•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

foodstuffs

The best thing you ever bought for less than $100?

I have been having neck problems for the last couple of years.

Waking up with a sore neck, that crackles and pops when i try to straighten it out. And having a sore neck in the evening, which causes headaches.

So, i decide to buy a latex pillow...... and so far, it seems like 'Problem Solved'. :)

I had tried to buy thick good quality pillows in the past but the just don't seem to cushion my head and neck at all compared to my $35 latex pillow.

If anyone else has neck problems, i highly reccommend trying one.

It is the best thing i have bought in a long time. :)

If anyone else want's to share other great things for under $100?

Man, it's hard to beat a good pillow. Paid $50 for a memory foam pillow about five years ago. Not one of those contoured ones but just a standard shape pillow made from memory foam. Like you I was having neck issues and the pillow solved them right away. My girlfriend is always stealing it, I should get her one.

Another sub $100 item that I think is well worth it is a good pocket knife with a clip. A benchmade, spyderco or kershaw knife that you can have in your pocket at all times is invaluable and once you've carried one for a while it's hard to imagine life without it. Keep it clean, sharp and don't misuse it and you could be handing it down to your child some day.

2 Bachmann 256** Class A Two-Cylinder T-Boiler, Two-Truck Shay Loco series trains for 35 dolllars in original box and wrappers. Retail 200-300 dollars each today. Been in the box and unused for several years since I bought them. Value has gone up 50% since I bought them.

The two tanks of gas it took to drive from Arizona to California and meet my wife for the first time.

A D40 Nikon for 100 euro, including storage bag and 1 Ultra sd card from 2 gig.

3 months old, 27 pics only taken with it.

Sold second hand to me from a lady, who said to me this big camera did not fit in her handbag!!!!!!!

The invoice is included (i have proof its not stolen = important), and i still have 20 months waranty right now.

Grdz e$ko,

E$ko made bestbuy till now,muahahaha,she cant put this big camera in handbag and she never think to buy bigger bag,its not her style :P .

gotta say the seeds I got from sannies shop lol. spent around $80 and ended up with like 20 seeds of amazing strains. Can't be happier with that. I don't spend money on much other than canna gear and engine parts

Well since my nr 1 broadbitch ebola was a gift ill have too say the seeded bag of weed that promted Me to start growing either that or the pack of kali mist or perhaps my set tojori senoku knife set that i picked up at a yard sale for roughly 100$ the young couple who sold them said the was a gift but not sharp enough lol got to love dumb ppl!!!

i got a longboard from friend for $70, never having used one before. It is awesome, super easy to pick up (especially after snowboarding) and way more fun and comfortable than biking. Its a blast on hills too.

definitely payed itself back (many times over) on gas saved and great for the summer

now im looking to sell it for a better, more downhill oriented one

I once got a Nikon F100 ( that looked like it had been to war and back ) and a Nikon 85mm f1.4 lens for $100.

She said I could have it cheap because it didn't have zoom. I used the camera and lens for years and when it came time to sell it, I got 200 for the body and 900 for the lens. My biggest regret was selling them though, absolutely the best equipment I ever had in my hands. I once hammered a nail with that camera.. and hit some crackhead that was trying to jump me in downtown LA one night.

Still can't believe I sold that camera.

Otherwise for about 7.99, a big box of multi color multi size zip ties makes me pretty happy. I don't know what people did before zip ties.

21929-cable-zip-ties-1.jpg

oh... and the wire cutters I got for $17 with a lifetime warrantee... every 6 months I put in an RMA and they send me a new pair :)

1 batch of seeds, buffer tabs and freebees for under 100 bucks aint too shabby either... I've bought that more than a few times!

I realized my water pipe was less than a 100, only 96 with a coupon i used. i pride myself in patiently spotting the best one in the store too, straight tube, earlenmeyer bottom, and added an inline water ashcatcher to it. the whole thing is clear and when its clean it looks CLEAN. a guy working at the store saw me putting it together and was like "damn dude that's sick"

"yea, i know"

I'm with you, the samyboy, on those zip ties. It seems like half my grow room is held together with them. :whistle:

Edit: I may as well add something to the thread, while I'm commenting. While I'm on the topic of the grow room, I was thinking just yesterday how one of my favorite purchases has been ratchet hangers (for lights, etc.) I use these for everything I don't use zip ties for (and for some things I use both).

This thread has been popular. I didn't think there would be so much traffic in here. :)

Yes Silver Mullet, I wish i had bought this latex pillow a long time ago. I would have paid a lot more if i had to. It is a cheap price to pay to wake up without a sore neck every morning.

A Nikon D40 for $100? I had a look on google and they are listed as $800. I think you got lucky E$ko. Are you sure the lady wasn't hoping to get lucky too? Just kidding.

Clepter may have had the best value though. :specool

A one speed Schwinn 26" bicycle. I rode it for 10 years including a trip from Pennsylvania to St.Catherines in Canada.

A one speed Schwinn 26" bicycle. I rode it for 10 years including a trip from Pennsylvania to St.Catherines in Canada.

That's no small travel! how long did that take you ?

speaking of bikes...

the 80 bucks I spent on "Specialized Armadillo tires" seemed like a lot but was worth it.The week after I switched them out for some new ( and more expensive ) michelin tires - i got a flat. I've bought several sets of the armadillo tires by now, my current ones are about 7,500 miles in and the look great. I have them on my trainer bike, I've probably put at least 40k on that model tire, haven't had a flat yet!

I sold it, but the race bike used to get new tires every 2 weeks and even then, flats were just a fact of life.

Something similar to this badass have it since forever now , still use it daily to train my dog for a run through the beachside :showoff: if i paid for it or accidently took it at the trainstation ? i cant remember but it whas cheap tho

gallery_7254_3122_9177.jpg

they just don't make 'em like they used to. 'nuff said

A ticket to a club night @ esparadise in Ibiza where i met my soulemate.

Currently a 15 year summer romance that just keeps going.

:hug:

"That's no small travel! how long did that take you?"

3 days up, 3 days back. I was 16 at the time. We rode till dark then drank canadian beer and would sleep in the weeds some where. One morning I woke up in a bed with a woman, I think my virginity was still intact.

In the 1990s I had a Sannino with Shimano gear that did many trips up Mt. Wilson.

spirit airline used to have this deal every year around easter where plane trips to jamaica were only $9.00. $18.00 round trip. glad i took full advantage of it every year they had it

spirit airline used to have this deal every year around easter where plane trips to jamaica were only $9.00. $18.00 round trip. glad i took full advantage of it every year they had it

18 bucks round trip? wow

I'll just day dream what that could have been like... jamaica in april - here i come

:lol:

It is not really like that, just like Ryan Air. My Airplane ticket from my location to London, Ireland, Portugal etc ... is advertised at 1 € :P

BUT .... Just read, and at the end it cost you 50 ... One way... and the return 200 :lol:

More 10$ each pound over weight etc etc

Don't let people believe they can have a 1000$ trip for nothing ;)