How do you post a picture?

37 replies to this topic

#1 BioHazardChronic

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Growing top quality chronic and breeding some real potent strains.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

I hope someone can explain to me what I need to do to post a picture in a new topic or reply. I started a topic to show my new room, and I couldnt figure out how to post a picture. I appreciate any help given.

#2 yeti

recovering idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

I'd like to know also. I've spent six hours trying to post pics a wile a go.tried to follow instructions but can't find the same pages that are in the instructions. Maybe just describe the pick in the mean time.

#3 Vito

Living the depressive life. --> (unstable)!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Dont know if this help.

View PostWhazzup, on 16 May 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

- pull down under your userid "my settings"
- select tab gallery: create new album on the right side.

or:

When in an album click upload, you have a choice to create a new album there.

Kuroneko (黒猫様) is a black Vaporizing Cat who reoccurs in
the background, of oil rig and vaporizers, Enjoying them big time.

-A dab, the most powerful extension of the fucking human brain cells-

#4 twizzle

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

How to post a picture:

Step 1. Copy BBCode
Posted Image

Step 2. Paste BBCode
Posted Image

Step 3. Click preview post to make sure image is working correctly (preview should look something like below)
Posted Image

Done.

How to post an album:

Step 1. Click my media
Posted Image

Step 2. Choose an album
Posted Image

Step 3. Click preview post to make sure album is working correctly
Posted Image

Done

#5 Budding Breeder

Cannabis Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Science, genetics (mj and k9), mma and fotball. And pretty much anything mj is fun and intersting. Well except trimming...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Lol Iam sorry my humor might be wacked but i find it very funny that i can only see one of your pictures twizzle...

Greetz

BB
Rip my beautiful girls...

Ebola the pit

Ebola the pot

#6 Don Joe

Organic Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Growing best strains avaible to human in 21 century,all organic,no pesticides,no funghicides,enjoying in nature and respecting a life.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thats because you work for LEO,no body want to share pics with PIG.

Dubito ergo cogito

#7 Budding Breeder

Cannabis Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Science, genetics (mj and k9), mma and fotball. And pretty much anything mj is fun and intersting. Well except trimming...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

Well nice to see you to dj. So sending pm whit insults didnt cut it. But its nice that you do it in public aswell :) Good vibes lol

Greetz

BB

Ebola the pit

Ebola the pot

#8 yeti

recovering idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Step #1 take 4 bong hits. Step #2 organize my stash box. Step #3- take a couple more bong hits. Step #4 turn on the computer. Step #5- go to forum. Step #5- take a bong hit or two, well maybe 3. Step #6 find twizzles post. Strip #7- remember first step. Step #8- take another bong hit. Step #9 get a cold frosty one. Step #10-do twizzles step #1...... get the picture? It's not as easy as you make it seem.

#9 Don Joe

Organic Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Growing best strains avaible to human in 21 century,all organic,no pesticides,no funghicides,enjoying in nature and respecting a life.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

You said that police catch you so now you must to wash your hands thru mission they give you,you dont have any pic in your album and you take name in wich you refer as breeder,so everything is lie,i am 100% sure you work for LEO,i feel stink even i am thousends kilometers from you,agent-provocateur is your true name.

Dubito ergo cogito

#10 Budding Breeder

Cannabis Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

Well dj i dont want to Fuck up another thread whit you and i going back and forth. I got sum seeds i just bought if you want to se those. But i honestly dont think it would matter either. Belive what you want do as you please if you want to countinue this back and forth and insult me i suggest u start a new thread ill be there i promise. I will also countinue talking whit you on pm. But i will not countinue on others threads....

Greetz

BB

Ebola the pit

Ebola the pot

#11 yeti

recovering idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

thanks vito, i created an album. but the "choose file" button doesnt work on my touch screen or am i missing something.

#12 Vito

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Did make some print screens.
i can not find 4twizzle photo to add but thank men.

I can not show 1 begin step to create a album i already have some but will try todo my best to help out.
Remember my English is not that great please bare with that thanks.

Step1 pull down the user tab.
Posted Image

Step2 choose or make a album.
Posted Image

Step3 here you choose the file or make a new album or choose a other album already make.
Posted Image

Step4 choose file that need to be uploaded and hit upload.
When uploaded more photo you need to add them here one by one.
Posted Image
Step5 now you can watch if there are no bad or the same photo here you can still delete it.
Then hit the Review & Publish button.
Posted Image

Step6 review screen.
Posted Image

Step7 go to the photo that need to be add a reply can copy the image link.
Posted Image

Step8 there are two ways to add a image 1 is to use the image symbol.
Posted Image

Step9 a other way is to toggle to edit mode en use the [ img ] [/ img] tag with no space.
Posted Image

Step10 the end.
Posted Image

@yeti
What browsers you using and any tools with it?

/Vito

Hope it help a bit.

#13 yeti

recovering idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks a ton for all the instructions. I am not to knowledgeable about.computers and lm not going to have time right away to figure thus out .hot some summer run steelhead trout I'm smoking along with fine ganja. I've made progress and will chip away at this posting pictures process. I've got a zillion pics on thus computer. It's windows xp on a laptop using my new cell phone as the modem. I can brows and click the pick but there is no upload button. Isle the pic address info in the window next to the brows button but nice upload button. Thanks again

#14 Wrecks

goes to eleven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2703 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Very nice of you to take the time to do this, Vito. Looks like you've explained it very well. :)

#15 inkog77

mexican boarders

• Ex-member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1885 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

i dont understand!!!!!!! :withstupid: :dribble: :likken: :jump: :jump: :jump:
ink

#16 Vito

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

Hahaha stoned or zODd this Vito because there is already a awesome threat.
How To Post Pictures On This Forum

/Vito

#17 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

It's pretty much self explaining if you don't take yetis advice :D

First find your gallery, then find the upload button nd take it form there. You have the choice to publish in an existing album or create a new one.

For the fastest upload scale your pictures to max 1200 pixels (width or height), it is no use to upload anything higher as this takes a lot of bandwidth, upload time and processing time of the server to scale it to the correct size. I have seen people upload 10 12 MB files directly from their cam, that is not the way to do it!

If you are not savvy with editors I can recommend Picasa. It is free, offers more than basic editing and correction, and it allows you to select a few pictures at the same time and export them in any quality and size you want to any directory on your pc with the click of a button.

- Select the pictures in picasa (press green "hold" button left bottom to keep a selected picture in the selection area left bottom)
- Click the export button in the middle of the lower bar and slide to 1200 pixels / 85% in the export dialog, to scale and export the selected pictures (export directory is suggested to you)
- Then when uploading select the scald selection of pictures from that export directory and they will fly from your pc to the forum.

Instead of exporting you can do all kinds of things with the selected pictures. You can for example make a slide show, a mosaic or a movie with them. You can upload them to a picasa (google+) album, you can scale and email them, add them to a specific album etc etc. I have used Picasa since it's very first beta version and it is a great tool for those who are not very savvy with the PC and editing software. It has more than enough functionality for the average and advanced user to organize and shape up their pictures.

Oh, did I mention it also features a great movie upload feature to youtube?

One of the GREAT features of Picasa is that is uses non-destructive editing, which means that your original pictures will not be changed. In the export all the applied edits will be committed to those files, but you can still undo every edit of every original picture in your Picasa album and your original files will NOT be changed. For example you can cut out a detail and export it for a close up, but then undo that crop in Picasa so you still have the original picture.

http://picasa.google.com/

#18 Sunbiz1

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostWhazzup, on 13 August 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

It's pretty much self explaining if you don't take yetis advice :D

First find your gallery, then find the upload button nd take it form there. You have the choice to publish in an existing album or create a new one.

For the fastest upload scale your pictures to max 1200 pixels (width or height), it is no use to upload anything higher as this takes a lot of bandwidth, upload time and processing time of the server to scale it to the correct size. I have seen people upload 10 12 MB files directly from their cam, that is not the way to do it!

If you are not savvy with editors I can recommend Picasa. It is free, offers more than basic editing and correction, and it allows you to select a few pictures at the same time and export them in any quality and size you want to any directory on your pc with the click of a button.

- Select the pictures in picasa (press green "hold" button left bottom to keep a selected picture in the selection area left bottom)
- Click the export button in the middle of the lower bar and slide to 1200 pixels / 85% in the export dialog, to scale and export the selected pictures (export directory is suggested to you)
- Then when uploading select the scald selection of pictures from that export directory and they will fly from your pc to the forum.

Instead of exporting you can do all kinds of things with the selected pictures. You can for example make a slide show, a mosaic or a movie with them. You can upload them to a picasa (google+) album, you can scale and email them, add them to a specific album etc etc. I have used Picasa since it's very first beta version and it is a great tool for those who are not very savvy with the PC and editing software. It has more than enough functionality for the average and advanced user to organize and shape up their pictures.

Oh, did I mention it also features a great movie upload feature to youtube?

One of the GREAT features of Picasa is that is uses non-destructive editing, which means that your original pictures will not be changed. In the export all the applied edits will be committed to those files, but you can still undo every edit of every original picture in your Picasa album and your original files will NOT be changed. For example you can cut out a detail and export it for a close up, but then undo that crop in Picasa so you still have the original picture.

http://picasa.google.com/

All this to upload a pic?. Since I can upload a a stored photo from my computer for an avatar here, surely there must be a means to do the same in a posting?.

Peace!
"There is nothing new under the Sun".

#19 barney

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Interests:growing, smoking, eating & sleeping.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Once You have them in Your gallery, and want to post them in a thread, open Your gallery in an other window so You can copy from one & paste in an other.
BaRnY

#20 Whazzup

Smoke he does

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

The gallery is also a protection mechanism: It strips all EXIF data. The gallery resizes to 1200 pixels which keeps our topics readable. Uploading at a greater width/height than 1200 pixels is useless.