•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Padawan

Sannies Jack Re: Topping

Have a cpl of Sannies jack f6's goin and was thinkin of topping them due to 6 ft ceilings ,They are 3 and a half weeks old from seed and wont be ready to go into flower for about 2 to 3 more weeks.Is there any reason i shouldnt top it and if i dont will i run out of space during the stretch . If anyone who has grown sannies jack and topped it could give me a heads up that'd be great

Thanks

• Like 1

I've had a few SJ F6's and they have grown well topped. I flowered one about 2 years ago and I've got another couple in the flower room right now at 4 1/2 weeks flowering. I'm glad I topped them. They are not done stretching yet and are about 45 inches above the dirt. And they make nice big multi-cola plants. Good luck and enjoy that awesome smoke. If you've never had it, you're in for a treat.

• Like 1

SJ responds well to everything, except over fertilization.

Let's see, another 2-3 weeks until flower, then 13 weeks for flowering, a week to dry and, oh I guess 3 weeks of cure should be adequate...

So padawan, I should schedule my visit to Canada for early December?

Ran 3 SJ fems a month a go, toped two and left one alone, the untopped one was like a tree.

Main cola was about 24 inchs and as thick as a liter bottle

The topped ones all had five or six big cola's.

• Like 1

SJ responds well to everything, except over fertilization.

Let's see, another 2-3 weeks until flower, then 13 weeks for flowering, a week to dry and, oh I guess 3 weeks of cure should be adequate...

So padawan, I should schedule my visit to Canada for early December?

Damn man you had to lay it out like that now not only do i have xmas to look forward to but these as well. I only have 2 Sannies Jack F6 and 2 Free Kush fingers are crossed for females.Not sure what the prob is but my first time using the propagator i got 19 of 20 germinated and now the last 2 times i have only got 7 out of 40 germinated . I topped them all last night to try and keep them short i will be bending and training them as they veg to try and keep them low as possible.

Ran 3 SJ fems a month a go, toped two and left one alone, the untopped one was like a tree.

Main cola was about 24 inchs and as thick as a liter bottle

The topped ones all had five or six big cola's.

So no real difference in yield just one big and a few smalls as opposed to 5 or 6 more uniform size ? Or did the ones you topped yield less?

You can top or fim sannie's jack as much as you want, she will even like it !

Jack can grow to imense proportions so dont wait to long putting here into flower

Good luck with your jacks

greetz sannie

• Like 1

Thanks for the input everyone i topped the Jacks and Free Kush a few days ago after transplanting to 5 gallon pots i will likely top the jacks once more before i induce flower or pop it in the flower room early to have it finish in the same time as the rest next run. I still need to get clones off them to keep incase one is worth keeping around. I also put some choc rain choc mix and nycd x kolossus in the propagator my second failed attempt :( I think it must of not been warm enough since the first time i had condensation inside and the last 2 times none. I got one nycd x kolossus and 2 choc rain but they are barely above soil so they will have to wait til next one

I love lemon and haze and i already have a jacks cleaner 2 female that is a lemon cleaner resin monster but its a bitch to trim and produces way too much leaf compared to bud to be a room filler but more so a headstash plant to grow a cpl of each run considering most ppl that smoke it experience extreme anxiety and paranoia something i dont mind in a strain . Although the anxiety qualities can be mellowed out by letting it go longer it will usually spit nanners if left past 9 weeks

Just finishing up a run of Joey Weeds c99 and TGA;s Jilly Bean then on to the Free Kush and Sannies Jack.

I will try to do a grow report but i tend to slack on anything that doesnt include actually looking after the plants

Thanks again for the input and checkin out my thread.As always the vibe is just so awesome here.

So it's been awhile and the free kush is dry and in a jar curing they both ended up female one a herijuana dom pheno and the other looks like a bubba kush plant. To give an idea i got 7 g's of bho from 30 g's of small dry nug untrimmed. Herijuana pheno got pulled around 50 days due to male parts forming on the underside of a few flowers and the bubba looking pheno went 60 being the better of the 2 in yield appearance and potency dept. I will get some pics of the finished free kush pheno up soon.

Now on to the sannies jack f6. I ended up with one female of SJ . Even topped and tied down i ran out of space and had to raise my light as high as i could and turn it down to 600w from 1000w to keep from scorching the tops. It seems to have light bleached it a bit but its going strong and is 75 days in. Just last week it started to foxtail is this a common trait or due to my light being so close ? As of today 75 days the trichs are mostly milky a few still clear and the very odd amber if you look hard and long.

How much longer should i give her if any lat all. A small lower clipped off last week was potent but short lived and had a strong lemon haze catpiss aroma even being quick dried over 2 days with a dehumidifier in a hot room with a fan. I've grown quite a few diff indica dominant plants that finish up in 65 days or less but this is the first time ive taken a sativa dominant plant past 10 weeks of flowering any info from other that have grown SJ F6 is appreciated. Here is a pic of at 75 days28ul72x.jpg

Edited by Padawan

She's a huge producer. Mine went 90+ days, and was the most heavily fox tailed plant I've grown. Wait it out, it's very well worth it.

Yes!!!! Just in time, got around 20 of these to run and find some mothers and a good breeding dad or two - got some pure indica from uzbekistan, kaui electric x m10, and a couple of others i'd love to hit with a nice Jack - especiallly a Sannies,Jack!! Been looking forward to this a long time sannie!!

Padawan - nice work bro, keep the faith - you've almost made it!! when she's done you will definitely be happy - this is one of those strains that really lives up to its rep!! (or so I've been told by everyone i know - can't wait to find out for myself)!! Only 10 to 15 days to go!!