•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Grobi

Grobi´s Low-Watt-Fun-Club

Hello Friends and fellow Opengrowers!

Its time for me to prepare another season of fall/winter/spring-Indoor Growing. Sadly I have new neighbours so I have to find a way to grow without pumping 500cbm/h´s worth of exhaust air thru my window. Everything will be smaller and less "hot" until I find a new place. I want to move now since half a year and until I find another, safer place all will have to run on a smaller level.

Here we go:

Seeds are:

2x Mad Shack fem.

3x Channel+ fem. (Medical Seeds)

5x Extrema fem.

1x Malana Bomb Auto fem.

Lighting:

2X (2X75W) PLL Tneon Secret Jardin (and bulbs for the job) -> 300W

Climate:

130cbm/h 100mm TT exhaust

Tent:

Small selfmade tent for germination and first weeks of veg

BIG ASS 1,44m X 1,44m X 2m tent so the exhaust will be fine even if it seems to be underpowered

Various:

More stims and ferts that I will ever need. I will use Ecolizer Stims, Algamic, Supervit and Fish Mix for the next weeks if and when needed/suitable. Also I have an EC Meter, pH Meter, acid and molasses

Soil:

Top layer is Light Mix, bottom layer is Grow Mix. 4L. Once rooted, this soil "mix" needs alot of FOOD. In exchange it will be rooted very fast. I also have 10L pots if I feel like going big with the Watts.

Plan:

Get cuttings for motherplants, when safe and dry then the original plants will see 12/12 For the cuttings and motherplants there is another 2X 38W TNeon Secret Jardin ready. I will use it, once the clones are taken and the currently used 2X 75W Tneon goes to the 12/12 tent.

Backup:

Various stuff: 400W, 600W,400cbm/h, 500cbm/h, stuff, stuff, stuff .... more than I need. I dont wanna use it, but can.

What I will do with the "to be bloomed" plants themselves.... I dunno. Maye a SoG, maybe a ScroG.... its too early for me to decide as I might want to move the plants quickly... or not.... in the next months.

This Grow is only to have fun, some weed, motherplants AND to get experience with growing und "low Watt" conditions. One thing: My cam is a bit brocken, so daily updates (like I used to do) are unlikely. It will be all about fun and adventure ^^

This just in:

gallery_3649_3324_185823.jpg

I almost killed the Manala Bomb when I tried to get the seed shell off from her. I cut her fucking head off and she still grows ^^ Brave little (but doomed to be Ruderalis) girl! (plant to the right)

gallery_3649_3324_102289.jpg

Thats it for today! I hope I will be able to put up a show!

Grobi

PS:

-The pots carry various labels of other plants, its impossible to read the now actual label on the pics.

-I use a ventilator to move the hot air arround. You cant see it on the pics. The exhaust is currently NOT "on".

-All seeds have germinated. Some are still barely visible.

-I dont measure heat or moisture as I cant really change it. :)

-I always go for a pH of 6,5 (original is 8.0)

-No, I didnt order the Malana Bomb ^^

-I always use the "baccilus israelensis" (or smth.) to kill all possible black flies. Its ok even for seedlings. Strong stuff!

-Lights are on 24/7 (or 24/0 if you wanna put it that way)

If you have any questions or ideas: Please tell me!

A snapshot. All are alive ^^

gallery_3649_3324_792620.jpg

Sadly I have to report that my veg tent has a bad infestation with fungus gnats. Happily I can report that they have been eating shit since the start of the grow. Iam very happy that I used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis I know that my seedlings are safe even with dozens of the fuckers flying arround.

Why did I get them: Simple error, huge problem! I bought my soil 1 month ago. One bag broke while I took it home. I did not store it well enough... and its friggin summer.... so MY FAULT. The Bacillus will fsck em tho. Its good stuff.

The Channel+ seem to be the weakest seedlings so far. Thats no Propaganda talk, even the breeder says that they start slow. The Mad Shacks are taking of like a rocket, just like they did a half year before. Even tho that I dont like the taste, I know they produce ALOT of Meds ^^

The Extrema behave "normal". The Malana Bomb Auto ist far behind, due to pinching the poor seedling by accident, but very alive and kickin´.

So far, so good. Butr the gnats have to die. Imma buy a new bottle of the shit to be safe. Its very cheap tho, 10€ will last until it goes bad. For those of you who live in "central Europe", this is one example of the stuff:

http://www.gartenversand-omega.de/pflanzenschutz/gegen-tierische-schaedlinge/stechmueckenfrei-neudorff.html (pure example, I dunno the shop)

One can get products like that in every DIY Store.

This should be a challange with the low wattage. Time to seperate the men from the boys. Almost sanyone can grow using lots of power. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

@Mav

Yes it will be more challenging than with HPS. The problem of having to get the TNeon close to the plant is my biggest concern. But I have some time left to ponder. ^^

@All

Everything ok so far.

gallery_3649_3324_234305.jpg

Look ma! No cotyledons :) Malana Bomb

gallery_3649_3324_271845.jpg

Thats it for today. Have a nice one.

Hello all!

The cam seems to be working nice so I just spam you another update. Nothing important but I like to see the plants develope from day to day ^^ One Seedling got very "top heavy". I take this as a good sign. The leaves grow big and thats how I like it ^^

gallery_3649_3324_355203.jpg

The 24/7 veg works perfect just like it did before. The plants dont even mind when the vent is off and the 24/7 schedule keeps em from going asparagus even if the lamps are a bit more away from the plants that they should be. I dont want to use the exhaust yet as the small cabinet is right next to my bed and well... it works anyway.

Have a nice one!

Grobi

One question first:

Could anyone please send Mr. Putin his strongest batch of Indica weed? This guy is nuts and needs a healthy coma. I guess he must be "Knurd" and has serious mental problems if sober! Please help this poor guy! Knock him out for a while... like 80 years or so....

gallery_3649_3324_230647.jpg

Listen to der musik.... it gots rocks innit!

http://www.guardian....ew-single-video

PS:

All fungus gnats are dead. The bacillus did work wonders. :)

No kidding about Putin.

Looks like you're off to a good start. They are not doing the old stretch and flop. :)

• Like 1

Hello Wrecks!

I think I maybe should apologize a bit for the last post as I normally want to keep my Grow Topics free of politics but this story got me really upset. :)

I too think that the start is ok so far. Given that I grow with a humidity arround 0% and with no vent or exhaust on for about 80% of the time leading to temps over 30°C.... they really do ok. But if a single spider mite should come in there.... UGH! But I need the big TNeon now or else I couldnt cover all the pots. When the plants are older and clones for mothers are taken then the clones will just go under a 2x38W to root and grow and smaller pots will be used. Also I will not take/keep mothers from all plants, I guess I wont really need the Mad Shack (I dont like the taste and its too "sativaish" for me).

So.... 8 (rooted) clones total for 2-4 motherplants to keep after the original plants have been bloomed out. 72W should be nuff for that later on.

The Seedlings are still going strong. The Manala is still behind of course. :)

gallery_3649_3324_614863.jpg

The soil is extremely dry on the first inches. But deep in the pot there is still alot of water and they are super heavy, I force the seedlings to "work" for the water and I expect a nice root-system. Also I use a root and a growth stim by Ecolizer wich I like alot.

Some leaves are bit "wrinkly" but thats due to the heat. Nothing serious as they develop just fine. One of the Extremas (or Mad Shacks) has already started to get her first pair of branches. Its about veg day 7. 24/7 continuouse light.

How did you build a tent? I would like to make a small one...

• Like 1

Hey Joker!

I didnt catch the complete process but that was NOT really neccessary LOL. I say 3 words:

- 20-40€/$ wooden (book/kitchen) shelf that matches your veg light solution (example down there is for the 2x TNeon 2x75W).You can use any other structure instead that matches your needs/lights.

- 15-30€/$ "Black/White" Foil.

- 5€/$ Quality Duct Tape

Some pics are here:

https://www.opengrow...post__p__498063

Its very very simple. The basic structure is the bookself (IKEA or DIY-Store Style) with just ONE instead of TWO boards. It will be very flimsy until the foil is arround. Then its solid. I used it for... 3 times now and no mold, no burns, no nuffing, The Plants like it and I can lift it arround (empty) alone with ease.

Hello Guys!

Its like Veg day 9 or 10 and I had a bad accident!

I watered my plants for the second time and when I put my TNeon back down again... it CRASHED on the seedlings! :(

I was lucky, only one seedling cought a bulb. But still: Only two seconds of contact scorched it quite bad. At first it looked okay, but then you could watch it wilt within minutes. No wonder, the bulb was hot enough to even scorch human skin.... poor seedling!!!!!

Some pics:

gallery_3649_3324_725499.jpg

Ok, and thats the burned seedling ca. 6 hours after the accident.... he is really "in pain". If this plant should produce bad offspring then I wont blame it on the genetic.

gallery_3649_3324_1047177.jpg

Thats the dammage of one or two seconds.... Iam so pissed off right now at my own clumsyness....

You win some, yer loose some, eh?

It has to. ;)

Thank you laddy!

Not worry at all that doesn't look all that bad. You aren't the first to do that.

• Like 1

Iam just a bit mad at me.... I was not stoned, I was not drunk... I was just half assed about the thing that I was doing. I blame the weather to some extent.... its been friggin hot and dry... that goes to ones head....

I live in a city with high expectations on everyone ^^

Living here makes you somewhat... fanatical about details....

Hehe.... :)

Here we go!

Overview:

gallery_3649_3324_473109.jpg

Burned Extrema:

gallery_3649_3324_918692.jpg

Ouch!

Stay safe!

Grobi

Ca. Day 10 in Veg

gallery_3649_3324_102095.jpg

The Extrema again. I think the damage has stopped spreading. Wish her luck. ^^

gallery_3649_3324_1052443.jpg

So far all your seedlings look nice and healthy. Good luck with your work :)

• Like 1

Thx bro!

So far all credits go to coco Jiffies and Light Mix. Its basically "plug and play". All you need more is some Fish Mix for a veg beyond serious rooting. Normally Id put 15 seedlings in theese 4l/1gal pots under the 150W TNeon. That makes 10W per seedling (PLL bulb) and its quite sufficient for a nice growth.

I love the TNeons. They are a wee bit flimsy and a wee bit overpriced but SOOO easy to use and install. You can get em from 2x38W to 2x75W and they are really quite good in the price/effectivness range ^^

Guest UfoDisclosure

Hi Grobi !

From my experience of Mister Clumsy :) the Extrema will recover, no doubts about it.

Also from my experience, I can tell you that you will definetely need to lower the dosage of nutrients for the Extrema.

This one gives a redoutable stone but is really picky, I burnt it last time in soil and I never went over 1.6 EC

Last thing, I can tell you The Channel Plus is the exact opposite and will need very high dosage of nutrients (around 1.8 -2.0 EC at the end of the flowering )

(Don't forget to use plain water once every 3 waterings)

I can also say that she will reward you with an excellent yield and stone and a "soft fruits" smell(went to the dictionnary)

Channel Plus is comparable to Critical Plus, but ripes much faster. She will be ready at 47 days

Here are 3 pictures of Channel Plus if you want

http://www.cannaweed...dical-seeds-co/

The guy says "75 days - drying phase included - distinguishes this seedling from this bud" and says he liked this strain a lot, a kind of "boosted Mazar"

Have a nice day!

++

UD

• Like 1

Thanks alot for the input!

In fact I had no idea about the Channel+. A mate wanted it badly and ordered 10 seeds. We split and I took 3. But somehow I had no bad feelings as it is hard to find bad reports. :) I look forward to grow her!

Still I will go very low on EC for both... I will use 50% less watt and the plants will (so I presume) take less nutes. But this is all just "go and flow". I really dont wanna have to get back on more than 300W in bloom. I must not smoke that much :)

@All

The plants are now big enough to get the dammaged leaves off!

gallery_3649_3324_455532.jpg

gallery_3649_3324_806095.jpg

The shoots underneath will explode. I did this for fun a couple of times ("Deleafing") and I know the plant will recover quickly due to a deeper light penetration.

Day 13 under 24/7 Veg light.

I noticed yesterday that the roots start to dangle out of the 4L (~1gal) pots. That was fast! The plants have now reached "critical mass" and will grow nice and dense. You can feel that the humidity has risen, they make their own climate now. Again I want to say that they were growing with really low humidity and no ventilation whatsoever (appeart from me looking inside). Also they have been given water (after the potting of the jiffies) for only two times untill now to force the roots down. Pots are still heavy, they will go for another two days like that until they get a refill ^^

gallery_3649_3324_191796.jpg

The burnt Extrema, the shoots underneath are catching up fast!

gallery_3649_3324_490555.jpg

Sadly my cam seems to have a problem. The pic I took from the Malana Bomb is corrupted ^^ Iam too lazy to take and upload a new one but you can see on the first pic that she has recovered very nicely. Id even say that her side shoots are better developed than on the rest. Its the second plant from the left in the middle row.

Id never thought growing could be this easy with the TNeon. Look ma, no exhaust, no ventilator (fucking thing is soooo loud... Hurricane... says ist all) :) They still look pretty good to me. Not perfect but Ive seen alot worse with far more concern about air and humidity.

Hope you enjoy pics and the gibberish ^^

G.

Day 15

Given the third watering since they are under the light. They got: Bacillus Thurigensis, Root Up, Grow Up, Medical Boost and Algamic. Hehe... I know... alot of snake oil but hey... they like it ^^

gallery_3649_3324_362250.jpg

The Manala Bomb Automatic (Barneys Farm)

gallery_3649_3324_353742.jpg

I think I will top the plants next weekend and in the course of the next week I should start taking clones.

Have a nice day everypony!

Grobi