•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Grobi

Grobi´s Low-Watt-Fun-Club

Thank you man! :)

Day 16 - they liked their food. ^^

gallery_3649_3324_803260.jpg

The Manala Bomb seems to prepare for sexing. She overtook the burnt Extrema and really likes her light. The upper shoots really exploded in the last ~24h.

gallery_3649_3324_413977.jpg

Just a different angle. :)

gallery_3649_3324_141280.jpg

Iam quite pleased so far. I really love the Lightmix and/or Growmix. I love the TNeon. I love the Ekolizer Stims. I think I will start to give Fishmix in the next watering. Smth. like 25-33% of the dosage. :)

Have a nice evening everypony!

Grobi

Hello everypoy!

Thx for making this thread "hot" by your visits. Please comment as much as you like.

All das Queens

gallery_3649_3324_590463.jpg

Manala WHOOPS stop shooting!

gallery_3649_3324_151708.jpg

Today I ordered the last 2 batches of soil I should need. Light MIx. Pots are still heavy with water and will last for two/three days.

I think its time for some old time indica beats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCOyKVQWYhg

To be honest: I do some things almost deliberately wrong because of lazyness. No exhaust, no fan, no fresh air, small room, lots of heat, no real humidity....

Good light, good soil,some snake oil. If Id do real closeups youd see a good ammount of crincled leaves. :) The heat is mos def an issue.

Have fun Wrecks! Karma to you bro!

Grobi

It's a lot easier getting away with heat when they are young. Let's see what happens when the grow up.

Hello Mav!

I cant bloom them in the small tent anyway. When the (mothers to be) clones are rooted and I can safely go 12/12 they go into the big tent. The small veg tent is not lightproof, neither to the outside nor between the upper and lower chamber. The big tent on the other hand is not only lightproof but also much farer away from my.... hehe.... bed. I can easily sleep with a fan and small exhaust thats in the big tent but the small tent is right next to my bed.

In the big tent I will have better airflow but worse side reflection, even if I go into a corner I will loose two sides. I will fix/comepsate this somehow. I still got ALOT of Melinex foil and can play with it. ^^

Two pics:

The ladies:

Crincled leafes (the edges go upwards) on the Malana Bomb:

gallery_3649_3324_614379.jpg

Ive seen simmilar upward leaf edges when I overdosed on "Canna Trace" but I dont use the stuff anymore. I guess its the heat.

Have fun, stay safe everypony! Thanks @Mav for the heads up.

Grobi

Your younglings look super healthy. They are in top shape and a healthy green. They will speed up growth really soon by the looks of it :).

Looks good Grobi, what a difference in 2 days.

I grow my seedlings along with clones under 4x36W t8 blue fluoros berfore they go under MH.

They get nice and bushy like yours but it looks like your TNeon is doing a much better job.

kelp/seaweed in my experience helps with heat and cold, but it looks like you got it all under control.

@Don Bonez

Yes they are now beyond "Critical Mass" (I dont mean the strain ^^) and grow like hell!

@Shedmonster

The Tneon is a really nice thing. Its cheap and powerfull. Its plug and play. I have to admit: It must have been designed by someone who has common sense and a practical way of creative thinking.

Downsides: Terrible lighting to the sides. You need a small space with alot of side reflection or you have to hang them higher than they should. It was NOT designed for "wide" lighting but after some experiments Iam quite sure that you can crank up the width of lighting with some simple adjustments. (Iam on it) If you look at my TNeon you will see that they look a bit "bent"... I had to use some force to broaden the reflector. But it needs more than that.

The ladies alltogether:

Thats a Channel+

gallery_3649_3324_288314.jpg

The upside of the TNeon. I really like how the ballast is fixed and plug and play ready. You get it with all cables, one has just to put the thing together.

gallery_3649_3324_629712.jpg

Iam quite ok with the TNeons. ^^

Have fun, stay safe! Thanks for the comments!

Grobi

Plants have been rearanged and watered.

Root Up, Grow Up, Bacillus Thurigensis, ATA XL and some Fish Mix.

Enjoy!

gallery_3649_3324_565520.jpg

gallery_3649_3324_808849.jpg

Right now Iam playing the waiting game. The TNeon 2X36W should arrive this week then its clone and topping time. I cant wait to get the 12/12 started... the plants get too big I presume. There will be alot of piching out shoots. I really dont know what I will do... some kind of lollipopping or even LST or a half assed ScroG.... I dunno... We shall see! ^^

Have a nice day everypony!

Grobi

PS: The burnt extrema is not doing well at all. She produces severely disfigured leaves... she almost looks like a "Ducksfoot" now. Maybe I will.... let her go for the sake of more space. Havent decided yet.

Nice work, congratulations :)

We know how efficient are the neon in veg, you have proven it once more time, let see how they'll manage the flowering period.

• Like 1

Looks great Grobi ! Like Maveric mentioned getting away with no airflow will get more difficult as they get big.

• Like 1

@Rosi

Thanx alot champ. I really dont wanna make advertising for the TNeon, I just really like the performance. I checked other products like the ElektoX 85W Fluoro but the bulb alone costs 50€ and there is no E40, no cables, no reflector. The TNeon 2x36W comes complete with cables, ballast and reflector and I got it for 60€. It was basically a no brainer what to buy. The ElektroX bulb would have had a better lighting (I guess) with a big E40 reflector but that would have cost me some extra € and I just dont need a big lighting area for just 10 clones and the later on for the selected mothers.

Iam pretty sure I will face alot of problems while in 12/12. You just cant hang those TNeons very high above the plants so if the stretch starts.... It will get ugly sometimes ^^ But hey: Ive snapped and supercropped since my first grow (this is only numer 6 tho ^^) and feel very confident that I can cope with this.

Its a "Fun Club" after all and a test grow. I do neither expect nor preassure myself to a certain g/W goal. If I get only 100g... it will practically a "bad grow" but still I will have gained experience and will know which mother to keep. If I should get 150-200g I will be absolutely ok and proud. If I should get 300g than you can consider me a liar :)

@Barny

Thank you too champ!

As stated befove there will be some mayor changes when we hit 12/12. Bigger tent (1,44mX1,44mx2m), better sound dampening, farer away from my bed. I have a massive yet silent S+P Meteor fan which I couldnt use before because I packed my tent full with plants and just used two Hurricane fans (terrible product, very loud and looses power very quickly).

I plan to put the plants into 10L (~2,5gal) pots and arrange them in 3X3 rows (the Manala Bomb and the burnt Extrema not counted). So each TNeon 2x75W will light 3 pots on its side and the 3 pots in the middle will be lighted by both of the overlapping lighting areas.

There will be alot of free space arround them, 9 (or 11) pots will not even take up half of the tent´s space and thus a good airflow will be provided. Also I will start to extract the hot air and pump it in my (then empty) small tent with the clones/mothers innit. That should provide a warm yet very humid climate that should help a bit to keep fucking spider mites away from the mothers.

Sorry for the long answers ^^ It helps me to tell my plans in order to reevaluate them while writing down :)

Lets have a look at the plants. The feeding seems to have been no problem yet. I currently feed by pure intuition as my EC Meter and even my measuring cup is at a friends house. Luckily I learned to measure by eye quite well in the laboratory.

gallery_3649_3324_867385.jpg

Dunno what this is but it loosks nice! ^^

gallery_3649_3324_913578.jpg

The burnt Extrema´s "Duckfoot". She really does look "disturbed". Wow... :/

gallery_3649_3324_594837.jpg

Thats it for today. I hope the lamp and Light Mix arrives soon. Its really high time to get the clones going and repot the ladies.

Stay safe, have a nice stay,

Grobi

PS: Reminder:

This Thread is somewhat dedicated to Thorsti (great grow!!! check his thread) and Whazzup ("Mini Anesthesia ScroG" from his mate, look it up in Youtube ) as they made me hungry for low watt fun ^^

Ditto. Really does look like ducksfoot ;). I would say it is a temporary leaf distortion due to stress. Pretty though, but weird.

@Sheddi

Indeed my good Sir!

@Dr. Bonez

I would say it is a temporary leaf distortion due to stress.

100% +1

Stilll.... funny ^^

Some Gremlins just told me I will get my stuff in the next 3 days. Ohhh! Things should get interesting now soon!

A big BOOOOOOOOO! to all you guys out there! Opengrow-Family!

Grobi

Nice Mr. McMailman brought something today :)

gallery_3649_3324_606522.jpggallery_3649_3324_195323.jpg

Tomorrow there will be some changes ;) Too pooped to do anything today. The plants are fine.

gallery_3649_3324_1065851.jpg

Have a nice evening. Next update should bring repottet plants under 2x 150W and the clones. I still need a razor or smthg. and have to read some "clone taking tutorials" ^^

Stay safe,

Grobi

Hello People!

Sorry for my absence. Alot of things got in my way and I was heavily struggling with RL crap. Nothing bad just alot of running and paperwork and stuff and whatnot. My life is undergoing a big change and that needs work... alot.

Today I had a day "off" (things went really fast in my RL since last update) and FINALLY I had enough time to prepare the big tent. It was so much fun working for hours in the tent and redesigning it. All the electro crap, exhaust, pipes, cables are in the place and all I need to do now is the actual repotting. I will do that tomorrow or the day after.

The plants do fine so far. Ive let em go too dry the last days and some tips are slightly burned. Nothing serious tho, its well possible you dont even see it on the pics.

Well first the plants:

gallery_3649_3324_119029.jpg

Then the big tent... (only one TNEon in there of course, the other one is still in use. You can see the size of the 2,5gal/10L pots that I will use in the back). The multicolored thing on the left is my heavily silenced extract fan. 150cbm/h... only half of what would be advised but mind the huge tent and the "cool" TNeons.

gallery_3649_3324_393071.jpg

And finally the S+P Meteor. That thing does some wicked airflow I tell ya.

gallery_3649_3324_556404.jpg

So much for today,

:wave: Nice to see that you have your tent now and it is up and running. The baby's are looking good and growing like the weed that they are. :tu
  • Like 1

Thank you so much Uncle Mav ^^

I got some funny pics man... my exhaust (TT 150cbm/h) is really worth showing... alone for its ridiculousness :)

"HMMPHH HMMMPHH!!!"

gallery_3649_3324_889403.jpg

"We a go mash dem an ´ang em up ´igh!"

gallery_3649_3324_953416.jpg

"Everything is connected to Everything..."

gallery_3649_3324_338475.jpggallery_3649_3324_882111.jpg

Sleep well mate... Ill surely do now...

*YAAAAAAAAAWN*

All that matters is if it is safe and if it works for you. Grow On.

• Like 1

Hehe, it looks a bit flimsy eh ^^ Ive used a very sturdy yarn made out of hemp and sisal. Its used for packets and carries ~30kg per thread.

Nevertheless I will make this a bit more... relieable tomorrow. ;) The exhaust in the package is pretty much standard https://agri-culture.ch/product_info.php/cPath/374/products_id/1882

Hey Wrecks my man!

Iam really sorry that I dont show up at yer LED Grow like you show up here but the LED light, even the pics make my eyes go crazy :) Iam always happy to see ya man so here is a small update for you....

Man... I was POOOOPED today. Had no chance to repot the ladies and they will have to wait for tomorrow. So instead of not updating at all here is a last "Goodbye" pic from the veg tent. Tomorrow we will move :)

gallery_3649_3324_648304.jpg

Yes... its all a bit dirty and crude ^^ Tomorrow I have a day 100% for me and I will use it to the max ^^

Much respect to the Wrecks... !

BTW: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Canada.... Home of the best band in the world!

Hey, no worries. I like reading your posts. Makes me smile. :) I do end up getting the odd pic in there in real world colours, but I hear you, it's buggin'.

I see your coming along nicely still.

I like Rush too. Carry on. :)

• Like 1