•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

Auto's are making much progress

Hi folks,

yup, as many already know automatic genetics have and are making much progress as they evolve.

I ACTUALLY HAD SOME AUTO GENETICS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WERE AUTO's when i got them duhhhh.

soon a few more autos should be coming my way to add to my small auto collection. they are as follows.

Sour Rocket 60 (F2's) - the 'big' yield pheno (mother yeilded 4 + oz);

Sour Rocket 60 (F2's) - the 'bag appeal' pheno (mother yeilded 2 oz - but the bag appeal was off the charts);

Sour Rocket 60 x AK47 auto;

Sour Rocket 60 x Blue Streak.

Sour Rocket 60 => Sour 60 F3 (f) X Sour Rocket Fuel (m)

⌊_ Sour 60 => Lowryder x Masterkush x Blueberry x Sour Bubble

⌊_ Sour Rocket Fuel => Sour 60 F3 (f) x Russian Rocket Fuel F3 Auto (m)

I made this thread to see what thoughts you folks might have about these particular genetics as well as to find out if anyone has grown out any of these by chance. any information on them would be much appreiciated . :whistle: :icecream:

Oh yes they are doing exactly that. When we have a consistent compact, sub 70 day, 4 ounce plant indoors that will be saying something.

As for the sour rocket 60 I have never grown it. Sounds interesting though.

From what I read the yields are maximum 1oz range indoors. Thats just what Ive read. And most normal strains can be vegged 10 days then flipped and produce at least 1-2 oz. in 60 days after flipping. I just dont see the benefits of autos. But thats my opinion until I hear of one that produces 2+ oz.s in 70 days or so...

From what I read the yields are maximum 1oz range indoors. Thats just what Ive read. And most normal strains can be vegged 10 days then flipped and produce at least 1-2 oz. in 60 days after flipping. I just dont see the benefits of autos. But thats my opinion until I hear of one that produces 2+ oz.s in 70 days or so...

That is what I am working on now Indican. I figure with enough generations of select development there will varieties like that. My personal opinion is that they cannot be bred from the start to grow that way not uniformly and not with todays development level. However with enough line breeding it will work. The genes are there its just the homogenization that will take a bit of time.

Think of the development level of Herijuana and you see where I am going.

What is this about?

The genetics of Sour Rocket 60? Then explain it please.

Or is it about the (recessive) autoflower trait?

It's confusing me.

The title is about auto's,

the first post is mainly about Sour Rocket 6.

DID U NOT SEE , the 1st. pheno's yield potential or were you too stoned on that dank already lol?

I HAVE A NICE PICTURE FROM A VERY KIND MAN OF sr 60 @70 DAYS, BUT i'M NOT GONNA POST PICTURES UNTIL THEY ARE IN THE VAULT AND I HAVE THEM. it's a bitch to post pic's here so i'll do it all at once.

i post pictures everywhere else easily, if they were gonna revamp this site which has happened the picture issue should have been revammped too imho. many folks just don't want the hassles and we all miss out because of it. imho grrrr

Russian rocketfuel = Dieselryder X lowryder#2

Still don't know what sour60 is.

Are these crosses indica or sativa dominated?

I see no yield potential yet.

How about quality?

This strain is made by me, and the seeds (F2 and crosses) comes from Daffid, an aussie grower... :)

Here's a Daffid's pheno @ 85d :

DSC01655_zps1e255dc8-1_zps10455b75.jpg

Here's an indoor picture (1L pot, just for test) :

2z7juoy.jpg

Smell and taste are diesel/orange/kush, depending pheno... yield is variable and the quality is really good, truly : good high with a big body stone behind... I work actually on another line... :dribble:

Peace guyz... ;)

• Like 3

I might give autos a go one day. Sounds like people are really working with them at increasing potency and yield.

I want to have a choice, though. I'm a little concerned about pollen security in all of the places where they are breeding autos and regulars for seed.

This Freedom 35 from DrGreenthumb, for example.

Says i't finished in 35 to 45 days / advertise that it will stay in veg indefinately under 24 hour light / say "best vegged under 24 hour light" / no stretch / don't advertise yield weight when they do with all the others. They should just call it Rudy, and be open about it.

http://drgreenthumb....edsEntrance.htm

@ Wrecks: Freedom 35 is not advertised as an autoflower. And if it stays vegging at 24/0 it isn't.

The autoflowers on that site are decribed as 90 till 105 days from germ.

Pretty honest imho.

Look at this gem:

It is a cross between Maple Leaf indica and Citrus. The result is an explosion of flavours and smells.

It is a very sturdy plant that is highly resistant to insect and fungus attack.

The features of its Caribbean, Afghan and Indian ancestry combine to give stability to a cross that...

Guess it's name, Thai Fantasy!

Why?

We decided to keep the name of this variety because we wanted an exotic name for our most tropical variety, with genetics brought over from the other side of the ocean.

At least they are open about it.

@sacred...I saw the yield you posted, but it sounds as though you havent grown em, its just what you were told. If you yielded that, impressed..but as I stated from what I keep reading from these big companies, those yields arent happening yet. But I was doubtful about LEDs a year ago, but lately Im seeing awesome grows with them. The world is always changing...Hell, dad said 20 years ago we'd never see pot legal in the US...Change is always happening...

• Like 1

Korsair

glad you are here dude. yes, i told daffid i'd try to turn folks on to these. thx for adding some photos dude.

@Indican

the posted yieldinfo was directly from the dude who grew them out. brother daffid. daffid has always been someone who

tells it like it is from my experience. so i trust his word, but nobody else has too :whistle:

the most obvious advantage of auto's is not having to have the photo period change outside, or a need to switch lighting inside for that matter. plants that you can just toss out and forget about will suit many groweers outside who don't have a green house or long season to get something decent done in time.

as for me i like the idea of playing with them and seeing what i may be able to come up with in various combinations with normal strains.

i love to experiment & create a bit too. :wave:

I grew some autos a few yrs ago,60 Wonder and autoblueberry. Love the way they grew and yield was not bad on the AB,I just did not like the high on either one :thumbsdown:

Instant munchies on both and couch lock ,blah high.

Would try more in the future,they have their place ;)

Also,the 60 day wonder was ready exactly 60 days from seed popping!

Dogs

How many different pheno's are there in the sour60 seeds?

I've used 7 S60 females and one SRF male to make the F1, I kept the seeds from the better pheno (#1, big big seeds, impressive) to create my working line and the F2 are on the way => 15 seeds popped, I kept the 3 better females and 2 great males to make the repro... :)

Here's the F1s :

1zdxfuq.jpg

The seeds used by Daffid for the crosses comes from the other phenos... ;)

• Like 1

Sounds good. It is interesting that Russian Rocket Fuel has Sour diesel in its parentage. Combining in Sour 60 with its Sour bubblegum background should make for a very good smoke.

Looks and sounds cool. Hope the future brings potent, high yielding autos. Wake me up when that day happens...too stoned on indica for now lol. Peace. GA

To me, auto's have always had great potential for outdoor crops. Indica dominant auto's mean dwarfs that finish really early and stay short which is very interesting for stealth grows. The new superauto's yield a lot bigger but finish later. I'd rather grow early strains though with bigger yield and better high, though I can see their usefulness, if you have a really short flowering season.

In theory 95% equatorial sativa's could be grown anywhere on the world, but a lot of work would have to be done, especially in breeding out the very stony and shortlived ruderalis cannabinoid profile.

For indoors, I dunno if I will ever see the potential. As you can easily manipulate the lighting yourself I see no reason to grow auto's. Also as they have a set time to finish, every little mistake can mean a huge drop in yields, whereas with vegging plants you decide when they are big enough to yield sufficiently. It's also impossible to clone auto strains.