposed to 90 1 watters.

All in all, I am happy with the lights. I could see bigger doing great things, but my whole startup was based on low energy consumption, and low heat waste.

I feel comfortable where I'm at with nutes now. I think all along I had too much organic solids in there,that were carrying through into flower too much. Too much nitrogen.

Anyway, I will carry on with the Lemon Skunk as I get the next strain started off. I have a Lemon Skunk mother about ready to take cuts from, and 3 (6, actually) in flowering.

This is fem. Blueberry from DP.

I planted 5 seeds, and 5 have sprouted. Quickest for me yet. Straight to soil, and this is exactly 72 hours @ 84 F.

gallery_6332_3200_14977.jpg

I want to grow these in individual pots, take 1 clone from each, and put the clones into flower as soon as possible, and then make a choice for mother depending on what I see them do. I'm hoping there is a nice blue one, or real aromatic one in there. I may end up just picking the most vigorous one... or they might all die, or herm out. :)

good luck,, should be interesting the world is changing and we are now in the LED REVOLUTION not sure if it will give output for yield. but i await to see. all the best

Thanks for the good wishes Inkog. :)

I will be interested to see the yield on this next round of flowering. I think I have the greenery in place to see what the lights can really do.

gallery_6332_3200_174731.jpg

They don't stretch too much. I'll have maybe another week to train a bit, then the stems will be hardened up.

Here are the younglings this morning. First impressions? Vigorous little buggers. Never had seeds sprout quite this fast, and they all look pretty much identical. So far, so good.

gallery_6332_3200_192030.jpg

Best of luck Wrecks! Judging by the pic, you give them water from below?

What height will the LED's be?

Looks great and very vigorous like you say.

All the best for this grow experience :)

Hello all. I thought maybe I should put my grow in this section, as I'm not using the most powerfull lights out there, and I don't have huge spaces either.

I have a 2' X 3' veg. / mother / clone area, lit by 1 90 watt all blue LED.

The flowering area is 2' X 6', partitioned into 3 - 2' X 2' areas with 3 - 90 watt full spectrum LED's

2 gallon pots / soiless mix / organic solid nutes and mineral nutes combination

Having an even height is the emphasis on everything, as these lights have limited (none) penetrating power. However, when I was purchasing, I made sure to go for the 45 X 2W bulbs, as opposed to 90 1 watters.

All in all, I am happy with the lights. I could see bigger doing great things, but my whole startup was based on low energy consumption, and low heat waste.

I feel comfortable where I'm at with nutes now. I think all along I had too much organic solids in there,that were carrying through into flower too much. Too much nitrogen.

Anyway, I will carry on with the Lemon Skunk as I get the next strain started off. I have a Lemon Skunk mother about ready to take cuts from, and 3 (6, actually) in flowering.

This is fem. Blueberry from DP.

I planted 5 seeds, and 5 have sprouted. Quickest for me yet. Straight to soil, and this is exactly 72 hours @ 84 F.

gallery_6332_3200_14977.jpg

I want to grow these in individual pots, take 1 clone from each, and put the clones into flower as soon as possible, and then make a choice for mother depending on what I see them do. I'm hoping there is a nice blue one, or real aromatic one in there. I may end up just picking the most vigorous one... or they might all die, or herm out. :)

I had to laugh when I read your last sentence Wreck...I think you covered all the possibilities of what can happen LOL! Have you been growing this whole time with LEDs or is this new? Im burnt out a little, excuse me if Ive asked or read this somewhere before.. If you have used LEDs, how much nug have you gotten off the 3 90 watters?

Hey, thanks for looking in and good wishes all. :)

@ Bazz - I just pack dry media around a hydrated peat pellet, and water from the top. I water quite alot for the first day or two. Little shots 3 or 4 times a day to keep the top wet. Any excess water is absorbed by the dry stuff, so it's almost foolproof for moisture.

I think I'll end up keeping the lights 10" above the tops, or thereabouts.

@ Roodni - Thanks man! :)

@ Indican - Hehe, yah, who knows what's going to happen. I'm going to keep a Lemon Skunk mother plant going until I see what's what.

I haven't gotten much to speak of for yield so far. I've been picking early too. My best bet with my setup will be smaller buds, but many of them.

In the picture above are 15 budsites. They would have to average 6 grams each to make 1gram /watt.

I've only ever grown with these lights. I started out in October. I have something a little different for next round. Fun stuff, this growing. :)

Hello again!

I tried something new. For these pics in veg, I unplugged the light and used a 100 watt incandecent.

Here's the little hermberries.

gallery_6332_3200_173908.jpg

The Lemon Skunk mother. I'll be taking 8 cuts from it this weekend.

gallery_6332_3200_110522.jpg

Room will be full after I finish cloning

gallery_6332_3200_108515.jpg

I got to thinking that I don't want to be unplugging and plugging in. That makes for arcing and oxidation on the plug prongs, and in the receptacle, also, I don't want to be starting them hot either.

I did raise the lights, and got that 100 watt bulb in there, but it's still mostly purple. Funny, it looked pretty green to the naked eye.

Here are all three stations.

14 days 12/12

gallery_6332_3200_8053.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_155699.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_114148.jpg

Things I've learned. (or think I have ;) )

I've been generally too heavy with nitrogen. Cloning should go even smoother now with lower N for the mother, and I'm pretty positive that this round of flowering has been quicker to take off, so maybe less N is responsible for that also.

Right now, they still have the organic solids in there ( "Turkey Trot" and "Alfalfa Gold" ) at about 1/4 of what it takes to start overload, and I've been giving 1/2 strength 1:2:2 and straight water alternately. pH of soil, nutes, and water are all close to 6.5.

So far my record for flower time is about 6 weeks. LOL. I've just been pissing watts, time and money down the tubes.

This is my first real shot. I won't have the heart to pull these early. I just want to stay on a light feeding schedule, make sure not to over water, and hope for no pests, power failures, or other disasters. *fingers crossed*

I think I'm just about at the point where I can just sit back and water and watch them grow. Looks like I`ll be watering often, they sure are thirsty buggers!

I might just move them around a bit, but no more horizontal training.

I`ve been very gradually trimming all of the lowest growth, and I just finished up the last of it this morning, so I thought I`d take my first ever underworld pics. :)

gallery_6332_3200_134985.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_140818.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_89565.jpg

Hey all.Thought I'd take some pictures. Things are coming along. I'll just keep this Lemon Skunk mother going for as long as it takes to establish my next mother plant. Here's a pic. of the veg room.

Left to right: 5 - DP Blueberry, Lemon Skunk mother, and 10 cuttings under the dome.

gallery_6332_3200_28210.jpg

Here's a pic. of the whole flower room; I don't think I've taken one before

gallery_6332_3200_113950.jpg

Here's the three. Yield will be simple math. There are 39 budsites altogether. All leaves and shoots below the screen have been pruned. Saying there are no screwups or disasters, and I let them go to 10% amber / 80% cloudy / 10% clear, or so, will they average 3 grams each?

I would be happy with that, because that would mean I would have enough smoke to last me until next harvest, and maybe I'll be eating steak instead of bologna, because I'm not spending all of my money on shitty dope, WOOT! :)

Time will tell.

20 days 12/12

gallery_6332_3200_52278.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_10450.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_22776.jpg

Thanks for eyeballing. Ciau for now. :)

Very interesting to follow this LED grow.

I going to sit front row.

And nice net you using will be copy by me in my next grow so thank for the inspiration.

/Vito

Thanks for the kind words, Vito. I've had inspiration from this site as well. Oodles of good ideas on this forum.

Update time. Yay! :)

I feel much more confident and capable than I did when I plugged that first light in 8 months ago. Master grower I am not, but I'm learning how to keep them healthy.

Here's a shot of the veg room.

gallery_6332_3200_41618.jpg

The BB's are looking good. I'll be taking top clones before I figured I would

Been thinking about air layering style of rooting for these ones. Could be a sure fire method, or could lead to some infection of the whole plant.

I'm still undecided.

25 days from dry seed

gallery_6332_3200_149371.jpg

10 Lemon Skunk cuttings. I've been purposefully not paying any attention to them. I just cut, planted, then flooded the trays for 4 days. I extracted the excess water 2 days ago. At one point they had all gone floppers, but I just kept the leaves out of the water,and they're looking OK this morning. A little early to say, but I think they'll make it.

gallery_6332_3200_188433.jpg

The ones in flower remain healthy. I've been picking off some lower fan leaves that started to fade. Some were crispy already. Am I worried? Quite the opposite. My THEORY is that the plant is consuming the nutrients from the shaded lower stuff, which means it is not being overfed, and is probably a little on the hungry side. Fine by me. The tops look A-OK.

25 days 12/12

gallery_6332_3200_225361.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_55909.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_208018.jpg

Stress free plants like to get right at the resin production, apparently. :)

gallery_6332_3200_82599.jpg

Less is more. ;)

Until next time, when we will all have a nice glass of milk together, "Au revoir, Shoshanna!"

Hello again. :)

I did some transplanting and training on the BB's. Very different stem structure than the Lemon Skunk. I can see supercropping older stems is right out. I guess you can only SC the newest growth. What I did was bend the stem between every node. I think I'll tie / support them like that, and maybe bend them over once more. I'd rather not try topping this first round so I can see their growth pattern

Anyhoo, here they are. 31 days from dry seed

gallery_6332_3200_47552.jpg

I waited for the lights to go out this time, and took some shots with the flash. I would love to have long fat colas, but what I'll be getting is some nice looking top buds, and quite a lot of popcorn buds. Regardless, this is the most / best I've had in flower by a long shot, and I'm looking forward to actually harvesting a stash. Ease of harvest is way down on my priority list.

I take the yellowing lower fans as a sign that I'm not overfeeding them; something I've had trouble with before. Next feeding, I'm going to up the flower nutes to 3/4 strength. I'm sure that will still be well below burn threshold.

31 days 12/12

gallery_6332_3200_175460.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_198369.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_155657.jpg

If you see anything you'd like to point out, fire away. I do enjoy experimenting, and doing my own thing, but if I see any tips or advice that I can apply to my grow, I'll use them gladly, and gratefully.

Thanks for looking in, and keep your stick on the ice. :)

Something I haven't seen before. The clones are bleeding water from the tips of the leaf serrations. It's not condensation. I tasted it, and if you could have a big glass, it would be like some kind of Ent drink. Tasted fresh and nice, anyway. They are ready for planting.

gallery_6332_3200_115286.jpg

Veg. room

gallery_6332_3200_166536.jpg

Unless one of these Blueberrys does something spectacular, I'll not run them again. I don't like the way they grow compared to a mostly Sativa hybrid. I'll try re-veging if one shows something special, but I think my setup is more suited to Sat. leaning plants.

gallery_6332_3200_118182.jpg

3 stations with 2 angles each

gallery_6332_3200_132181.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_44452.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_170840.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_172917.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_23991.jpg

gallery_6332_3200_110090.jpg

Flowering lights

gallery_6332_3200_123863.jpg

About another month to go. Hopefully they will fill out nicely.

I thought I was about done with L.S., but after this next round, I think I'm going to do a full run again. A little differently next time.

I was going to run Blueberry from a mother, but I need strong side branching for my grow, and they are not strong side branchers.

Down the road a bit, I think Warlock (Skunk / Afghan) will be my next victim.

No matter what, I'm going to keep updating with pictures.

Like a lone sailor on the Flying Dutchman, I'll ply these waters endlessly, regardless of any witness to my actions.

If a tree falls in the forest, and there are no creatures around, does it make a noise?

Yer fuckin' A it does! :)

*edit* Only another 3 weeks to go, and it'll be a full 8 weeks of flowering time :)

I'll do my next update on day 56 of 12/12. Things should look a bit different by then. Later :)

Or sooner. I just can't stop. :)

Here's the veg room. 4 - Blueberry from seed on the left / 8 Lemon Skunk clones in the center / Lemon Skunk mothers on the right

gallery_6332_3200_25907.jpg

It takes some coaxing and training to get the side branching going on the Bluberries, but they are coming. I may be able to get a cut before flower after all.

gallery_6332_3200_122951.jpg

Here's a Lemon Skunk station @ 43 days 12/12. They had a full strength feeding a couple of days ago, and I've decided that is it. Just straight water now.

gallery_6332_3200_83840.jpg

They won't fill right in.

gallery_6332_3200_40080.jpg

I think if I just water them now, and let them take up the last of the organic and mineral nutes, they should make for some tasty buds.

Hi everybody, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7W3mX3SFA

This growing weed thing is fun! I read somewhere that this Lemon Skunk starts to smell in the last couple of weeks of flower. I'm thinking that is true, because I could smell something sweet but undefined before, but now I'm actually smelling lemon. :) Old news for some of you, but new hotness to me out here in the stix.

I checked trichomes aweek ago for the hell of it. The verdict was clear.

gallery_6332_3267_49090.jpg

I didn't bother checking this week. I'll wait another week. That will be 8 weeks. I'm hoping they will be ready then, but at this point, I may have the sack to wait another week. I've broken my flowering record now. This is really the first meaningfull flowering run for me. I could actually have a bit of a stash out of this one. Here's a top. 7 weeks. I just know it's going to be tasty. I already know it is potent stuff. :)

gallery_6332_3267_143825.jpg

2 pots @ left - 4 Blueberry plants in total. They were reluctant to side branch. Looks like the supercropping, LST and a topping have had the desired effect. I'll take a clone from each before flower. It'll be a bit of a pain keeping those 4, but Iwant to make sure I have a good BB mother before I give up on the Lemon Skunk

2 pots @ center - 8 Lemon Skunk plants total. Topped once each, these two pots will go under 1 light

2 pots @ right - Lemon Skunk mother plants. I'm going to do one more full round of Lemon Skunk as I nurture a BB mom.

gallery_6332_3267_231544.jpg

Very nice setup Wrecks, I enjoy watching the LED AND plasma etc grows. I'll stick with my hps cause I'm just an old fart who does not like a lot of change.

let me know if you need some taste testers when you get them girls chopped.. :execute . lol

:verrygood

Hey, thanks, Robo. :)

I've been alot more patient this round. They actually went the full 8 weeks, and the trichomes were roughly 5% amber / 85% cloudy / 10% clear. I would say with this pheno, you could just watch the pistils for ripeness, as only 75% turned orange. With all pistils orange it would probably be about 10% amber, and 90% cloudy, or so.

Anyway, this is the biggest top. They all ended up being fairly uniform, so not too far off average.

gallery_6332_3267_108756.jpg

A little close up

gallery_6332_3267_5791.jpg

I'm shooting for a 10 day dry. My goal in that time is to NOT let the outside get crispy, but to dry in a humidity controlled environment. It's easy right now; the RH starts out at 90 + the last couple of mornings. After, I will cover with newspaper, so all moisture has to transpire through that.

BTW... WOOT! :)

hola Wrecks,

very nice scrogs :whistle:

pure blue for veg? really? i don't think this is the best spectrum for cloning, seedlings and veg, the plant structure will probably be modified. They need half blue and half red photons, so 2 blue/3red leds for a fast growth and rooting. The all blue seems to work but they could probably grow much faster with a blue/red spectrum. Just my two cents.

Do you think that this blue spectrum is better than T5 or MH?

Be very carefull with the ligths, especially the all blue, blue is very energetic and very dangerous for the eyes. Use good sunglasses when you are in the grow boxes.

greetz

Silva

Hey, thanks for the tip. I imagine I could get some red in there with the addition of some 2700k CFL's.

I do not think that all blue is better. I could be using one of my flower lights for veg; they say they're good for both. I just bought one blue, because I thought I'd like to show them a change in spectrum as well as photoperiod when they went into flower.

I don't think that LED's are superior, they just allow me to grow something with low power consumption, and low heat output. If I had free reign, I would use MH / HPS.

That will be how I will try to grow everything; topping / vegging with small diameter spread / spread them out in flower.

BTW, here is a shot of the tops that will get some cure time. They are still drying slowly after 9 days. In a few days, I will put them in a small jar, and hopefully I'll have the sack to wait a month. It's getting nicer every day, and the green colour is slowly fading.

They went through a pancake and syrup smell after about 4 days, and now, I'm getting some tangy citrus and spice. It's starting toget lemony. Amazing what happens when your first step for drying is NOT "preheat oven to warm".

gallery_6332_3267_218296.jpg

nice nuggs!

IMAO there is no need to change the spectrum when you flip to 12/12.

All led lamps with blue and red works well for veg, they give more photons than enough for veg, and they give more red photons than enough for veg which are simply wasted.

Bloom phase needs more light intensity (2x to 3x more with led light), and more red, but if there is enough blue in the light, the plants will stay short and compact in veg, with nice side branching.

Thanks, SS. I'm enjoying some proper marijuana. I gave the last batch a real slow dry, and they've been curing now for awhile, and it tastes really fucking nice. They were flushed clean of nutes for almost the last month of flower. Very smooth.

Anyway, here is what is in flower now.

DP Blueberry. Funky looking, there are two plants per pot, from seed. I never took clones. If they show me something good,I'll re-veg the best. Otherwise, I could be happy growing Lemon Skunk for a great long while.

gallery_6332_3267_6911.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_103104.jpg

I'm looking forward to a nice yield of Lemon Skunk from this station. Started with 4 clones per pot, topped just once for 2 mains each. I cut off the runty tops. Slower to flower this round; they weren't as mature as the last round, but that worries me not; I think this will be looking pretty sic in a couple of months or so.

gallery_6332_3267_33866.jpg

All pedestrian fair by the standards of this site, but it's mine.... ALL MINE! :)

Thanks a bunch, Robo. :)

I used less organics this round, and I went ahead and put full strength veg nutes to them a few days ago, prepared to fill the bathtub and flush them if they started burning, but both strains took it and ran with minimal tip burn. No clawing or other strangeness, or bugs appearing yet, so with a little luck, they should come on strong.

I don't know if BB will be next or not, but I am going to grow another full round or two of LS first. I kind of want to see what I can get out of that one strain with my setup.

I keep having evil thoughts of 48 - 5" square pots, and doing SOG's, but I'd be crowded out, and I'd have to use the flower room for veg time also.

I'm going to have to stick to single 2 gal pots. So far, after examining a few root systems, it doesn't seem too bad. they are getting bound, but not seriously, and still seem healthy *cough*homemadeinternalairpotsFTW*cough* :lol:

*edit* forgot to mention that in addition to lollipopping, I've been pinching internodes like crazy. Just bursting some cells, not laying them over. They seem to stay nice and short between nodes. I noticed last round that the more heavily supercropped branches looked/weighed better.