•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrockSamson

Seedling Wilting

Guest BrockSamson

yo,

All 16 of my seedlings are growing pretty well except for 1-2 of them, which look like the one below, the leaves are wilting back and down, could this be due to underwatering? root rot maybe? ......hah or am I just freaking out?

gallery_8402_3768_916382.jpg

Seedling troubles usually stem from overwatering. How often do you water? Has the soil ever gotten dry to the touch at the surface?

If you water every day, stop. If the soil has never dried out, you're watering too much.

• Like 2

What MisterD said.

Stop watering and let the pot become VERY light then start watering again.

Grtz HC

• Like 1

Misterdirt is right... What is your watering schedule like? I had the same problem and realized that they'll let you know when they need water.

Are you watching them grown every 10 secs... lol

keep us posted

~SB

Guest BrockSamson

lol...... its my second bedroom,

those 2 seedlings started out with wilting leaves, i haven't watered them since I took them out of the dome 3 days ago, The others look great and have been showing progress daily, I guess i'll just let them be for a couple more days an see what happens.

thanks for the input y'all

i haven't watered them since I took them out of the dome 3 days ago.

Must have been a shit load of water then as I can see water soaked soil.

Out of curiosity ..... What are your temps ? If low this could be why your soil stays water logged too long.

Grtz HC

Guest BrockSamson

the temp is held constant between 75-80, and the humidity is being held at 50-60 Rh. I'm going to assume that it is overwatered (since i've done this before with my 10 mommas that are vegging right now).....but really i think i'm overdoing it on the TLC :dribble:

Overwatered cannabis plants have leaves that are full of water, leaves will be firm to the touch and generally curl under.

Underwatered cannabis plants have leaves that can be brittle, limp and lifeless. Leaves will seem to be drooping, but won't appear as rounded and full as an overwatered plant'

Seedlings require water every few days. Let the top 1 or 2 inches of soil dry out between waterings. This is also good for building healthy roots, as they must grow to seek water. Your soil looks like it has very good drainage. Do you water until there is run-off coming out the bottom of the pot? If not, you should... this keeps the growing medium from harboring salt/nute build-up and harming the plants roots.

Good luck with this issue and keep us posted.

DesertGrown

Overwatered cannabis plants have leaves that are full of water, leaves will be firm to the touch and generally curl under.

Underwatered cannabis plants have leaves that can be brittle, limp and lifeless. Leaves will seem to be drooping, but won't appear as rounded and full as an overwatered plant'

Seedlings require water every few days. Let the top 1 or 2 inches of soil dry out between waterings. This is also good for building healthy roots, as they must grow to seek water. Your soil looks like it has very good drainage. Do you water until there is run-off coming out the bottom of the pot? If not, you should... this keeps the growing medium from harboring salt/nute build-up and harming the plants roots.

Good luck with this issue and keep us posted.

DesertGrown

I like the input Desert... learn something new everyday +1

Guest BrockSamson

Ok Since I last posted that picture, i've let the soil dry out and I raised the temps by 2 degrees (to help dry the soil out) and now the seedling has grown a new pair of fan leaves......its in good shape. I'm definitely going to start watering my plants to the point of a drainage, but not too much drainage of course (before you (desert) posted that I was watering enough so that there WASN'T any drainage (now i'll be doing the opposite).

Thanks for all the help y'all

gallery_8402_3775_574821.jpg

the temp is held constant between 75-80, and the humidity is being held at 50-60 Rh. I'm going to assume that it is overwatered (since i've done this before with my 10 mommas that are vegging right now).....but really i think i'm overdoing it on the TLC :dribble:

mole and capt skunk told me years ago i babied my plants to much. so yeah you're on the right track it seems. :wave: