•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Grobi

Grobi´s Low-Watt-Fun-Club

Hello Grobi I think the change on the lamps is a good call.I'm sure your plants will love it. Your last video does not show up for me :( . I watched the second episode of Brickleberry a few nights ago and it was every bit as good as the first episode.

Hello Uncle Mav!

Heee hee, the only problem is to change the bulbs before the timer goes on and they get hot ^^ Most of the time I just miss those minutes because Iam not home yet. Maybe I catch em today ^^ If all else fails... weekend. I think the plants are still in "stretch mode" so a couple o´ days shouldnt do too much harm (see my answer to hiwatt below).

Thanks for the heads up about Brickleberry, gotta watch it tonite ^^ Also Iam very happy that the summer hiatus is over for so many shows. New Family Guy, American Dad, Mythbuster, Southpark and (somewhat stale) Simpsons episodes are running. I dunno if this link works for you:

http://watchseries.eu/

but thats a great site to check for new stuff!

About the last video that didnt work:

I love a music style called Aggrotech (or a more stupid name "Hellectro"). I dunno if you like EBM or Dark Electro (Skinny Puppy anyone?) but this is almost my favourite version of "electronic "goth" music". Very hard, very danceable but also very good just for listening or driving on the motorway. Sounds a bit more "techno" than normal EBM but only "soundwise", not "rythmwise".

If you feel like giving it a try, fire up Youtube or smth. simmilar and look for:

"Suicide Commando" or "Hocico" (if yer got mates from Mexico, play em some Hocico to see their jaws drop ^^)

I will post another Video below (Hocico - Starving Children), try it and tell me if it worked. If youre into that kinda stuff... than it really rocks your world ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYPsekDRec

@hiwatt

Actually all plants are showing more and more pistills every day. All have sexed and are in bloom. My cam sucks sooo much that its almost impossible to go much closer. I hope that in the next update it will show it off a bit better. The Channel+ actually are catching up with the Manala Bomb, they seem to be really doing what the label said.

@all

I will do some pics in the next days, no need to show you the same over and over again everyday ^^ Thursday maybe.

Have a gooood morning/day/night everypony!

Growbi

This one´s for the Brickle-Bros, dont ever let me get to get a Ranger.... EVER!

I changed 3 of 4 bulbs to red. The fourth was not available. :) So be it. Saves me money, eh?

gallery_3649_3401_51098.jpg

Proof that the plants are in bloom :)

gallery_3649_3401_98877.jpg

• Like 1

After watching the third episode of Brickleberry tonight, I am wondering if you will consider trying out the new secret growth ingredient? Third episode is canna related. Personally I was rather disappointed with it in comparison to the first two episodes. ENJOY

Oh yeah they are very beautifull now, also they take a nice deep green color, keep them like this until flushing if you can... :)

After the last Brickleberry episode I tried to get hold onto some endangered species gonnards but I failed. The plants dont seem to mind :)

Its day 21 in bloom

gallery_3649_3401_378051.jpggallery_3649_3401_315189.jpg

Todays food:

2/5th of Plagron Terra Bloom

smallest dose of Medical Boost

full dose of Grow Up and Bloom Up

I hope they like it! ^^

Grobi

Day 23 in Bloom

The Buds might not swell as fast as with an HPS but Iam quite pleased. The plants seem healthy and happy.

gallery_3649_3401_723072.jpg

Also: The funk starts to appear :)

gallery_3649_3401_485349.jpg

See you later guys.

Grobi

The plants are looking good. This is where they are so interesting to watch grow.

Maybe you should look for some squabbits* cojones they might even make them grow faster.

*check out the next Brickleberry episode

• Like 1

@Uncle Mav

gallery_3649_3401_133877.jpg

:P

Day 24 ^^

Tu zer left we zee 2x red bulbs

gallery_3649_3401_885788.jpg

Zu der right we zee 1x red 1xblue

gallery_3649_3401_888043.jpg

On the "left" picture the plant in front row to the right is the Manala Auto. While being the first one to bloom she now has a nice structure but laggs behind the normal plants in denseness of buds. Seems like she really doesnt like 12/12. Tough luck :P

Grobi

I checked it just now. Its an Extrema. :)

gallery_3649_3401_366797.jpg

Tall plant to the left has been snapped and the TNeon on the right side went up a bit with the back-part. Pots are still full.

See ya soon y´all.

Grobi

i watched a brikkleberry today for first time. all the animals were *****ing. WTF lol. who make this stuff :wtf: :whatthahell: :evil: :ph34r:

btw your plants are going strong. no hps for flower tho? how are the bulb you use performing?

best wishes

• Like 1

Yeah, Brickleberry is a fresh wind :) I love Denzel´s character best so far. ^^ Thx again @ Mav for tip!

Yes, I will not use an HPS this time. The 400W and 600W I have are to hot to recycle the air in the room. Currently I use a small 130cbm/h extract and about 12kg of CaCl (Calcium-Chloride) in the room to keep the moisture down. The CaCl is just the normal "dehumidifier" agent in non electrical devices, I got 10 of theese sacks spread in the room.

gallery_3649_3401_13939.jpg

I have to do this because of my neighbours. Its impossible to blow out my air out of the room. For odor-controll I use a big jug of "Ona-Gel". I pour 3 spoons on the lid in the morning and in the evening get it back in the jug to shake everything thru well once a day. Keeps it fresh very long time this way.

So I have currently no odor and no moist room due to theese two devices. A carbon scrubber blowing air out of the window would be a cheaper solution but I wont take the risk.

I cant say how the bulbs will be performing in the end. Its my first run with them. :) But I noticed that the plants took a bit longer to show sex so I will give every strain about one more week in 12/12. Also I noticed that the plants seem to develope nice buds quite deep down and that was a positive surprise.

The plants drink less and grow slower - thats for sure. But so long Iam quite happy with the developement.

Have a nice caturday everypony!

Grobi

Thx alot Wrecks!

Today they got fed. I changed the nutes to Hesi Bloom Complex and Phosphor Plus. I gave 50/25ml into 15l water (instead of 75/38ml). Also they got Bacillus Thurigenis, Ata XL and Bloom Up.

Day 27:

gallery_3649_3401_734842.jpg

One Mad Shack

gallery_3649_3401_64923.jpg

Have a good start into the new week.

Grobi

Ok people! Time to wish me some luck!

Today I installed an brand new carbon scrubber (CAN Filter Light 150cbm/h - 100mm) and started blowing the exhaust out of the window. It just got too wet in the room and I dont really want mushrooms growing on the walls. The CaCl couldnt prevent this... it works too slow even with several pounds of it in the room.

The weather is going to be really cold now and I dont think my neighbours will have their windows open alot. The scrubber is new and my man from the shop told me that it will work at least for 5 months (until end of march).

If you got some seconds to spare please fire up a prayer to whatever deity you believe in.... this thing must not fail or else Iam pretty much done for. Ughs!

Ok, here is the update. It should be day 30 now if I remember correctly.

gallery_3649_3401_336548.jpg

They took the HeSi very well and I will continue to work with it. Tomorrow is the next feeding. (Finally they started drinking more and faster, good sign)

Oh... and the Mad Shack.... she starts too look friggin´ poisonous.....

gallery_3649_3401_62382.jpg

Have a nice evening everypony, I wish you safe growings!

Grobi

your plants are performing very well. you are doing a great job. i see them stacking up and packing on some good weight in the next few weeks. good work :)

ps, that frost looks abundant :icecream:

• Like 1

@Ze Doc

Thx alot mate!!! I hope I can get at least 0,5g/W :) Ive let them get much much much too big!

2 pics:

The Scrubber

gallery_3649_3401_277215.jpg

1m/3.3feet (from ground):

gallery_3649_3401_1085203.jpg

Stay safe Dr.!

Grobi

Very nice Grobi! Damn!! a little jungle and that under only 2 sets Tneon! Very nice!

That MadShack looks good and frosty already! Shit her fanleafs even getting it! :)

Hope all goes well with the new carbonfilter!

Still peepin in here mate!

Greetings

EDIT: oh yeah, SQUABITS!!!! XD hahaha

Hey my maaaan! Hope you do well Lexi!

The filter works (so it seems) and tomorrow the temps outside will finally drop to "winter mode"! I think I will make it :)

The Mad Shack is indeed quite a pheno. If I had taken clones like I planned to, she would be on top of the list now ^^ On the other hand its no big loss as I dont really like her taste (too much lemon and francinsense ^^ Iam more the earthy, affie-kush type). :)

Lots of pics!

Overview:

gallery_3649_3401_146593.jpg

Left side:

gallery_3649_3401_986383.jpg

Right side:

gallery_3649_3401_748215.jpg

A Channel+ got burnt a bit.... the TNeon can get very hot in a second if you come too near for one evening ^^ (old wound-didnt get worse)

gallery_3649_3401_146667.jpg

An the "angels´ view" (one can spot the blue bulb on the right very nicely):

gallery_3649_3401_879888.jpg

I want so say "THXXX!" to all the viewers and clickers ^^ It was a good move to come to this forum 100%, I feel here at home much more than anywhere else on the net!

Big Ups to all the OpGro-crew (breeders, mods and users alike!):

Grobi

EDIT:

TEH FOODZ (on BioBizz LightMix):

17l of water

2ml Phos. acid (pH:6,2)

50ml HeSi Bloom Comp

25ml HeSi Phos Plus

50ml Medical Boost

full dosage of Ecolizer "Bloom Up"

17 drops of Baccillus Thurigensis (or smth. like that. Google it you lazy Grammar Nazis :P )

17ml Ata XL

All in all it was a bit more than last time because of the Medical Boost (no idea what that is but is raises the EC a bit) but still no 100% dosage of any real nutes. About 70-75%.

Have fun mates!!!

• Like 1

Hello Opengrowers!

This is the hardest update yet... *sigh*, well here goes:

This should be a challange with the low wattage. Time to seperate the men from the boys. Almost sanyone can grow using lots of power. Good luck to you.

Turned out that Iam still a boy. Yesterday I took out the 2x 2x75W Tneons and switched back to the 600W AAW. What happened?

Well, basically nothing. And thats it. When I took a look at the plants 2 days ago I noticed that almost NOTHING went on. The Channel+ who ought to be done in 2 weeks are still flimsy and have not the slightest sign of "budding". One of the Channel+ which was in the back of the tent looked like a HPS plant after 2 weeks of 12/12.

I knew that it would take a bit longer than usual but it stated to get really frustrating. I mean: I would have been WAY better off with 250W HPS or even with 150W HPS and less plants. The Manala Bomb is just terrible. No funk at all and just a few pistills. The Extrema lag behind and only the Mad Shacks are doing "ok".

I just couldnt stand it anymore.

I hereby declare my Low Watt grow a faillure.

What went wrong?

-Expectations too high

-Plants too big (much much much too long veg)

I decided to give the plants 5 more weeks of the 600W, then I will cut them down. After that I will use the remaining winter to do another proper grow with the 600W in bloom from beginning to end to fill my jars for the next summer. Ill order the new seeds in the course of this week and start vegging them with the Tneons (I guess Ill just do 15x Mad Kush).

So... I dunno... should I continue the report? Maybe I just do the new veg report in here and mix some current 600W pics in between, when I get the new grow into 12/12 Ill start a new report in the proper section of the forum.

Here the pic (its day 35):

gallery_3649_3401_491220.jpg

The lamp hangs quite high (55cm) because I still use just 130cbm/h exhaust. The temps are ok so far as I suck in very cold air at night. I measured about 28°C at the tops. Should do it.

BUMMER! Iam really frustrated right now. The Manala Bomb is basically a loss, one of only 3 Channel+ is underperforming LIKE HELL and I guess the Extemas will yield maybe 10g each. I hope the 600W can get me at least a nice stoney Christmas.

Sorry for all this. I thought I can do it but the frustration was just too big.

Anyways... have fun and you people on the east coast of the US: Stay safe!!!!

Grobi

A hps will help out BIG TIME. Dont worry, they will yield for you probably more than you are expecting. It may be too late, but lollytopping the plant would help yield. There is quite some undergrowth thats too shaded and is taking energy from top cola production. The hps will penetrate deeper, but even so, a little clean up of tiny popcorn will fortify top cola performance/production.

Hang in there grobi, your doing good

Good vybes.

• Like 1

No, I don't see fail here. The plants are healthy, and you've decided to switch things up to yield more. :)

• Like 1