•           ai.php.gif

thesamyboy

TSB's Round 2 - C99, BB, Jackberry & Sannie's Fems in HEMPY

Awesome grow dude, those jackberries look super good! :)

Thanks for stopping by Roodni! Don't they? haha, I am pleasantly suprised at the progress they have made in the first month. The buds are already dense and should really start packing on some weight.

velly velly niceTSB , thoes JB's are monsters for 33 days

Sup Smudger!! Well thank you.

They are quite big for 33 days, especially considering that she is divided into 4 big tops and a couple side branches.

I will try to take more photos from the same angle later on for comparison ;)

I had to take this photo for Rev:

gallery_3438_3326_496907.jpg

Chucky's Bride - c99 leaning pheno

gallery_3438_3326_628532.jpg

and the first flowers are finally here for the Holy Princess:

gallery_3438_3326_224389.jpg

This girl is just super soft bendy stems, I will have to tie her down for support within 3 weeks I bet.

that's it for me. enjoy your weekends y'all

I have not updated in too long. Sorry folks.

Things have been running smooth and I've even made a few upgrades.

I will break down the posts to make it easier ;)

The second plant I harvested from this beginning perpetual grow was Sugar Punch:

gallery_3438_3326_308793.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_45885.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_117019.jpg

Well, I left some very bottom buds on the plant and put her straight back in the veg tent under 24/0 lights to reveg. I took her out of her old plastic pot, trimmed the roots and transplanted into a 5 gallon cloth pot of fresh coco / light soil mix. Light watering with very very low nutes and placed her in a spot without too much breeze / light and waited:

gallery_3438_3326_58136.jpg

You can just see the very first leaves popping out of the buds still all distorted and unopened. 3 days later:

gallery_3438_3326_253949.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_4299.jpg

And a week after that we're starting to see less distorted growth already. She was SUPER EASY to reveg, I am thrilled. I have reveged 6 plants so far and 3 have never fully recovered, even after 6 months! They will be stuck with 3 fingered leaves forever or get stunted / become runts. Some on the other hand have come through like champs:

gallery_3438_3326_70670.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_107525.jpg

If you look closely you can see that this latest leaf has is already showing 5 blades! This is a great sign so early. You can see below that the first weird leaves are just below.

Speaking of reveged plants that have given up clones and will be run again. KO Kush selected last year from 3 or 4 ladies?? I forget :unsure:

gallery_3438_3326_124609.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_192065.jpg

She just got trimmed recently so this is all new growth and already I see that dark Kush shine :likken:

Mad Shack that has also been trimmed. She has also been in reveg > mom for several months already.

gallery_3438_3326_79051.jpg

Due to the hulk genes in Esko's C99 crosses, I have engaged into aggressive trimming down and tying down.

gallery_3438_3326_350653.jpg

Since then things have gotten bigger. and bigger :D

Sannie's Jackberry F4, flo day 33:

gallery_3438_3326_174953.jpg

Day 34:

gallery_3438_3326_44906.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_281943.jpg

Day 35 night shot:

gallery_3438_3326_115624.jpg

Day 36:

gallery_3438_3326_125770.jpg

and I have 4 tops like this :D

gallery_3438_3326_67149.jpg

Day 42 flowering ( 6 weeks ):

gallery_3438_3326_90678.jpg

So I tried to get the same angle as above - not much has changed except she is denser! and hairs are now rusty all over:

gallery_3438_3326_189375.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_183407.jpg

and today is day 45 flowering:

gallery_3438_3326_138275.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_84864.jpg

I figure I will harvest her starting at 7 weeks and no later then 8 weeks. Depending on the sample I took 2 days ago, I might decide to reveg her...

Hard to tell with my crap color balance but she is showing a little dark hues at the tips of the bud leaves ;)

time for a quick smoke break, more to post in a second

gallery_3438_3326_34947.jpg

lucky you..I'll be glad when the internet has scratch and sniff pictures lol. I bet the grow room smells wonderful :dribble:

Your revege plants look great :yummy:

• Like 1

So I broke my favorite pipe recently :( and have not replaced it yet.

I do not own a bong or vape as the girlfriend cannot stand the paraphernalia :lol:

But she supports the growing and smoking... women... :wub:

I cannot stand many of my old pipes ( small and hit super harsh ) so I have been rolling full size RAW hemp papers ( I don't know the measurements... the loooong ones )

This was just to say that my consumption has gone up, so I have switched to the Jackberry X NYCD freebee purple lady in a shot glass above and have been LOVING IT. Great plant to grow, fun to smoke, very social, people take pictures and text their friends the purple weed and we just spend time chatting away.

As you can see, I smoked and am typing away :smoke :no

E$ko's beautiful Holy Princess ( Cindy 99 x Santa Maria plank cut ). I think I have a more SM leaning pheno but still middle of the road. Flowering day 13:

gallery_3438_3326_124171.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_20232.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_248475.jpg

Day 14:

gallery_3438_3326_67559.jpg

Day 15:

gallery_3438_3326_332187.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_216801.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_305699.jpg

Flo day 21:

gallery_3438_3326_40095.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_154928.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_39539.jpg

Day 24 flowering:

gallery_3438_3326_62188.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_217428.jpg

Every day she smells stronger and stronger. Like the description said pineapple meets red berry. Super fruity smell.

She is packing on frost and I am waiting for her to blow up.

I am saving the stinkiest lady for last!

lucky you..I'll be glad when the internet has scratch and sniff pictures lol. I bet the grow room smells wonderful :dribble:

Your revege plants look great :yummy:

thanks for the kind words :)

it smells so intense but mostly from the Chucky's Bride, she smells very very strong.

Like an artificial candle smell, it's great and getting stronger everyday.

I can't smell the Jackberry at all, she is quite mild and needs to be out of the room to smell it.

The Princess is so sweet but as long as the Chucky is around, you can't smell it !

Reveg is just another tool in the box and a great stress test for a potential keeeper.

I can't wait to run a few clones of each again. Will the second grow live up to my 'inflated' expectations??

Last update of the bunch.

Chucky's Bride looking great, fast and stinky,

Day 20 flowering:

gallery_3438_3326_219040.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_169454.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_100501.jpg

Day 21 flo night shot:

gallery_3438_3326_175927.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_163379.jpg

Day 22 right before I started trimming and tying her down:

gallery_3438_3326_210001.jpg

Day 28 flowering:

gallery_3438_3326_70578.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_36792.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_181499.jpg

Day 31 flowering. (Made it to 1 Month flo without F*cking shit up... :showoff: lol )

gallery_3438_3326_225240.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_188082.jpg

EDIT: had the wrong photo for day 31 flo - fixed :whistle:

That's it for me folks

peace and be safe :smoke

• Like 2

Hello TSB,

nice grow, and thanks for all the pictures.

LST seems to be perfect for those strains, especially Holy Princess.

Waiting for your next update :j

Good Vibes,

Magic

• Like 1

Hello TSB,

nice grow, and thanks for all the pictures.

LST seems to be perfect for those strains, especially Holy Princess.

Waiting for your next update :j

Good Vibes,

Magic

Hey Magic,

I was a little backed up with photos so I figured this was a good way to catch up.

I already have some more photos ready but need to work in the room for a few hours.

Also, it's chop time for my Jackberry so that will take my afternoon. But I will try to update with my latest and favorite acquisition: an aero cloner

This one is interesting in that it is cost effective, well designed and comes with a full extra set of misters and neoprene sleeves :D

I just have to find a few minutes and solder in a switch to turn it off without having to yank the plug B) Details and pics coming soon

I'll take some harvest pics and the ladies in the room too... thanks for stopping by!

-tsb

Great job TSB, some serious dank factory you have runnin :)

Did you give my dry/cure technique a shot? Curious if/how it improved things for ya.

Peace and all the best,

RM

So nice buds the Samyboy ! I'll have to pop my Jackberry soon... so much seeds so little time I feel now. :lol:

Thanks for sharing, happy flowering mate !

Great job TSB, some serious dank factory you have runnin :)

Did you give my dry/cure technique a shot? Curious if/how it improved things for ya.

Peace and all the best,

RM

haha, thanks Rev!

The production line at this factory needs to adjust his calendar I tell you! I just realized that it's been a month since Holy Princess went in the flo cab...

I'm supposed to add things every 2 weeks... :no Now I am about to only have 2 plants in the flo cab... I have to survey for potential volunteers in the veg tent :oeps

My drying and curing is improving with every plant! By the time I harvested the last plant ( Jackberry X NYCD ) I seem to have been able to bottle the smell. Taste is still subtle but actually coming back with the cure. The Blueberry also has a subtle but pleasant taste I know I would not have had.

I am controlling temp and humidity much better now and have been pre-jaring the small buds first and adding in bigger stuff slowly - it allows for quite a bit of control and within 4-5 days I felt ready to jar them for good :D

I feel like I need a little more control over my space ( now using a big ass closet ) which is a pain to control. I have plans for a DIY wood drying cab where I can hang plants and have good ventilation control... now using hangers and it's pissing me off, I want to make something with binder clips on rails to pinch the stem... like a film drying closet we had in high school!

The JB x NYCD joints has been by far the most popular with friends because of that smell and because of how smooth it is - FWIW

I only show them the purple buds once they are smoking it! otherwise I would just be observing placebo effect ;) I tried that already :rolleyes:

I also agree with Rev. you are doing a great job, keep it up and thank you for sharing your photos very inspiring to say the least.

Peace manicman57

thanks manic. I am glad I could share with you guys.

I am trying to improve my setup and find myself a few moms I could grow consistently.

So nice buds the Samyboy ! I'll have to pop my Jackberry soon... so much seeds so little time I feel now. :lol:

Thanks for sharing, happy flowering mate !

Thanks hiwatt! Pop those Jackberry seeds right away, keep them small and grow them SOG, you won't regret it ;)

I feel like I need a little more control over my space ( now using a big ass closet ) which is a pain to control. I have plans for a DIY wood drying cab where I can hang plants and have good ventilation control... now using hangers and it's pissing me off, I want to make something with binder clips on rails to pinch the stem... like a film drying closet we had in high school!

I like screens for the smaller buds and trim and I use extra heavy duty clothes pins (walmart) for the longer colas. the pins have a hole that is just right for the large paper clips (from work)

just a couple of ideas for you to get the brain going... :wave: :pi_lightbulb:

gallery_6278_2645_198666.jpg

adjust a screen (walmart)

gallery_6278_3466_20136.jpg

• Like 1

I like screens for the smaller buds and trim and I use extra heavy duty clothes pins (walmart) for the longer colas. the pins have a hole that is just right for the large paper clips (from work)

just a couple of ideas for you to get the brain going... :wave: :pi_lightbulb:

gallery_6278_2645_198666.jpg

love it! that top pic is exactly what I need except i want to build it all into a wooden cab so i can keep the use of my tents and closet.

i already have a shelf i could use as rails for the clips :D

Out of Like quota, but you got mine TSB :)

merci bien LaVie! I am trying to get each little thing right in order to make it all run a little smoother.

So I've made a few 'behind the scenes' type improvements recently.

The first is a small UPS unit which should help in the event of "crappy electrical grid" syndrom.

gallery_3438_3326_1570.jpg

A few times about a year and a half ago (don't remember exactly :head_hurts_kr:) I've come in to find the light / ballast off in the middle of the day! :o

I would reset the ballast and it would come back on. It happened again a few times within a couple weeks and had me freaked out. And then it stopped, never had an incident with my light schedule until recently a couple weeks ago.

I came home from some errands and the light was off, but as usual, everything else was on... now I was angry :angry: and remembered some advice from the Rev: plug your crap into a UPS and that will absorb any fluctuations from the grey-out. It's a small unit and will soon be replaced by something bigger for the light & ballast and fans for the flo tent and this little guy will handle the veg tent and clone machine.

My most recent favorite purchase is this though:

gallery_3438_3326_9635.jpg

36 site aeroponic cloner. It came with a pump, 75 neoprene sleeves and 10 extra mister heads. All for the handsome price of $85 delivered to my door in 3 days. :D

gallery_3438_3326_154878.jpg

It holds about 2.5-3 gallons and the pump keeps the water temp just right. One should clean out the water weekly. I have yet figured out a practical way to lay the tray of clones while I do a quick wash of the bucket...

gallery_3438_3326_105231.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_208025.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_467042.jpg

that was 8 days for a Chucky's Bride. I have started all sorts of fun clones in here: Mad Shack, Ko Kush, Chucky's Bride ( 2 females ), Holy Princess ( 4 females ) and will see how this little box performs

gallery_3438_3326_499811.jpg

I'm only using about half the sites... I'll see how she runs and how everything behaves, but I am excited to be finally able to have a reliable way to clone as I did not have the magic clone fingers :no

• Like 2

Wow, such a cloning device looks like the ultimate solution for me. I myself don't have the magic cloning fingers either.

Do you need to put a dome on it to keep humidity up or is it just the roots that need to be kept humid?

Also where did you buy this magical contraption? I'm looking at much higher prices, so much that I might have to consider making one myself...

One more update before I call it a night ;)

Starting a couple days ago, I have been harvesting one Jackberry F4.

She was four main tops and about ten smaller tops. I trimmed off most of the popcorn early one and tapered the nutes to plain water for the last 5 days.

Here is what was left after I took everything to be trimmed:

gallery_3438_3326_186595.jpg

and a good view of what I have left on the plant for a reveg.

I am getting a little cocky and leaving fewer sites to reveg B)

gotta try and test and learn and figure crap out right!

gallery_3438_3326_184820.jpg

And a bud that had been trimmed and drying for about 48 hours:

gallery_3438_3326_164233.jpg

I would say this needs to dry for at least 3 more days and then could spend a couple days in the sweat box. No rush, I have nothing coming up urgently behind this.

Here is the plant that replaced Jackberry in the tent.

A 'i hope for less strech' pheno of Holy Princess:

gallery_3438_3326_471952.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_561674.jpg

She is a big girl... I am hoping for a few fruity forest of buds!

Today is her day 2, I will take a picture of her for reference of before stretch in the tent.

On another note:

I went to a new place to check out something for a new pipe. I have a few pieces but nothing that I enjoy smoking from. They had a crap pipe selection, the nicest ones just had tiny bowls which I did not want. The coolest designs were black and purple or orange and green and just not doing it for me.

I ended up grabbing a small clear and Black bubbler:

gallery_3438_3326_140943.jpg

The bowl is about 80% full in this picture... really nice size.

And one full bowl of Kolossus from the last harvest later and I was ready to start trimming and working around the house :smoke

peace and be safe all

• Like 4

Wow, such a cloning device looks like the ultimate solution for me. I myself don't have the magic cloning fingers either.

Do you need to put a dome on it to keep humidity up or is it just the roots that need to be kept humid?

Thanks for stopping by!

This thing rocks. the EZ cloner or whatever were too expensive, my DIY aerocloner was leaky, pain to clean, not enough sites.

I sucked at grow cubes and domes or coco or rockwool under domes... never figured it out.

No dome, no spraying no humidity needed. They won't even drop leaves! The stimulus to the stem from the water is all it needs.

No nutes, no clone gel, no secret prayers... and the success rates depending on your cutting the plant / preparing a clone well, the machine will deliver 100% of the time.

Under a 100 bucks for a machine that when you see it, you appreciate. It is made as well as if you made it yourself with CAD and cutting machine - perfect. Except it's missing a switch to turn off the pump without yanking the plug! Solder skills to the rescue soon.

• Like 1

perfect. Except it's missing a switch to turn off the pump without yanking the plug! Solder skills to the rescue soon.

just use a power strip :wave: good of you to share , nice pics and plants :dribble: