•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

LaVieEnRose

Smart answers for silly questions which you never dared to put

Hi Openfellows,

We all have what i call "blonde question". The answer seems to be known by everybody except you, and you do not dare to put the question. I have some who never find answer in any browsers

I begin with one who is an enigm for me for years : whats is the real meaning of OG ? (I do have some idea, but prefer to hide them right now :P )

• Like 1

Hmm,not shure LaVie, but sounds logical to me :unsure: but maybe "OG" is just a well known & good selling Name.....??

or all "OG"-Strains got OG-Kush in it ??

.....Urban Dictionary says:

...... "OG Kush" stands for "OCEAN GROWN" ,not "Original" Kush ,not "Original Gangsta" Kush ,not "Oregon Gold" Kush ........

• Like 1

I think it means original gangster,but too me it means open grower :rolleyes:. I would rather go for kush provided by a open grower than kush hussled by an original gangster,that's for certain :P

I would rather go for kush provided by a open grower than kush hussled by an original gangster,that's for certain

:lol: I didn't think before about OpenGrowers, now it seems so logical ... :lol:

but maybe "OG" is just a well known & good selling Name.....??

:lol: that's true . Hype ...

Definitely stands for "Ocean Grown", but these days with so many "phenotypes" and "cut's" of something that originated as an accidental clone only, I don't think it matters because it's all bullshit :)

US is really a different market and culture (I don't judge ;) ).

So, may you forgive me, to clear my mind, OG, doesn't matter the acronym,is originally one kush found by a guy/crew, he called it "MyPreciousOG", and all the lineage have the right to wear an OG in his name ?

Damn I hate those questions. Now I am curious and can't control my urge to hit the search engines until 4 o clock in the morning :D

• Like 1

Ocean Grown and it is pretty damn good if you get the right cut. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Way back in the day, OG was used in my area as way of describing herb from parts of Cali. "ocean grown" though it could of meant West Coast herb I do not know why I think of Cali. I think it depends on where you are from on what it means to that area.

The chems', OG's , Whitefire etc all have a similar taste. I'm curious to know, but not curious enough to research, what plants that terpene profile come from. Is it some skunky afghani or is that mexican sativa? Where the hell did that come from ?

Any one run into those flavors from seed that wasn't crossed to OG or Chem? I like it!

OG stands for Overgrow.com according to Steve Tuck.

I would put my money with what el tib posted, if there was any wagering on it. I hate acronyms anyway. People who use them need their fingers chopped off.

My bet is the fueley tastes come from the higher elevations of plants which would be more Afghani. I have only experienced spicey, piney and fruity tastes from lower level IBL's which have been historically sativa in the native regions.

WTF?!

Show us your age old man. What year did OG start? Myself I heard the acronym used for Over Grow before Ocean Grow.

WTF?! Is an acronym. I was trying to be funny. LOL. ( another acronym !)

And yes ... The only site that is OG is the original OverGrow. I never refer to this site as OG as it can not compare.

Ocean Grown Kush.

I would say that since it is Internet history of weed that it usually serves the interests of the people who write it. Therefore worthless and not worth fussing about. All those clones are old and tired and should be crossed to invigorate the genetics .

There is a weird group of people who think having certain strains makes them elite too. It's weird . Like pot groupies , which is also weird . How little is going in ones life if your best choice to spend the day is arguing with strangers about genetics ?

If you've never read a 40 page thread filled with posts arguing about OG Kush you aren't missing anything.

Beyond silly.

• Like 3

WTF?! Is an acronym. I was trying to be funny. LOL. ( another acronym !)

And yes ... The only site that is OG is the original OverGrow. I never refer to this site as OG as it can not compare.

Ahhhh and you were expecting a Trainwrecked fogged mind to think to deep.

Open

Grow

=

O

G

on this site

:whistle:

True it does Blowsterke but I have not seen anyone using it on here. If I did more than likely I would edit it or say something to that person concerning it. I feel that Over Grow earned that right. There has never been, and I doubt if there ever will be a site that compared with Over Grow IMHO.

Yea, I read the story about the guy who came up with the OG kush... He lived in Venice beach or somewhere in So Cal by the coast... He was at a party, some guy said "this is good shit, must be mountain grown!" grower said no " this is Ocean grown kush". From then on, that cut was known as OG kush.

That old clone is still around for sure... but how to know? For the last 20 years, every other strain out has had it's name changed OG this or that or anything Kush...

I was at a club, they had some some exotic looking sativa, long spears, foxtails & all. Jar said Jack Herer Kush. The weed looked pure sativa. I asked the budtender and he admitted that the Kush name was something they put on all the top grade buds. To them, it was the equivalent of saying "Grade A" or "Select"...

ANOTHER QUESTION:

I've had plants in Veg under T5 for 2 months and now they are too big. I've bent the tops but the side branches stretched and are now super tall.

I topped 2 plants, but again, everything else stretched in and I'm back where I started.

My latest attempt was to remove a girl that was bent from her pot, trim roots and repot. I then tied down anything over a certain height . Of course now she is twice as wide as the pot itself. And in 2 weeks, when she stretches again, I will have even more shoots that are too tall.

The actual question: What can you do in order to keep a plant small? or within a range of control? for how long can you do this?

Guest UfoDisclosure

Thesamyboy : I would say there is no answer

You can deprived them from N and P maybe

You can select 6 or 7 clones from each plants and start again.

But as you cut out the roots, it would be a pity, these plants could grow a hell of a bush when flowering is induced!

I really don' know

There is a product who is suppose to stop the stretch immediatly. I don't know if he is efficient or not, but looks a bit weird, what should it be to shock a plant in such manner :( .

When the stretch goes out of control, you can bend her thoroughly or LST her, never too late,i've made some hard bonding on week 6 or 7. It would be better without, but in some case that the only way to not ruin your crop.

You work the plant, don't let it work you.

Easy. Cut it back viciously. It's a weed. Use your pruners! It will grow back!

It's an technique I learned from Dequilo's threads. I've just spent about two hours doing it. My new cab has been delayed because of the holidays, I have no time to finish it although all supplies are here. So the plants I've been growing are too big.

I've got a chemdog D that's been vegging for months in a smart pot as well as Amnesia Haze , She Who Can Not Be Named, Cherry Pie and Pestilence.

I just picked 6 - 8 main branches and cut down to the lowest node that was growing OUTWARDS. Everything else was cut off the plant. I also took 50 cuttings. I have a shopping bag full of cut branches.

The idea is that you grow a bush... the plant has a root system for that bush. Then you cut it way back. Cruel cutting, hacking, abusively. Now what will happen is that root system that was made for that huge bush will focus on the branches you've left behind. The plant recovers and explodes. You will get fat buds on each of those branches. I've had to do it three times on the Chemd already. Each time it comes back with a vengeance. 3 gallon smart pots.

When they go into flower they will be put into 7 gallon pots. I guess easily 6-12 oz per pot that way. If I do it right , that Chemd will be a record for a single plant for me as it has been vegging for over 4 months and cut back several times.

It's no different than keeping a mother. I cut off all inward growing branches, all branches that cross another s and all lower runty branches that will never make it to the top of the canopy. A nice candelabra shape when done.

By the time I'm ready to toss them into flower, I will have a monster root system.

• Like 2