•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Budding Breeder

New seed companies and strains reviews...

some unique stuff from ace and the other Spanish breeders there panama strain to top notch to

The stuff I have seen from Ace seeds is not even close to the real thing. He makes hybrids that flower out inside 11-12 weeks. Half the time a 100% pure strain would take. This is real red here. 6 months minimum outdoors under 12/12 sun. Even combining a Panama and a Punta Rojo he is not going to find a 12 week strain. It has something else in it. I can call a horse a duck but that doesn't make it a duck.

gallery_3164_1846_85736.jpg

The stuff I have seen from Ace seeds is not even close to the real thing. He makes hybrids that flower out inside 11-12 weeks. Half the time a 100% pure strain would take. This is real red here. 6 months minimum outdoors under 12/12 sun. Even combining a Panama and a Punta Rojo he is not going to find a 12 week strain. It has something else in it. I can call a horse a duck but that doesn't make it a duck.

gallery_3164_1846_85736.jpg

that looks nice ............................................ and hey maybe he under estimates his flower times for retail purpose's !

or like you say maybe hes lieing and there laced with indica genetics ......................... although i aint seen many.if any negative threads about there strains !

and the golden tiger i had indoors had no indica at all in it from what i could tell ............................... maybe your just wrong ?

• Like 1

There is always the chance I am wrong. His strain Panama definately has some of a lavender Colombia landrace in it. This is the 100% pure lavender.

Notice how small the buds are. Pay very close attention to the leaf-sets. Now compare this with his. It is not even close. My photos are as real as 100% sativa's can get. These will go 6 months and some will go even longer. I am not saying it isn't a good strain of what he mixed. I am saying it is not 100% pure like he is claiming. Something sped these plants up in double-time. When he first brought the strain out he said it had Punta Rojo in it along with some Panama green I believe. Now the description is 3 types of Panama. What gives? Same strain name, same strain breeder, different description now. This is the problem with marketing. Some people will say anything to sell their product be it ethical or not. He talks about saving and preserving the landraces. I don't see him saying jack shit about putting his own boots on the ground to do this. This in itself raises questions. Without documentation it is nothing more than some good bagseeds he found and has been working.

Two different strain descriptions of same named strain.

DESCRIPTION

Our Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama and Colombia. It's a hybrid with strong vegetative vigour adapted to southern climates and indoor grows. It produces beautiful large and dense <<<<(wrong)flowers full of trichomes often showing reddish and pinkish shades when flowering. Its aroma and effects remind us of the best red Colombian and Panamanian sativas from the 70's.

Our Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama. It is one of the most popular, powerful and high yielding sativa in our catalogue. Very elaborated hybrid of great potency and vegetative vigor. It produces beautiful, large, dense flowers <<<<<<(this could not be farther from the truth) full of trichomes often showing reddish and pinkish shades when flowering. Its aroma and effect are reminiscent of the best red Colombian and Panamanian sativas from the 70s.

The key word is reminiscent, i.e. reminding or suggestive of, aka, this reminds me of how easy it is to get screwed over the internet.

I would like one of the breeders here to tell me how mixing 3 plants with 22+ week flower times can be broken down to 11-12 weeks.

I don't want to come off like an ass but I take this very seriously. When I go into the bush I do not know when or if I am coming back. It is my extreme sport. I am not Arjan and Franco or others like them and have the money to go on safe vacations and call it strain-hunting.

Soon, all of this will be put to rest. This is all I have to say about these people with small eggs in their basket.

This is 100% pure lavender Colombian. Only the color is similar.

gallery_3164_1846_33442.jpg

• Like 1

I had a friend, he ran some 30 or 40 beans from Ave.

Some of the Thai haze and some of the African Crosses if I remember correctly

Phenos were all over the map, lots of fluff and things that took way longer then stated ( a few were 12 weeks, many were 14-16 weeks )

But not in a good way... I'd come over to help him trim ( pretty easy on some that had no leaves and some were INSANE leafy )

After 5 hours we didn't have much scissor hash and he was really depressed, he was hoping the thai in the back of the tent was denser, plant after plant was disappointing.

I tried to tell him he should be proud to have taken that many plants to 14+ weeks without having any comit suicide, go deficient, hermie...

that didn't cut it for him...

After drying, he was so mad he turned it all to hash.

Maybe good batches and not so good batches?

There is always the chance I am wrong. His strain Panama definately has some of a lavender Colombia landrace in it. This is the 100% pure lavender.

Notice how small the buds are. Pay very close attention to the leaf-sets. Now compare this with his. It is not even close. My photos are as real as 100% sativa's can get. These will go 6 months and some will go even longer. I am not saying it isn't a good strain of what he mixed. I am saying it is not 100% pure like he is claiming. Something sped these plants up in double-time. When he first brought the strain out he said it had Punta Rojo in it along with some Panama green I believe. Now the description is 3 types of Panama. What gives? Same strain name, same strain breeder, different description now. This is the problem with marketing. Some people will say anything to sell their product be it ethical or not. He talks about saving and preserving the landraces. I don't see him saying jack shit about putting his own boots on the ground to do this. This in itself raises questions. Without documentation it is nothing more than some good bagseeds he found and has been working.

Two different strain descriptions of same named strain.

DESCRIPTION

Our Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama and Colombia. It's a hybrid with strong vegetative vigour adapted to southern climates and indoor grows. It produces beautiful large and dense <<<<(wrong)flowers full of trichomes often showing reddish and pinkish shades when flowering. Its aroma and effects remind us of the best red Colombian and Panamanian sativas from the 70's.

Our Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama. It is one of the most popular, powerful and high yielding sativa in our catalogue. Very elaborated hybrid of great potency and vegetative vigor. It produces beautiful, large, dense flowers <<<<<<(this could not be farther from the truth) full of trichomes often showing reddish and pinkish shades when flowering. Its aroma and effect are reminiscent of the best red Colombian and Panamanian sativas from the 70s.

The key word is reminiscent, i.e. reminding or suggestive of, aka, this reminds me of how easy it is to get screwed over the internet.

I would like one of the breeders here to tell me how mixing 3 plants with 22+ week flower times can be broken down to 11-12 weeks.

I don't want to come off like an ass but I take this very seriously. When I go into the bush I do not know when or if I am coming back. It is my extreme sport. I am not Arjan and Franco or others like them and have the money to go on safe vacations and call it strain-hunting.

Soon, all of this will be put to rest. This is all I have to say about these people with small eggs in their basket.

This is 100% pure lavender Colombian. Only the color is similar.

gallery_3164_1846_33442.jpg

its a good point .................. but still he seems to be one of the very few seed banks doing pure ................... or pureish lol sativa's ........................... now i dont mean ibl's of land races , i mean pure sativa hybrids .......................................... it is a good piont though how do you get 19 to 20 week strains down to 12 ? .......................................... either lies ? .............................. or indicas ? ........................ witch would mean lies again

''

Our Panama hybrid has been developed with different Panama and Colombian strains. It is a serious breeding project of 5 years.

We have combined an old Panama sativa from the 70s, a 'green' Panama grown there nowadays and colombian red point.

Original tropical panama and colombians varieties need 4-5 mounths to flower and produce fluffy buds. But we have been working very hard to reduce the size, flowering times, to increase yields, bud density and resin formation of the original panama lines in our hybrid. We have also adapt the genetics to colder environments and have reduced light requeriments.

Our Panama it's a vigorous and manageable sativa that can be grown indoors and in great variety of climates. She flowers in about 10-11 weeks producing very dense, resinous and aromatic high quality sativa buds.

There are 2 phenos in the population, being both quite frequent: the green and the red pheno.

The red pheno grows very bushy. Its young pistils have a characteristic red colour (and not the whitish classic colour ), and then magenta when they are mature. The high is strong, dense and psychedelic.

The green pheno is lighter in colour, has wider leaf and thicker stems. The grown pattern is a little bit more columnar but still with very good branching.

The green pheno flowers with the classic white pistils. The strong crystal formation and the light colour makes a nice combination of green and white.The high is a little bit clearer and more energetic than the red panamas.

Both phenos have similar size, potency, bud density, resin formation and similar flowering times, finishing at mid October in temperate climates. The aromas are sweet, earthy with great terpene density and quality.

Pics of the green pheno growing outdoors. ''

this is from the horse's mouth so to speak

Interesting stuff iam following whit great intrest. 12 weeks smells fishy and reading about tibs trips allover collecting strains makez atleast me belive him. To bad that the ace strain breeder cant be straight whit his genetics esp if they hold up.

Greets

BB

But what genetic did they use to take 3 strains all from the tropics, all of which typically are 14-16 weeks minimum and get it down to 10-11 weeks?

I understand they are working on this for 5 years, but growing a strain for longer doesn't reduce the flowering time.

What did they introduce to shorten the flowering time?

Selections don't turn tall plants into short ones, fluffy buds to dense ones.

The short trait and dense buds trait has to be in the genetics...selections eliminate the other phenos... but you don't create new features

I haven't grown them so I don't know... I just don't understand their explanation.

But I'm not saying that even at 12 weeks this could be the most intense sativa experience one could get...

But what genetic did they use to take 3 strains all from the tropics, all of which typically are 14-16 weeks minimum and get it down to 10-11 weeks?

I understand they are working on this for 5 years, but growing a strain for longer doesn't reduce the flowering time.

What did they introduce to shorten the flowering time?

Selections don't turn tall plants into short ones, fluffy buds to dense ones.

The short trait and dense buds trait has to be in the genetics...selections eliminate the other phenos... but you don't create new features

I haven't grown them so I don't know... I just don't understand their explanation.

But I'm not saying that even at 12 weeks this could be the most intense sativa experience one could get...

there not short plants there tall lanky sativa plants ............................................ and i dont know to be honest , i know selective breeding can reduce flowering times ............................... maybe the modern 'green' panama' that grows there today is laced with indica , im not sure !

its gettin steller reviews over at ic mag anyway .............................. so ?

its a good topic though ....................... good to hear diff theorys

True selective breeding can give shorter flowering time and denser buds. However getting the full package in that switch in active genom is a massive task calling for some serious numbers and a impressive selection process to get a ibl landrace to go from tibs estimated 6 months down to 3. Crossbreedning seems a more valid explanation.

The change in the buzz between indica and sativa i bilive collerates whit its flowering time there are exception to this rule some African sativas for exampel being the first to pop into my mind as an example off a realy fast but still sativa that could perhaps been brought in to the mix. The hazes and other "sativas" are not pure sativa and they often look and buzzes like a real sativa atleast to me who hasent seen the real deal. It simply comes down to experince.

The indica could lay in the background helping out but not showing to much well except for denser buds and shorter flowering time, but if you breed that stock it can be more easily detected. But if shes pure sativa it should stay true.

Greets

BB

I have no doubt that people would get very high and enjoy a 12 or 14 week sativa, even if it wasn't PURE, it can still be great smoke

But that has nothing to do with the fact that the breeder is lying about what's going on... or being elusive at the very least

These strains flower for so long because of the environment and because nature and local people have been selecting for a long time...

it would be the first panama anything to flower in 50% the time of everything else in the region.

Each land race comes from a particular region, or just 1 mountain side or 1 particular valley.

If that strain has been inbreeding on that mountain side for 500 years, I don't see how a selection would change the flowering time.

Select the fastest female and male -let say they represent 16 weeks flowering.

Breed them and you'll get plants that flower in 16 weeks like mom and dad AND all the recessive genes which flowers longer

You could continue your selections and come out with something stable: every pheno finishes in 16 weeks.

but if the genes to take it down to 14 or 12 weren't 'available' in the original landrace, you're never going to create it.

Nothing wrong with taking these exotics, breeding them and stabilizing a little bit, introducing a mild sativa into the genetics and working a few years at picking and matching females & males to get something representative of your land race with a bit short flo time...

But don't tell me you took 3 horses and ended up with a zebra

All you had to say was IC Mag. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

you lost any credibility you had with that post ....................................... like it or not ic mag has some the best oldest most experienced growers on the web ...................... a hell of allot of og refugees over there .................. names you will remember from the og 'over grown ' days !

i don't buy into petty bias's and fanboyisum ................................ maybe a should of said roll it up or the farm lol ................ ?

Your opinion of my credibility means neither Jack nor Shit to me. I am done with this thread. We will see who knows what and goes where little man. Hang around till the end of the year and bear witness.

Cannabis proably came from Asia, somwhere in Pakistan, India or Bangladesh perhaps. From its birthplaces it has spread so it can be done. However unlikley it might seem mother nature had perhaps 6-7000 years to get it done but i belive man can shorten that consedribly. Also man pick and choose and gives the enviroment to suit the plant in the ewild its the other way around that also speeds things up.

I agree fully whit everything else you said.

Greetz

BB

Your opinion of my credibility means neither Jack nor Shit to me. I am done with this thread. We will see who knows what and goes where little man. Hang around till the end of the year and bear witness.

im not talking your knowledge in growing ! ................... im talking how your bias's restrict your views,to dismiss something just because its from a forum you don't like , well its ignorant .............. and i wanna bear witness ............... if i like what i witness ill even buy it lol .................... good luck

A friend of mine that's been growing only his clones for a few years was gifted some Barney's new stock last year, including the Tangerine Dream, LSD and red dragon. He said the phenos were very varied and very different feeders.

He didn't get any hermies but the Tangerine was not tasty and strechy but not sativa at all.

The LSD looked like older packaging but he got only 2 females and neither were anything worthy.

He kept a couple Red dragon phenos to run again but the mothers tended to autoflower very easy so he tossed 'em.

I would go somewhere else :whistle:

What's your favorite indica and favorite sativa

Have to agree on the Tangerine Dream, has to be one of the most overhyped strains of all time. Not helped by the hermie issues either.

Ive been growing out Underground originals stuff over the last year. Their blues is good and very close to the original clone only version (which i have). Currently growing their/ot1s smile, looks good so far but its going to be a few weeks before its done.

Im looking to get into breeding myself, ive got the 2 most sought after cuts in the uk (exodus cheese and the livers blues) and it would be criminal if i didnt try to cross them at some point. The ultimate blue cheese maybe

How's that blues holding up against the cheese?

I'd call it exodus blues....

Greets

BB

you lost any credibility you had with that post ....................................... like it or not ic mag has some the best oldest most experienced growers on the web ...................... a hell of allot of og refugees over there .................. names you will remember from the og 'over grown ' days !

i don't buy into petty bias's and fanboyisum ................................ maybe a should of said roll it up or the farm lol ................ ?

they do have a lot of smart, experienced growers .... who are outnumbered 20 - 1 by a bunch of shouting juveniles who think they know JS

I exaggerate a little, not much

• Like 1

Sorry to revive this old thread but it popped up first in my google search :)

Jordan of the islands, has anyone done his purple kush? how does it compare to the "clone only" Canadian purple kush?

PK from Canada was always a major favorite indica of mine :)

His rep is as solid as it gets, like sanniesshop ;)

I read some postings from 2014 January that said things were not so great after he got busted. it was a few posts in passing. I will have to research it more before buying