•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

BeachBud

Glycerin Infusion

Hey guys, really glad you found this of interest.

I can honestly say this stuff changed my life. Before that I had been on dozens of different drugs over the years all of which had side effects that were of concern. In fact I was on 2 or 3 different drugs at a time trying to control pain and be able to sleep. Infused glycerin has replaced them all and does a far better job than any of the pharmaceuticals ever did.

• Like 3

Hi BB and friends,

I do have 4,8 grams of BHO and a bottle of 100ml of glycerin.

To be used in e-cigarette, do you have an idea of what should be the volume of glycerin for those 5 grams of BH0 ?

gallery_992_4102_259133.jpg

The volume of an e-cig cartridge is mostly 1,2 to 1,5ml. You can poke 400 times each cartridge of 1,5ml, so for 100ml it is 26666,666 pokes / 4800 mg = 5,55 mg per poke. Is it enough ? :lol: :(

That is an interesting question Lavie.

I would try a small amount to see how well the BHO dissolves in the glycerin. I think it will need to be heated for best results.

Then I am not sure how well the glycerine will vape. It may be too viscous to work in e-cig.

I am of no help but i will watch with interest to see what you figure out. :D

Roll-it does it very well in the mix he gave me, it was something like 75% glycerin and some alcohol if i remember well, and he told me we can add few drop of water to liquify if too viscous

On the picture it is solid because out of the fridge, but 100ml doesn't look that big wompare to the volume of the BHO.

I split the bottle in 2 and mix the 4,8 grams in 50ml for instance to making a glycerin base.

Theres a ton of info at skunkpharms research.

I'm working with friend with a horrible back injury.

It happened 14 years ago, and he called me the other day, and I could hear his pain in his voice.

He said he takes 8 codine tablets a day, 2 morphine, and some shit I cant pronounce.

Last week I gave him a bottle of my vg juice in it's first stage. Stage 2 is running PG with the plant matter, after you filter off the VG from your first run. VG only gets about 44% or whats there, the PG will take more from the same matter.

I made 3 mixtures one was 26 grams of a sweet hermi, yeah I said it, Hermis make great meds. I composted them for 12 years or more. Anyway, the second was 48 grams of finly chopped bud stalks, and then 9 grams of a delicious SuperSkunk.

Sleep lives in the stems. CBD's are heavy in the herms, and the SS was to give some whack to it.

So for him, I measured out 1 tablespoon of CBD juice, put into a 1 ounce dropper bottle, then added 1.5 teaspoons of sleep juice, then 1.5 teaspoons of SS juice.

It was last Friday I dosed him with half an dropper, exactly at 1:30pm.

As we talked, about Ancient Aliens of all things, he has to be laying on his side most of the time.

At 1:40pm he sat up, and started to turn his head side to side as you will when you have a crick in your neck, then he started to turn his upper body again to relieve tensions in his shoulders and back.

At 1:45pm, he looks over at me and has this wild eyed expression, and I'm thinking, oh no dear god, please dont let make matters worse for him!!

I swear on a stack of bibles, he looked at me like a hawk getting ready to attack a rabbit, and said, "goddamn man, I could go for a walk"!!

Stands up like I'm going to let him, and I tell him, no man thats not a good idea just yet.

Lets give this some time.

In another 20 minutes, he says, I've not slept since you gave me those cookies, a month before. I told him,hit another half dropper and have a nap.

He texted me about 6:30ish, that he just got up from a fantastic nap.

Today, I went over to talk about his week. He's reduced the pain meds to less then half of what he was talking. He dropped the constipation meds as the VG keeps him perfectly regular, he asked my for more CBD, no sleep and no whack, for a daytime relief, as the first one left him to high to drive when he's capable.

He asked me if I mind him reveling this to his pain med doctor of the past 14 years as he is pro MMJ.

I'm also giving a lady 77 years old, down to a hundred pounds, and has gave up living, a dose bottle, her family told me they have not seen he smile in many years....she sits around now cracking jokes, talking about the good old days and eating like a horse, and being the matriarch she should be.

The family has done a complete about face concerning MMJ as they are witnessing her recovery.

They simply knew a friend of mine, who called and asked me if I any info of some relief. I told her, I'd try, gave them a few cookies, and the 3rd half cookie brought her out of her gloom and doom attitude. The juice took her to another level of wanting to fight back, IMHO.

When you get to witness that kind of profound change, SO FUCKIN QUICKLY, it makes you realize the true horror of cannabis prohibition has done to the health of us.

• Like 1

Hiya MrStinky, simple answer is no.

The concentration of cannabinoids is too low in a glycerin infusion. Also it is too viscous as is.

Thanks Herb and Welcome to OG. :tu

• Like 1

Heya BB

Just wondering if you have to use special capsules for this, I was looking at gel-caps on ebay and they all say liquids will dissolve the capsules.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Hey Balz, never had trouble with them dissolving but did have trouble with them leaking. I actually quit making the capsules a few months back because the supply was so inconsistent. Some worked great and them the next time, same brand and all they would leak. Keeping them in the fridge helps considerably but once they have been out for awhile they can seep on you. Now, instead of the caps I have a 3 mil. plastic syringe that I fill to 2.5 mil. and put it in a small ziplock for travel. Works great and never leaks.

• Like 2

Thanx BB, I'll try this, I was using grape seed oil but it upsets the patients stomach, think I'll go order some glycerin :)

Stay Safe

BalzOut

balzasteel,check out( bad kitty smiles )google that name.she has been fightng the good fight for a lot of years here in the usa.my old computer died so i dont have my old favorates list on this one.(cant give you exact site)there are 2 types of capslules,she explains which one works better and why also explains to use coconut oil to help with intake of benifical components of extract.very informitive

Thanx BB, I'll try this, I was using grape seed oil but it upsets the patients stomach, think I'll go order some glycerin :)

Stay Safe

BalzOut

yw, and if you need a source this is what I've been using.

• Like 2

I am beginning to give up alcohol. Then out of the blue, this thread pops up and it was off my radar here and I probably would have missed it if it did not come back up. This is precisely what I am wanting to replace grain.

My next giant bowl of Mob Boss is in your honor! Which is right about now. :smoke

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

So glad for the good timing. I think you will be very happy with the switch from alcohol. Best of luck :tu

• Like 1

Thank you beachbud, now all I need is to grow something that I can cook, does anyone know if the leaves and stems have any pain relieving properties in them ? In case that's all I end up with. dsj

yw, you can use bud and leaf but bud gives you a much higher concentration of good stuff. I don't mess with the stems except to make a pipe stem now and then.

@ DSJ You could do an isopropanol wash on leaves and stems and then use the oil in you glycerin infusion, me, I fuss more over wasted glycerin than weed, the glycerin costs money :)

Stay Safe

BalzOut

well, after 24 hours of rigorous testing I can tell you that if you're in chronic pain this stuff will make you believe in magic.

I couldn't get high off what I made, but I can always have a toke or 3 if i want to get stupid, with this stuff I get great relief and I'm still sober enough to use power tools, may even start driving again.

Thanx BB

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 2

Very good to hear Balz. It is really important to find and try to maintain the level of medication that helps but does not incapacitate. As an example I am using 2.5ml (1/2 teaspoon) every 4 hours. This dosage has worked well for a couple of years now. Your mileage may vary but whatever it is consistency is key.

If you did not de-carb the bud before hand then you may not notice much of a stoned effect.

Now the quest for you is to find the cross that works best for your pain. I can not offer much guidance here as it seems our pains often respond to different crosses of this wonderful weed. Enjoy your search.

• Like 1

I have a friend in constant pain. I make Green Dragon Tincture for her. Have for about a year. Her pain is VERY bad, nothing seems to help her

except the infusions I make her.

I use 3.5 or 4 ounces to a bottle of Alcohol. About 3.5 cups..........I reduce that down to 2 cups.........so 4 ounces into 2 cups, or 2X your strength. I do

decarb the weed prior..............1 hour at 240 seems to work the best.

I make 1/2 cup batches, but before using, or as her tincture, I reduce the 1/2 cup to 3/4 of an ounce. Removes 95 percent of the 190 grain alcohol that way.

The 1/2 cup reduction is enough to make 40 doses of Candy, or Cookies, or whatever I want to make. 1 dose at this strength will get ANYONE HIGH, lol.

2 dose's your really flying............3 and your staying home WISHING YOU HAD NOT had the 3rd one!!!!!

Ash, the lady in pain, takes 3 drops from a dropper when she hurts..............tells me the Simpson Oil(what it IS when you remove all the alcohol) is just as bad tasting as the 190 proof.............lol..................but does not burn or upset her stomach like when I do not reduce it for her.

I have never tried the Glycerin........................was going to once to make Ecig juice, but we figured out how to make POTENT ejuice WITH the Green Dragon

Tincture instead of the Glycerin.

VERY nice thread, GREAT info!!!

I have NO PAIN, never have had any, Thank You God...............................when I make GD it is to get high on.

I have noticed this..................Ash tells me (i prefer to just smoke a joint myself) that if i decarb, she will get "high"..........if I do not,

she does not get high. She says the strength seems the same either way...............so I decarb it for her.

Peace,

Jet

The only thing I would do different is to do a sous vide decarb but I think your pretty spot on how you are doing it. I remember when you did this. I was excited to do it and for some reason forgot about it. So I will put glycerin on my to get list.

Sous vide link just for illustration of what it is. http://anovaculinary...ecision-cooker/ It was introduced to me by someone here but I cannot recall who it was but this allows you dial in the decarb to the degree.

http://www.sousweed.com/blog/decarb This is the best I have seen to decarb.

This recipe made me think of you:

Avocuddle Oil by Monica Lo

Avocado oil is one of the top five foods highest in vitamin E, rich in anti-inflammatory oleic acids, and it's great for you from the outside in and inside out ;)

That said, medicated avocado oil (avocuddle oil, if you will) is a great addition to your nightstand. Avocuddle oil can be used for massage, as a topical pain-relieving salve, and even as a tingly personal lubricant.

There are medicated personal lubricants popping up on the market, the most popular being Foria, which sells for $76 for a 30ml (1 oz) bottle. This recipe makes 8 oz of lubricant using organic hybrid trim that I got for $24. You can grab a 16 oz bottle of organic avocado oil from Whole Foods for about $8.

Alright, let's get down and dirty.

Avocuddle Oil

Makes 8 oz

Ingredients:

8 oz avocado oil (or substitute with coconut oil)

1 oz trim, organic

Directions:

1. First you need to decarb your trim to activate the THC. You can decarb using the sous vide method or you can wrap the trim in foil and place in the oven at 310ºF for 10-18 minutes. You know it's ready when it starts smelling like a Christmas tree.

2. Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF).

3. Pour the avocado or coconut oil in a large canning jar and add the warm, decarbed trim. Seal the jar and place into the water bath to sous vide for 4 hours to fully infuse.

4. After 4 hours, gently remove jar from water bath and let cool.

5. Strain out the trim with a cheese cloth and discard.

6. Keep the oil in a cool dark place or in the fridge.

• Like 1