•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Well, I got a new camera. Took a couple of shots in the green room last night, and it looks like they are forcing me to read the camera directions. I had it on the fully automatic, point and shoot mode, and its internal brain decided that I was shooting greenery, which is correct, but it somehow decided that the color of greenery needs to be green-enhanced. I don't know why that would be a good thing, but here's one of the results:

gallery_3138_3390_199284.jpg

Contrary to the belief of the camera, the walls are white, as are the pots. This was under MH, so there wasn't even any weird HPS bullshit involved.

As you can see from this pic, the buds are growing fast now. I love this stage (about 6 weeks 12/12). The two buds in the center are from the Lollypop girl, who is rapidly getting yellow leaves, in spite of added N.

gallery_3138_3390_109956.jpg

Today I think I'll work on figuring out the camera. Another clever thing I did was not getting an SD card for the camera. The directions state that you can either use an SD card or just use the camera's internal memory. They didn't bother to mention that the internal memory can store as many as FIVE (5) pics before it's full. An impressive number, if you like the single digit prime variety, but not so impressive if it's the number of photos you can take before uploading them to a computer.

Anyway, they're looking pretty damned good. Frost-wise, the CR are in the lead. I'm constantly going back and forth on the best scent. It may come down to a fight between the scents of the CR, the Lollypop and the SM x CB (which has gone very skunky over the last week). There is slight leaf tip burn, some hooking from high P, and the tallest (the untopped Ace of Spades) got a little too close to the light and has a little burn on the pistils. But there will be a decent amount of killer smoke next month, regardless.

Well, I got it to stop going into greenery mode. Here are a few more pics.

This is the more sativa-like pheno of Chocolate Rain.

gallery_3138_3390_192658.jpg

And a bud:

gallery_3138_3390_102713.jpg

The claw (the other CR) is a bit more indica-like. The buds are a bit larger/fatter.

gallery_3138_3390_182218.jpg

And a bud:

gallery_3138_3390_373769.jpg

This is the little Lollypop girl. Her buds tripled in size over the last week, which is always encouraging.

gallery_3138_3390_166346.jpg

And a bud:

gallery_3138_3390_148467.jpg

And the stinky scent queen of the group, the Santa Maria x Cheeseberry:

gallery_3138_3390_37296.jpg

The obligatory bud:

gallery_3138_3390_232173.jpg

Obviously she doesn't have the star shaped buds of SM.

The scents are developing almost daily. The Lollypop is now the sweetest smelling of the bunch. The SM x CB has developed a powerful skunk scent that is drowning out the cherry/grape component. The more sativa CR now has a fruity scent with a touch of chocolate, The Claw is smelling more like cocoa powder and fruit.

I'll take pics of the Ace of Spades girls and the Mad Scientist tomorrow or the next day. Maybe I'll know more about the camera by then.

• Like 1

Looking good, man! You have some tasty looking stuff coming along there.

Your comments are always fun to read, too. :)

Hey mr Dirt , things look real good over there. It seems like time is going faster in your neck of the woods.

I have a Mad Sci that was flipped sept 10th and does not look near to being ripe yet. It has narrow leaflets so I am thinking she got some sativa traits which might mean a long flower time. Peace Mr Dirt !

The Mad Scientist is the furthest from maturity for me, too, but it just wasn't ready to flower when I flipped to 12/12. I'm guessing mid-December before she's done. The Claw and one of the Ace of Spades look like they could finish around the first of December, but strains that are new to me often surprise.

I wouldn't have guessed an indica dom like MS would have very sativa-looking phenos, but that one I murdered this summer looked just like KF until I put her in the ground. I imagine it was like yours is today. I probably could have scrogged her if she was indoors. This one I've got now looks a lot like a short, squat (but bushy) Afghani-type indica.

Thought I'd post the latest pic of one of the Ace of Spades girls. This one was less tall than the other and I never topped her. Now she's the tallest in the room by a few inches. This main cola got too close to the light once or twice.

gallery_3138_3390_87173.jpg

The scent of all the plants have been evolving. This one was skunky, then seemed to lose almost all scent, and is now more like diesel. Even though most of its pistils are white, it's getting a few amber trichs already. It will be seven weeks of 12/12 on Sunday. So far, as you can see, none of the colors that this strain is supposed to develop have developed. I'm suspecting it is NOT going to be an 8 week strain in my grow room, but it won't be far off. Two to three weeks, I'm guessing.

• Like 2

Badass Misterdirt! That new camera setting shows off your plants beautifuly. That is one nice canopy and your plants look like they are loving life. I believe your CR sativa pheno is very similar to the pheno I found on my CR run, great smoke!

I am also really interested to see how the Lollipop turns out, always saw those but never a grow report.

Great grow man!

Thanks Soopy. I'm especially interested in doing the smoke report!

I think it was 50 bucks for 20 Lollypop seeds. She's pretty low maintenance. If the weed is as good as reported, it's a bargain, too.

Hey Mr Dirt, damn nice work so far man. Your Lollipop is 100% C99 by the looks of it, should ripen really rapidly and blow the top of your skull loose.

Very nice training and the plants look great!!!

As of today, it's been a full 8 weeks of 12/12. The Claw, the more Cocoa Kush leaning pheno of the two, is pretty much ready. I might give her another few days, but she's about 20% amber now.

I didn't quite cover the screen. After I started tying her to it, it occurred to me that having a plan first would have been a better idea than winging it.

gallery_3138_3390_169526.jpg

This plant was a little less forgiving about not planning on how to fill up the screen than the other pheno. On this pheno, the lower buds sites, when exposed to direct light, didn't stretch. With the other pheno, there was some stretch, so I could tie those smaller branches to open spots on the screen. Anyway, here is a little row of buds, staying right on the stem:

gallery_3138_3390_538706.jpg

Here's a bud from the end of one of the main branches:

gallery_3138_3390_425019.jpg

The Claw was never quite happy. She started out life with claw leaves, without ever having been over watered or fertilized. Then I nute burned her, then she apparently got too hot, even though the other six plants, most of which were taller and closer to the light, showed no heat issues. The temps never got above 85 F (30 C).

At this point, fruit with cocoa powder sprinkled on is how she smells.

HI MR. DIRT,

NICE SHOW AND TELL DUDE. any chance you are gonna do smoke reports. i'm looking for ur thoughts on the lollypop. i know what Rev M THINKS OF that strain. thx man tuned it finally. peace :wave:

I'll do smoke reports on each, but it will probably be January before any have had much in the way of a cure. The scents of the Lollypop girl and SM x CB girl are fantastic. The skunky part of the SM x CB is a bit less pronounced, and a sort of cranberry smell is going on there. These could be the kind of strains where you just want to keep putting your nose in the jar.

The claw didn't live much longer after those pics were taken! My personal stash is getting low. Smaller buds will be dry this weekend.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see you harvest that Lolipop. I've probably said this before, but those Leprechaun guys are one of very few breeders that ever caught my eye. And 20 seeds... sounds interesting.

You've got quite the flavor range coming up.

The other, more sativa pheno of Chocolate Rain is getting chopped tonight. Here are her last pics. She is the frost queen of this grow.

First, the whole plant. One thing about my early plans for this grow -- I DID keep them small. I'll veg chocolate rain a little more, next time.

gallery_3138_3390_194990.jpg

Here are a few buds. And that's not nute burn, it's... yeah, it's nute burn.

gallery_3138_3390_253928.jpg

And that's not clawing from too much P, it's... yeah, it's clawing from too much P.

gallery_3138_3390_520223.jpg

And BTW, I was on seedbank's site, when I read a warning that the seeds were being sold for NOVELTY PURPOSES ONLY! Similarly, this bud below was grown for novelty purposes only. I'm buying a curio cabinet tomorrow, just so I have a place to put this novelty.

gallery_3138_3390_237313.jpg

There is a slight chance that, on my way to the curio cabinet store, I could end up buying a new glass pipe instead. But it will be a novelty pipe, suitable for smoking novelty buds.

Gotta go. That bitch ain't gonna chop and hang herself.

Haha, I love it Misterdirt! They all look wonderful, and I bet they will smoke the same. Well done man, great thread and even better buds. I am itching to try some new flavors and your ice cream shop has got my sweet tooth aching.

Very Nice.. Iwas surprised at the final result of the claw, turned out dank huh? Some crazy frost going in there!

Yes, The Claw is dank. The buzz sort of reminds me of Jackberry, but more powerful -- a functional indica dom, but it will toast your sorry ass if you smoke enough. Most of her is in a jar, curing, so I'll do a real smoke report in a few weeks. I'm hoping the more sativa pheno also has a little more sativa buzz to it.

I was cutting off a few fan leaves to help move drying along on the sativa pheno, when I found that even the fan leaves have a lot of frost. I think I'll leave them for the trimming session, and save them for hash or buddah. I've been spending time over in the kitchen threads, and it seems to me I need more THC laced fat in my life. I've got a lot of travel in my near future, and cookies are easier to take on the plane than buds.

Haha, I love it Misterdirt! They all look wonderful, and I bet they will smoke the same. Well done man, great thread and even better buds. I am itching to try some new flavors and your ice cream shop has got my sweet tooth aching.

The CR, SM x CB and Lollypop are candy treats. The Lollypop smells almost like a red lollypop right now. I'm also getting the idea of why Esko describes the scent of SM as "red fruit." It smells similar to a lot of different red colored fruits, but not exactly like any one of them. Cranberry is definitely in there. If you killed a skunk and tossed it into a cranberry bog, that's SM x CB.

One of the Ace of Spade girls decided today that she's lived a full life, and requested that I euthanize her. She posed for some pictures first.

Here's a bad picture of the whole plant. She was about a meter tall maybe slightly more. This was the short pheno, left untopped.

gallery_3138_3390_153817.jpg

I think it's a better than average yielding strain. Right now, she smells like vanilla-rubber-skunk. Not a very stinky strain.

Here's the top of the main cola:

gallery_3138_3390_238909.jpg

Some pretty decent frost. And these are a few buds on the side branches. The upper buds really benefitted by removing all the lower popcorn growing points.

gallery_3138_3390_395174.jpg

Her sister plant, the taller pheno (smells like some kind of fuel) will be coming down by the weekend. Trimming looks like it will be easy.

It's chop day. The Lollypop, SM x CB and Mad Scientist all have about 10% amber trichs, it's been nearly 11 weeks (ten days less for the Mad Scientist) and the next batch of girls wants to bask under the Big Light.

This is the only pic I got of the whole Lollypop plant, or nearly the whole thing.

gallery_3138_3390_489449.jpg

She's an average sized plant. When I grow her again (assuming I do, but based on the scent alone, I will be growing her again) she'll get 6 weeks of veg. Smells like a cross between a red and a pineapple Life Saver.

A bud:

gallery_3138_3390_190039.jpg

Some of the smaller, lower branch buds:

gallery_3138_3390_121089.jpg

And now for the SM x CB, which should be about 75% similar to the SM x BB freebie that Esko recently released (and which instantly was grabbed up by greedy bastards like myself). First the whole plant. She grew kind of like a sativa, but with little "cloud" buds all along the stems. It is kind of interesting that she has a cross between the star-shaped buds of Santa Maria, and whatever the shape of bud Cheeseberry has. Her scent is sweetened cranberry with a distinctive skunk odor in the background, at this point. I'm hoping the SM x BB plants drop the skunk part!

gallery_3138_3390_46827.jpg

One of the main tops:

gallery_3138_3390_159374.jpg

You can see the short "fox tails" reminiscent of the star points of the pure SM in some of these pics. It's more obvious in person.

gallery_3138_3390_371552.jpg

gallery_3138_3390_151595.jpg

Last, and least (she got 10 days less vegging) is the Mad Scientist fem. Since she was behind the rest, I tended to ignore her. Then about a week and a half ago, I realized she had a serious Ca deficiency. Too late to do anything about it by the time I noticed. Here's the whole little plant:

gallery_3138_3390_244103.jpg

And a lower bud:

gallery_3138_3390_240667.jpg

I'll do smoke reports next month, after some drying and curing.

• Like 1