•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Cob

Chocolate Rain and Anesthesia

Well hello again OG friends, thought I would drop in again and share my latest goings on. My next run I've decided to go with a combination of Chocolate Rain, and Anesthesia.

I've been wanting to try the CR for quite some time now but why I also went with the Anes it being an Indica dominant strain, I guess that might give me some issues down the line.

I'll be adding new pics along the way, and hopefully we'll have more fun than problems.

The medium:

FF OF with about 35-40 % Perlite, a dash of tree stump powder, and for the first time, I'm going to give Sannies Buffer Tabs a try and see how that goes.

Tonight I'd like to show you one of the Anes plants, (that are already falling behind the CR plants) and what looks to me like a burning issue going on with it. Any opinions would be appreciated

Please see the pics here

gallery_7297_3472_1474228.jpg

...And of course please have a look at the gallery of pics I've started on this current run. They were transplanted into the flower room just about 2 weeks ago, and this will be a LST grow in 3 gallon pots.

400 W MH bulb 18/6

Theres also my first attempt at revegging. Its also my first ever Hempy Bucket that contains Sannies Shakzilla strain :) More about all that later on.....

https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/album/3472-chocolate-rain-and-anesthisia/page__display__detail

• Like 1

Pleased to have ya drop in ! They are cute when they're babies. I kind of suspect if I am having a bit of effect of the soil being a little hot, I'm expecting the babies to overcome it as well as they get a little stronger now. As you can see, the CR seems to be at least thinkking about thriving along here. I only want to veg them long enough until they basically fill up the diameter of the pots and its off to 12/12

The CR:

gallery_7297_3472_315559.jpg

In the long run the CR will need more nutes than the Anna. If you keep the Anna green in bloom the CR might get yellow. If you keep the CR green the Anna will probably get burnt.

If its possible then give both their own nutes.

BUT HEY: After a Cr/Anna harvest you will have THE best time of your stoner life. Best run so far for me.... EPIIIIIIIIC!

Do not run any nutes with the Sannies tab. Just Sannies Bacto or compost tea. It will burn.

After week 4 of flower you will need something organic to boost. Just about any organic flower food will work at 1/4 a 1/2 strength

Compost tea made for flowering will also work..

Good luck.

• Like 1

BUT HEY: After a Cr/Anna harvest you will have THE best time of your stoner life. Best run so far for me.... EPIIIIIIIIC!

Grobi, thanx, so you've run both of these together in a grow before?

Do not run any nutes with the Sannies tab. Just Sannies Bacto or compost tea. It will burn.

Hi Joker ! Yeah, actually I thought it would be great to not have to worry about nutes until closer to the end of flowering. I'm just a little concerned with the FF soil and two tabs in each pot that its a little hot starting out, but I hope that levels off as they grow stronger.

We are going to find out !!

Thanks for the input guys !

• Like 1

I love CR gonna crack a few beans for a run soon... Good luck with your project!

The tabs are not that hot ;)

It's solid organics so the nutrients become available over a longer time

The tabs are not that hot ;)

It's solid organics so the nutrients become available over a longer time

Yeah, now that they're past the baby stage they're really starting to thrive, especially the Chocolate Rain. I'm waiting on the Anes to fill in a little better and they're getting flipped to flower. It sure is nice to "just add water" for most of the run. Looks like I'll be ordering up more of the buffer tabs, I'm really liking them so far.

I'll get some new pics up soon.

Thanks all and A Happy Thanksgiving day to all celebrating it today !!

A few pics taken just today. I'm not sure about the Anes, but I think the Rain is ready to go to flower, what do you think ?

gallery_7297_3485_2850254.jpggallery_7297_3485_300189.jpggallery_7297_3485_2010337.jpg

gallery_7297_3485_165286.jpg

do you use an air cooled reflector without air cooling? If you are already flowering now I'm afraid your indicas will be very short.

do you use an air cooled reflector without air cooling? If you are already flowering now I'm afraid your indicas will be very short.

No, they havent been flipped yet, its getting colder here and while my basement grow room is semi-heated, this time of year I take the glass out of the hood and it gives me temps in the mid 70's F as opposed to mid 60'sF with the covers on, it makes that much difference. When the lights are off, space heaters kick on to maintain the room temp. Theres a second light to be brought into play when I flip them over to flower and it will stay depending on how many are girls that is :)

But otherwise, I can already see that the Anes will be smaller and slower that the CR, but then again, when they go to flower, I dont know what to expect there either. This is my first run with either of these strains.

Thanks Whazzup, I appreciate the input !

Well hello again all, its time for a little update on our latest run of Chocolate Rain and Anesthesia. We are about 12 days since flipping to 12/12 and 2 of the five are showing their sex where we have 1 female and unfortunately 1 dreaded male. Hopefully we will get more females from the remaining 3. The Anesthesia has yet to show, but we can rejoice in the fact that we have at least 1 female chocolate Rain !! Can't wait for this strain, we've heard great things about it.

Anyway, here a few pics taken just today and any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

We are trying to decide if we should put the other 400 watt light on or not. I've been kind of waiting to see how many of the 5 plants ( which are now 4) end up as female. I'm using a 400watt HPS with a second light available if needed.

Here are a few pics:

gallery_7297_3100_2601806.jpggallery_7297_3100_2363624.jpg

A bedamned and dreaded male

gallery_7297_3100_148797.jpg

But Yes ! Its a girl !!

gallery_7297_3100_412344.jpg

Anesthesia is playing hard to get ;)

She sure enough is ! And she's so far giving no clues at all. But, in my ever so slow to acquire experience, it seems to me as if the males often show their wares first.

Come to think of it, thats not unlike humans. Guys are always quick to whip out their junk. Girls not so quick.. :)

Looking good cob, nice and healthy..

A great couple of strains to be growing.

I've been known to nute burn a plant or two, but I've never burned Anesthesia. I do not like FF Ocean Forest, but Annie had no problems with it. CR could, but yours are looking just fine.

And then there were three......Well, the sexing process is now complete and I've lost 2 of the original 5 to the dreaded balls. But, all in all and considering I once had 8 out of 10 turn male, I have to be pleased that only one of each has turned male leaving me with two Chocolates, and 1 gorgeous looking Anesthesia. So, this small run will consist of 3 plants and my Mad Shak Hempy Bucket that I continue to re-veg in the veg tent. Its my first attempt at re-vegging and it seems to be going pretty well.

If I can ask you alls opinion : I have the 3 plants now under my 400Watt HPS. Do you think it would be advantageous of me to add the 2nd 400 light that I have available? I mean, the one does cover the footprint of only 3 plants but I do wonder if I would see a worth increase in yield if I use both lights on them. Enough so to offset the extra electricity needed to run both lights.

What would you do?

The Hempy Bucket is vegging with 4 CFL 100watt equiv bulbs

Here are some pics of the "girls" Today, they're all just lovely.

gallery_7297_3472_353965.jpg

The Mad Shak Hempy !

gallery_7297_3472_569246.jpg

Some folks use elaborate security systems but I do it one better. I use the Pink Panther !! We only use the very best !!! :)

gallery_7297_3472_34021.jpg

• Like 1

I see no dissadvantage to using the 400 HPS it will help..

I agree -- add the 2nd light, eventho a 400w covers the 3 plants perfectly

adding the extra light will Definitely increase yields and pay the off-set on

the power bill.

good luck - CR kicks ass and can get real tall (or really short I've only

seen those 2 distinct phenos from CR and it looks like you got the

sativa-leaning pheno ;) sweet )

......Ok, you convinced me. I think I will go ahead and fire up the 2nd 400. It wouldnt take that much more in extra yield to make up the difference in the power bill. One of the things that has me a little "edgy" is my electric company now for the 4th time in the last 6 months keeps sending me a comparison usage chart that is informing me that I am using far more power than my neighbors. Theres a graph thats kinda like this:

Average use: -------

Your neighbors-------------

You: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know whats up with that really. I try to cut back on other things as best I can, and since the wife and I both work, we're not even home a lot of the time. I got rid of my waterbed, and have CFL's in every light in my house. I dont know where else I can save anything significant. In my growroom I have only 2 400 watt MH or HPS and I also use some CFL bulbs. Right now I have one hempy bucket in my tent with 4 CFL bulbs on 18 hours as I'm re-vegging a Shakzilla. I mean, its not like some that are running 1000 watts or even 600's. I do use one space heater that kicks off and on when the big lights are off but even it is set to "low" and it only runs a half hour on and a half hour off since I'm afraid of it overheating when I'm not there looking right at it. I sometimes have to run my dehumidifier after it rains but thats really about it.

Thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it.

Cob

Grobi, thanx, so you've run both of these together in a grow before?

SORRY for answering so incredibly late.

Yes, I have! They both did well in epic proportions. It was the best grow Ive managed to do even tho I both cut them at week 8 (start of week 9). I had to stop it due to private issues but you can still see a pic one day before I chopped them. What luck I shot it that day.

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/45413-anesthesia-chocolate-rain-sugar-punch-heribei-600w144mlightmix550mlh/page__view__findpost__p__531029

Even tho cut on week 8 and with the ChocRs having some strong N deficency problems and the Anna wanting more Calcium the smoke was just plain bombastic. I would trade anything (except maybe one weed I smoked in my youth) 3:1 for a good mix of Anesthesia and ChocR. :)

Gorbi-

Thanx, and yes the pic looks just awesome !! Funny that you mention a N def, my CR's seem a little brighter green as if it may be developing a N def, but I may be fooled by the fact that they sit next to Anesthesia that is a very deep green. Indeed I'm almost growing apples and oranges here. Its an interesting mix.

As mentioned, I'm using the buffer tabs for the first time ever so per the directions its not to need any kind of nutrient help until later in flowering so I'm hesitant to add anything but plain water to them.

Glad you are able to post again and hope whatever issues you faced are water under the bridge now

Thanks for responding to my thread, I appreciate all of you peeps.

Cob

Gee I hope somebody here that knows this strain best can help me out with this. It seems one of my Chocolate Rains is taking sick and I'm not sure what to make of it. I've only given her plain water ( buffer tabs) since the beginning and she seems to be burning or deficient in some way. She's taking a turn for the worse and here are a few pics. I've moved them all back into my tent to get the temps up from the 60's to the mid 70's but she seems to be getting a bit worse. With my PH meter not to be trusted, what I'm getting there I'm not sure of.

gallery_7297_3542_6771.jpggallery_7297_3542_6153.jpggallery_7297_3542_162833.jpg

1. The buffer tabs are not a stand alone nutrient system. The other component of Sannies tabs is the bacto . The bacteria which will feed the plant by breaking down what's in your soil and the tabs. You can not add just water. You should also add some molasses and

Water . The idea is to feed the soil with bacteria and food for bacteria. The bacteria feed the plant. From your pics that is not happening .

2. They look burnt. Tabs will cause burning if you add nutes to the plants.

I never had any issues with Sannies tabs and bacto unless I added ferts.

The tabs are only good through week 4 of veg in which case you need to add compost tea or some organic flowering stuff. I used Pura Vida nutes at 25% strength and got great results.

They also look over watered.

If you don't have bacto order it or google compost tea.