•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

silver surfer

small LED grow round 4

Thanks bro TheLifeInPink ;) the AOs drink 1,1l/day each under 450W :blink: ! Good to know that 1/5 of the pot volume is not too much.

I stop watering just when it begins to drain few drops.

I'm very interesting also by coco-without-drain. I think i will begin by adding a 1/4th to a 1/3rd of Canna Coco in my mix next time for some test.

As always, your LED set up make us evolute about those lights.

Tomorrow my new toys sayz the tracker, thx dude ;)

In canna pro and canna bio and many other soils I water till it just feels right, it very Rarely drains out the bottom of the pot at all. I actually try not to let it. I don't know why I water this way ....just always have and works for me.

Grtz HC

There is already coco in Canna terra pro plus, probably the right dosage. Coco is cheap, so CANNA tried probably to add coco as much as possible in the mix. IMAO, adding coco to canna pro + will give some issues. If you use mineral ferts it will work but with organic ferts it will be complicated to adjust.

Why would you want to add coco to canna pro plus? for the price of your soil? for better yields?

Sometimes people always want adding something... personally I'll add only perlite or seramis at Canna terra pro+.

Fortunately they don't have add this for the expensive price... (perlite 100l<20€ & coco 50l<12€)

Silver why overwatering a plant at end could bring problems, same if it herms you will not have pollen or seeds, but if it happens for being sure put this lady out. (stress at end give you more resin and amber trichs) You just need to look for avoiding mold, really the only things which could bring shit...

At my beginning in coco, I had followed the Canna advise on Coir growing, like multi-watering a day and then only one, with 10-20% of drain (mine not waste) Canna say 30% :lol:, but now I also grow with no or just a little bit of drain. This is a good method but it need to have already growing info cause coco can bring harsh issue for a newbee, minerals built up in coco sure will let you a bad taste.

i thought coco coir was cheap.

Overwatering could bring mold maybe? i didn't see any male flowers so far. Yes, your point of view is interesting, thanks bro.

I read the emails i had with CANNA, and yes, they say that there is two ways of growing in coco, one with drain, one with no drain. They said that it is possible to treat the coco as soil, but that plants will adapt their roots to the watering, so don't change the way of watering during the grow.

With drain and more watering, the plant in coco will use less energy to drink water, so the flower production will be higher, but the danger is to overwater the coco.

Water once a day is not very comfortable for me, so i went to bigger pots and watering every 2 or 3 days. I didn't have any issues, plants grew very well, healthy, with big flowers. But final taste was not very interesting imao.

I talked with Bionova too:

They said "try to not flush, no drain, or only if it is absolutely necessary, because there are some little particles in coco, and they will move to the bottom of the pot and create a kind of mud, which can suffocate the roots."

I thinking about coming back to coco, with COGr but on the other hand i don't want to water every day, so it will be impossible if i don't use an automatic watering system imao.

My liquid ferts bottles will finish and these ferts are not available anymore here, so i have to buy new ones. I'm thinking about trying GHE Flora nova with biobloom (flora nova terra program), or coco canna a+b or cogr.

I flushed the pure with 2,5L of RO water (EC0), got 0,7l of drain at PH5,8 EC2,2. (she is in 9 liters pot)

(To LaVie: 9L, 1/5 of pot volume =>1,8L, watered with 2,5L and got 0,7L of drain, 1,8+0,7=2,5, CQFD as we say in french :smoke )

So yes, she had too much nutes. EC2,2 is still too much at this stage. Since 4 weeks I used very few ferts and she is still at 2,2EC. I continue to say that tabs are guilty.

PH is 5,8, it is lower than i expected. I thought that PH raised and now i think that the issue was only too much EC because of the tabs.

I continue now with RO water for the AOs, RO water +0,5ml/l of sensical bloom, it makes a water at EC0,2 and PH6 without any PH- or PH+.

The sensical will give easily absorbable forms of calcium. It is perfect water with perfect calcium. I have algae in my rain water tank, too much algae and microorganisms, i will continue this grow with perfect water, perfectionist inside :smoke )

I think it is the last time i'm using tabs indoor. My tomatoes will love them :yummy:

If you have some tabs left, i have Canna Aqua vega et Flores A+B and Bio Nova A+B almost full to exchange - I bought it last year for my mapito sessions :)

No, thanks but sorry LaVie, the tabs will be used for an outdoor session, by a friend.

What are you using actually as ferts? supersoil organic mix + humates or some liquid ferts?

I love the tabs for my domestic plants (yucca, ficus etc etc ). One in april, one in august, KISS ;)

I'm using same pr close products i guess

For my weed, it is mostly passive feeding, in a supersoil mix, canna terra pro + and Worm casting base. And myco.

Vor veg, almost nothing except a weekly spray of phytamin at 1/5th dose, and one or two Humic/fulvic application until week three of 12/12.

In flo, a lttle bloom if needed after week 4, never more than half dose, one or two PK application

And some little tricks, like calmag each watering and some supervit

The more i grow, the less i use, and focus on the essentials, bare ones :)

I heard that Supervit is dangerous.

I will try a supersoil, seems interesting.

The more i grow, the less i use, and focus on the essentials, bare ones :)

some say "less is more", I do agree

You don't use Humic/fulvic after week 3? why?

i thought coco coir was cheap.

This is what I've said finally by saying hope they won't add much this in a bags at 20€... you have me now ? :lol:

I flushed the pure with 2,5L of RO water (EC0), got 0,7l of drain at PH5,8 EC2,2. (she is in 9 liters pot)

So yes, she had too much nutes. EC2,2 is still too much at this stage. Since 4 weeks I used very few ferts and she is still at 2,2EC. I continue to say that tabs are guilty.

PH is 5,8, it is lower than i expected. I thought that PH raised and now i think that the issue was only too much EC because of the tabs.

I continue now with RO water for the AOs, RO water +0,5ml/l of sensical bloom, it makes a water at EC0,2 and PH6 without any PH- or PH+.

The sensical will give easily absorbable forms of calcium. It is perfect water with perfect calcium. I have algae in my rain water tank, too much algae and microorganisms, i will continue this grow with perfect water, perfectionist inside :smoke )

I think it is the last time i'm using tabs indoor. My tomatoes will love them :yummy:

Next time the first things to do... hope this Pure smoke will be tasty though as well as your Agent Orange...

Looking for a smoke report maybe ? :)

See you SS, greets.

I heard that Supervit is dangerous. I will try a supersoil, seems interesting. some say "less is more", I do agree You don't use Humic/fulvic after week 3? why?

I can give it a bit later if i see some that i will face N issues later, or for long flowering sativa (A boost of hulmic after a diet of 3/4 weeks at week 7/8 for a 11/13 weekers is great.

I don't want to hijack this LED topic, so make a search with "or brun" on my name, i have a great tips for cheap and great humic/fulvic in the Fr/Be/De market. You'll find my soil receipt also, quite simple, but efficient - I definitely climb a big step in growing the day i understood that you need to feed the soil, not the plant - Sannie's and Opengrowers teached me that;)

I think you are speaking about Superthrive, not supervit. Both are forbidden anyway, but Super thrive had Animal hormons or other "saloperies nord américaine" which are forbidden in the old continent.

• Like 1

I wanted to show the harvest of the 2 C99 cuttings under 2x 7 leds (1RB/2CW/2R/2HR spectrum, the same as the grapegod, same LEDs, Ideal Spectrum LED engines)

just amazing, 36W setup with fans included, look at what we can do with only 36W :wOOt , the pots are 10 inches diameter (25cm), biobizz ferts and good rich soil

gallery_3562_3803_78194.jpg

gallery_3562_3803_36974.jpg

gallery_3562_3803_45062.jpg

gallery_3562_3803_59932.jpggallery_3562_3803_15793.jpggallery_3562_3803_182300.jpggallery_3562_3803_111225.jpggallery_3562_3803_68857.jpggallery_3562_3803_94022.jpg

:whistle:

• Like 6

Love your grows! You really seem to have gotten the hang out of LED lighting :)

I'm thinking about building LED arrays for myself (25W for 30x30cm area), my idea was to go full spectrum with 6 WW and 2 NW Cree XM-Ls with lenses but seeing that you're using a small amount of white LEDs and supplementing each with red and blue, I'm wondering if I'm maybe using the wrong approach.

Could you give me advice on this?

Also, how many grams did you harvest?

thanks Dark and Tebos,

the 2 C99 harvested 40g, with 34-35W

I really don't know if full spectrum white is the way to go, probably not. But it is related to efficiency too. Anyway a spectrum with only whites will lack of 660nm. Blue leds (royal blue) and hyper red leds (660nm) have very high efficiencies around 50%, so it is better to use them IMAO.

What strains do you want to grow Tebos please? if they are sativas they will prefer a spectrum with blue (but white leds have some blue wavelengths).

White + red 660nm seems good.

small update:

at first, my agent orange won't yield well, i discovered i used an old 600W bulb on my 600W lumatek at the 75% dim, so spectrum was very warm (i could even say hot!), the plants are drinking 1,1L each day, usually for the same size of plants I water 1,1L every 2 days.

I changed the bulb for a 400W grolux, and :innocent: , the spectrum is much colder, less heat too, much better. Why did I took this old 600 bulb, i was too stoned probably, and it took 5 weeks to see my mistake :head_hurts_kr: !!!

What strains do you want to grow Tebos please? if they are sativas they will prefer a spectrum with blue (but white leds have some blue wavelengths).

White + red 660nm seems good.

Indica and Sativa both! Thanks for the advice, I'll try my luck with warm white and red.

Hi Surfer, I see Your thought on coco coir. I started growing with peat based potting soil. Indican wrote a lot about coco and its benefits. Then I started making my base soil with 3 parts peat potting soil, 2 parts coco coir, 1 part chunky perlite and 1 part supersoil (subcool's recipe). Chief Runningbud told me the benefits of having no drain holes which is similar to Sannies method of having no runoff. I have drain holes but try to keep the runoff to a minimum. I am still learning so this is just where I am at with my soil for now. I am getting interested in trying to build a LED along the lines that You are showing. I am wondering how much skill and tools are needed to do it correctly?