•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
mjs1392

E$ko Blueberry Project Seedline #2

So I'm finally bringing you my Blueberry 2d grow. Quick backstory on how we got to this plant. Started 2 #1's first attempt got 2 males. 2nd attempt was again 2 #1's both female one was super picky and didnt work for me and the other was not even close to ready when her tentmates came down at 65 days so it didnt work for me either. Attempt 3 brought 2 of the #2's. Both female, one very finicky and sativa looking and one with darker, fat, round indica leaves. This was Blueberry 2d. Based on the goal of finding a more indica blueberry, I've decided to run this one.

Grow details are as follows, DR90 tent, 400 cmh in AAW, 6" fan/filter exhaust and passive intake. 76F 60%RH lights on and 65F and 65-70% RH lights off. 3 gallon fabric pots in my first attempt at an organic coco mix. Some quick pics, this journal starts after 7 days of 12/12.

Group shot

Blueberry 2d

blueberry 2d fan top

Blueberry 2d fan bottom

Blueberry 2d

I'll try and post weekly pics until harvest with a smoke report to follow.

• Like 4

they resemble the plant B from my grow. strapped to see

more. all the best and thank you for reporting on those :)

many greetings,

SAN

I have 3 of these #2s going right now...all 3 of mine are sativa looking but very beautiful colors...I was lookin for an indica type myself..

Thanks San and Indican. I was glad to get a nice looking indica so far. Saturday will be 2 weeks since the flip, hopefully I'll get some more pics up. Growing great as of now though. I need to thank you Indican. Your advice on here about coco was what got me to switch and so far I'm having no problems and these ladies in the tent are by far the tallest and bushiest AND healthiest plants I've ever grown. I should have flipped a week earlier. If they stretch too much I'll be into the light. It doesn't show well in the pictures but the blueberry has a definite blue/green hue to the leaves. Very pretty. In the beginning of May, we'll see if she tastes as nice as she looks.

My pleasure man...I just bought GH Nutes coco yesterday. Its compacted into a brick and you add water and the shit breaks into the fine coco. I am still using kiddie pools indoors, much cheaper than any kinda tray at the grow stores!! I opened the package and dumped in about 5 gallons of water, the stuff is magical lol! It was nice to finally get my hands in fresh coco again!! Im sold on coco...

I used Canna Coco because I don't really have the space or desire to mess around soaking it and breaking it up. And since I quit using all R/O water and mix it 50/50 with filtered well water everything looks nicer. I'm guessing the ridiculous amount of calcium in my incredibly hard water combined with the oyster shell and crab meal is helping me avoid the cal/mag deficiencies I always read about using coco. I know for sure though that I'm a coco convert now. Seems to make my overwatering tendencies a thing of the past. Or just a medium far more forgiving of my overwatering.

• Like 1

Im still using Canna nutes and would love to be able to get the canna coco, but this hydro store told me yesterday their distributor doesnt carry canna products. Id say if they did carry it itd be over $30 a bag...They claim since colorado n washington went legal prices have skyrocketed..Bullshit I say. They said theyd have to sample canna before theyd even consider carrying it. Lol! Some just wanna complicate life..Good looking plants you got goin!

Nothing incredible this week. All 5 ladies in the tent are starting to bloom nicely. Stretch leader so far is the CCK but none of them are too bad. Cleaned up some undergrowth today, this looks to be as far as I care to push my 400. Not much good light making it down low. Comments, questions, criticism, or thoughts are more than welcome.

2013 03 02 13 03 20 252

2013 03 02 13 24 01 363

2013 03 02 13 24 28 250

2013 03 02 13 24 49 690

Sorry folks I just realized I never finished this. Didn't want to be "that guy" and ended up doing it anyway. Anywho, heres a summary by my notes and memory. Took the blueberry at 67 days all cloudy. Had problems with tons of deficiencies about 4.5 weeks in I've attributed to cal/mag and ph issues, first time in a new medium so I accept it. Dry yield was 20.4. Ended up smelling like a musty hay field with a bit of a sweet hint. Taste was nothing spectacular. Again I'll attribute it to me. High was very balanced and a nice all day smoke similar to jackberry. Would have run it again and had kept a cut but life had other plans and I'm starting everything from scratch. Sorry for the shit report but life happens.

• Like 1