TSB's Round 2 - C99, BB, Jackberry & Sannie's Fems in HEMPY

Holy Princess Chuckys Bride Jackberry Riri Sour Diesel Blueberry kolossus mad shack sugar Punch NYCD

316 replies to this topic

#121 thesamyboy

Hustling a perpetual grow into shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Interests:finding a killer sativa buzz
    feeling that warm indica blanket

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

So I've made a few 'behind the scenes' type improvements recently.

The first is a small UPS unit which should help in the event of "crappy electrical grid" syndrom.
Posted Image
A few times about a year and a half ago (don't remember exactly :head_hurts_kr:) I've come in to find the light / ballast off in the middle of the day! :o
I would reset the ballast and it would come back on. It happened again a few times within a couple weeks and had me freaked out. And then it stopped, never had an incident with my light schedule until recently a couple weeks ago.

I came home from some errands and the light was off, but as usual, everything else was on... now I was angry :angry: and remembered some advice from the Rev: plug your crap into a UPS and that will absorb any fluctuations from the grey-out. It's a small unit and will soon be replaced by something bigger for the light & ballast and fans for the flo tent and this little guy will handle the veg tent and clone machine.

My most recent favorite purchase is this though:
Posted Image
36 site aeroponic cloner. It came with a pump, 75 neoprene sleeves and 10 extra mister heads. All for the handsome price of $85 delivered to my door in 3 days. :D
Posted Image
It holds about 2.5-3 gallons and the pump keeps the water temp just right. One should clean out the water weekly. I have yet figured out a practical way to lay the tray of clones while I do a quick wash of the bucket...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
that was 8 days for a Chucky's Bride. I have started all sorts of fun clones in here: Mad Shack, Ko Kush, Chucky's Bride ( 2 females ), Holy Princess ( 4 females ) and will see how this little box performs
Posted Image
I'm only using about half the sites... I'll see how she runs and how everything behaves, but I am excited to be finally able to have a reliable way to clone as I did not have the magic clone fingers :no
My Perpetual Grow Journal - The One Haze & Purple Jam - Huck Kush, Lady Cane & BlueChem
Seed project in progress - looking for something new and more seeds on the way.
This week is the first Sugar Punch harvest in over 6 months!
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#122 _seedfiend_

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Wow, such a cloning device looks like the ultimate solution for me. I myself don't have the magic cloning fingers either.
Do you need to put a dome on it to keep humidity up or is it just the roots that need to be kept humid?
Also where did you buy this magical contraption? I'm looking at much higher prices, so much that I might have to consider making one myself...

#123 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

One more update before I call it a night ;)

Starting a couple days ago, I have been harvesting one Jackberry F4.
She was four main tops and about ten smaller tops. I trimmed off most of the popcorn early one and tapered the nutes to plain water for the last 5 days.
Here is what was left after I took everything to be trimmed:
Posted Image
and a good view of what I have left on the plant for a reveg.
I am getting a little cocky and leaving fewer sites to reveg B)
gotta try and test and learn and figure crap out right!
Posted Image
And a bud that had been trimmed and drying for about 48 hours:
Posted Image
I would say this needs to dry for at least 3 more days and then could spend a couple days in the sweat box. No rush, I have nothing coming up urgently behind this.

Here is the plant that replaced Jackberry in the tent.
A 'i hope for less strech' pheno of Holy Princess:
Posted Image
Posted Image
She is a big girl... I am hoping for a few fruity forest of buds!
Today is her day 2, I will take a picture of her for reference of before stretch in the tent.

On another note:

I went to a new place to check out something for a new pipe. I have a few pieces but nothing that I enjoy smoking from. They had a crap pipe selection, the nicest ones just had tiny bowls which I did not want. The coolest designs were black and purple or orange and green and just not doing it for me.
I ended up grabbing a small clear and Black bubbler:
Posted Image
The bowl is about 80% full in this picture... really nice size.
And one full bowl of Kolossus from the last harvest later and I was ready to start trimming and working around the house :smoke

peace and be safe all
My Perpetual Grow Journal - The One Haze & Purple Jam - Huck Kush, Lady Cane & BlueChem
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#124 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Post_seedfiend_, on 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Wow, such a cloning device looks like the ultimate solution for me. I myself don't have the magic cloning fingers either.
Do you need to put a dome on it to keep humidity up or is it just the roots that need to be kept humid?

Thanks for stopping by!

This thing rocks. the EZ cloner or whatever were too expensive, my DIY aerocloner was leaky, pain to clean, not enough sites.
I sucked at grow cubes and domes or coco or rockwool under domes... never figured it out.
No dome, no spraying no humidity needed. They won't even drop leaves! The stimulus to the stem from the water is all it needs.
No nutes, no clone gel, no secret prayers... and the success rates depending on your cutting the plant / preparing a clone well, the machine will deliver 100% of the time.

Under a 100 bucks for a machine that when you see it, you appreciate. It is made as well as if you made it yourself with CAD and cutting machine - perfect. Except it's missing a switch to turn off the pump without yanking the plug! Solder skills to the rescue soon.
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#125 robogro

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

perfect. Except it's missing a switch to turn off the pump without yanking the plug! Solder skills to the rescue soon.

just use a power strip :wave: good of you to share , nice pics and plants :dribble:
Plant a seed..grow some weed
(I'm not an expert grower or a Connoisseur by any means)

robo

how to load and post pictures, post # 12 by Vito!

#126 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postrobogro, on 14 February 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

just use a power strip :wave: good of you to share , nice pics and plants :dribble:

thanks!

i wanted something that was reachable from the clone machine. because of the spray i have the pump plugged outside of the tent... but i use this concept for all my flo room fans and junk.
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#127 ReverendMaynard

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3622 posts
  • Interests:Synthetic, sterile, efficient hydroponics.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Just catching up on this thread, love what I'm seeing :)

Even an under-powered UPS is going to soften the power fluctuations just going to that is a huge move forward in keeping that light cycle solid. When you go to a beefier UPS you'll have a bit of a back up for the longer outages. The biggest thing is it's saving your gear and it will prevent overload related bulb deaths and definitely extend bulb life.

The clone machine is aces. I use a 10 site bucket, changed the cloning game for me for sure. Nothing better than putting in 4 cuts and get 4 rooted clones like clock work. And they transfer over to DWC beautifully.

That HP is a beast, holy shit tree princess. Can't wait to see it bending branches with greasy stinknuggets.

Finally, the bowl is massive, I could probably cash it but I'd shit-piss a lung or 3 :D

Peace dude, keep at it!
RM

#128 robogro

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

TSB, take a lot at this http://www.amazon.co...uter+power+cord

Posted Image

I use an older model , but it is like a power strip with individual switches for each plug, used on computers to turn on/off printers/fax/monitor/pc/lights etc...
look around as some have fuzes but most have circuit breakers(plug in the back/switch in the front)

I'm sorry for posting pics all over your great grow thread...p.s. nice clone machine :wave:
Plant a seed..grow some weed
(I'm not an expert grower or a Connoisseur by any means)

robo

how to load and post pictures, post # 12 by Vito!

#129 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postrobogro, on 14 February 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

TSB, take a lot at this http://www.amazon.co...uter+power+cord

Posted Image

I use an older model , but it is like a power strip with individual switches for each plug, used on computers to turn on/off printers/fax/monitor/pc/lights etc...
look around as some have fuzes but most have circuit breakers(plug in the back/switch in the front)

I'm sorry for posting pics all over your great grow thread...p.s. nice clone machine :wave:

Dude! Nothing to be sorry about, you have responded to some of my 'issues' with very relevant photos and suggestions.
I welcome your posts anytime!

I love that rack mount switch panel! I will check this out for sure. And it's the perfect excuse to buy a rack and convert an old box to rack mount!
Dedicated grow room computer just for opengrow, we could call it 'tsb's live stream of green' :rofl

I was thinking of cracking out the tools and installing one of these
Posted Image
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#130 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostReverendMaynard, on 14 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Just catching up on this thread, love what I'm seeing :)

Even an under-powered UPS is going to soften the power fluctuations just going to that is a huge move forward in keeping that light cycle solid. When you go to a beefier UPS you'll have a bit of a back up for the longer outages. The biggest thing is it's saving your gear and it will prevent overload related bulb deaths and definitely extend bulb life.

The clone machine is aces. I use a 10 site bucket, changed the cloning game for me for sure. Nothing better than putting in 4 cuts and get 4 rooted clones like clock work. And they transfer over to DWC beautifully.

That HP is a beast, holy shit tree princess. Can't wait to see it bending branches with greasy stinknuggets.

Finally, the bowl is massive, I could probably cash it but I'd shit-piss a lung or 3 :D

Peace dude, keep at it!
RM

Thanks Rev, I appreciate it ;)

:verrygood for the UPS, looking forward to upgrading it but I like the setup better already.

I made my own aerocloner from a 5 gallon bucket but it was never as good as I wanted. This thing is perfect, better square footage usage then the round bucket and having the ability to clone a few extras never hurt! :tu

I have read that some phenos of HP do not stretch and the pheno that I thought would strech was very manageable.
I think she will be less then 100% stretch... just an impression.

It usually takes me 2 big hits to finish this bowl and surprisingly it's very smooth. I am still on lookout for a daily driver of a pipe :smoke
For now one of those RAW joints will be justttt fineeee
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#131 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

I took the first clones out of the cloner and into solo cups.
From this:
Posted Image
Into Solo cups filled with with pure Coco:
Posted Image
I watered with plain water
Posted Image
and two days later they look like they have taken to the cups:
Posted Image

Sugar Punch reveg is looking healthier everyday
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mad Shack reveg is now Mad Shack mom I think! She has been trimmed again and hanging on the sidelines:
Posted Image

And I had one Holy Princess expirement plant. I had thrown her under 12 / 12 for 1 week to show sex and brought her back into veg. She was stressed and only giving 3 fingered leaves for the longest time but I have not brought her to good health:
Posted Image
You can see the new growth is looking good. She also got trimmed and the next growth should be clone worthy...

More later
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#132 LaVieEnRose

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Hi TheSammyBoy

What have you plug to the UPS and did you test it in situation ?Wattage and resistance are ok but mine doesn't support the ignition of my ballast, even the 400W/500W i have

#133 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostLaVieEnRose, on 20 February 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Hi TheSammyBoy

What have you plug to the UPS and did you test it in situation ?Wattage and resistance are ok but mine doesn't support the ignition of my ballast, even the 400W/500W i have
Hey LaVie,

Just 1 thing plugged into the UPS right now: 600watt Lumatek ballast & Bulb @ 600watts.
When I plugged it in and turned it on, the OVERLOAD beeeep came on, but before I got up to go see if the Bulb ignited, it went away and the ON LINE line stayed green.
I think the ignition is 'too much' but for some reason it does not force the unit off. It's been 6 days and it still works. Honestly, it really bothers me, but the fact that it works is so cool that I decided to keep it until the bigger unit comes. But I check it daily and someone is always home in case of problems!

I did not "test" it because I could not even replicate the problem. I am not experiencing Black-Outs - los of power. My problem is slight fluctuations for fractions of a second from being in a state / place / building with terrible wiring all the back to the power plants! Most electronics do not shut off from these, your clocks would not be reset, you would not even notice the light flicker I think. Just so happens that this ballast does not like this at all and will stay off even if power comes back on and require a button push reset ( as opposed to when you yank the plug and put it back it, my ballast would turn back on! ) crazyness really

So this is in theory just to put something in between the fluctuations and the ballast. Until I walk in one day and my light is off, I won't know if this helped...
It's very possible that the electrical symtom I described doesn't exist and I am misunderstanding altogether, I am no electrician.
I got the idea from ReverendMaynard who mentioned using UPSs for his own lights and I am familiar with UPSs from my computers / server room use. Honestly, he is your best bet for info as I know he knows something about these electrical shits! ;)
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#134 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Holy Princess #2 at Flo day 35 - 5 weeks! Like I always say, don't fuck em up and it's home free.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Chucky's Bride # 5 smelling rotten and overwhelming and sweet. She is at 41 days flo, I figure she will be harvested in about a week and a half. She is getting denser everyday, I am sitting here just :dribble:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The last picture was last night. Today they are already denser by feel that I was tempted to take a sample... Not yet ;)

Holy Princess #5 at day 6 flowering. She has streched about 35 % so far, right now I think she will land right in the sweet spot on her own.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

shots of the flowering tent.
Posted Image

That's it for me. :smoke and good night
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#135 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

hey OpG! about time for me to update this grow thread.

Sugar Punch reveg looks better and better everyday
Posted Image
Cloned already once and more to come
Posted Image

Speaking of clones, I am moving clones from the cloner to solo cups almost daily so that I can replace my big plants
Posted Image

I still have the Jackberry in the corner of the veg tent, she is slowly revegging:

Posted Image
Some pictures I took of the buds a few days ago. I will post a smoke report in a few days once I finish smoking it all!
I don't think I've ever smoked so much, this great weed to smoke all day, everyday.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More coming in a second.
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#136 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

I thought Chucky's Bride #4 looked like she was enjoying herself in the veg room
Posted Image
She will replace Chucky's Bride #5 which is about to be pulled and harvested this week

Chucky's Bride #5 at day 48 of Flo
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
day shot from above
Posted Image
Posted Image
Night shot on day 49 of flowering.
I took a sample bud today and trimmed that up, it smells DIVINE and REEKS something fucking AWFUL at the same time.
Trimming was easy, super sticky buds and dense... it's drying now... I should be sampling the dry bud around the time I am trimming her.
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#137 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Holy Princess # 5 in flowering and looking good.
Day 12 of flowering:
Posted Image
that's the final stretch height, she is RIGHT where I want her. I've got a few clones of her and really excited to flower her...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and then I trimmed all the underside that I felt was never going to be of any use and cleaned her up
Posted Image

Posted Image
Night shot
Posted Image
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#138 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

So it's been a while... I am home sick today, so I am out of excuses.
But if you need one, It was E$ko's fault! His weed is too good. Chucky's Bride is some killer weed, smells great and tastes the same!
And the high is just perfect for me.

The numbers:
Vegged for over 2 months and trimmed back many times.
Coco coir in a 5 gallon cloth pot fed with CNS 17 grow and Ripe.
Feeding is easy, less is more with her, not that she is sensitive really.
So total harvest from this 1 plant was 70+ grams dry. I measured and did the math, if I had 6 of her in the tent ( which would have fit very nicely ) that would have been exactly 0.6 grams per watt. from seed I think that's not bad at all ;)

Here she was right before the chop
Posted Image
Posted Image
I harvested a few buds at a time to get an idea of the perfect harvest time. 7 weeks works, 8 weeks is perfect.
She showed no sign of stress going to 8 weeks, I did not leave her longer as it was clear that she is done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
and a couple days later I got to smoke the first samples
Posted Image
My first hit was the half bow from the blue pipe. It was a little harsh since it hadn't cured, but the taste was DISTINCT.
Posted Image
with some exta deep funkyness.
As it grew, the smell was more cheesy, but when I opened the jar for the first time I recognized the bubble gum right away.
It took me a week to remember what that smell was, but I slowly remembered the paper wrappers from this gum - EXACT MATCH

The harvest itself was easy. She wasn't hard to trim and none of the buds were fluffy or popcorn.
Often, the last 15% of the plant frustrates me, super hard to trim and when it dries, it's so light and just stems that I just trash it ( in the future I do plan to buy a kief machine for just that! ) But even the teeny tiny buds that fall off or make it to the bottom of the jar are dense, sticky and delicious.

99% of the weed I grow is for me and my girl. With perpetual and my habits, jars never stay full very long. But this smelled so good during drying that I wanted a couple of my buddies to try. We're all big time smokers, but all different style.

Buddy 1 usually buys an 18th from the dispensary 2-3 times a week, always something different. Unless he finds something bomb, and then he calls me and we'll share a 1/2 ounce special. The chucky's bride was the most unique thing he has smelled and he loved the high. We're in so cal, so he's a Og & kush kind of smoker. As much as I hate all the BS Og Kush crosses, I have to admit, most of it is frosty, dense as rocks weed that has a clear lemony or hashy flavor. The chucky can't match in density, but the taste and high was phenomenal according to him. He sent me a picture of him just sniffing is grinder - the smell is just that nice and intriguing.

Buddy 2 has been smoking for 30 + years and every time I've smoked with him, it's a fat blueberry flavored wrap ( that's what he likes, what can I say ). We'll split that, I'll say I have to drive and stop, he'll roll another one and smoke that himself. Last time I saw him, I brought him some Mad Shack that was curing for 2 months and some Jackberry X NYCD that was purple and smelled kinda like Killing Fields. He did his usual 2 wraps of Mad Shack, complimented me on some tasty lemony buds and told me he would try the JB x NYCD later. He texted me a few days later, again, complimenting the intense taste of these purple buds.
This time, he was on the couch and I opened the jar and he mentioned the smell right away. He asked me what it is, says he's never smoked cindy or cheese, and starts grinding and wrapping. We light up and we're passing it back and forth, the first thing I noticed is that I could barely taste the Blueberry which is usually all I taste and annoys me. I swear about 3/4 through the wrap, he is grinning, eyes bloodshot and giggling like an idiot at regular shit that I am saying: "damn traffic on the freeway today" gets INSTANT LAUGHTER. So I finish the wrap and decide to hang for a while. Listened to music, talked, chilled. Super social weed, very fun and very easy going.

It's not often that you can gauge your own weed by such an "objective" measurement I feel and I was just a really cool moment seeing him have a blast from my weed. I have to admit, it felt good seeing someone else enjoy my gear and I drove hom with a big ego boost!
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#139 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

On a different note, my Sugar punch is out of reveg and officially a mom.
I've got 10+ shoots to pick from and the clone I put in 10 days ago looks great:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And some Mad Shack clone that I might have left an extra couple days too many :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
water with light nutes and she won't skip a beat!
I've been having to move plants out of solo cups in 1-2 weeks.
I am kind of excited to finally be able to regrow things I am familiar with and start with healthy plants.

Posted Image
That was 3 days ago, I've seen transplanted a few into 1.5 gallon square pots and added a few new clones, but you get the idea.
Perpetual Speed Ahead

#140 thesamyboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Holy Princess # 5 - the vertical growth pattern with very little stretch pheno
Love this girl already!

Day 19 flo
Posted Image
Day 20 Flo
Posted Image
Day 26 Flo
Posted Image
One more where you can see the Chucky stretching into the frame:
Posted Image

I'm pretty sure the next two shots are of the same bud:
Day 20 and Day 27:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Day 27 Flo, more pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Holy Princess # 2 is finishing up. Yesterday was week 8 and I took a 2 sample buds to trim and see. I will probably start officially chopping in 3 days.
Day 48 Flo
Posted Image
Day 49 Flo
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Day 56 Flo - 8 weeks
Posted Image
The picture above looks like it's less far along then the same bud 1 photo above it. Weird. Maybe it's cause the hairs are receding.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Only orange hairs now, very close to the finish.

That's it, this sick dude has to get some more tea in his system :tu
Perpetual Speed Ahead