•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

El Tiberon

Ms Twisters Cookie

@ REV.............. How long do u cook your butter ? :whistle:

Using finely ground bud, after putting the butter in the water, only 60 minutes constantly stirring. Sugar trim I cook for 2-3 hours.

After making the butter I found it to be a little weak in potency. I only used trim so I think I'm gonna try the water method next time. I look forward to seeing esko's detailed method if he decides to do a thread on it..

The big question is Rev,

How did u make butter?

i see that allot of people do it wrong.

Fill soup pot with water for 75%, make it just not boil

add all trimmings u want, from stems to leaves to fanleaves.

Make soup, on soft fire. To hot = wasted.

Let it go for some hours

add bar of baking butter (not breadbutter)

let it all go for some hours

then just sift all that trimmings out with a screen

let the water and butter go in a simple bucket

put that outside or somewhere cool, with a towell on top.

Day after, go and collect your frisbee disk of cannabutter, who will be floating on top.

The wastal water is perfekt for your garden, for cannaplants it can be bit strong.

While the butter cools down, she will go up in the water.

Butter and thc = chemics, they attach.

So the butter filters ALL stuff we want, and separate itself from the water.

I am planning to do a nice topic about this.

I see that many people melt butter and put trimmings in .... what a waste ... i just cant allow that.

The method i just explained u, is how i learned it 20 years ago from the real hippies back then.

They did this with outside plants, trimmings.

So u are warned, iff u do this with indoor trimming, u are going to be pretty wasted.

Since few years, i dont eat it anymore.

Since i slept 3 days, felt it inside me over one week ... from only some homemade spacecake ...

Grdz e$ko,

I think the original recipe called for it to simmer for 16 hours. Then take it off and let it sit for 16 hours. While it is sitting tap the sides of the container that you used to fix it in. This helps if there is any residue in the butter.

I tried this with both indoor and outdoor grown pot. I never used good bud in it. I have used roots, stems, seeds, and leaves in it. It was a way of using up the trash that was going to be tossed in the compost or trash. If I used the roots and the stems they were run through a blender to get them as fine as I could.

I tried using cheesecloth to pour the mixture through. This wasn't as easy as it reads when it is just one person making it. I finally bought a pair of ladies hose and put the ruffage that I was going to simmer in the hose and just simmered it in the hose. This worked well for me as all I had to do was take the bag out and wring the bag out. This left me with a pan of water and butter. I let it sit and then had one of those discs that E$k@ talks about.

I can not be accurate in how much ruffage I used, as I didn't care since it was nothing but trash. I would say it was about 2 ounces of ruffage to a pound and a half of butter. I would end up with about a pound of butter.

I know that after I made my first batch this way I would have someone else eat whatever I had made, so I could see how they reacted to it. Then I would decide what dosage I needed to eat. I have one friend today who still will not eat anyting that I fix. He told me he was not going to be my crash test dummy anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is too funny Mav. That women's hose idea is brillant and seems like it saves a lot of time as well. Very well thought out. Thank you.

Nice job it looks lethal. I am sure that will put visions of elves and sugar plums, mickey mouse, and several other things in your head. That is if you are even able to form a thought.

• Like 4

Hey O. G.

Guys and gals made my first butter and cookies this week. Used the water extraction talked about in this thread. Made oatmeal cookies with butter made from the sugar leaves of a Mad shack and Hercules. The buzz from one cookie was enough to give that "background buzz" and I am sure two will give a nice high. I must say I had the cookie at 1230 in afternoon and did some stuff around the house sat down at 2:00 woke up from a deep nap at 4:00! The only problem I ran into is the butter after 16 hrs did not firm up as well as the pictures seen in this thread, I used salted butter could this be the problem? I will make these again and Mav's method of wrapping the material like a tea bag is awsome, no clean up! I am keeping this knowledge and using it the medibles are awsome for sleep and I will try the "whole bud" next to get the knock out cookie "The REV" mentioned! Great thread and thanks for all the info. P. S. (used painters sieve that fits over paint can for "tea bag" wife would not like panty hose method! )

Peace

Billman

Correctly made edibles are just awesome. They can be so effective at pain killing I never go to prescription drugs when things get really bad.

With whole bud, you really have to be aware of dosages and watch who you hand them out to lol. Two 200 lbs + lads at my work thought they were heavy weights until they split a normal sized cookie of mine and almost got fired for being "drunk" at work....not cool.

Cheers,

RM

• Like 3

The Rev makes some excellent points. Edible's can be more effective for many ailments than inhalation and they have a much greater chance of being overdosed. Overdosing on edibles is not much fun.

Cannabutter is such a versatile edible in that you can pretty much taylor it for specific needs. It and glycerine infusion have made an incredible impact on my quality of life.

yummy looking butter d-n-w :verrygood

Hey O. G.

Guys and gals made my first butter and cookies this week. Used the water extraction talked about in this thread. Made oatmeal cookies with butter made from the sugar leaves of a Mad shack and Hercules. The buzz from one cookie was enough to give that "background buzz" and I am sure two will give a nice high. I must say I had the cookie at 1230 in afternoon and did some stuff around the house sat down at 2:00 woke up from a deep nap at 4:00! The only problem I ran into is the butter after 16 hrs did not firm up as well as the pictures seen in this thread, I used salted butter could this be the problem?

I have never used anything other than the normal old salted butter here in the USA. I am not sure about the bread and not bread types that E$k@ mentioned. About the only reason I can come up with your butter not setting up as solid would be ambient temperatures where yours was sitting at. Nothing wrong with putting in the refrigerator.

Terrific receipe i guess.

I eat cannabis for a little few reason, but many times since always and it is very efficient and "useful", we all know that. But rarely for recreation.

When i quit Opengrow few years ago, it was because i broke my back in a boat accident and stay paralyzed 8 month in a bed and my life change in a second. First months at hospital, others at home with dedicated beds, medical machine, home nurse and therapist etc. A terrible moment. I will not ride a horse anymore, but i'm upright, and well upright, 3 years after ;)

All that to say i ate a lot of space cake during this period, as it was forbidden to smoke, and so my wife prepare me my medecine. I have three vertebra broken with metal screw etc etc, so i don't describe the pain, it is one reason why i'm awake at 5AM here actually :P .

Despite the pain, after only a month i stopped totally morphine, didn't want to be trapped. And with no issue as cannabis cured me. My SSH is great for that, back pain disapear- but impossible to sleep, i trimmed all night Durganchitral and Frisian Dew, the big scisor hash joint even less (i burned my elbow with a 600W HPS without feeling anything, just few minutes later). (My cheeseberry haze is for my stomach pains - no more other pain than those two :lol: ).

I want to conclude that there is nothing stronger than eating dope, and this butter is lethal, exactly :lol:

• Like 1

MAV----- "I have never used anything other than the normal old salted butter here in the USA. I am not sure about the bread and not bread types that E$k@ mentioned. About the only reason I can come up with your butter not setting up as solid would be ambient temperatures where yours was sitting at. Nothing wrong with putting in the refrigerator".----

Ya Mav I put the mixture in the fridge and it set up to a point that it was usable. We had a freak day of weather here that day and it was 54 degrees, unusual for New England this time of year. Like you I am concerned about the amount of smoke going to the lungs so I will try to sub some edibles for the smoke. The only problem the cookies taste are so good that I want to eat them all when the munchies hit!

Thanks for the reply and got to say I apprieciate the way you and other MODS scan and respond to the site, you guys have really helped me get going with this hobby.

Peace

Terrific receipe i guess.

I eat cannabis for a little few reason, but many times since always and it is very efficient and "useful", we all know that. But rarely for recreation.

When i quit Opengrow few years ago, it was because i broke my back in a boat accident and stay paralyzed 8 month in a bed and my life change in a second. First months at hospital, others at home with dedicated beds, medical machine, home nurse and therapist etc. A terrible moment. I will not ride a horse anymore, but i'm upright, and well upright, 3 years after ;)

All that to say i ate a lot of space cake during this period, as it was forbidden to smoke, and so my wife prepare me my medecine. I have three vertebra broken with metal screw etc etc, so i don't describe the pain, it is one reason why i'm awake at 5AM here actually :P .

Despite the pain, after only a month i stopped totally morphine, didn't want to be trapped. And with no issue as cannabis cured me. My SSH is great for that, back pain disapear- but impossible to sleep, i trimmed all night Durganchitral and Frisian Dew, the big scisor hash joint even less (i burned my elbow with a 600W HPS without feeling anything, just few minutes later). (My cheeseberry haze is for my stomach pains - no more other pain than those two :lol: ).

I want to conclude that there is nothing stronger than eating dope, and this butter is lethal, exactly :lol:

Cheers to survival LaV. I was on a job 15 years ago, sitting with my legs dangling in a storm-drain whole I shoveled out the catch basin of leaves/shit and a car just came up and ran my over. Broke almost all of the bones on the left side of my body, my pelvis, femur, ribs, shoulder bones/collar bone....lets just say I was 50% broken lol. The day I got home after 9 weeks in the hospital was the day cannabis switched from recreational fun, to medicine. I used Oxy for 3 days before tossing it all in the garbage and I still won't even take a mild Tylenol 3 with Codeine. No pain medication other than regular over the counter headache stuff enters my house hold because of cannabis. And that's why big pharma wants me to stop growing my own because cannabis used properly makes their over priced poison useless.

lets just say I was 50% broken lol. [...]

Ok, everything is more clear now boy, you should have tell us that before, we would have been more toleranting :P :lol: .

I totally agree what you wrote :)

• Like 1

My body was 50% broken LaV, not my brain lol. The bumper did hit me in the mouth, but the front tire missed my head by .5 inches or I wouldn't even be posting here today with all of the cool cats :)

• Like 1

Rev and Lavie,

WTF! You guys got me reaching for the cookie jar just thinking about that kind of pain! Damn........ I for one am glad you both recovered and are here to share, both of you are a riot!

Peace

Like you I am concerned about the amount of smoke going to the lungs so I will try to sub some edibles for the smoke. The only problem the cookies taste are so good that I want to eat them all when the munchies hit!

Billman I am as big of a glutton as most stoners are about exessing when stoned. I know what you mean about only being able to eat a certain dose of the canna baked goods. What I started doing about that was make one batch using canna butter and another batch using regular butter. That way I had the best of both worlds.

BTW Thanks to Drip and twister and El Tiberon for allowing us to highjack the thread to discuss usage of butter.

Mav,

Good call on this....."BTW Thanks to Drip and twister and El Tiberon for allowing us to highjack the thread to discuss usage of butter."

LaVie... "Don't worry, we are just joking between friends, no riot (we are old half broken but fully baked both of us, so we let you fight if needed ; Peace" :) :lol: :)

That was a language thing. by "riot" I was trying to say "you guys are fun" I am also "old half broken but fully baked" and there is no fight left in this old dog, lol!

Be Cool my brothers and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!