•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest BrockSamson

Kolossus in Soil First Grow

Guest BrockSamson

Yo what's up everybody, this is my first grow, hoping everything works out well for my babies.

So far I have 10 seedlings in 5 gallon smart pots (which I started in spongepots and planted straight into the 5 gallon, which i should've put in smaller containers, but hey you live and you learn right?) they're coming up to 2 weeks old

Each pot has 2 buffer tablets, mycro and perfect start spread throughout. I've been dosing my babies with root stimulator every other watering (this week I'll give them a good watering of bacto). The soil is a mixture of Ocean Forest and Perlite.

At the moment they're under 2 x 600 W MH bulbs turned down to 50% (waiting on 2 X 125 Watt CFL's to come in). The average temperature and humidity in the room is 77 degrees F / 50% Rh.

I'm also supplementing the CO2 with a generator (air exchange is not an option for my grow room)

I have 20 more that have been germinating for 4 days (15 sprouted, 5 more to go (fingers crossed))

gallery_8402_3763_16746.jpg

gallery_8402_3763_569533.jpg

• Like 1

Hiya,

I have 2 of massive Kollossus in flower. She does not stretch too much, so veg her as long as you can. Both of mine are about 3 feet and some change. Both have 2 weeks before chop. Good luck with your grow. Peace.

• Like 1

Guest BrockSamson

Figured I'd give an update

I transplanted 16 seedlings from the humidity dome to some 6 inch pots (original 10 were put straight into OF 5 gallon pots). I've got a regular perlite/potting soil mix in the 6 inch pots (mycro spread throughout) lightly watered with bacto. They're under an 300 Watts of MH right now until my 125 Watt CFL's come in.

gallery_8402_3764_452856.jpg

Let There Be VEG!

gallery_8402_3764_165734.jpg

4 of the seeds didn't germinate (but i'm still trying maybe they just need some more time? if they don't grow i'll bury them in my back yard, next to my goldfish)

gallery_8402_3764_619814.jpg

I sprayed my original mommas with some pro-active and they'll be getting some root stimulator and bacto tomorrow.

I'm at week 2 hoping that the vegging takes off right now, debating on ordering some shackzilla to replace the 4 that didn't germ) .

78F, 900 PPm, 60 % humidity

Waiting on next paycheck so I can purchase a tripod for da camera ;)

looks good. veg em nice and slow and they will love those pots.

Guest BrockSamson

Alright, so now my 10 original Kol plants are at the end of week 3 veg (beginning of week 3 veg they started showing sex, all females (feminized seeds))

My seedlings are at the end of their first week of veg ( i started using smaller pots and there is definitely a difference between starting them in 5 gallons and 6 inch pots).

All in All everything is good, The 10 Kolossus plants are starting to get tall; I was planning on scrogging these plants and I guess the only question I got is

How high above the smart pots do I set my scrog netting (i've read it's between 8 and 12 inches ( i was going to set it at 10)?

I'm pretty sure i'm getting to the point where I have to start training these ladies.

gallery_8402_3775_147234.jpggallery_8402_3775_525749.jpggallery_8402_3775_626325.jpg

Guest BrockSamson

quick update

16 seedlings are growing up

gallery_8402_3806_1125549.jpg

Finally scrogged (I decided to top all of my plant as they have more than enough branching to fill the scrog)

gallery_8402_3806_1046301.jpggallery_8402_3806_40430.jpg

New Seedlings (5xHerijuana and 5xShackzilla) These won't be getting too much veg time, I'd prefer to let the herijuana veg for atleast 2 more weeks since it gets done flowering 2 weeks before my kolossus, but well ....shit... you know?

gallery_8402_3806_299254.jpg

• Like 3

perfect timing with the training IMO, they will blow up already in the screens.

If you keep things going well, be prepared to have a shitload of weed. Looking good. :)

• Like 1

Guest BrockSamson

yo, kind of a late update, i've been busy as shit with my slave job and trying keep my girls/grow room maintained

The scrog netting is being overrun, I have nowhere else to stretch the bud sights to, so I guess now they're going vertical from here on out, these pics are after the first week of flowering, next week I'll be giving them some BAC bloom stimulator and organic bloom.

The shackzilla and herijuana are starting to catch to the kolossus plants, but they still have a ways to go, i'm hoping that shack starts picking up next week so I can start scrogging

gallery_8402_3835_60100.jpggallery_8402_3835_1172460.jpggallery_8402_3835_1191841.jpggallery_8402_3835_169019.jpg

• Like 3

Looking sweet dude

Guest BrockSamson

Quick update for all you playa pimps, These are at the beginning of their third week of flowering,

As you can see the scrog has been overrun completely, I didn't bother scrogging the Shackzilla (the plants on the right side of the room), i'm hoping it ends its stretch soon, The kolossus seemed to have stopped stretching and is now beginning BUD (yeeaaaaa B) )

Shitty pics sorry but I do need a new camera, but I keep procrastinating on buying a new onegallery_8402_3863_539389.jpggallery_8402_3863_1029853.jpggallery_8402_3863_383027.jpggallery_8402_3863_54345.jpg

gallery_8402_3863_239008.jpg

• Like 4

Thing of beauty. They look very healthy. I'd wish you good luck, but it doesn't appear that you need any, so I'll just say carry on. :)

• Like 1

A little bit of vertical distance above the screen can be JUST RIGHT, all depends on the strain and the stretch right?

Great looking space, I hope my space upgrade looks like this!

Guest BrockSamson

yea dude (wrecks), everything has been going according to plan so far, they've definitely come a long way from seedlings

I'd be happy if any of those end up looking like yours islayhearts, i definitely recommend the scrog too G , I've got a kolossus that's not under the scrog (its on the same platform as the shacks and herijuana) and there's a few colas that would probably get more light if they were scrogged)

Thanks samyboy that's reassuring, I wasn't sure how much stretch above the netting I was supposed to allow, so once i ran out of in the netting I just let them go, I decided this after I broke a main cola trying to weave it around a bunch other nodes .the room is 12 feet wide by 16 feet long btw, upgrades are definitely interesting tweeks to the room (i've been setting this room up for months before I even started growing) I recommend a minisplit AC unit if you decide to dish out some dough (probably the second best investment in the room, the first being the sentinel/CO2 generator combo)

• Like 1

Guest BrockSamson

Update: end of week 3 flowering, everything is coming along just fine, a bit uneven of a canopy, but hey that's what I get for flipping to 12/12 with an overflowed scrog netting

I'm having a problem with my shackzilla's that are growing into the light reflector, I'm thinking about tying them down into the smart pot, or scrogging them now (which will probably break some prime nodes, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't damage these plants at the moment)

gallery_8402_3873_308688.jpggallery_8402_3873_621213.jpggallery_8402_3873_406861.jpggallery_8402_3873_563718.jpggallery_8402_3873_482403.jpggallery_8402_3873_739140.jpggallery_8402_3873_670227.jpg

Nice show

Prepare for some serious buds to come

Good to see where the plants are having less light and start to search for light and stretch

Thanks for sharing with us

greetz sannie

• Like 1

Guest BrockSamson

No Sannie........ THANK YOU for sharing these bad ass seeds with us man I really appreciate it, if it wasn't for all the information you provide on your website and these damn good genetics I doubt this would have worked out the way it has.

But anyways I FINALLY got a new camera (no more shitty pics), so I've been messing around with taking pictures, hope y'all like them

END of WEEK 4 flower

gallery_8402_3881_1296761.jpggallery_8402_3881_785673.jpggallery_8402_3881_1691128.jpggallery_8402_3881_288510.jpggallery_8402_3881_1345317.jpggallery_8402_3881_50028.jpggallery_8402_3881_411286.jpg

• Like 1

Guest BrockSamson

Okay, these are coming to the end of week 5 (in 2 days). Almost half way through flowering, but as you can see through the pictures, it seems I'm having some PH/nutrient lock up issues, which is cool cause I feel that I caught it early enough before it started doing some more damage.

Lots of work needs to be done in the room half way through (the walls need to be wiped down, the light reflectors cleaned, duct tape on the cooling fans replaced, room vacuuming, need to fix the scrog cages, cause my support poles are falling off) and last but not least a carbon air filter has to be added, there is distinct lemony bud smell coming from the room (or it could be my weedgination)-....so much work, so little time.

On a good note, the plants finally stopped stretching (with exception of the shackzilla) I got my high humidity issues resolved (down to a 60 % for now) and everything below the scrog netting is clean (ie dead leaves, soil blowing off), the buds are filling in very nicely with 5 weeks gallery_8402_3898_302613.jpg gallery_8402_3898_3456017.jpggallery_8402_3898_2568893.jpgleft to go

gallery_8402_3898_623950.jpggallery_8402_3898_207390.jpg

• Like 1

Great room, beautiful plants... are they the ones coming with nutrients issues in general talk threads ?

Guest BrockSamson

yea those are the ones, I'm hoping they're still pretty early in their nutrient lock up, they used to look a whole lot greener