•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

So I have been running a chocolope cutting for about 2yrs and no matter what i do,i get hermie sacs.I have adjusted the temp and other environmental variables and pretty much ruled out(not entirely ) human error...my cut could be from fem seeds(most likely)....would that explain it? or is it the chocolate thai parentage? Any info would be killer....anyone else growing this right now?

Light leaks, or an interruption of the 12 hour cycle is most likely cause of hermie, second is genetics stability. I have also read some Thai genetics are naturally prone to hermie. I wish you the best in your grow. If you have dialed in all factors, eliminating user error, and you still get hermie? Then I would look for a new strain. Peace.

Cool,thanks Green Angel,I too have read that....I'm relatively sure its not light leaks as I use tents,and they are in good order...i think its time to replace the momma.I'm thinking about the sweet sounding chocolate cross from Sannies site.... chocolope x something from djshort

Chocolate Rain = DNA Chocolope x DJ Short Blueberry bred by eskobar. That would be a good choice. I have heard many good things of New Blue Diesel. I have some Chucky's Bride that has sweeter tasting phenos and a quick finisher. I still have to wait a bit before I judge the CR, as it is finishing drying. And when Sugar Punch restocks, get some. It is sweet and way strong. I also read somewhere a Cheese x Cocoa Kush might be in the works. I hope so lol. Peace.

Hi Smokey Pockets, in my opinion kill all your hermie plants. Take an order at sannie for Chocolate Rain = DNA Chocolope x DJ Short Cocoa Kush from e$kob@r. I love this plant so much! Also a very very good price. Search for your keeper and make cuts...

Have a good grow ;)

Take care!

• Like 2

esko's chocolate rain is:

DNA chocolope elite cut crossed to a eskobar-selected cocoa kush male

(original DJ Short stock) ... and "chocolate cheese" (exodus cheese vs.

the same cocoa kush male) is part of his new 4-strain "cheese mix" :icecream:

sugar punch is also tempting. i have been looking at it few times already.

EDIT:

oi, garden ... shooting almost at the same time *haha*

• Like 1

Thanks fellas,I appreciate the info,I am gonna call it quits with chocolope....chocolate rain sounds like perfect replacement, I love the chocolate flavor that chocolope has,but damn the hermies! Santero,is that chocolate cheese available now? That sounds incredible too Is there any other cheese hybrids from sannie and crew that I need to check out?

So I have been running a chocolope cutting for about 2yrs and no matter what i do,i get hermie sacs

In my very humble opinion, you posted this something like 1,5 years too late...

I couldn't agree more with the ditch-that-shitty-hermie-motherplant-and-get-some-fucking-Chocolate-Rain thing I did read just above. Which would have been told you 1,5 years ago if you had made that post.

Grtz

Smokey pockets.......

As el super said ........way too late.

Damn man 2 yrs is a long time to play with a hermi plant especially using clone, if you was trying different seed stock then fair enough as it could have been a dodgy bean. Save yourself time and annoyance and don't grow/clone anything if it herms ...simply bin it straight away and move to the next. If you'd bought a new car from a maker that you hadn't tried before and it fell apart in the first few weeks you wouldn't go there again would you......so don't do it with weed.

Remember.....if a plant is prone to herm then generally all it's clones will too no matter what you do so you've wasted all that time trying to find out why. Forget it and move on.

You'll be happy with Esko and sannies beans..... I always have been even if the strain wasn't really my cup of tea..... And never had herms. Chocolate rain is a fine strain. if these herm then its grower error. if not then yo know it was more than likely genetic.

the debate of herms due to light leaks is on going and its morethan likely a dodgy bean(genetic) or some other enviromental factor created by the grower.

Grtz HC

hey thanks for the input,you are all right....shoulda dumped them a while ago.I been holding on because it isnt that easy for me to get a hold of new genetics,I live in mass which just passed medical but nothing has been set up yet,and I have some grower buddies in RI that share but not much variety very often.I also have a pretty good case of paranoia about doing a seed order,but I need to move past that...any advice on getting a sannies order to mass?

..any advice on getting a sannies order to mass?

Yeah just order it Sannie does a stealh shipment or if worried why not get the order delivered to a friends address and then get them to send to you via internal country mail.

Grtz HC

do it. you will have seeds to you in less then 2 weeks in my experience.

ordered to cali several times... once you see how they ship, it will make sense and you will realize...

and WORST case scenario, your seeds are seized by customs and that's it. i have not heard of anyone getting in trouble or even questioned. and you are in a legal state! no question!

buy a gift card if you want, but no nessessaru, sannie also has stealth payment system, you will see ;)

its thought out and works 99% of the time

• Like 1