•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Flashman

My odd set up, looking for strain/pheno to fit it

Hi All - absolutely new here but eager to try out some of sannies work - which I have heard great things about. I have been growing for 6 years and have been through several different seed cos and almost never end up with what is described. I have always ordered from the attitude, get what i ordered, but I'm usually disappointed by the results but I understand that great parents don't always make great kids andI'm not the Mr Miyagi of growing either so operator error may be to blame in a few cycles. Also I have been pleasantly surprised, so it hasn't all been bad. Plus I'm pretty happy just be stocked up. But in the quest for perfection or at least improvement, I have come here to try dial in a great strain for my set up.

I grow in an aero fence post system under 300 watt led indoors in a tropical environment, so I air cool my light and have excessive room air exchange to keep humidity down. I only have 12 holes in my two fence posts and its a tiny space so I look for single cola dom strains and flower them straight from the aerocloner at about 6-8 inches tall. They usually finish around 18 to 24 inches tall and get me 15 grams dry each. Kind of embarrassing grams/watt, but zero larf, and I get to harvest a new grow kinda right as I'm finishing the cured gear from the last one.

So I've got my system as dialed as its going to get, now I just need to find the perfect mom for it. My research points me to : extrema (sold out at present) and new blue diesel, but I prefer fem'd. I'd go with straight heri, but I love super stinky/tasty herb, the stinkier the better.

To sum it up, looking for a single cola dominant, fast finishing, potent stinkbomb that can generate decent dry yield from rooted clones straight to 12/12. I'm willing to put in the time to find the right pheno, if it exists. I've been trying for years. I'm confident I will find it with time and will try to enjoy myself as I search it - as the search is part of the fun, plus I just love to grow cannabis!

I think SELENE might fit the bill bro. http://www.sanniesshop.com/selene-cannabis-seeds.html She is a single cola type plant that is built for small places and, I have never grown her, but I grew out a mess of madonna (the selene basically replaced madona) in a micro cab and my wife said it looked like I had been punched in the face after I had done my gardening. That plant had a smell that would literaly hit you.

• Like 2

Thanks, dasheesh, I appreciate the tip! That sounds like some epic odor. I'm sometimes afraid my wife might actually punch me in the face, the amount of time I spend in my little flowering room...

Yeah, I'm totally game for growing out regulars too, I think it's just habit with the fems. My state has plant count restrictions and that had been my reasoning in the past, but no one really seems to care here anymore as long as you're not running a commercial op, which I am the furthest thing from.

Cheers bro!

Extrema will be back in around 6 weeks, I read. Mad Kush fem. I have seeds of, but have not grown yet. Sannie says its one of his strongest indicas and there is also herijuana fem. I grown regular version and it is strong and everyone I shared with would agree. But flavor is a little lacking. Good luck with your quest. Hericles is worth lookin at. Peace.

Extrema will be back in around 6 weeks, I read. Mad Kush fem. I have seeds of, but have not grown yet. Sannie says its one of his strongest indicas and there is also herijuana fem. I grown regular version and it is strong and everyone I shared with would agree. But flavor is a little lacking. Good luck with your quest. Hericles is worth lookin at. Peace.

Good to know about Extrema, thank you. I saw mad kush and it looks really nice but sounds very branchy. I try to keep my 12 little soldiers very orderly and even do a couple of defoliation sessions early in flower but after the stretch to generate basically one long bat each. It's a beautiful thing when everything goes just right. I used to do a scrog set up in the same space with some veg time and mad kush sounds like it would have been great in that set up. It was great for yield but took a lot of time (veg & and just fiddling with the canopy to get it just right).

Ps hericules sounds pretty awesome too

Not to add more decisions, but a lot of people say chocolate rain is a single cola type plant as well (though a lot of open growers will top her). I think it could be another option for you.

Thanks for warm welcome and great suggestions! I just went ahead and ordered a pack of Selene after poking around through some grow journals. I'll be looking for one of those fast finishing blue phenos. I will be tracking my progress for any that are interested in the journal section. Really excited!

• Like 1

Selene is some of the best pot in the shop, and the taste is phenomenol! Chocolate rain, in my experience, was a very branchy plant. Ive got one that just popped out of the soil yesterday...Good luck and welcome to OG!

I said that I would do a journal of my Selene when she showed, unfortunately, she never showed so it's not going to happen. I ordered with track and trace but after a month emailed Sannie and he resent a new pack. After another month and no seeds, I emailed Sannie again and my only option was a refund. That's great and a good effort on sannies part, but I'd much rather be growing Selene right now!

Instead, I've started clones of headband and cbd crew yummy, after recently harvesting clones of blue hash (dinafem from a freebie seed), and a single Barney's phat fruity from seed. They are all curing now.

The new plan is to order Escobars cheese mix from the seed depot with their guaranteed t shirt shipping, which I've read in a few places is usually successful. Anyone have experience ordering through there? I poked around for killing fields or Selene to see if there were any other sources that I could try but I guess it's only Sannies for his gear?

Thanks for the update Flashman, and yes--Sannie is adamant about keeping the Sannie seeds "in house".

Caramel Candy Kush fits the bill. I just ran both prominent pheno's, very pole-like. Wins in all categories. Smell, taste, high, easy to grow.

Cheers

RM

• Like 1

Thx Rev. I actually checked out dynasty's website and one of the vendors that they list is cannazon which ships from the uk and has a better chance of making it I feel. They also carry esco's gear so I see the cheese mix and cck in my future, though I'm not in a hurry now that I've got a new run going. I'll wait a month or two and keep doing research in the meanwhile.