•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hi dear Opengrower felows,

A New release is coming soon from USC . Jahgreenlabel worked since some generations a Zamal lineage who will come available for sale soon i guess after the 3 or 4generation.

Here i quote JGL about the Zamal Mystik

I work on a strain-based zamal

the zamalmystik

the line of zamal was colecté to Mafat in the 80

the father is a polyhybride of indica dominant

the cross of its two strain gives aspect sativa plants with a reduced stresh

the smell is fruity / floral

The high is very strong, euphoric and electric, it is followed by a good stone

this line was reproduced on two generation for now

about 12 weeks of flowering

Here what the result should looks like (pict@jgl)

http://www.cannabisonline.es/foro/download/file.php?id=4735

I do have the elite clone since a month now, i let him recover and veg, shave him for cutting, let it veg a bit, repot in 4 gallons (14 litres), and let's go for 3 months, day 0 of flower period today

Freshly rooted, need to recover. Like her next cutings i've made from her few weeks later, quiet long to root (almost 3 weeks when i usually do it between 10 to 14 days).

gallery_992_3381_1475620.jpg

A week later

gallery_992_3381_1046660.jpg

gallery_992_3381_1286054.jpg

And a week more

gallery_992_3381_723745.jpg

And yesterday before transplanting to 14 liters

gallery_992_3381_2766716.jpg

gallery_992_3381_2082763.jpg

gallery_992_3381_334191.jpg

• Like 1

You people are EVIL!!! just when I think I have all the Varieties I need you put another one up!! A Seed hoarders Blessing and Curse!!!

Zamal, french community breed from La reunion.

Extreme sativa genetics that can flower 20+ weeks easy.

Afgan , mexican and columbian mixed genetics.

Longest flowering phenotype is the crazy carrot pheno.

So i wonder what Mystic has changed on these genetics to.

Grdz e$ko,

Hi,

To go a bit further, Zamal is an really specific indigen strain, so IBL that some people think that it could be associates as a genre species, like sativa, indica,ruderalix or cannabis kafiristanica. It is in fact an inbred sativa who just like the flora and fauna of the island is quite unique . Nothing taste or buzz your head like Zamal.

There is many different Zamal, always name by the county or by the taste. The most famous pheno are the "Mango-carotte", "Red filament", "The grain", "The flesh" etc.

This zamal mystik mother is from the Mafate Circus, that is a really special place in the island, protected by UNESCO status, it is an old altitude caldera, you are almost on the equator but the volcano is 1500m high (5000 feet) so at night the weather could be very rough for plants, and they adapted to that, revealing special traits (shorter, quicker, blaster). People and nature of this place are well known to be special, no road, just a trail and a day walk to reach. .:)

vtmcucjo.jpg

The flowering period is shorten to 12 weeks by the mystic work :)

When i was student, in my University many friends from La Reunion, and we smoked zamal for years. Infused with ginger (or whatever you want) for months in a 80° local Rhum, blast your head (and libido) :)

I'm not sure to understand what your mean : a never ending flowering plant, over a year ?

Even very long aquatorial sativa >20/25++ will die and don't reveg naturally, evenless outside. But you can plant and harvest all year long. In local conditions

• Like 1

It is not a landrace because of the mystic father, but jgl worked to keep the main expression of landrace. I haven't grow or smoke the Mystik for instance, just a couple of friend did and enjoy it a lot, i saw some pictures and expect the best of this clone .(But growing from clone is less funny, never know what a seed could be - surprise, surprise ... :)

I grew Zamal pure from seed bags in 1997/98, except for male, i didn't achieved any female plants, imagine my first grow with a street ballast with all errors newbie can do and zamal from weed bag. I just arrived to achieve some male and made some cross (pollen chuck :) with the two first strain i grew, Sensi skunk and blueberry. For three years i grew some on my balcony with excellent results, they are in my OG Album. Last year at this period i tried to sprout my old last 30 Zamal seeds, no results (i had also some African Landrace, Benin and Djibouti, no more results. I still have a stock of maybe 500 seeds from this period, all together and not labelled,

There is cross of blueberry, shiskeberry (Heaven's stairway, 1998) and SSB Sensi Skunk 1995 with zamal male. i throw maybe 50 seeds in june, no results too. Maybe with special care this 15 years old seeds will sprouted, but never know what it will be, so ...

Cool to see LaVieEnRose,

I also know Zamal as never ending strain so i am pretty curious what u will reach with your work.

IFF u can controll the flowering times, its going to be accesable for more people.

But ... u are not the first that i see trying this and i must say that honestly.

U took the hardest one to start with.

Go on LaVie, follow your wind flow.

I am sure u can do great things.

Grdz e$ko,

Merci Môssieur :)

But jgl did the job, the merit is to him, and i think if he allows me to report my grow about it, he is quite sure of the strain to be suitable in my way of growing, so "if" i don't f***k like i do actually with my scrog, the result should be here.

Thank you for stopping in my friend - :)

hello everyone,

zamal the origin is found in India and Africa (especially Mozambique), he is a pure sativa with a high powerful psychedelic and electric

I find the Thai very close the zamal also

this line was collected in the 80s in the region mafat

the cross with a polyhybride a significantly reduced flowering time (12 to 14 weeks on average)

zamalmystik to the typical smell mango carrot, power is very good

zamalmystik pics

med_gallery_3970_2575_9281.jpg

med_gallery_3970_2575_382912.jpg

best vibes

• Like 1

I'm not sure to understand what your mean : a never ending flowering plant, over a year ?

Even very long aquatorial sativa >20/25++ will die and don't reveg naturally, evenless outside. But you can plant and harvest all year long. In local conditions

Yes Precisely. In its native habitat Zamal Grows for years if Not decades without dying. To have a Marijuana plant that Continues to live for such long periods Producing the whole time is the Holy Grail for Marijuana breeders and Growers Alike providing that the production time could be reduced... Now if you grow a Normal Marijuana plant in Reunion it will Not act like Zamal but just be like Normal weed..

Those are unseen Zamal big buds for me, nice work.

Jahgreenlabel, u worked with the Pays version or the Skunk version of the Zamal?

I am interested in this adventure.

Grdz e$ko,

Everything is in the first post my friends :)

the line of zamal was colectéd to Mafat in the 80

the father is a polyhybride of indica dominant

So Zamal, AOC* from Bourbon Island (Former name of La Réuinion)

Don't want to take the info out and just recopy this thread in cannabisonline.es, you will have many information and nice pictures about the lineage of the mother by the people who own it. In french, on a spanish site (for english speakers on a Dutch forum :P) but google translate is your friend.

*AOC : The appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) (French pronunciation: [a.pɛ.la.sjɔ̃ dɔ.ʁi.ʒin kɔ̃.tʁo.le]), which translates as "controlled designation of origin", is the French certification granted to certain French geographical indications for wines, cheeses, butters, and other agricultural products, all under the auspices of the government. It is based on the concept of terroir.

I only have one question.....Will this make it to Sannie's Shop???

Hi BSGFs :)

I know USC will sell them, i don't know when and where and how it works for them to be sell here, there many other good strains from this collective, so choice are difficult to make i guess :)

It takes long time to be known as serious breeder, i thing USC who is quite new started in an excellent way and many people are now aware about what they do, so time will tell, anyway i can testify for good stuff :)

5 days after re-potting and in 12/12, some trim, first watering with some rhyzotonic, unfortunately i'm out of myccorhizae and waiting for delivery a command from UK who last, last ... She won't be feed until 4/5 weeks . How does she support fertilizers and PK JGL ?

gallery_992_3407_1048751.jpg

She looks very healthy and the high sounds mind blowing

I wish you the best and hope these will be available in the shop soon

Hi nuggs, thks for coming in :)

So, a week later, Day 12 @ 12/12 second stretch trim, i let 5 branches. She is 62cm (2 feet) high now. The stretch is normally x3/x4, i guess x3, she will double in height from now i think. No more please :P

gallery_992_3407_514133.jpg

gallery_992_3407_2008817.jpg

After trim. Soft, there is still some foliage down because light enough for instance and as a wild girl some leaves are necessary for growth; they will be remove in the last trim, around week 3

gallery_992_3407_1392364.jpg

From top. We see the work on the zamal and the Mystik influence, both side in fact. Nice plant ;)

gallery_992_3407_3182987.jpg

Day 20 @ 12/2

She is a little greedier than I thought and as few defficiencies was predictable in a narrow future, I added a little more food to her for the last 8 to 10 weeks, one big spoon of bone and blood meal, and two big spoons of bat guano. She reacted and 3 days, mycco power - As a passive feeder, i always need to tune my new strain on the first grows - It is what i love in hydro, you have a closer approach of the feeding, you feed the plant, but in organic the plant feed herself - i definitly prefer the last one :)

So, pictures. I'm happy too with the stretch, manageable for instance, i prepare 5 lead branches, they are actually around a meter high.

gallery_992_3407_2345635.jpg

gallery_992_3407_1914518.jpg

gallery_992_3407_110965.jpg

gallery_992_3407_671715.jpg

Not yet, but soon :)

I think too she will be nice, there is 5 equal long branches, just to have a lot of patience for their filling. After a 20 weeker ColJam, i can wait for anything, so a 12/14 weeker is not a problem :)

When i had the last news, JGL was finalizing 3r or 4th generation, and wanted to make them available after that. So really soon i guess. The dude will tell us himself when he will come ;)