•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Wrecks

90 watt LED grow

To bad for the hermie bud wrecks :( looks smokeable though :P

That other bud on the other hand, man that looks mighty fine!!

Sure looks like it knocks you out!

Greetings!

Hey, thanks Lexn. :)

I was sad to see the hermies come, but not sad to see that one pheno. It is pretty good, IMO. Seems to be good potency there. For an 80% Indica, it doesn't seem too couchlock. Tastes good. No Bluberry really, but there is a sweet / spicy thing, and it's pretty easy to smoke. I'd like to get a full round off someday, we'll see if it re-vegges.

While I'm at it, here's that Lemon Skunk @ 60 days 12/12

Freaky style

gallery_6332_3373_129073.jpg

Normal style

gallery_6332_3373_107985.jpg

Improving is a slow process for me. Everything I grow becomes deficient in later stages of flowering. I'm slowly working my way through dealing with pH changes in the soil, and giving them more, timelier nutes.

One day, I would like to grow a whole round to maturity with all healthy foliage.

Lemon Skunk @ day 63 of 12/12

Plants have really been enjoying the flushing. I pulled all the nasty fans, and then just kept going. For the first time, I can really see how much bud is there.

It's about 8 inches from the screen to the tops.

gallery_6332_3373_119008.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_39574.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_96526.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_126025.jpg

I think I'll have to buy some local weed to tide me over until this is ready to smoke. One more week to go. :)

....or a few days, lol.

Harvesting is better than working! :)

It's 9 1/2 weeks, and I couldn't wait any longer. I'm not a toucher. I avoid disturbing the plants as much as possible. When I pulled off the screen, which was a bit of a challenge, I got blasted by the aroma of lemons:) When I got to trimming, it was awesome; full on lemon.

Here is a shot of 3 of the heaviest ones.

gallery_6332_3373_93370.jpg

I was a little surprised at the size of the lower buds. Could be the product of all of the pinching I was doing at the onset of flowering. They weren't super leafy, but trimming was still a little frustrating. I'm not complaining, though. I was alternately cursing and smiling all the time. :)

The courts seem to view weigh scales as such damning evidence, so I don't have one, but I set up a crude but effective balance beam, using Canadian $1 coins ( 7 grams ) for counterweights

The total weight of the freshly trimmed wet buds with stem is right around 250 grams. I figure about 1 3/4 ounces of dried bud.

Now comes the most important part; drying. I think that not letting the outer bits crisp up right away (or ever ) is key.

Here's a glory shot.

gallery_6332_3373_137577.jpg

Very nice Wrecks. Well done ! Do You have Your snowshovel ready yet?

Well, had a bit of a smokers panel yesterday. There were a couple different kinds of kush there, one of them pretty decent; had a nice smell and taste to it, and seemed pretty potent. I had my Lemon Skunk there, that I "got from buddy".

Hands down, the Lemon Skunk was the clear winner. Lots of raised eyebrows, mmm's, and where did you get this shit? :)

That strong Lemon smell faded as the buds dried, but it is still a very nice smelling and tasting weed. Proof in my hands that that extra couple weeks of waiting in flower is well worth it.

This LS is Skunk #1 X Citral (Pakistani Indica) so quite a bit more Indica leaning than DNA's Lemon Skunk.

My pheno favors the mother, I think. I've never tried Skunk #1 before, but I think I have a good idea how it would taste. :)

I had a Blueberry set to reveg, but after comparing the two, I just can't follow the LS with this BB, because I would be taking a step backwards.

I have two more rounds, or twenty weeks of Lemon Skunk to flower out, and then I want to change strains. I'll prune back the LS mother, and keep it alive until my new strain is established. It has to be something that may surpass this LS in flavour and potency.

I like Sativas, but I'm not ready for long running Kali Mist just yet, so why not another skunk / indica? I'm thinking Warlock. It's been around for a long time, and from all I hear is some pretty strong stuff.

Hello Wreck,

Your little buds got all what big sister have, good resin amount, nice looking, and i think tasty too :)

What about your reveg runt ? Still alive ?

Thx for sharing ;)

Thanks for your comments, Silver and LaVie.

I think you are right, LaVieEnRose. My buds are small but righteous. If I do say so myself, I did an excellent job drying them. Way lower humidity than last time, so a completely different process, but the core idea of drying remains the same; slowly and evenly. I have the biggest ones packed away in a jar for a few weeks of undisturbed cure time. It's a small jar, lol.

The reveg was still alive when I tossed it. :)

Nice work Wrecks,

For 90 watt, this is a fair harvest.

Quality looks ok, besides the hermie bud.

That hermie part will be genetics, and not caused by the led.

Keep on doing your best

Grdz e$ko,

Thanks, E$ko. :)

I doubt I'll ever quit growing. Even if I won the lottery, I'd still grow my own, they'd just be bigger and better. :)

I have a simple plan now, so I thought I'd do a simple update as things are at the moment. There should be nothing too special coming up.

I'm going to flower 2 more rounds of Lemon Skunk.

gallery_6332_3373_202659.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_100969.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_95538.jpg

and the last run of Lemon Skunk. I'll flower the mother plant with the smallest ones in a couple of months. Should be pretty jungly by then.

The day these go to flower, I'll plant new seeds for the next round, and make sure to have rooted clones first... damnit! *note to self*

gallery_6332_3373_152811.jpg

Happy growing all. :)

Boy, I'm sure glad I brought up that "stir your nutes" topic. Although it put a spotlight on my own stupidity, I'm now excited to give the ones in flower a dose of freshly made veg nutes after one more watering. I'm tempted to do it now, but I know some stuff would've stayed full strength in that old solution, and I don't want to set up an imbalance / burning / bad craziness.

BTW, I had said I stirred them up and all seemed to dissolve back in. A couple of days later, I dumped the solution (sorry environment) and discovered a nice brown bed of crystals at the bottom. What a pisser. All this time, I've been doing a bad thing. :(

I wouldn't say my plants are hurting just yet, but they are wanting, and starting to consume too many older fans. I know some old fans die off naturally, but I'm sure this is the plant is starting to cannabalize itself. I'm OK with it, because although I should've learned / known this from day 1, I know now, and will go into my final round of Lemon Skunk with my best game yet.

Thought I'd do a veg update with what will be my next round. A little experimental maybe, but I've been going along these lines all the way through.

5 clones per pot, topped twice for a total of twenty potential budsites. They are topped once so far, and just about ready for their second topping.

This time, I topped after the 3rd or 4th node, so that there would be some lower leaf power left. It seems to help. The new shoots are coming out very evenly, because the plant has enough strength to support all the new growth.

All lower side branching is being scraped out as it emerges. Why all this, you ask?

I have a limited veg space, and this method keeps all the sites at the same height all of the time, and growth is all vertical; no bending / training in veg. I'd love to, but that is just not in the design of things. Maybe next round, when I move them into the flower room and start supercropping and training, I'll give them a week or two of 18 / 6 before going 12/12, to let them orient themselves and recover before light change.

Anyhoo, here's a shot of the back two. If you look closely, you can see the 5 plants / 10 mains per pot. One more topping, and 7 weeks to go. It's going to be a jungle. :)

gallery_6332_3373_3499205.jpg

Gee, thanks, Focal. What a nice thing to say. Yah, these lights have proved themselves to me, so any disasters will be my own fault.

cannabalize

I! WANT! THIS! ON! A! SHIRT!

• Like 1

Hey. :)

Everything has been feasting on tasty fresh nutes. :)

I have some pics @ 7 weeks flower / veg.

I left more growth lower down this round, considering the structure of the last round.

gallery_6332_3373_30521.jpg

Here are the three stations; 90 watts / station.

gallery_6332_3373_230111.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_132454.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_230694.jpg

I have enough decent weed on hand to last me another month, and then I'll finally be free of the need to score after next harvest. I'm so happy *sniff*

Taking care of the upcoming round. Here is one pot, typical of what all 3 are. 5 clones / topped twice / culled 4 for 16 sites. I've given them their final trimming. This round, I'm thinking of supercropping in the flower room, and then giving them 1 week of 24/0 before switching to flower. Whatever, I think they look promising.

gallery_6332_3373_250354.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_67317.jpg

(just had to get some blue in there :) )

Let us hope it will be legal one day. Can you imagine what you could grow in your back yard, with all the care and protection you could provide easily at home? mmm.

• Like 1

Hi Wrecks,

I'm surprised to see such healthy plants with a pure blue spectrum.

and then giving them 1 week of 24/0 before switching to flower.

why would you give them 24/0 for one week before the switch?

The dark period is useful for the roots developement so personally I would keep them in 18/6. But maybe you have a good reason to do that?

keep on the good work bro :verrygood

Greetz, Silva

Hey SS, thanks for stopping by. Eventually I plan on getting replacement lights. I think I will just stick to one all purpose type, so that I don't have to keep two kinds on hand.

Speaking of which, I was doing some looking the other day, and I see they are coming out with small LED's that have 3 watt diodes,and full spectrum including white, orange, infrared, and ultraviolet. I was never a huge proponent of LED's vs any other kind. It was the low heat and power consumption.

It's still buyer beware, but say if this one is what it claims to be, I think it would be a good light. http://www.aliexpres.../624948922.html

There's still a lot of BS surrounding LED's, but the marketplace will evolve; they're here to stay.

24/0 so I wouldn't have to reprogram my timer, lol.... but if I actually do that, I'll most likely stick with the 18/6. Don't want to confuse or shock them up to much either, I guess.

This round is very much the same as the last, only with all three stations, and maybe a bit more yield per station.

gallery_6332_3373_15241.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_185571.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_72954.jpg

I still have a ways to go in managing my soil and nutes, but all in all, I'm glad I stuck with this one strain for awhile. It has put up with a lot of experimentation from me, and I think the old Lemon Skunk is a real champ. It'll always have a special place in my heart, being my first.

And now the Lemon Skunk song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNx6X4-5Tw

• Like 1

Hello. :)

Biggest news I have is getting started on correcting my plummeting pH problem.

I was always getting a deficiency showing up in flower. Not severe, but getting worse with a gradually heavier nute routine. When I flowered the mother plant it really brought it to light, so that was actually a good thing.

Here's a shot from before... about 10 days ago. Mother plant is on the left. You can clearly see the pots below, and the stunting and sparse growth in the mother.

gallery_6332_3373_184622.jpg

Shortly after I took this, I did some careful soil pH testing. Mother plant was @ 5.6, and clones were just over 6. I took a 3/8" sharpened dowel and bored as many holes as I could down to the bottoms of all pots, and added lime. This took quite a while, and there was much crunching and snapping as I carefully repeatedly stabbed my soil.

Maybe adding lime @ soil mixing time would be easier?...... lol.

It was worth it, if only for the fact that I did something instead of watching my plants struggle. More than that, though, the mother has responded positively, and I see no signs at all of def. on the clones.

Here's the same station now. Mother is fattening up again. I'll take some loss, but they are only about 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12, so if they stay healthy, I should get my biggest crop to date. Probably taste and smell better also, finishing with a healthy pH.

gallery_6332_3373_25462.jpg

While I'm at it, here are the other two stations

gallery_6332_3373_58076.jpg

gallery_6332_3373_98224.jpg

I need a good last harvest of Lemon Skunk, because I'll probably be seeing a slowdown with my new strain. Godbud by Jordan of the Islands.

Actually, I don't like the name, so I won't be using it much. The reason I want to grow it, is because it is supposed to have a very nice smell and taste.

This is the first time I've started regular seeds, so hopefully I get a few females to look at. Germination, and initial leaf orientation went well.

Here they are (with OMG! lime in the soilz!)

gallery_6332_3373_19584.jpg

Sure nice to see growing things inside this time of year. Right now there is a 65 degree Celcius difference between the temp. outside, and in my veg. room. Youch!

Happy growing all! :)

• Like 1

thanks for sharing your adventue in growing Wrecks.. those jars look great and my guess is you had a a merry, lemon haze, Christmas :wave:

I look forward to the god bud grow :engel