•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Psygi.Delic

Classic Seeds - Any info?

@Potent ask Weedmon about Classic, he is a member here, Weedmon did a lot of testing for him on the Seed Depot before it was shut down a few years ago. If it is the same breeder (Classic) he always says "Aloha". Weedmon had a lot of problems with his genetics, either a sausage fest or weak weed. But that was then.I don't know how his shit is now, plus I personally haven't grown his shit. Hope that helps.

Peace manicman57

• Like 1

@manicman57 hey thanks man! I wasn't sure how many are still active members as this topic was started 3 years ago hehe. I'm interested in the details and which particular strains went bananas. My instincts tell me he may have some genuine gear, but instincts can also deceive through hope... Lol.

Breeding outdoors does not effect hermie traits. I would prefere outdoor seeds all things competent.

Regarding strain stories.

To those who believe the strain "stories" this is an illustration of someone born on the minute.

For a breeder to actually believe them, what they say on forums and in life is different maybe, then they are looking for those who were born on the minute.

Either way, seems like a bunch of foolishness to me.

Strain stories are up their like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. I hate to tell you they are not true but your supposed to be grown now.

• Like 1

@Hempyfan yeah, that's what i was saying... That verifying a person's knowledge based off of popular myths and legends is silly.

About hermie, I've always been curious to see what causes more of them to occur. I suppose strains from regions in the world where it's harder to grow, like cliff sides, would encourage hermie since plants may be a lot more spread out. In a nutritious field, where they can thrive, they are less prone to exhibit the trait, since they've never really had to rely on themselves to make seeds. So it would seem there are hermie prone strains, that could also be unique and potent, and the only way to discourage this trait is by breeding in fine tuned environments. Basically pampering the strain for generarions...

if weedmon was testing the beans most likely were sent directly from classic, not tsd. not all beans were bunk from tsd, only at the end i believe and still not all of em. i gave romulan, nl and afgooey away when i saw a few grow reports.

• Like 2

Where were the seeds bought? If the seed depot... They were likely not his actual gear.

this kind of scamming is not what happened at TSD, mate ;)

the seedmakers have beenripped .. only very few customers were ripped by not getting the beans they

ordered in the last few weeks of TSD-existence (not sold different stuff ... but no beans at all, i mean).

so, even if bought at TSD the classic gear is just classic's gear ( = unappealing lines with appealing

descriptions, lol) ... classic seeds' gear is not genuine to begin with ... sad but true ... but i do agree

that he makes his lines sound great sometimes. especially to the people that just want to believe it.

but his descriptions alone give him away as a "piper of customers" most of the time, lol ...

• Like 3

This is why i was curious where the seeds came from. If direct from classic then that's fucked up...

Classic Seeds:

"hi icon sorry sounds like you got screwed by jb I keep getting people telling me they did not get their orders its funny because they ran out of romulan there and i had not rebred a restock because I was getting the run around about being paid after letting my payments ride to let him stay open but we all know he did not have any real problems except in the honesty department . I talked to Kagyu the other day bamboo is back from settling his father untimely death as a aid worker in Afghanistan .so that aside they are hanging in there but with everything that has happened bamboo has been out of the picture for a few months but they will keep their promise to you when ever they can aloha cls ps the romulan has a mild smell some people have said its kind of nutty but it does not have much smell nor have I ever got a floral fruity smell from mine .I have inbred it for 25 years or longer and it should not be making hermies at all .jb pulled a lot of swiching on people the last 6 or months or maybe longer .it sounds like he sent you a lavender cross he had in his own seed line up. I got to go to bed I forgot to answer your question surfdout I had both as male and female so either one could be the mom or the dad I mixed them all together since they were not for sale but chances are ssh was the mom since there were 3 of her and only one female jack herer"

• Like 1

this "romulan" was actually (just) one of his naming scams, lol ;)

(cuz it was not THE romulan. he cleverly called it "romulan joe's IBL"

and not "joe's romulan IBL", which would not leave questions open.

i hope you can follow me here, cuz i dunno how to explain it better.)

anyhoo, have great fun growing his gear.

even if it's almost never what it says it is.

That's a pretty big accusation... I didn't know the name is more important than its history. I've seen a lot of people satisfied by his romulan. Just seems odd that someone who continually struggles with vendor scams, who's been growing into the old age he is, starts to randomly scam the cannabis world by literally only shooting the shit with people in forums. It seems that to blatantly lie like that would result in a much bigger attempt to hype his gear. Which he doesn't lol... He seems to have a circle of friends he grows with, while offering to others what he's been breeding. Oh well... Was trying to find actual information but it seems hate and judgement cloud that possibility...

Btw... If he knew joe... Then a comma or dash would make all the difference.

"Romulan - Joe's IBL"

"Romulan, Joe's IBL"

But most likely, since the guy's name is "Romulan Joe"... wouldn't you call it his ibl if you knew him and not reversed, which occured after his nickname became the strain name? Semantics with no actual first hand knowledge. We can all speculate... To claim unquestionable truth based off speculation is silly...

Lol just sayin'

Peace!

but most likely ...

this sounds much more like speculating to me ...

(but i am just breaking your balls, bro ;))

the real name of "joe" is mendocino joe and the joe-part was

also just for the public. but that may be only known to a few?

real romulan clone only shows different traits from the seeds he sells ... fact.

(a few more examples of inconsistencies?)

anyhoo, let's agree to disagree, lol. go buy them, grow them, cherrish them. there's

nothing wrong with that, imo. it's just that it seemingly depends on how much people

already know about the varieties' histories(, before listening to his "piping").

and yes ... it is true:

a few attentive people are merely questioning the stuff he puts

out there himself by telling stories that are mostly inconsistent.

it doesn't have a lot to do with "hate" or anything near it, though.

maybe he just does not care so much and twists up strain-names and lineage-

stories a bit over time ... i mean, he really HAS been around for a minute. i am

far from not liking classic as a person. he is funny, friendly and easy to talk to.

• Like 1

I was gonna say this San but I knew thered be others refuting it. From my memory and eskos words, tsd was legit til the day hevclosed up n disappeared with 100s of legit strains

the seedmakers have beenripped .. only very few customers were ripped by not getting the beans they

ordered in the last few weeks of TSD-existence (not sold different stuff ... but no beans at all, i mean).

so, even if bought at TSD the classic gear is just classic's gear ( = unappealing lines with appealing

descriptions, lol) ... classic seeds' gear is not genuine to begin with ... sad but true ... but i do agree

that he makes his lines sound great sometimes. especially to the people that just want to believe it.

but his descriptions alone give him away as a "piper of customers" most of the time, lol ...

How da fuck did my statement go in Sans quote??? Lol

• Like 1

Thanks santero.

And yeah i knew his former name too... If classic is blowing smoke, it's an elaborate fantasy even to himself... His stories get very detailed, either as a recounting of his reality, a recounting of reality he believes but is a delusion, or pathological lies.

I assume it was confirmed then, without a doubt, that the seeds were in fact his?

I think you're right heh. The desire to believe makes fools of us all. I do have other strains from him, and hoping his c99 crosses were actually brother's grimm. =/

People get too caught up in names and heritages. Its likely all bull shit and other than for a laugh I can see no reason for taking them into consideration. As a general rule, always ignore this aspect and just look at the qualities of the offering.

If the plant matches the description be very happy and go yay! As that is really what you asked for. The rest is far to often marketing playing to impulse buys, inexperienced and new growers and people born on the minute.

I have no insight or understanding about classic seeds or TDS. I was not involved with them ever. But I will say this. It is a business for the person, so he is going to be very invested in the aspects of his products (seeds) than the normal person would appreciate. Now, all things legit, this is because he made them and knows all about them, if it is not legit it can seem the same but is simply called "living with the lie" or "sticking to your story." It is not as devious as you seem to think. It is common and if you ever knew someone having an affair, you can see how easy it is to pull off.

I will also say this. I have never met Santero but I tend to believe the guy for a great many reasons. If he says something you dislike hearing, explore it before forming an opinion. I have never seen him say anything untrue nor have I seen him play any type of drama. With that said, as long as the seeds are competent, you will likely be happy with them and most people never know they do not have what they think they have if they have satisfaction with the plant = happy believing customer.

Yeah. You're right. I respect Santero immensely. I've been lurking here a long time. I was clearly butthurt cus i bought into a salespitch. I'm at least hoping not all of it was and is. This really kinda fucked my positive, genuinely excited mindset about making some seeds with his stuff. Legend and names carried my high expectations, and after all, classic does still seem like a genuine good hearted dude. I wish i could sit down with people to truly make sense of who they are. Thanks all for the input... I spent my money already, so I'm still gonna give his gear a go. I heard positive reports of the strains I have, many reports at that... I wasn't ever genuinely interested in any of the poorly performing strains mentioned earlier like romulan and afgooey and what not, only mainly his strawberry diesel and/or strawberry diesel x c99. We shall see, I'll take one for the team and contribute from it my experience. I apologize if i was too hasty... I felt the urge to ptotect a guy who i felt is genuine in his words... But humans are complex beings, i understand the power of deception, even to one's own self.

Happy growing! =D

I am interested in it as well.

I would imagine it will resemble the basic descriptions for which he wrote and that is really what you want. It may just be just the stories that are screwy and heritage that is marketing. I speak generically on that.

It is possible that at one time he worked with some of those genetics and if lucky some of the genes are still in there but if so might be so diluted it might take 1 in a 1k to find something like an original and the stories just kept rolling along.

I can understand how that can happen. Many lifetimes ago I was home on vacation and I was partying with a friend in another town. We were partying with a guy who was telling all these stories we did (I do not know this guy) but I was drinking his beer and it made me look god like so I let it go and laugh every now and then on that one. The stories I have heard about myself and only a % are actually true, life is weird like that.

I am not going to pass judgement on the shoes other people wear as I can only speak generically to this aspect as I am an outsider observing in this one.

• Like 1

All i know is he's old enough, has lived his whole life, at the right time, in exactly the locations most of these legendary strains were originally bred. Dj short has used salmon creek big bud as an example of a strain bred outdoors, for so long that it has basically everything in it. Salmon creek is right between oregon and Washington...

@ReverendMaynard from what i understand, the original big bud was backcrossed to BECOME salmon creek big bud... And if this strain was in fact one passed around by all to all... It's plausible the name literally started to be a description rather than a specific clone, until of course SCBB phenotype/strain came of it that is...

@Hempyfan i think you're right and there's a very good chance his gear has been saturated with genuine old school genetics. I understand everyone was hyped about his gear, even in this thread until things were being questioned. Weedmon seemed to love some of the first results of his gear, before things went south. I messaged him but no reply, but it's all good. Gonna go with my instincts, classic shares a lot of personal details of his ongoing life, and if anything i love him as a person for that. There's a small circle of growers/breeders that seem to continually grow his gear and share amongst themselves... So I'll go ahead and go down this road for a while! I'll share my results of course!

Peace and love people!!

• Like 1

I look foward to the course. Its all good. We often get to caught up in the stories and subjects around a thing than the thing itself, in this case the seed.

I think in the very near future such aspects will become more difficult as dna testing on plant lineages enter the industry more. I can envision a spoof of those tv shows where they say the father is from knocked up slut girl but in this case is list the breeds used compared to what was claimed.

To me, if the seeds are good and not stolen its all good. Dont listen to stories, look at how they bred the seeds and quality of the process. That will tell you everything. Stories are for children and the slow.

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1