•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Aragorn

Shantibaba seeking test growers for new White Widow hybrids

2 new White Widow hybrids currently being tested by Shantibaba:

http://www.mrnice.nl...w-new-work.html

1. AC/DC (White Widow X HazeAC)

2. Grail Widow (specific lineage not announced yet)

These are not expected to replace Black Widow on the Mr Nice menu, but to expand the current selection of Widow hybrids such as Critical Widow, G13 Widow, Medicine Man, Shark Shock, and Mango Widow.

Great some more CBD rich strains that are unstable regards THC content. Lol

Maybe I'm just sceptical...... IMO he's looking for marketing of the new strains ...not testing......he has enough folk around him to test without opening up to the forum. I'll put money on just a few tests and then A fast release of strains. Unlike some that test for years.

Shanti fell from grace sometime ago ....but that's just my opinion.

Grtz HC

PS ... I did say just my opinion so let's not get the shanti fans bashing me ;)

• Like 1

First i thought "that's new, Shantibaba needs help ?". And conclude about the same as you HC, maketing, uzz, hype, call it as you want etc, :P

But ... even if the goal of an Icon is to burned, i will delay that time ;) :P

• Like 1

Vie.....

i'll probably get burned for my remarks too lol

Grtz HC

The new Widow strains are not CBT-enriched. They are regular Mr Nice seeds like all his other strains.

The CBT-enriched strains, which he mentioned in the same post, those are "CBT Crew" releases and are separate from the Mr Nice strains. Until now only fems have been available, so now he is testing regular versions of their CBT strains (CBT Nordle, Psycho Haze, etc.).

Just FYI... don't shoot the messenger. :wave: Opengrow is my new online canna-home... I stopped being a member of MNS some time ago due to all the the drama and security issues. Currently my garden is still all MNS (5 keepers - Black Widow, Shit, Devil, The Cure, & Neville's Skunk) but my next seed run will employ beans obtained from Sannies shop.

:wave: Hi Aragorn...

not shooting anyone mate ...just airing an opinion

Is your d button broke as I think you mean cbD not cbT ;)

Grtz HC

• Like 1

.. don't shoot the messenger. :wave:

No no no, it is not my goal (neither Icon burner), welcome dude - We just react on the facts, and we thank you for giving us the news, really ;)

Vie..... i'll probably get burned for my remarks too lol Grtz HC

No no no, it is not my goal (neither Icon burner) :lol: :lol:

Shanti will survive our gentle bashing ;)

• Like 1

:wave: Hi Aragorn...

not shooting anyone mate ...just airing an opinion

Is your d button broke as I think you mean cbD not cbT ;)

Grtz HC

LOL...thanks for pointing that out, bro. I was high as a kite when I wrote that! I went through a 20-pack of each MNS strain to find my keepers, and potency is always my #1 selection criteria. :dribble:

As much as I love my current strains - and I do have a nice variety covered - I'm still lacking a heavily-narcotic Indica. I'm looking at the Sannies Indica Mix for my first purchase from the shop because I can't decide between Herijuana, KO Kush, or Anesthesia (not really interested in Jackberry - I have Devil a.k.a. "Red Devil" as my tasty daytime Indica). Once the beans get here, I'll be doing a grow report no doubt!

Maybe I'm just sceptical...... IMO he's looking for marketing of the new strains ...not testing......he has enough folk around him to test without opening up to the forum. I'll put money on just a few tests and then A fast release of strains. Unlike some that test for years.

This is also my opinion, especially considering how the post reads.

No pictures or details about the strains or what he is expecting from testers. 10 people per strain? That seems like NOTHING considering the size of the MNS forum right?

And the seeds are not ready yet? hahah!

1 month to get the hype on the forum going, then 1 month for people to start posting grows to make everyone jealous of the coolest, latest drop from shanti, and right before the testers finish, they will be available in the store "early" due to popular demand!

It's one thing when Esko needs volume testing of 3 possible lines, takes the feedback and goes back to work. But he grew them himself too. Showed everyone pictures of the plants you would be growing... I guess when those folks are used to paying 100 $ a pack, free seeds really seems like the deal of the century.

Its all good and I look forward to seeing more about these strains as time unfolds.

This is also my opinion, especially considering how the post reads.

No pictures or details about the strains or what he is expecting from testers. 10 people per strain? That seems like NOTHING considering the size of the MNS forum right?

10 people (per strain) will get FREE tester beans if they promise to post grow logs with pics. He later announced that due to the huge popular demand, any additional testers beyond the first 10 (per strain) will be allowed to purchase the untested seed.

http://www.mrnice.nl...145-post68.html

"i will allow those who are not selected to purchase test strains"

so if i follow you right shanti will graciously let you BUY UNTESTED seeds then test for him and produce a grow log to promote them yet again for him?

sounds good where do i sign up :whistle:

Vie.....

i'll probably get burned for my remarks too lol

Grtz HC

Not by anyone with an opinion that's worth a piss HC. I endorse what you're saying 100% :D.

Now how about on to the subject of selling test seeds. Beanho has that shit wrapped up with 40+ strains on HD. At least his genetics aren't tainted by a pretentious asshole like Shanti.

When esko offered his BB test, I think I got around 30 seeds, 10 of each selectively bred BB. No promise required of a grow thread, but a lot chimed in with their results and I'm sure good things happened TO THE COMMUNITY because of it.

Afghan Haze 2 x MH

Afghan Haze 2 x SSH

Afghan Haze 3 x SSH

Afghan Haze 4 x MH

AK47 x Blockhead

Black Widow-H

Black Widow-I

Black Widow-K

Black Widow-P

Black Widow-S

Black Widow x S.Tooth

Black Widow 5 x S.Tooth

Black Widow I x S.Tooth

Blockhead x Widow

Blockhead x S.Tooth

C99 x Widow

C99 x S. Tooth

Chem D.D / SSH x BW

Chem D.D. x S.Tooth

Deep Congo x PCK

Destroyer x PCK

F13 x S.Tooth

Harmony x B.head

Hawaiian/AK47 x Widow

Hawaiian x S.Tooth

Jack Herer x Widow

Jack Herer x PCK

Jack Herer x S.Tooth

Malawi x S.Tooth

Malawi/Thai 1 x PCK

Malawi/Thai 2 x PCK

Malawi/Thai 3 x PCK

Malawi/Thai 4 x PCK

Mango Haze x Widow

Mango Hz 3 x PCK

Mango Hz 5 x PCK

Mango Haze x S.Tooth

Mix-Indoor

Mix-Black Widow Hybrid

Mix-Haze Hybrid

Mix-Blockhead Hybrid

Mix-Malawi/Thai Hybrid

Mix-Purple Chitral Kush

Nev Haze x S.Tooth

Sensi Star x Widow

Sensi Star x B.head

SSH 1 x PCK

SSH 2 x PCK

SSH 3 x PCK

SSH x S.Tooth

Sweet Tooth #3

Trainwreck x Widow

Trainwreck x PCK

Trainwreck x S.Tooth

Warlock x B.head

Beanho'd catalog, tell me who has time to test this?

• Like 1

At least his genetics aren't tainted by a pretentious asshole like Shanti.

Hi Rev. I was wondering why you say the MNS genetics are tainted?

I can only speak for myself, but in my experience growing over 100+ of Shanti's beans I don't have a single complaint about the plants themselves. To the contrary, I'm very happy with my MNS keepers... and looking to add a few more from the fine breeders here because it's time for me to move on.

That said, I can totally understand why some people dislike the way MNS and their forum is run. What brought me here was the (literally) open nature of this site, so of course that includes the negative as well.

Without raking up old news ......

A simple google of Shantibaba (Scott Blakey) Adding.. Troubles or plagiarism or ......... Choose your own negative words

you get the idea without me dragging it all up.

not that he didn't do some great work once.

Grtz HC

Aragorn, you're posting this thread in a forum that's attracted a lot of growers because of the breeders here tend not to be attention grabbing fame whores. Like Shantibabba. Yeah the dude's work up to a certain point was pinnacle and no one in their right mind can deny that, but here it's all about the seed.

Notice the lack of medical reference in sannie and crews strain descriptions? They're not praying on the desperate like so many other breeders are doing these days. Prof does cater to that crowd but he's also not here making threads on how his strains are miraculous healers, just notes some of the benefits in his descriptions and lets the grower figure shit out.

Peace

RM

If Prof P can give us pheno breakdown in % for $40 / pack.. or if Esko can tell us about the 3 moms and dads in the BB project, which ones flower longer, which one is with the male that is familiar which one is supposed to turn blue... um, that's setting up basic guidelines and parameters for your testers. Unless you really want to pick people based on their own enthusiasm for something they have not seen or know anything about. It's very nice of them to offer their services, but do they really know what they offering themselves for?

So, to clarify, the seeds from untested stock that are not even harvested, will be available for sale, that's been determined already?

What's next, will he be picking 5 people to do preliminary germination tests? I fully understand how a breeder can't ( and would not want to ) do all the testing himself. You need other people, other environments, other mistakes and different kinds of techniques and stress... whatever. But Shanti is really pushing it. Either you know the parents so well, you know it can't possibly be bad and you share as much info with your testes, or you grow 5 seeds along with the 100s of plants you has going, to get a baseline, and shares that info with the testers.

R&D is not a one way street... sorry, that is unless you are actually TRYING to get free labor from people and then immediately capitalize on the buzz this 'testing' is all about.

over and out.

• Like 1

the real ones do ... the immitators copy it. quite simple, really ^_^

sad thing is that shanti does obviously not mean to really test it

but only promote it for the future release. it has been mentioned

and explained by many of the experienced members here already

and is quite obvious. it just can't be that he lacks testers / judgers

with this fanatic cult surrounding him. i am sure he has plenty of

very capable growers in his private periphery (like every breeder

does ... that's a total standard). this is just a desperate promotion-

copy-cat. only the original is more honest, imo. and he did not do

this to sell beans, but to find the best genetics. it's a big difference.

shanti usually fails to mention real lineages and is quite open about

thinking that we little unimportant growers do not need to know or

"concern" in the first place.

While it is of no real importance except curiosity, I do try to explain

things and what I did for the majority. It does seem sufficient most

the time, but there are several people who wish for further information

...for what ever reason.

meaning:

"you guys don't need to know ... and you don't need to know more

then what i initially said about a strain, even if it proves to be untrue.

first give me a good reason you need to know."

urgh ...

he has okay beans, but is a somewhat crappy dude (yes, i said it *lol*).

sadly this goes for quite a few in the biz. the longer you look at them, the

more crap comes to light over time. i will stick to the ones that are humble

and do not sympathize with companies like watson's. ingemar is another

piece to the puzzle and many believe the hype and hate on the "hype" :innocent:

i said my piece ... except: good luck and much fun to the testers :)

@lavie

indeed, shanti does not care at all what people know or not

know about him ... he will definetly survive this thread, haha.

salut, mon ami :wave:

The seed business is an interesting one.

Marijuana use to be sold in lids full of seeds. You used a record albums to roll them all off as you rolled a joint, or risk a seed blowing your joint apart while smoking and igniting bedding or clothing.

Then come seedless marijuana and everyone was happy. Buying marijuana that had no seeds for $10 gram.

Then come the breeders making seeds that cost far more than the cost of marijuana itself and they are sort of legal. So many breeders, so much drama, Overgrow, CC, Gypsy, POM, Marc Emery, Sam the Skunkman, Arjan and Shanti... Oh and Nevelle. So much money and so much entertainment. Read my thread for my take in the Seedy Seed Business. And the marketing. Look at the descriptions of strains on a seed catalog for a good laugh. Pure marketing for the stoned mind.

I grew up with marijuana since I was 12-13 years old. I do not smoke to oblivion all the time anymore, but I am still in the circle. Santa Cruz is about a one day drive from here and I can go any time and look for the roots of haze. Reading about people in Amsterdam searching for some grail makes me laugh. Amsterdam become the center of seeds because of a legal loophole. People in California, Oregon and Washington have been growing as families for three generations. The seven strains that made it to Amsterdam in the 80s that keep getting recycled are like a McDonalds cheeseburger to me. It gets the job done, but it is as exciting as driving to work on a Monday morning. I do agree that the soap opera of the seed business is entertaining from an outsider. Too bad we can't smuggle some of our clone only strains to Amsterdam from the US. That would sure stir things up a bit.

E$ko's style borrowed ? When an idea is good, she have to be kept ...

Imatation is the highest form of flattery.