•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Nokturnal

Co2 Generators and Co2 Tanks.

Which do you prefer and why? Or what do you use for your setup?

Personally I'm looking into a Hydrogen Pro Water Cooled co2 Generator LP (Propane) and wanted to see if anyone has any experience on generators or recommendations/tips.

I use their smaller generator in a 6k bloom + 800 w veg sealed room. Takes a little bit of time to get up to 1200 ppm, but it does pretty well.

I like the little one cause its perfect for my size room, (really only takes 10 min to get up to proper levels) and the H2O cooling mode isn't mandatory, like the one you are looking at. Not sure on your setup, but unless you need to put 1200 ppm of co2 into a 16 k room, then i'd save some scratch and some extra work with the extra rez and get the little guy. great on space, too. Only about 9 inches by 8 inches by 12 inches tall.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Ah awesome thanks for the info, I'm in a 2k bloom room so maybe i'll grab the small gen, and do you use a Co2 Monitor or do you need any type of regulator for this type of setup?

Only thing that freaks me out and is stopping me is having a propane tank indoors.

Co2 tanks are simple and safer, yes you have to use digital controllers .I do have the HydroGen Pro but I had to repair it couple of times, the solenoid on the water pressure valve kept tearing so now the unit is in the box put away. Plus depends on your water the brass tubing can get clocked with calcium so you have to run CLR thru once in a while. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

Ah awesome thanks for the info, I'm in a 2k bloom room so maybe i'll grab the small gen, and do you use a Co2 Monitor or do you need any type of regulator for this type of setup?

Only thing that freaks me out and is stopping me is having a propane tank indoors.

I just use a titan atlas 3 to control the generator. Has a photocell to turn the co2 on just during the day...

ive always used tanks with a reg. a 20 lb tank lasts about a month if you use it only during lights on. the reg costs about $150 and the tanks are about $20 each time you swap em. easy to get. and the fear of a propane mishap is eliminated

• Like 3

I just found an old hydrofarm regulator in my basement lol, I think ill go with the tank instead of risking having propane in the house, scares the shit out of me. Thanks for the tips and info, I appreciate it.