•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

kamut

Opinions on TGA seeds?

GreenAngel may be able to speak more from experience on this as a grower...

but i've heard the yields are pretty weak with the TGA.

the smoke is out of this world. Jack the Ripper is just amazing... Jack's Cleaner is good too. Space Queen, peachberry, etc.

i love Jack, but the Ripper is just about the most amazing Jack i've ever had. i don't grow it though. i've got better yielding Jack that is more potent and suits me better, just not quite the same bag appeal.

there was a dispensary that carried almost exclusively TGA strains. great place, but did not last that long. i am assuming it was because they didn't have any lower end options, and it is not cost effective to only carry lower yielding top shelf connoisseur buds. that said; i bet they're great for a SOG or whatnot. i may work one or two in if i ever have room for something like that. but so far i've been more interested in heavier yielders. i like what subcool is doing though. he's a medical user who breeds mainly for his own needs. i bet his strains are great for MS.

great primo connoisseur quality... low yield. this is what i understand.

When people say "Poor yields" what does this mean?

How long did you let them veg for? In what size pots? How big were the plants when flipped to 12/12? Many more variables also contribute to yield. :)

My first strains I grew were TGA...Plushberry, Querkle, and Vortex. I had almost no idea what I was doing, but I did read and watch Jorge Cervantes and Greg Green Cannabis Bible, and some reading here, but zero grow experience.

I would agree some phenos, especially the most resinous of the bunch, are the lower yield type varieties, but with Plushberry and Querkle, I had more than acceptable yields. My lowest yielding plant was a Vortex and I got more than 2 ounces off of that runt. Plushberry has a mix of medium to high medium yield of tastey, fruity flowers. I pulled an average of 6 ounces. Querkle had a slightly larger yield than Plushberry. If I were to grow these strains out again, knowing what I do now, I know I could get significantly better yields.

I would also like to note that Sannies Herijuana and TGA Querkle have a built in resistance to mites. For a week during end of summer, I had mites. They tore through my DNA Genetics LA Confidential but left all my Sannies and TGA gear alone. Knocked the mites out no problem with some Azamax and never saw them again.

I do not currently grow anything by TGA but that is due primarily to my state's medical plant limit, but I plan on it soon.

Subcool scored a nice cut of HerOjuana to breed with. Whenever those drop, I will be in line to order some crosses. For now, I have loads of Sannies gear to grow through :) Peace!

• Like 1

Midnight, you might like Lady Cane or Chucky's Bride. The LC Eskobar breeds with to increase yield. The CB is a great yielder and a pleasure to smoke and grow. I have 2 packs of each strain for a future grow and breeding projects :) Peace.

• Like 2

Hey GA,

FYI....Spider mites love Silverfields. Hericules & KO Kush they hate and I had a bad infestation last run.....those 2 are Herijuana based like you said, but Silverfields, everything likes.... especially me!! B)

Also, I see your growing some DNA Genetics seeds (I know, this is TGA thread) I have Skywalker OG (RP), Sour Kush (RP), OG #18 (RP) and Stacked Kush (DNA) 1 week into 12/12....any advice or comments welcome. I ordered the Skywalker to see what it was all about and received the others as Freebie's...all fems. The stacked Kush is the most impressive so far.

Just curious if you have any input.

Peace,

BQ

thanks for the tip GA! i've had Chucky's Bride on my radar since the drop... was torn between that and Holy Princess... now my wife wants the Boudica! so we'll see. Lady Cane has also been on my radar, though i have some super silver haze i am working with... i currently have the Anesthesia, since i was torn between the two.

Midnight, you might like Lady Cane or Chucky's Bride. The LC Eskobar breeds with to increase yield. The CB is a great yielder and a pleasure to smoke and grow. I have 2 packs of each strain for a future grow and breeding projects :) Peace.

not sure. as i said, have not worked with them, only smoked them. GREAT SMOKE!!! Subcool himself said he does not focus on yield. but maybe he got lucky. he likes the high resin profile. he started breeding to meet his medical needs. great strains for hash makers i'd imagine. i'm sure they have some heavy yielders... but there is yield, and then there is YIELD! with stupid plant limits, you want YIELD!!! if Subcool has those strains, i want to know about them. but then are they really up to the caliber of taste and quality? i just don't know. a half pound a plant is definitely not low yield. so it sounds like the Querkle and Plushberry aren't bad. great to know about the mite resistance... and if only we could get the whole damned movement to agree... is it herijuana??? or herojuana??? well since the name is derived from heroin... it is obviously HerOjuana... but then there are the folks who don't want that association... so it became Herijuana. can't we all just settle on a spelling and a name? nope. oh well. guess they're both correct. take your pick! ;) so do you find the Sannie's yields to be better? or is it too soon to tell?

When people say "Poor yields" what does this mean?

How long did you let them veg for? In what size pots? How big were the plants when flipped to 12/12? Many more variables also contribute to yield. :)

According to Subcool, please forgive me if I forget exactly what he said in bygone Weed Nerd episode, Herojuana is different from Sannies in that his particular cut is a high CBD high THC, a little more Indica. I am guessing he may cross the HerO with his Jack the Ripper, Hells OG (someone else owns this one ). From my reading here on OG, Sannie selected the most Sativa phenos, since he likes Sativa leaners. Again, I might be wrong but that's what I read lol. Sub claims to pull half pounders from most of his plants, saying he averages 9 pounds 3 ounces every 2 months with his strains. Wish I was that good lol one day :)

Next week I am making the 2 hour drive to buy some TGA Supersoil and I will be posting pictures of the results here and over at rollitup with Mr Nice Black Widow, Eskobar's Sour Diesel Riri cut x DJ Short Blueberry, Sensi Hashplant, and TH Seeds MK Ultra first round. Going to be about $500 for Super soil but for adding plain water, river water in my case, that's not too bad if the results are good enough to warrant the price.

The Boudica sounds dank. Let me know how that turns out. I also grown Eskobar's Santa Maria, and I can see why he married the Bride with her, a perfect match! Good luck, midnight! Peace.

• Like 1

Guest Soi

Some nice stuff,, most all f1, So happy hunting,,,,,

I found couple of pheno I liked took some time to isolate what I was happy with

I like MsJillz selections better than subcools,but haven't ran a ton of their stuff. Jilly Bean and their orange gear is hers.

Yeah and it's all F1 chucking I don't think they have worked a line at all actually, and his prices more than doubled since he got big time in high times...

• Like 1

$600 of TGA genetics, and not one keeper. Sure the plants are dripping with resin, look nice, smell and tastes good, but none of the strains provided the kind of buzz I am looking for. And yeah, just 2 years ago every TGA strain costs $55 across the board, at Hemp Depot. Now, the strains run anywhere from $80 to $102. Just not worth it, no matter how I look at it. I will never grow another one of Subcool's beans. He said a few times before that he is a breeder, doing it not for money, but because he loves it and has a lot of fun. What a lie lol. Why increase your prices by % 150 in a short period of time?

And I really wish he would find a new male...Space Queen/Dude is in % 70 of his strains.

Ok, so up next is a bunch of strains found here at the shop. I know I will be far happier, find multiple keepers, and for only a third of the costs of TGA. Happy growing all :)

• Like 1

Someone gave me a 5 pack of Chernobyl. Came out funky and limey with menthol. The plant made a ton of small buds. Another pheno was the same but purple and fruity, but still funky. Both are potent, but haven't cured yet.

9yeh.jpg

I've only ever grown out a pack of Agent Orange. Loved and hated it. Got 2 good plants out of a pack, but had issues with nanners. From what I've been able to gather this is the Cali-o's fault. If you like popin F1's seeds and digging for treasure; other seed people are chucking better pollen at better elites then TGA seems to be doing right now.

• Like 3

a breeder becoming hubristic? that's never supposed to happen.

i think sub cool can be annoying and is a little too in love with himself, but i also feel he deserves respect for much of what he's done and accomplished. he's always been happy to share what he knows and to help teach other growers in the community. always struck me as a decent guy that likes to help others, but his enthusiasm and the fact he absolutely never shuts up can get old.

i wish i would have gotten some of their gear when it was reasonable, now tga prices are just stupid.

if their selling anywhere near as many beans as they where when they were under $ 60 their marketing scheme is brilliant. if it was deliberate on sub cools part or someone else at tga: have low price when you have limited supply to increase demand while building name and reputation in the community and when everything is in place to meat demand double the price. nearly twice the profit for the same or less work.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback. Not that I like being negative about the dude-and I'm okay with his personality. The reason asked this question a while back was that this stuff sounds good, but the negatives carry a lot of weight with me: high price, inconsistent phenos, seems like I read complaints of low yields. Also, that lack of working a line to which Greystone alludes-that's huge.

If the goal is to mate a couple of thoroughbreds together-shit, that happens every year at my house. I got chocolate mix x herijuana cookin' and all kinds of tomfoolery going on. But to stabilize that stuff, that's a killer. I got from sanniesshop what I had been seeking for years:good genetics, good value, breeders I can trust, no hype.

i wouldn't say , after years of growing , collecting , and playing with sannie's stuff , i ever found a keeper.

not even close. and i ran ronnie james dio from mota ...not impressed.

shit sannie just needs to refresh & expand his catalog. so many crosses & beans to crack.

& why not ? his customer service is THE best !

just saying.

you know. only when you grow.

i wouldn't say , as cool as e$ko is , and as much of his released & unrealeased gear i got , that it didn't take like 4 or 5 years of cracking his beans to find a keeper.

it did.

so TGA has his place.

trust it you cant get no danker.

just got to crack a few or a dozen of one you like.

the male he uses , the prices , the swag he got.

its all up for debate.

i was a TGA hater too. massive.

but like any beanz you need to crack a few to find a killer pheno.

chernobyl, plush, vortex, and one or two others. just like you guys say hit or miss.

this clone i got from an internet liar. fake. & fraud.

in my trading phase. before i got wise to the canna game.

spacedawg , 1999 release , 2014 still in dem lungz

gallery_8580_3903_99647.jpg

gallery_8580_3903_577919.jpg

gallery_8580_3903_199603.jpg

• Like 2

i wouldn't say , after years of growing , collecting , and playing with sannie's stuff , i ever found a keeper.

not even close. and i ran ronnie james dio from mota ...not impressed.

shit sannie just needs to refresh & expand his catalog. so many crosses & beans to crack.

& why not ? his customer service is THE best !

just saying.

you know. only when you grow.

i wouldn't say , as cool as e$ko is , and as much of his released & unrealeased gear i got , that it didn't take like 4 or 5 years of cracking his beans to find a keeper.

it did.

so TGA has his place.

trust it you cant get no danker.

just got to crack a few or a dozen of one you like.

the male he uses , the prices , the swag he got.

its all up for debate.

i was a TGA hater too. massive.

but like any beanz you need to crack a few to find a killer pheno.

chernobyl, plush, vortex, and one or two others. just like you guys say hit or miss.

this clone i got from an internet liar. fake. & fraud.

in my trading phase. before i got wise to the canna game.

spacedawg , 1999 release , 2014 still in dem lungz

gallery_8580_3903_99647.jpg

gallery_8580_3903_577919.jpg

gallery_8580_3903_199603.jpg

i hate to say this but maybe it will look better after a cure?

More is expected from tga top strain

IMG 20160117 163920881 HDR

IMG 20160117 135612323 HDR

IMG 20160117 163504246 HDR

Sannies Jack F7 x TGA Timewreck = The best, little over three months old, tallest is 7 feet, huge buds is what Im seeing, week 4 flower
  • Like 1

Since the thread has been brought back to life I'll add my two cents. Like someone else has mentioned, TGA has his place and he does have some top quality genetics in there you just might need to hunt for it. It's always the same though, when people make it big, others love to hate. I don't know why that is. Not every breeder is after the same thing either. People talking about his strains not being potent enough well that's OK too, not everyone wants to jump in a Corvette ZR1 every time they run to the store. Some times it's nice to jump in the Mercedes SUV with air bags and ride in comfort. A lot of people don't like the overly potent stuff that causes paranoia or locks you to the couch for hours on end. Some like a nice functioning daily smoke and TGA has a lot of stuff like that and it smells and tastes great. Don't get me wrong, I love the boutique breeders like Dynasty as well that offer what I call the upper echelon of quality smoke that can be very potent. Everyone has a place just like we have a million different car dealers and brands. Do you want a car or a truck? Sports car or luxury car? Maybe you don't want either and you want an SUV. Like others have said, variety is the spice of life. I appreciate what he has done for the industry personally.

I am all for things being what they are. However, at least in the past. I have viewed TGA as a good midgrade to upper midgrade breeder. Now, this does not mean sup-par in quality in terms of what they are doing in that particular "classification" or category of plants. In that, they do well.

What has disappointed me with them in the past is when some strains were made out to be of higher quality than they were. I know of many people who view TGA as shit as they believed they were getting more potent plants they got. Call it marketing but to a degree I call it overhype. Now, I have not looked at TGA strain since a year or so before they released their Jilly Bean.

I will say this. If I was looking for a plant to bring terpenes and frost, and good structure than some TGA would be considerations but for my personal preference, we speak another language. I will say this. I eagerly await to be put in my place and knocked silly by some TGA genetics but their direction is more similar to pop music, for the masses and not overly strong so it is useable for more people, smart move! While I am a more metal guy and want hardcore stone you to the floor with a trippy effect, so it is really hard for any breeder to get my attention.

Just because a genetic does not fit well with one person that does not mean it is shit, first see if the person who did not like it, was looking at in the proper category it is in. Just because someone does not like a genetic, that does not mean much, look to find out why and then maybe evaluate that.

For me and TGA, we dont fit but so what. I see it like going to restaurant and ordering something new. If I do not like but it was made competently and it is just my preference. I gladly pay for the meal. I will explain I do not like but its just preference and thank them. I see it like that.

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

Subcool has said that one of his main selection criteria is frost.

most breeders cater to cash croppers, makes sense, they buy more seeds, so potency is god because their best customers are stoners who smoke for the same reason alcoholics drink till they fall down and only really care about the best bang for their buck.

TGA has several strains that are bred for folks that like to enjoy the buzz, not just get "Normal", and want to be able to smoke a fatty to their head and enjoy the flavour and aroma without getting the stoned equivalent to falling down drunk.

some folks drink wine every day and never enough to get drunk, me, I like to smoke, not get wasted, but just have a nice tasty toke or 5 and savor it like a fine wine and a light, pleasant buzz, like wine with dinner.

Or to put it in simpler terms, different strokes for different folks.

Or different people have different definitions of "quality"

Stay Safe

BalzOut

I believe TGA stock is not that strong, old stock anyways because their starting plants were not the strong. Keep in mind, back when they started the cannabis world was different. They worked with what they had and did a good job of it but I believe its spin to say it is was calculated to go in that direction as a intentional decision.

I have not met a breeder that ever said that they bred for no frost.

I am not hating on them, just calling it how I see it.