•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

TheLMF

Disaster in the closet! Please help! ~Any advise/diagnosis would be greatly appreciated!~

So this is my first grow, and needless to say I'm screwing it up quite badly, and I waited far too long to post about it because I'm quite embarrassed at how bad they are looking... Luckily they are all unknown strains from random bag seeds since I saw this coming during my first grow. It's gotten to the point where I don't know where to start or even if my plants are salvageable.

I have 6 plants (in soil) on their 6th week of flowering under a 600W BlackStar Flowering LED panel by Lighthouse Hydro, and two 90W UFO's by BloomBoss. I use the Fox Farm lineup (all their products except SledgeHammer -> following their soil feeding schedule at half strength), Cal-Mag Plus from Botanicare, and Pro-TeKt by Dyna-Gro. I water them about every 4 days and give them notes every other watering. I also have two oscillating tower fans and a Boost Buddy for extra Co2.

The leaves had started curing and dying on the top and middle of the plant, but the bud sites remain unburned so I don't think it's light burn, but someone with experience in using LED's may know otherwise?

If ANYONE can give me ANY advice, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

I have never flushed my plants before, and i have been recently told I should be doing that a few times during it's life, could that be the problem?

THE PICTURES ARE NOW UP! I know... they look like starving african children. :unsure:

Pictures deployed! :tu

Is it easier for everyone if I upload the album, or each picture?

As the others said more info would be helpful and iam not familar whit foxfarm but that looks like npk deficenies to me. Whit the yellowin, raised edges and the brown curled tips. What ph are u running at? Size of the pots? First off get ur ph straight cause if thats of the plant cant get them nutes. Then slowly raise the nutes.

Oh Yea

You overdid it.

The plants look like they have burn from overfeeding. Ive done this.

Your not going to have time for these to really recover much at week six.

You can still finish em but the smoke wont be the best.

This will save you years of this happening.

Take the same pot size you are using now, and just get some plain potting soil. Nothing special no nutes no hydro gear no CO2 gadgets nothing but plants in regular potting mix.

For feeding, use nothing but a tomato spike in each plant.

Pot will grow just fine under these conditions.

This also means you can see a baseline for the stuff you are growing without having to play intensive care nurse all the time.

Once you get a harvest of it like that, you can add one thing at a time, and note your results good or bad idea and all that.

This will save you such a headache.

Ok ive read up on foxfarm. Thats some strong nutes and a hell of a lot of diffrent bottles.. So u proably killed them whit love instead despite the half in nutes and the co2 that should mean u could up the nutes. I would recommend u switch to hesi or some plant specifik nutes. I had some great results whit hesi and it makes it easier before u become the new sannie :)

Scone of Ark is very wise and IMO correct. Keep it simple. Soil very little nutes and just let the plant do its thing. Like fishing rods nutes are there to catch the fisherman not the fish (Doby Mick: pers comm 2012)

Thanks everyone for the help! Looks like I shoulda smothered them a bit less... :( I wish I jumped on here to get the advice I needed for all you lovely people earlier, rather than let the guys at the hydro store sell me 250 bucks worth of nutes. :blush:

Guest UfoDisclosure

Foxfarm products are intented for outdoor purposes. You really overfed them. If I were you I would throw it and restart, It will save you time honestly.

"Once you get a harvest of it like that, you can add one thing at a time, and note your results good or bad idea and all that.

This will save you such a headache."

+1

Using 10 different nutrient bottles is the worst start you can think of.

You need to understand the role of each nutrient in the growing process and when you understand this, it all becomes easy.

There are plenty of websites that explains it.

N is for the leaves and the growth

P for the roots

K for general vitality of the plants

Then you have the microbiological life in your soil that you need to create and feed.

This will protect the roots from infections.

So you use beneficial bacterias, the more the better

In the soil and in the watering solution. You can't burn plants with beneficial bacterias

Then you have the products that help these micro-organisms to reproduce

Carbo-hydrates, amino acids..

Micro-elements like micronutrients and vitamins

Feed with NPK only once or twice every 3 waterings, buy some buffer tablets so that you don't have to adjust pH

And get a "thermo-hygro stat", a humidifier, dehumidifier, a good air intake and outake

And that's it

You don't need Pro tekt in flower. Feed half recommended strength. I would just use plain water and maybe molasses til harvest. Let the plant use up the nutes.

Thanks guys for the help. I will definitely take it nice and simple next time.

Every one here who was first time grower made same mistakes,you will make next time much better,dont be shy to ask,here you can found lot of good people who will take their time to give you a help.Just easy on mineral nutes,its a common mistake when people start to growing.

@LMF i have been using FF line like you and the others are correct but the directions say 1/2 to 1 teaspoon, if you use1/4 you are usally safe. Big Bloom i use at full strengh. Some strains can handle more but you have to be very careful!!!!! I am planning on trying sannies method as soon as i can afford to try. I am just using these up and trying to get the best out of this method before trying sannies way! That way i will be able to compare each method properly. See which works best for me since im still a little new at indoor growing also.