•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Wrecks

90 watt LED grow

Hats off to you Wrecks ....With only 90 watts pretty awesome . :grinning_respect: .. i have to tell ya every time i look at those pics with the purple lights it trips me out.

Is it true minimum heat from the led fixture :unsure:

This is making me get very excited about using LED's for veg. You are making people become more confidant my man! Great job. What brand are you using?

Thanks, Drip-n and El Tib. :) I have fun smoking a joint in veg and going into flower. It makes your eyeballs vibrate for a bit, lol.

It is true about the heat. I'm using a 50 cfm bathfan for veg, and a 90 cfm bathfan for flower, and I've been going through mid-thirties, with the addition of some cooler air from a remote 90 cfm fan during peak hot times. It warms it up in there, but not too bad.

I'd recommend LED's for veg. without reserve. I think I got lucky with these lights. There is no branding at all, but they are what I ordered. There are better dealers, and more reputable companies all the time. I can recommend no brand, but there are some good ones out there. Expensive. If they're cheap, they'll probably be weak sauce.

How long have you been running them? I hate to beat a horse to death but I am looking for more than the CFL crap I had to use in Mexico for veg and since it has to fit into carry-on luggage, LED is what it will be. Been looking at Blackstar's. 180's and 240's. I am only going to use one and keep the oher for a back-up in a 4 x 2. Bad thing is if the first one works well, the second might not be worth a hill of beans when the other goes out. Price you have to pay I guess when you are away.

I see what you are saying. Very expensive for that redundant system.

I've been running mine for 11 months now. Getting a spare is on my to do list, because even though they are supposed to last a long time, you can never completely trust something to go 50 000 hours. I have my eye out for a small one with red/RED/blue/BLUE/white/orange/UVA+B (or something like that)

Those Blackstars are probably amoungst the best out there.

Here we are at 5 weeks 12/12. The DP Blueberry's really took off fast in flower, and they're making some fair sized buds.

gallery_6332_3267_215743.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_31022.jpg

You see how they are kind of willy nilly and a lot of wasted light in the middle. I wasn't sure what I was doing with these; I just wanted 4 phenos to grow.

Three of them look pretty similar, but 1 has more spear shaped buds. Here's a side by side. (two plants / pot )

gallery_6332_3267_125139.jpg

That one different pheno is also the one that is producing the most resin. I'll be tring to reveg this one.

gallery_6332_3267_131763.jpg

The old Lemon Skunk. I like this plant. Maybe not the biggest yielder, but it frosts up fast, fun to watch, and it's damn tasty and stoney smoke.

gallery_6332_3267_36715.jpg

I sure hope nothing crazy happens in my life. I just love quietly growing myself some decent pot. :)

• Like 1

Hey wrecks, nice looking grows you have. I am looking into LED grow lighting and you seem to have a lil bit of experience, I have found a lot of good talk of Magnum and was thinking of getting a magnum plus for my 4'x3' area, do you think that would be sufficient for SOG in my hydro system?

Thanks Indican, El Tib., and Focal. :)

The only things I could suggest about LED`s for bigger areas are look for 2-5 watt bulbs, and perhaps 2 smaller lights instead of 1 big one, for redundancy, and light distribution

Hi Wreck, thanks for experimenting and reporting :)

Spectrum seems perfect, now LED techno needs more horsepower, but for a single gentle smoker, enough to consider a nice results

Hey, LaVie :)

I agree about the horsepower. 10 watt diodes will be interesting, if they come.

I think they grow a strain to it's potential quality, but you sure have to manage your plants if you want any yield; that is with these 90 watters, anyway.

If I just grew a plant and let it go naturally, it would be sad news.

Hey, I'm back with some pics at 6 weeks of 12/12.

I ran into some hermi action on one of the Blueberries. It must've happened at the onset of flowering, because I had fully developed brown seeds already.

Lucky for me it was a very limited outbreak. Doubtfull, but perhaps just that one male flower, as I've seen no sign of anything else.

Anyway, here they are.

These two are unremarkable Indica (I think) phenos. They're nice, but not so much visible resin. No hermies in either of these two plants.

gallery_6332_3267_50397.jpg

Here is one Indica pheno, basically the same as the last two, and the Sativa ( I think ) pheno that is pumping out the crystal. It was this Indica pheno that had the male flower. No hermies seen on the Sativa pheno (thankfully) The Sativa pheno is the one on the right (mostly)

gallery_6332_3267_148985.jpg

Here is a side by side. Indica pheno on left, and keeper Sativa pheno on right. Different harvest dates for these, I'm thinking

gallery_6332_3267_8729.jpg

I think I'm going to be hard pressed to grow anything that is notably stronger than this Lemon Skunk. I don't have a great deal of experience with high powered strains, but I've smoked some pretty serious stuff in my time, and I think this dirty old Lemon Skunk pheno can go toe to toe with any of them.

Once again, I got pretty lucky in picking this pheno out of 5 fem. seeds. I chose the one with the most vigour, and it frosts up like a bastard. Starting to fill out now; I was a little concerned for awhile at the slower progress in these this round, but I can see they are on par. If anything, more resin.

Definately healthier at this stage compared to last time. All leaves are still there, and healthy. Been feeding them more this round.

gallery_6332_3267_132016.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_29376.jpg

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying my pot is the best out there. I'm just happy to be growing some good weed, and I'm especially excited about that one BB pheno.

Regardless of anything, I look forward to harvest time, and some tasty nugs to smoke while I'm growing the next round.

Woot! :)

Very nice Wrecks ! Is there one 90 watt LED per station? Do they actualy draw 90 watts per unit? how many grams are You getting per station? How wide are Your stations ?

Hey Barney. :)

Yes, 1 - 90 W per 2' x 2' station. As far as I know these draw 90 watts, but it may be less. Certainly not more, because my power bills are very low.

So far, I've gotten around 1/3 g/w, or something like that. I'll never have huge crops, but I should be able to keep myself in smoke.

By golly, here we are @ day 50 of 12/12 already. An interesting round for me; I've seen my old Lemon Skunk act a little differently, I've seen some Blueberry (not Esko's / DJ Shorts :( ) grow, and a couple of different pheno's of it. One BB hermied slightly right at the start, and although not desireable, it didn't ruin everything (thanks in part to having it semi-isolated) (pats meself on the back) and similar to breaking your arm skateboarding, it's like a badge of honour almost.

Anyway, enough of this gay banter.

Here are two BB plants. One I would call full blown Indica pheno; the other a bit more Sativa leaning. I am not interested in propogating either. I'll chop these two next weekend @ 8 weeks, and set them up for a 7 day dry. Macro's of these would show some trichomes, but nothing to write home about. Pretty weak sauce, actually, although I guess you can't judge by visible resin.

gallery_6332_3267_196658.jpg

The next station. I pulled the hermie to smoke @ 7 weeks, and am left with the most Sativa pheno. It has the least amount of buds, but looks powerfull. This one will go 9 weeks for sure, and I will put it to re-veg after chop. Here are two shots of it.

gallery_6332_3267_40579.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_110699.jpg

Actually, I don't give a flying fuck if it re-veges or not. I want to experience some Blueberry, but I'm not sure I'm done with this Lemon Skunk pheno.....

I chose this Lemon Skunk pheno last winter, based soley on it's performance in veg. I think I got pretty lucky, because it is a resiny beast ( I think ) in flower.

This round was slower to take off for some reason, but it has been packing on resin like never before, and the pistils are turning very slowly, so I may actually let it go for 10 weeks. Way better feeding schedule this round; I gave them a lot more nutes, and kept them on veg. nutes up until almost week 6. Very few leaves lost this time. I just have to calm the fuck down for once, and let these truly finish. I've almost been growing for a year now, and this is my best looking station to date. The bud that comes out of here will stand up beside just about any fancy shmancy weed for potency; Smell / taste / smokeability are up to me.

gallery_6332_3267_8610.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_476.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_30644.jpg

Ready for the next round. Here are the next 3 victims (4 plants / pot / topped twice ), and the mother plant, all Lemon Skunk. I'll take some clones in another week or so. It's going to be a jungle in another 3 weeks, but they will love going into flower, when they get to spread their wings, and have a full 90watts to themselves.

gallery_6332_3267_102357.jpg

Hope you found this interesting. (lol, just had a joint explode; guess I missed a seed. Mmmm, chlorophyll :fish: )

Hey man, I was watching TV and saw a lantern type LED with 9 bulbs. The bulbs looked to be arranged one on top of the other. My thinking is, if you concentrate the LEDs more, giving more light per square inch, then the result is more bud. I'd like to design an LED in a shape like a 1000 watt HPS, giving 360 degrees of light. Just thinkin' I guess...

Interesting. I know pretty much nothing about LEDs. I'd really be tempted to put both 90 watters onto my flowering plants!

What is the rough equivalence to HID? 300W LED = 1000W HID, or something like that? At least I heard numbers like that tossed around on some website or another.

Indican, I've seen you grow with a vertical bare bulb in the center, and I like that. I think having a vertical LED stack would be badassed with 5W diodes. :)

@ Mr.Dirt; For scrog or sog, the comparison may be valid, although you'd never catch me quoting #'s. For tall, natural plants, I think LED's still lack the penetrating power, or reach of HID lighting. Just my thoughts. I haven't done any research lately.

@ Foodstuffs; Thank you. It's really behaving differently this round... in a good way. It's flowering more slowly, but seems heavier than before, and the pistils are turning much more slowly. I won't be too worried about my BB re-veg. project, anyway. Just throw it off to the side, and grow that LS. :)

8 weeks! I haven't touched this Lemon Skunk, and now I sail into uncharted waters for the first time. :) I'm going to let it go 10 weeks, then harvest and trim, and this time I'll weigh the whole station @ trimmed wet weight before I smoke any of it.

I'll most likely have a few seeds, but it won't affect the quality, I'm sure. (fucking hermberry!) I'm going to check those Blueberries closely when I harvest, and if I see one more male flower, I'm going to scrap them all, and throw out my 5 remaining seeds, or I might scrap them anyway; I have a feeling this Lemon Skunk pheno is, all in all, the superior marijuana.

gallery_6332_3267_126650.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_100652.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_196776.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_7029.jpg

Two weeks to go ! :)

....and knowing my wicked self all too well, I'm going to have something to smoke so I keep my pecker tongs out of the LS.

The buds on the left are way heavier. That's the one I'm going to try to re-veg.

gallery_6332_3267_178642.jpg

Here are close-ups of the two phenos

gallery_6332_3267_188508.jpg

gallery_6332_3267_181575.jpg

I didn't find any signs of male flowers on 3 plants. At least I don't think I see anything. It appears 1 plant hermied right at the start, and just 1 or 2 flowers. Maybe it'll be worth it to dabble in this stuff, I don't know. I'll find out next weekend, when I check out old frosty at 3am Saturday morning. :)

misterdirt, it is exaggerated numbers . likely best LED is only 10/20% better per watt. it means if you want 600watt HID you must shell out 1500 dollar worth LED. I would love some LED for Veg but atm T5 offers better for value. Lets wait for cheaper 10w diods :D

wrecks, nice grow even small that seems enough for vaporizing . Keep up, dude!

Thanks, Blue.

OK, so I pick away and harvest plants early so I can get high on my own supply, which is the idea. I can take some ribbing about it, I know it seems silly to most folks.

Speaking of silly, after examining my last pics, some of you must be laughing your asses off at my hermie display, and I'm all "not too bad, I'm pretty happy" I couldn't see the forest for the trees, or I was fooling myself, but I think the Indica phenos were riddled with a new round of male flowers.

gallery_6332_3373_74606.jpg

Out of 5 fem seeds, I kept 4 plants. 3 are garbage, but I am going to try to perpetuate this one.

I cut this one out, and planted it in some fresh neutral mix. We'll see what happens

gallery_6332_3373_31634.jpg

Here's a top in natural early morning sunlight. The bisexual Indica phenos actually resemble a berry smell more than this one, but a quick smoke test reveals a strong sage-like woody kind of smoke that hits you in the eyes right away, and puts that kind of slightly blurred or hazy aura on everything.

I have a good feeling about it. No hermies here, and I'm quite sure about that ....... lol. Could be the makings of a long drawn out disaster, but it's so different from the rest, I don't care if it doesn't taste or smell like blueberries at all, if it were to work out, I could call this my very own; chosen for reasons, not just a lucky pick.

gallery_6332_3373_97786.jpg

I did a lot of work yesterday. I trimmed up the next round, culling quite a few runts along the way, took some clones, and pruned back the mother plant.

16 clones this time; not sure how I will set up the next, next round yet,but I have time.

gallery_6332_3373_107867.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_172020.jpg

So now I have some bisexual weed to smoke until next weekend, when my nice BB will be dried for 7 days, and I'll have that to smoke for another week, when that lone Lemon Skunk will be TEN WEEKS OLD! :) The leaves are starting to look kind of shabby, but it's straight water from here to the end. That will make 3 weeks from last feeding to harvest. It's going to look so pretty when all of the pistils turn that bright orange. I know I can and will wait this time, but not beyond 70 days

Happy growing, everyone! :)

"quick draw" McGraw